• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totakeke

2h weapons hit harder when using your skills.

Only benefit on 1h is faster attack speed and double crit damage gems.

Also the benefit from the archery passive is much better for 2h xbows and bows.

Those aren't the reasons why people aren't using 1h xbows.

The real reason is that for the same dps, they're a lot more expensive. And considering that you can equip quivers on 2h bows anyway, the difference is not that substantial. Dual-wield 1h xbows still wield the highest potential though.

Imagine if anyone can wield 2 handed weapons with shields. That's what you get with the situation on 1h xbows.

Gaspode_T

I played through the whole game and I still don't understand something - if my Witch Doctor has a weapon with an effect like "knockback" or % to fear, does it only hit when I am actually hitting with the weapon or does it work when I am tossing firebombs toads etc too?

Totakeke

I played through the whole game and I still don't understand something - if my Witch Doctor has a weapon with an effect like "knockback" or % to fear, does it only hit when I am actually hitting with the weapon or does it work when I am tossing firebombs toads etc too?

Should work on all skills.

Yes because nerfing IAS only for new drops would be great idea and certainly wouldn't lead to unfair advantage to people who got their equip before patch.

I wish people tried to use brain before complaining.

Haha. Damn. I wish some people would use their brain before getting so pissed at a tongue in cheek complaint.

Take our Diablo 3 a little too seriously, do we?

Totakeke

You need 2 of them. It's that simple.

No you don't. You can equip 1h xbow + quiver.

Actually, on further thought, they should be on the same proc scalar as Life on Hit. But generally most skills should activate the knockback/fear etc. proc.

equil

85SsD.png

Best item name? lol

Cipherr

That's pretty great.

Maybe this is common/old, but I fought a monster in act 1 named Zuul a couple days ago. Amused me.

I finally saw Bashiok the other day. Dont think I had ever ran into him since launch. Either that or I did but didnt notice :D

M4ZDF.jpg

Also this is another public service announcement to take Leah and Adria with you when you farm elite packs in Act 2. I know most everyone already knows, but still. Spread the word :D

I finally saw Bashiok the other day. Dont think I had ever ran into him since launch. Either that or I did but didnt notice :D

M4ZDF.jpg

Also this is another public service announcement to take Leah and Adria with you when you farm elite packs in Act 2. I know most everyone already knows, but still. Spread the word :D

I found him early on in a playthrough. Haven't seen him since, especially after getting the weapon you need to hit him with. Didn't have it at the time.

Xanathus

Anybody wanna do the speed run achievement? Bored of farming, gonna start with Act 1. Add me as snip. I'll start in 5 minutes.
edit: closed

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
You should upgrade your weapons asap.

They're not bad. They both have crit dmg and big dex so the 675 dps on them is misleading.

Yeah, the MH has 178 dex so that's pretty significant.

I'm kinda cheap atm though, I don't think I've purchased anything that cost me more than 250k gold.

I wonder if I really need the LoH since I'm running with Shadow Power anyway, though.

This has been a good morning for me in drops, all from Act 1. First I found this spear

spear.jpg

Then an elite pack dropped all these in one drop. The buff to item drops might have saved the game, it actually feels kinda rewarding now. You don't have to spend 10 hours a day to get something decent. At the very least you'll be able to get plenty of ilvl 63 rares just playing a couple hours a day in act 1, which is great.

drops.jpg

Alright GAF, two questions.

First: anyone tried Act 3/4 of inferno as a barb with either 2H or DW? What stats are needed and can anyone suggest a build? I'm getting tired of the swoard and board build I've used for the last weeks.

Second: I need a pricecheck on this plan. AH says 10M, should I try to sell it outside of AH or is that overpriced?

Danj

Away from home, tried logging into D3 on my MBP.

All of my characters are gone. Zero gold. No achievements.

WTF

Sounds like you've been hacked? Do you have an authenticator on your account? Also are you sure you're not accidentally connecting to EU servers instead of NA or something?

glaurung

Sounds like you've been hacked? Do you have an authenticator on your account? Also are you sure you're not accidentally connecting to EU servers instead of NA or something?
Nah, I've had an authenticator attached since day one.

*changes the server settings*

God it sucks being stupid.

Crisis averted.

Pungza

Woo, just had this drop while treasure goblin farming. Such a big upgrade for my off-hand.

Also had a perfect star ruby design drop couple runs ago.

yN3pC.jpg

Price check!

Fdk3J.jpg

Can't find anything at that DPS on the AH. There's a lesser DPS one up for 5mil / 7 mil but no one's biting.

If it only had a socket I may have hit the jackpot...

EDIT: I am finding a somewhat similar item now (vit instead of int) at 803DPS with a 1.5m bid. May start around 2m and end at 10m unless it's actually worth more.
Heh, that's slightly similar to the 1h xbow I found yesterday:

QCzc8.jpg

neoism

You need to know when to buy and sell. Do it in bulk. Make way over a million an hour. Profits are NOT very narrow.

so can I make a decent profit with 2mil.... which is the best gem to buying 100 packs....... so sad I have nearly 1.9 mil and it took me 140 hours... :/ I'm doing it wrong. :/

Rufus

No idea (off-hands are a pain in the ass to search for), but the damage is good. The other stats are OK, too. Magic find never hurts, and the knock back might actually be really useful.

Woo-Fu

Banned

Depends on the skills, some are either bugged or implemented poorly.

Spiders for instance won't proc any of that, only the jar will proc if it hits an enemy. Which is kind of stupid since the best thing about spiders is that you don't have to hit the enemy, can fire behind cover/around corners, etc.

Spiders are also bugged in terms of crit damage. Doesn't matter how much crit damage you stack you still only get the base 50% crit.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Hey GAF, I'm pretty clueless on pricing for mojos. What can I get for this?
QmCfB.jpg

You might actually have some trouble moving that since it doesn't have mana regen. Anything people really want outside of damage and maybe a socket it doesn't have enough of and you can't search for damage.

You might want to try posting a WTS in the witch doctor forum.

eek5

Depends on the skills, some are either bugged or implemented poorly.

Spiders for instance won't proc any of that, only the jar will proc if it hits an enemy. Which is kind of stupid since the best thing about spiders is that you don't have to hit the enemy, can fire behind cover/around corners, etc.

Spiders are also bugged in terms of crit damage. Doesn't matter how much crit damage you stack you still only get the base 50% crit.

The sad part is you can probably file all that stuff under "things that will never get fixed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom