• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RivalCore

it lacks the dex/vit though

The bracer for a poison stacking monk would give him 110 resists which is a pretty huge boost and high crit chance is also great. It's easy to make up the Dex/Vit on other pieces since bracers don't typically roll high Dex and around 1600 is the plateau for stacking Dex anyway.

lololololo this is the item I sniped on the cheap:

q1p2J.png

only question now is do I want lots of gold or do I want a good amount of real money. Dilemmas dilemmas. I wish I knew how much gold was gonna be worth in the rmah once that opens up.

x3r0123

If it's not too much trouble, I would love to see your equipment and stats.

will do but i'm using nat set. I found the ring in one of my runs and i found cheap gold price for the armor and helm. I bought the boots today for 2mil for the disc regen, that thing is too good to pass up

Awesome. My damage is probably near where I need it to be. If I upgrade a few things to have higher dex I could probably hit that. I have no problems in act 2. Nothing one hits me at all, but I havent tried 3 yet.

i can breeze through a1 and a2. With a3&4, i take my time

I'll take the stalwarts hands please!

sure, bt: phantomblade#1510

lololololo this is the item I sniped on the cheap:

http://i.imgur.com/q1p2J.png[IMG]

only question now is do I want lots of gold or do I want a good amount of real money. Dilemmas dilemmas. I wish I knew how much gold was gonna be worth in the rmah once that opens up.[/QUOTE]

lol nice

[quote="neoism, post: 39421612"]I'm sur I'm too late but the 700+ 1 hander...[/QUOTE]

still isnt late. Check my bt above

RivalCore

M3xEl.jpg

Sniped this off the AH about a minute ago for 700k. It was literally at 1d12h, so I panicked and bought it. Fairly confident it was a solid purchase. Using it was as my off-hand with a LoH dagger (for extra ATK speed).

Upgraded from this.

Ve20v.jpg

Woo-Fu

Banned
What the heck does sell to witch doctors. I have no clue what their main attribute is.

There are basically two witch doctor schools once you hit inferno:

The 1st is centered around poison darts, attack speed/crit chance/crit damage, and run speed. Kite everything, shooting for max DPS, max IAS/Crit, and max run speed. They want Int, attack speed/crit chance, crit damage. Variants swap out darts for spiders.

The 2nd is centered around Acid Cloud or Rain of toads and is a tanky build. They want Int, Vit, Resist All, %life, HP Regen, and Armor. Int itself isn't a big priority although I listed it first. These guys are about surviving as long as it takes to whittle the target down so DPS isn't that important. I'm playing this build right now and I can even stand there and tank the enraged DoT if I have to.

Both schools benefit from mana regen on Helms and Ceremonial Daggers, the first school will also want it on offhand Mojo. Both benefit from Life on Hit on anything. Both benefit from Crit chance/crit damage.

Most other witch doctor builds in Inferno are just variations on these two themes.

The top dollar items should be ceremonial knives with max damage, max mana regen, good life on hit, and a socket. A close runner-up would be a helm with max mana regen, high int, high crit chance, high magic find AND a socket.

Oh, one last thing. A Tank Doctor will pay good money for a low block chance shield that a barbarian would ignore. The TD needs the armor a lot more than the barbarian does, so they make good stat sticks. Armor + vit + resist all + %life/HP regen/etc. even with low block is still a really good offhand for a tank doctor. Playing this build getting 850 resist all is trivial, getting 8500 armor to match it feels nigh impossible.

So. Is there any way I'm getting a better bow without spending $150-250 bucks?

g72w8.jpg

I didn't know if I should sacrifice that dex for higher damage. Didn't know how those two stats compare/contrast each other.

roughly 120+ res and 25k hp

And you got through inferno with that low of res? Holy shit.

As a DH glass is the only way to go in act 3/4 unless you go full tank build.

weapon damage provides THE biggest boost to overall dps.

Well then my all resists are good. So should I just be going for as high crit damage and dex I can get in rings?

weapon damage provides THE biggest boost to overall dps.

So, would it be worth it to drop to 100 dex and jump to 1050ish damage? That seems huge in my head to lose 160 dex.

Well then my all resists are good. So should I just be going for as high crit damage and dex I can get in rings?
what you want basically is crit chance and crit damage on as many things as possible when it comes to rings and amulets. On gloves you want high ass dex with high crit chance and crit damage. On bracers you want crit chance and high dex. Basically those 3 stats are your priority on any single piece of gear that supports either of them.

Then you obviously want to use the sharpshooter skill on top of that. But yeah, those 3 stats (or 2 depending on gear) should be on almost anything. As for chests and pants, as many sockets as possible with as much dex as humanely possible. On boots you need movement speed and high dex.

So, would it be worth it to drop to 100 dex and jump to 1050ish damage? That seems huge in my head to lost 160 dex.
yes, yes you should do that. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that will provide a huge boost. Dex should be coming mostly from gear. On a weapon it's just bonus. Higher damage is key.

Ideal weapon is one with crit damage and high damage. Any dex on top would be epic.

yes, yes you should do that. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure that will provide a huge boost. Dex should be coming mostly from gear. On a weapon it's just bonus. Higher damage is key.

Thanks for the tips, greatly appreciated. Two more questions. Any clue what I should hope to have my damage at with sharpshooter to finish up inferno? And any suggestions on how much gold and/or real money I should put that old bow up for, or is it about worthless?

x3r0123

Thanks for the tips, greatly appreciated. Two more questions. Any clue what I should hope to have my damage at with sharpshooter to finish up inferno? And any suggestions on how much gold and/or real money I should put that old bow up for, or is it about worthless?

70k damge with sharpshooter
1k bow with socket should be enough

I honestly can't remember, maybe someone going through it right now can tell you but I think 35-40K pre-sharpshooter would be a doable thing, at least semi-comfortably.

Also no idea about the bow, it does have the trifecta of stats in good damage, super high dex and high crit damage. Best bet is to go into the auction houses and input the 2 numbers and see what's going at your damage range.

But like said above, 1K plus a socket for crit damage should give you an epic boost man.

70k damge with sharpshooter
1k bow with socket should be enough

I honestly can't remember, maybe someone going through it right now can tell you but I think 35-40K pre-sharpshooter would be a doable thing, at least semi-comfortably.

I have all of this down, other than the bow base damage.

At 35k without SS - 85k with SS
Resist at about 500 average

Vitality is a little low at 20k
No clue about critcal chance. I assume a little low. It's at 19.5

I am getting absolutely destroyed in Act 3, even with a good party.

x3r0123

Do you still have the gloves?

EDIT Dang, I missed out.

he hasnt claimed it yet

make good use of vault/ss/traps and my crtic chance is 38%

crit chance is key to the whole build. Gotta get it wayyyy up. On the gloves, on the bracers, on the quiver, on the rings, anywhere you can stuff it. Your crit chance should at least be 30-35, AT LEAST.

Thing I hate most about act 3, all the ranged demons and elites who just run away, over and over.

Honestly, i just dont think act 3 is worth it, even with the drop rate increase. You cant skip nearly as much trash as you can in act 2, and many of the maps are huge with a low density of elites.

LegoDad

Honestly, i just dont think act 3 is worth it, even with the drop rate increase. You cant skip nearly as much trash as you can in act 2, and many of the maps are huge with a low density of elites.

That's how I feel, but I'm trying to solo inferno, I already beat it in a group, so I'm slowly making my way through. Once I beat it solo, I'm going hardcore with a Monk, and will only level up other characters to 60. Think that covers all achievements that way.

Zuly

Ugh. Our group kept getting Belial to 1% of life and he just keeping spamming the ground explosions and there comes a point where we all die. I have 700+ resists, or 1000+ if a buddy Barb does Warcry on and I still die if one of them hits me. I can avoid them up until the end because he does it nonstop. I'll take any suggestion because it's become incredibly frustrating due to the repair costs.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is this worth much of anything?

Screenshot000.jpg

I mean, I know it is worth something, with Int being above 300 and dex being pretty high as well, but without Crit damage, LOH, life steal or anything else like that, it seems like its value may be fairly limited.

LegoDad

Ugh. Our group kept getting Belial to 1% of life and he just keeping spamming the ground explosions and there comes a point where we all die. I have 700+ resists, or 1000+ if a buddy Barb does Warcry on and I still die if one of them hits me. I can avoid them up until the end because he does it nonstop. I'll take any suggestion because it's become incredibly frustrating due to the repair costs.

you guys aren't killing him fast enough, he's enraging.

Realyn

So ... I played Act II till Magdha with this barb:

What I've learned:

-Can't tank any Champ pack without Ignore Pain. My lvl 61 shield sucks ass, but goodluck finding a better one. Just as an example: Right now there are 2 mediocre Stormshields on the AH for 50 mil. 1 mil on ebay costs like 7-8 €(no idea about goldsites .. just checked ebay) .. so yeah, do the math.

-Champion Bees .... LOL. Yeah, my HP is kinda low, but even if I had 20k more ... HOW THE FUCK am I supposed to kill those things if they just have one of tele/shield/fast/extra health ... nah, who am I kidding - every damn affix is annoying.

-Act 1 farming is ... better. Just a bit. A tiny little bit.

-I spend 7 million for nothing. Maybe I can resell my weapon for more ... or get out equal atleast. Hope dies last.

LegoDad

So ... I played Act II till Magdha with this barb:

What I've learned:

-Can't tank any Champ pack without Ignore Pain. My lvl 61 shield sucks ass, but goodluck finding a better one. Just as an example: Right now there are 2 mediocre Stormshields on the AH for 50 mil. 1 mil on ebay costs like 7-8 €(no idea about goldsites .. just checked ebay) .. so yeah, do the math.

-Champion Bees .... LOL. Yeah, my HP is kinda low, but even if I had 20k more ... HOW THE FUCK am I supposed to kill those things if they just have one of tele/shield/fast/extra health ... nah, who am I kidding - every damn affix is annoying.

-Act 1 farming is ... better. Just a bit. A tiny little bit.

-I spend 7 million for nothing. Maybe I can resell my weapon for more ... or get out equal atleast. Hope dies last.

I don't use ignore pain and I do fine. Though I have much more LOH and Life Regen, should look for it on Rings and Amulets, they are decently priced if you can snipe the AH, and can raise it another 600. I also use the Threatening Shout which reduces damage by 20%, and the Falter Rune which slows down their attack speed.

In act 2 my build was ground stomp for the stun w/ Deafening crash for extended stun, about 7 seconds for you to just DPS up, Warcry (Impunity), WotB (Insanity), Revenge (Provoc), Frenzy (Sidearm), Threatening Shout (Falter) w/ Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, and Superstition.

LordCanti

Anyone on NA server mind giving my alt-barb the Zoltun Kule (or Belial, whichever) WP in Nightmare?

Thanks to balddemon for getting me the ZK/Belial WP in Normal yesterday :p

(Future thanks to whoever gets me the Hell ZK/Belial WP in Hell tomorrow. I will never do Blood and Sand again.)

want me to just rush you through nm?

That would be nice of you :D Thanks.

x3r0123

updated list

they are still up for grabs

edit: ring is gone too

Anyone on NA server mind giving my alt-barb the Zoltun Kule (or Belial, whichever) WP in Nightmare?

Thanks to balddemon for getting me the ZK/Belial WP in Normal yesterday :p

(Future thanks to whoever gets me the Hell ZK/Belial WP in Hell tomorrow. I will never do Blood and Sand again.)

want me to just rush you through nm?

Realyn

I don't use ignore pain and I do fine. Though I have much more LOH and Life Regen, should look for it on Rings and Amulets, they are decently priced if you can snipe the AH, and can raise it another 600. I also use the Threatening Shout which reduces damage by 20%, and the Falter Rune which slows down their attack speed.

In act 2 my build was ground stomp for the stun w/ Deafening crash for extended stun, about 7 seconds for you to just DPS up, Warcry (Impunity), WotB (Insanity), Revenge (Provoc), Frenzy (Sidearm), Threatening Shout (Falter) w/ Nerves of Steel, Tough as Nails, and Superstition.

Sorry for not being completly clear ... thought the gold price and stormshields would be enough ;). I'm playing HC.

I've had a LoH weapon before with 800 dps. With that equipped my DPS would drop to 7800. Right now I'm using a 500 LoH/100 int/40 AR/90 lifereg amu and a 90 LoH ring.
Just searched for 200 LoH rings ... there are 3 on the ah. 2,2 and 8 mill .. so meh :x.

I'll post my gear tomorrow I guess. Back to Act 1 farming :eek:.

Edit: If you have some time just check the EU HC AH to get an idea. Gold ratio should be somewhere between 1:3 to 1:4 if you look at the gold prices.

Opiate

So, who is feeling more positive about the game today compared to, say, two weeks ago? Just interested in general opinions on the movement of the game.

Fuck the match making, seriously. Keeps putting me back in the same game over and over. The group is shit and just doing gold runs. I'm trying to actually get a group to finish Act 3.

So, who is feeling more positive about the game today compared to, say, two weeks ago? Just interested in general opinions on the movement of the game.

I just don't think about how dumb it is that you have to use the auction house to get through higher difficulites, and I enjoy it.

Realyn

I had fun fighting Act 1 champs. Some friends of mine just hit 60 and I played some Act I with them ... Nerf gobs some more, buff unqiues. reset the game and I would be happy.

Right now I'm pissed about Act II. So not worth it. :[

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Wow, Izual inferno was easy. Really high hp, but I don't think I was ever below 75% health.

Why is Ghom 100x harder than this? Good job blizzard.

Also seems that walling/shielding/arcane spamming is back. I think they must have rolled back some changes in their code database to rush this hotfix before everyone goes on vacation for the 4th, and decided to live with that rollback.

Better, but the difficulty is still messed up. Act 3 seems significantly more difficult than act 4 right now. I'm about to kill Diablo, only died 3 times in this act, probably 100 in act 3.

I enjoy playing the game like vagrant story with equipment changes per enemy type, but the loot is too random to do this properly. If you want a regen set, sorry but you have to grind for hours or dish out cash to get regen set. Out of say 20 ilvl 63 weapons dropping, not even 1 is good.

There needs to be more limitations in weapon rolls so that it's geared towards a class. Would make the game less frustrating.

Realyn

I'm missing some names, sorry.

-Check Northern Highlands first. Reset game untill the Watch tower is there ... really doesnt take much time and gets you some free champs.
-The area before the Graveyard. 3-4 champs, chance of gob and cave.
-Graveyard. Right one only has 1 champ. Wrong ones allways have 2 + possible event. Chance of gob in everyone.
-The woods thing with the 2 beacons. 6 champs and Gob chance.
-Highlands Crossing. Chance of a champ right at the WP, then move over the bridge. Find the 3-4 champs and the possible gob, then enter moon clan cave.
-Leorics Manor, champ inside at like 80%. Then go outside and kill the champ. Then cross the bridge again and find the 2 champs.
-Northern Highlands. 2 Champs, possible Gob and Watch Tower.
-Then a simple Warden/Butcher run.

can't really say its better or worse. at first i was disappointed, but i've come to accept it for what it is. i've yet to find any amazing drops or even any legendaries, but i still made a few bucks off mediocre gear so i can't complain. have to switch it up with hc mode once in a while to keep my sanity though.

-Graveyard. Right one only has 1 champ. Wrong ones allways have 2 + possible event. Chance of gob in everyone.
its not always 2. its always 1, sometimes being 2. also, the "right" graveyard doesn't always spawn 1, though its not often that there'll be none. its also worth noting that a unique (some skeleton) will sometimes spawn outside of the tombs.

-The woods thing with the 2 beacons. 6 champs and Gob chance.
festering woods? 6 champs? really? are we playing the same game? for me, its usually 1 per tomb + 1 outside for a total of 3. most certainly never had more than 4 spawn.

LordCanti

From the perspective of someone that mainly just plays the AH, it's not bad right now. Maybe after the weekend (and the influx of players/new lvl 63 items thanks to the hotfix) it will tank, but it doesn't seem to have right now. I buy items for 1m or so in the GAH, and flip them for $5-$10 in the RMAH. It's like watching a status bar slowly fill towards this or else a new computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom