• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Opinions on RM prices?

tGuLQ.jpg

ra5nS.jpg

Realyn

its not always 2. its always 1, sometimes being 2. also, the "right" graveyard doesn't always spawn 1, though its not often that there'll be none.

festering woods? 6 champs? really? are we playing the same game? for me, its usually 1 per tomb + 1 outside for a total of 3. most certainly never had more than 4 spawn.

You are right about the graveyard, but it is really rare to not find the 2/2/1 combination.

And Festering woods yes. There are atleast(!) 2 outside. Do you search the whole map? 2 inside, 3-4 outside shouldn't be such a big deal.

So ... I played Act II till Magdha with this barb:

What I've learned:

-Can't tank any Champ pack without Ignore Pain. My lvl 61 shield sucks ass, but goodluck finding a better one. Just as an example: Right now there are 2 mediocre Stormshields on the AH for 50 mil. 1 mil on ebay costs like 7-8 €(no idea about goldsites .. just checked ebay) .. so yeah, do the math.

-Champion Bees .... LOL. Yeah, my HP is kinda low, but even if I had 20k more ... HOW THE FUCK am I supposed to kill those things if they just have one of tele/shield/fast/extra health ... nah, who am I kidding - every damn affix is annoying.

-Act 1 farming is ... better. Just a bit. A tiny little bit.

-I spend 7 million for nothing. Maybe I can resell my weapon for more ... or get out equal atleast. Hope dies last.

You need WAY WAY more dps, your stats otherwise are good. Try to get an additional 200-300 str, and then some crit chance and crit dmg

inky

So, who is feeling more positive about the game today compared to, say, two weeks ago? Just interested in general opinions on the movement of the game.

I am, sort of. Well, it's not like I wasn't having fun before, it's just that after finishing with my barb and having little motivation to level up my alts farming was getting stale. With the upped drop rates I am not even bothering to farm Act 3 with my barb, instead I just spent ~1.5 mill on the AH on some random items, experimented and ended up with this:

no74K.jpg

Game is lots of fun again. Might not look like much to some, but I am rather enjoying the change of pace from my tankish Barb. Tried to sneak whirlwind in there, but it's not working due to minimal LoH.

Rufus

So, who is feeling more positive about the game today compared to, say, two weeks ago? Just interested in general opinions on the movement of the game.
I'm not sure why I keep playing. The lure of the RNG, I guess. I've put more than 200 hours into it, so it's only natural that things would get boring, but I'm not sure if I'm going to even bother finishing Inferno. Pretty sure I could do it right now, but I don't actually care enough unless I can turn it into a cakewalk.

The RMAH makes things really weird as well. On the one hand, I look forward to eventually 'paying off' the game, but on the other I feel a hint of obligation. Why play another game when I could hit the jackpot in Diablo 3 if I farm some more? It's strange.

I've also really come to dislike the fact that you depend on gear for attributes. It seemed nice to not have to worry about screwing up your build, but seeing how you have to depend on the RNG to give you nearly everything you need I'd rather they'd have gone with a very costly re-spec or something.

Rufus

I'm missing some names, sorry.

-Check Northern Highlands first. Reset game untill the Watch tower is there ... really doesnt take much time and gets you some free champs.
-The area before the Graveyard. 3-4 champs, chance of gob and cave.
-Graveyard. Right one only has 1 champ. Wrong ones allways have 2 + possible event. Chance of gob in everyone.
-The woods thing with the 2 beacons. 6 champs and Gob chance.
-Highlands Crossing. Chance of a champ right at the WP, then move over the bridge. Find the 3-4 champs and the possible gob, then enter moon clan cave.
-Leorics Manor, champ inside at like 80%. Then go outside and kill the champ. Then cross the bridge again and find the 2 champs.
-Northern Highlands. 2 Champs, possible Gob and Watch Tower.
-Then a simple Warden/Butcher run.
There's always an elite near (sometimes a little further towards the entrance to the next level, but it's guaranteed) the WP to Cathedral 3, as well.

Realyn

There's always an elite near (sometimes a little further towards the entrance to the next level, but it's guaranteed) the WP to Cathedral 3, as well.

Right, I'm allways doing that one aswell. Really fast one.

You need WAY WAY more dps, your stats otherwise are good. Try to get an additional 200-300 str, and then some crit chance and crit dmg

Once more, I'm playing HC. I'll post my gear later ... so yeah, explain to me how to get crit items lol.

dwebo

I'm enjoying the game more, but I'm also playing significantly less, and I'd be lying if I said the two weren't closely related.

Woo-Fu

Banned

I'm much more positive. The increased drop rates seem to me to signal somebody at Blizzard finally figuring out that sucking out the fun one hotfix at a time in a pointless holding action vs. the forces of botters/exploiters isn't a viable approach.

So I was complaining about never getting shit for myself yesterday, and in less than 12 hours, I get two pieces of the Natalyas set drop and a stormshield with a pretty good roll. Hahaha.

Keeping all of em, except maybe that stupid Natalya 1h xbow. Why couldn't it have been the ring that dropped? :(

sazzy

So I was complaining about never getting shit for myself yesterday, and in less than 12 hours, I get two pieces of the Natalyas set drop and a stormshield with a pretty good roll. Hahaha.

Keeping all of em, except maybe that stupid Natalya 1h xbow. Why couldn't it have been the ring that dropped? :(

Aren;t you thankful!?

Svafnir

Nice work!

Could you explain how you got those numbers though?

Datamining item stat affixes, and cross referencing with the auction house to confirm max values. The only thing it's missing is 2 handed weapons and gems, which I will be updating to include along with maximum totals you can get from legendary items once that patch comes out.

Tom Penny

festering woods? 6 champs? really? are we playing the same game? for me, its usually 1 per tomb + 1 outside for a total of 3. most certainly never had more than 4 spawn.

If you get the event and 2 packs then it's 5 right there which is very possible. 6 on the other hand. I randomly did get 6 packs in watch tower today which was crazy.

Eh, I think it's better balanced now, though I'm a bit peeved at the repair cost change as it means that I haven't been able to progress in Act 3 Inferno. I need more gear, and to upgrade the stuff I currently have, it's going to end up costing a lot as I need pretty much perfect stuff with high dex and all resist at least. I also need a new weapon that's 1000+ DPS with at least a couple good stats and that will cost me over a million.

So I've been pretty much forced into running Act 1. Act 2 I can do, but there's a lot more dangerous/dickish elite combinations due to the base mobs being harder. Elite Naga pretty much anything sucks with the invulnerable teleport. Same goes for elite crocodiles that burrow and become invulnerable for large periods of time. The little guys that run around quickly and have a free mortar also make things pretty bad.

I was playing Act 2 tonight for a bit and it's definitely better than Act 1 for drops, but I can clear Act 1 faster with fewer deaths, so it's kind of a wash.

Was leveling my Wizard and that may be better for farming with the defensive options available when I get her to 60 and decently geared out. Barb and Monk are lagging behind, so easy tank mode is 20+ hours away, and it's sort of tough to decide to do that when I could spend that time farming Inferno already with my DH.

LegoDad

Sorry for not being completly clear ... thought the gold price and stormshields would be enough ;). I'm playing HC.

I've had a LoH weapon before with 800 dps. With that equipped my DPS would drop to 7800. Right now I'm using a 500 LoH/100 int/40 AR/90 lifereg amu and a 90 LoH ring.
Just searched for 200 LoH rings ... there are 3 on the ah. 2,2 and 8 mill .. so meh :x.

I'll post my gear tomorrow I guess. Back to Act 1 farming :eek:.

Edit: If you have some time just check the EU HC AH to get an idea. Gold ratio should be somewhere between 1:3 to 1:4 if you look at the gold prices.

Ah, HC.. yeah, i rolled through act 2 easy peasy with the stats i have now.. If i was HC I would be 1000 all resists, and 15k DPS with 1000 LOH and 500 Life Regen at least. Wouldn't want to lose a character that's gone this far.

sazzy

Datamining item stat affixes, and cross referencing with the auction house to confirm max values. The only thing it's missing is 2 handed weapons and gems, which I will be updating to include along with maximum totals you can get from legendary items once that patch comes out.

Ah ok thanks. I was just curious. Its definitly going to help, although, is there anyway you could determine stat max values corresponding to ilevels 60, 61, 62 and 63?

Or can the max values on ilvl 63 roll on ilvl 60 as well?

Svafnir

Ah ok thanks. I was just curious. Its definitly going to help, although, is there anyway you could determine stat max values corresponding to ilevels 60, 61, 62 and 63?

Or can the max values on ilvl 63 roll on ilvl 60 as well?

Eh, I can do that sometime perhaps. But it would be a bit more work, for example class specific items can only be ilevel 62 and hence the class specific helmets have lower stats. (Also rings/amulets) So those are already shown.

My goal was to have a drop down menu and you could enter item level and it would show the stat range from 1-63... but currently busy just trying to get auction house price working for when commodity's come up and other things. But thanks for the interest, website has been a project for a long time now.

sazzy

Eh, I can do that sometime perhaps. But it would be a bit more work, for example class specific items can only be ilevel 62 and hence the class specific helmets have lower stats. (Also rings/amulets) So those are already shown.

My goal was to have a drop down menu and you could enter item level and it would show the stat range from 1-63... but currently busy just trying to get auction house price working for when commodity's come up and other things. But thanks for the interest, website has been a project for a long time now.

Its great as it is, no rush.

Thanks for posting that again.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Inferno Diablo down. Basically an all resist + regen gear check for a wizard.

Got him on my second attempt. First time my shadow had twisters that somehow gang raped me. So I upped the all resist, switched to this build.

Mimics and ice/slow made it way easier. Allowed me to keep putting hydra next to diablo and evade his attacks.

I have no desire to play the game as other classes in inferno. Act 3/4 were a chore and I pretty much have the best equipment there is.

Some suggestions to blizzard:
1. More content, better story, not nerfs/cheap kills to keep the RMAH going.
2. Your follower should not be attackable until you are after reviving.
3. Potions and gems should auto loot like gold
4. GUI should be updated to have fixed places for potions and gems, and should be re-configurable.
5. After act 1 normal, whites/grey items should never drop. If there's no loot, fine, but don't spam me with shit.
6. Bosses should drop good loot.
7. NV should not reset when changing anything.
8. Changing skills should not take more than 3 seconds to apply. If there's some exploit being mitigated like scripting, that's your problem, not ours.
9. GAH should have some sort of cap on items, like 15M. Gold drop rate should be increased. If there's bots exploiting the gold drop, that's your problem, not ours. Design software to detect it...it's trivial. Someone posted an image with a profile with 100s of M of gold looted with 0 elites killed...software to autoban this should exist.
10. Why is Ghom harder than anything right now for non-barb classes? Diablo was wayyyyy easier. How does this shit go live?
11. Books should be red or some color other than set items.

There's a ton more, but it's too late. The game is going to die soon. I think lots of Blizzard fans are annoyed by inferno and feel it's too focused on the RMAH, whether or not that's true.

redhot_

Fuck Act 3

A Soul Ripper with Molten, Desecrator, Plagued, Jailer. Is this shit even supposed to be possible as a barb.. Fuck!@#$@#

Blizzard can lick me where i stink.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

The game is marginally better than it used to be. Blizzard needs to pick up the pace to introduce improvements that address fundamental flaws with the game.

balddemon

Banned
There are a couple different types. Which one were you thinking of? The one I use takes advantage of tornado sprint, fury battle rage, and whirlwind.

right now i'm just running with leap, war cry, ww, wotb. then frenzy and revenge. dont really know how to keep my fury up except for coming out of ww every once in a while to revenge and frenzy

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
right now i'm just running with leap, war cry, ww, wotb. then frenzy and revenge. dont really know how to keep my fury up except for coming out of ww every once in a while to revenge and frenzy

You can gear up a whirlwind barb for pretty cheap, just get as much crit% aspossible without sacrificing too much defense, and also get life on hit. You can probably do okay with even a 500ish DPS weapon as long as it has a at least 500 life on hit, and some crit damage if possible. In a pinch, you could even stack two 500-ish DPS weapons with 500 life on hit to get a total of 1000, or if you find a good deal, get an offhand weapon that has 700+ life on hit, even though the DPS is low, like 200. The tornadoes from sprint only use the mainhand DPS when calculating damage.

Anyway, the key point of the build is Sprint (run like the wind) and battle rage (into the fray). Sprint makes you fart out tornadoes behind you, and if you get enough tornadoes in a group of mobs, you start to do a lot of damage. Battle rage lets you gain 15 fury every time you crit, so if you crit enough, you will gain more fury than you can spend with sprint. Since you have so much fury, you can also do Whirlwind (hurricane) while you are farting out tornadoes.

You want to aim for at least 35% crit, more is better. You can get crit% from gloves, bracers, helms, rings, and ammys.

If you get to the point where you are generating more fury than you know what to do with, you can also use wrath of the berserker with the thrive on chaos rune so that you have infinite berserker time as long as you got enough mobs to hit.

Inferno Diablo down. Basically an all resist + regen gear check for a wizard.

Got him on my second attempt. First time my shadow had twisters that somehow gang raped me. So I upped the all resist, switched to this build.

Mimics and ice/slow made it way easier. Allowed me to keep putting hydra next to diablo and evade his attacks.

I have no desire to play the game as other classes in inferno. Act 3/4 were a chore and I pretty much have the best equipment there is.

Some suggestions to blizzard:
1. More content, better story, not nerfs/cheap kills to keep the RMAH going.
2. Your follower should not be attackable until you are after reviving.
3. Potions and gems should auto loot like gold
4. GUI should be updated to have fixed places for potions and gems, and should be re-configurable.
5. After act 1 normal, whites/grey items should never drop. If there's no loot, fine, but don't spam me with shit.
6. Bosses should drop good loot.
7. NV should not reset when changing anything.
8. Changing skills should not take more than 3 seconds to apply. If there's some exploit being mitigated like scripting, that's your problem, not ours.
9. GAH should have some sort of cap on items, like 15M. Gold drop rate should be increased. If there's bots exploiting the gold drop, that's your problem, not ours. Design software to detect it...it's trivial. Someone posted an image with a profile with 100s of M of gold looted with 0 elites killed...software to autoban this should exist.
10. Why is Ghom harder than anything right now for non-barb classes? Diablo was wayyyyy easier. How does this shit go live?
11. Books should be red or some color other than set items.

There's a ton more, but it's too late. The game is going to die soon. I think lots of Blizzard fans are annoyed by inferno and feel it's too focused on the RMAH, whether or not that's true.

About half of these suggestions are simply awful.

balddemon

Banned
You can gear up a whirlwind barb for pretty cheap, just get as much crit% aspossible without sacrificing too much defense, and also get life on hit. You can probably do okay with even a 500ish DPS weapon as long as it has a at least 500 life on hit, and some crit damage if possible. In a pinch, you could even stack two 500-ish DPS weapons with 500 life on hit to get a total of 1000, or if you find a good deal, get an offhand weapon that has 700+ life on hit, even though the DPS is low, like 200. The tornadoes from sprint only use the mainhand DPS when calculating damage.

Anyway, the key point of the build is Sprint (run like the wind) and battle rage (into the fray). Sprint makes you fart out tornadoes behind you, and if you get enough tornadoes in a group of mobs, you start to do a lot of damage. Battle rage lets you gain 15 fury every time you crit, so if you crit enough, you will gain more fury than you can spend with sprint. Since you have so much fury, you can also do Whirlwind (hurricane) while you are farting out tornadoes.

You want to aim for at least 35% crit, more is better. You can get crit% from gloves, bracers, helms, rings, and ammys.

If you get to the point where you are generating more fury than you know what to do with, you can also use wrath of the berserker with the thrive on chaos rune so that you have infinite berserker time as long as you got enough mobs to hit.
i guess crit is the missing link....ok thanks. looks like its back to hack n slash for me til i get dat gold

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
About half of these suggestions are simply awful.

Why thank you for your inceptional feedback. Just expressing my opinion.

I also think AH should allow at least 20 items being sold simultaneously, should be cancelable anytime (while honoring any bids), and there should be a 1 week lockout of reselling to destroy item flippers because that's not gaming. Come at me bro.

Darkman M

So ... I played Act II till Magdha with this barb:

What I've learned:

-Can't tank any Champ pack without Ignore Pain. My lvl 61 shield sucks ass, but goodluck finding a better one. Just as an example: Right now there are 2 mediocre Stormshields on the AH for 50 mil. 1 mil on ebay costs like 7-8 €(no idea about goldsites .. just checked ebay) .. so yeah, do the math.

-Champion Bees .... LOL. Yeah, my HP is kinda low, but even if I had 20k more ... HOW THE FUCK am I supposed to kill those things if they just have one of tele/shield/fast/extra health ... nah, who am I kidding - every damn affix is annoying.

-Act 1 farming is ... better. Just a bit. A tiny little bit.

-I spend 7 million for nothing. Maybe I can resell my weapon for more ... or get out equal atleast. Hope dies last.

Your stats look fine to me, you should be able to farm act II easily. One thing that has helped me a bit was to add some offense to my tank build, i have like +360 crit damage and it's paying off big time, i don't use ignore pain.

Edit: nevermind i see your playing HC mode.....

Realyn

Had a friend have the same problem, he disconnected, but his character was still alive during the entire thing on the server side, so he died.. It sucks.

Today on EU? Should add I got the freeze the moment I used Ancient Spear on a Bee ... known bug?

Edit: nevermind i see your playing HC mode.....
ya well, barb dead with 100h and prolly 50 million of gear, fun times.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
i guess crit is the missing link....ok thanks. looks like its back to hack n slash for me til i get dat gold

You can try to search for just crit and nothing else, then test out the build in hell or something. I doubt that it would cost more than 200k.

Here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLVsIrnBtyg&feature=plcp

Gearing well for under a million gold. This is the guy who pioneered the whirlwind build, as far as I know.

Darkman M

Today on EU? Should add I got the freeze the moment I used Ancient Spear on a Bee ... known bug?

ya well, barb dead with 100h and prolly 50 million of gear, fun times.

Wow man i don't see how you guys do it, id be pissed if i put 10 hours on a character and it was all over with after 1 stupid champ pack lol.

TommyT

Anyone familiar with a wiz or wiz helmet like this? Tried searching for the latter two as a combo on the AH and found nothing (edit: Had my DH selected) nvm

Has the rubber banding in the game gotten substantially worse since the 1.03 patch? I've I die at least 3-5x thanks to rubber banding back into acid pools, back inside walls with 5 minions in front of me.

It's just so infuriating when you're already working so hard not to die and you die to bullshit and are forced to pay like 50k for repairs.

eek5

Has the rubber banding in the game gotten substantially worse since the 1.03 patch? I've I die at least 3-5x thanks to rubber banding back into acid pools, back inside walls with 5 minions in front of me.

It's just so infuriating when you're already working so hard not to die and you die to bullshit and are forced to pay like 50k for repairs.

I started noticing it after 1.0.3 but it got worse for me after the hotfix. I thought it was a server reboot thing but it hasn't really gone away. I notice it most on CC mobs like waller/jailer; they'll almost always pull me back like I'm in a vortex after I've gone way past the area where they put their walls. Makes it impossible to engage them because I have no idea where I am on the screen

Got my Enchantress up to 7.6k dps tonight. I know I spend way too much money on her, but it's kind of like a secret goal to see if I can get her to 10k dps, regardless of how much I have to spend to do so. It's getting expensive to find more upgrades for her though, I don't think I can upgrade any of her pieces for less than 10 mil at this point.

I guess I need to save up a $200+ RMAH balance in blizz bucks, or shell out about 30-40 mil for a new weapon to really push her over the edge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom