• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosher

I disagree with Two Handers. I mean, yes, they're cheaper generally speaking but a good 1H + Source will overall be better and for a comparable cost. Especially with how hard it is to search for them. Prices on them vary so much. I just got my WD to 60 and picked up a ~150-350 damage Off-Hand with Mana Regen, Life Regen, INT/VIT for 50k, for instance.

I agree, I use a 1H/source too, but if he just wants to progress in Inferno, 2Her's are nonetheless cheaper. Also 50k for a 150-350 dmg OH?! That is an insanely good deal, not close to the norm I think. For 50k, he could get maybe a 50-200 dmg source.

rCIZZLE

un-id'd items sell pretty well? I guess it's basically just gambling. See if you can get something amazing on the cheap.

ilvl63 weps and ilvl62 jewelry are the most expensive unids and also the most sought after. Hellion Crossbow unid sells for 700k-900k right now and is probably the most expensive. Sacred shields vary greatly based on %block. I think perfect block on an unid is 20% which goes for 600k+ easy.

The rings and amulets with massive dex are really pricey for me. I've been having trouble getting over that hump. I really hate to give up my defensive gear too. I have ~300-350 resists across the board and 25k hp. Trying to balance dps and defense on a limited budget. Ugh

Go for a combination of dex, crit chance, crit damage, and ias on the rings. If you don't have much gold you may have to stick to dex and just one of the others. If you're doing glass cannon don't worry about res and hp. By act 3 it won't really even matter anymore as you'll get 1 or 2 shot by most things unless you make surviving a priority. Just get used to staying full screen from attackers.

scy

I agree, I use a 1H/source too, but if he just wants to progress in Inferno, 2Her's are nonetheless cheaper. Also 50k for a 150-350 dmg OH?! That is an insanely good deal, not close to the norm I think. For 50k, he could get maybe a 50-200 dmg source.

Right, I know it's an amazing deal (plus its for a WD, their prices are all kinds of strange and better damage on their off-hands) but my point still stands: There's good deals to be had. 1H/Source can get you overall better damage than 2H for roughly the same price. The +Damage from the OH is rather significant and the stats you can get do help (e.g., Crit Chance on your off-hand).

I'd honestly suggest away from Two Handers unless you're talking about a really, really good deal. Like 1200+ DPS kind of thing. You can get good 800+ DPS 1H for relatively little these days and a 50-200 Source still adds almost 200 DPS to those typically.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
uqVAH.png

my fucking god, it's on bid for 500 mil.

it's going to go up to 2 billion gold.

Wow, that is one Godly crossbow.

scosher

Right, I know it's an amazing deal (plus its for a WD, their prices are all kinds of strange and better damage on their off-hands) but my point still stands: There's good deals to be had. 1H/Source can get you overall better damage than 2H for roughly the same price. The +Damage from the OH is rather significant and the stats you can get do help (e.g., Crit Chance on your off-hand).

I'd honestly suggest away from Two Handers unless you're talking about a really, really good deal. Like 1200+ DPS kind of thing. You can get good 800+ DPS 1H for relatively little these days and a 50-200 Source still adds almost 200 DPS to those typically.

I haven't really checked 1H and 2H prices lately, so my info is probably outdated. Although I'm going to assume the scale is probably the same -- ie. 1H/source combo still costs twice as much as a comparable 2Her, but when the difference is 100k vs. 50k, it's not that big of a deal to spend the extra gold.

DSmalls84

What stats should you aim for on a 1 hander+orb? I currently only have a dagger with 700ish damage and 149 int, but I have saved up almost 9 mil last weekend to upgrade with once i get my Wiz to 60.

scy

I haven't really checked 1H and 2H prices lately, so my info is probably outdated. Although I'm going to assume the scale is probably the same -- ie. 1H/source combo still costs twice as much as a comparable 2Her, but when the difference is 100k vs. 50k, it's not that big of a deal to spend the extra gold.

Maybe. I just bought my WD a ~750 DPS 1H and that amazing OH for ~550k Gold (was expecting to pay ~1M, and I overpaid on the weapon honestly). The last 2H I bought was shortly after 1.0.3 but before the loot hotfix and that was 1200 DPS/+200 INT/+45% Crit Damage for 2M.

...I guess the point is to just buy whichever has the best deal :x 2H may be easier just since it's only one deal you need and not two.

This!

I can run Inferno pretty much unscathed, except for some dickish elite packs with Vortex and now I feel like I have nothing to gear towards.

But then Inferno 2 will have new loot which means that old Inferno will be outdated and then the complaints will happen again until Inferno 2 gets nerfed.......oh god!

eek5

lolol. act 3 is silly. me and a friend (dont know his gaf name) were playing through. forced to skip 1 pack with plagued and molten on the battlements and then we skipped just about every pack in the keep because it had fire chains, molten, plagued, arcane, nightmarish or some combination + other bullshit. get to ghom and he (a monk) dies nearly instantly. i hold LMB down for 5 minutes and press overpower whenever it cools down and he dies. so easy. that boss is fucking broken.

Based on your story, I'd say overpower procing LoH and reflecting DoT is what's broken lol

scy

scy if you are done with inferno are you trying to get rid of your barb gear?

lol

I still play my Barb. Probably my preferred way to farm right now, honestly.

What stats should you aim for on a 1 hander+orb? I currently only have a dagger with 700ish damage and 149 int, but I have saved up almost 9 mil last weekend to upgrade with once i get my Wiz to 60.

Life Steal or Life on Hit as you prefer for the weapon (or Life Steal% + Socket!). The major stats you want are probably:

Weapon:
Life Steal/Life on Hit, as it suits your build
Crit Damage
Int
+Arcane Power on Crit if it suits your build (high Crit Arcane Orb build, most likely)
+Skill bonus if appropriate (e.g., Energy Twister crit)

Off-hand:
High Damage above all else
Critical Chance
Int
+Skill Bonus if appropriate (e.g., Arcane Orb crit)

For instance, if you're going Healing Blades build, it'd be nice to have a good Life on Hit Weapon with good Crit Damage and +Energy Twister crit to go with your high Crit Chance and +Spectral Blades damage off-hand.

deadnoob

I took all my 2m gold and had some guy on Reddit craft me 20 gloves. I got 2 that were worth more than 100k. I tried selling them each for 2m and 6m on forums and trade channels but no one was biting. I finally just put them up for auction without a BIN and they ended up selling for 6m and 9.8m!

Now I just need to find someone who can turn my 16m gold into more crafted goods.

DSmalls84

I still play my Barb. Probably my preferred way to farm right now, honestly.

Life Steal or Life on Hit as you prefer for the weapon (or Life Steal% + Socket!). The major stats you want are probably:

Weapon:
Life Steal/Life on Hit, as it suits your build
Crit Damage
Int
+Arcane Power on Crit if it suits your build (high Crit Arcane Orb build, most likely)
+Skill bonus if appropriate (e.g., Energy Twister crit)

Off-hand:
High Damage above all else
Critical Chance
Int
+Skill Bonus if appropriate (e.g., Arcane Orb crit)

For instance, if you're going Healing Blades build, it'd be nice to have a good Life on Hit Weapon with good Crit Damage and +Energy Twister crit to go with your high Crit Chance and +Spectral Blades damage off-hand.

Any idea what the current market cost are for good items that fall within these ranges? I would think my 9 mil should be more than enough.

zoukka

Jesus christ people are making money on unidentified items ROFL this games economy is weird as fuck and people are lazy fucks.

eek5

I took all my 2m gold and had some guy on Reddit craft me 20 gloves. I got 2 that were worth more than 100k. I tried selling them each for 2m and 6m on forums and trade channels but no one was biting. I finally just put them up for auction without a BIN and they ended up selling for 6m and 9.8m!

Now I just need to find someone who can turn my 16m gold into more crafted goods.

I can craft 6prop gloves if you're on US eek#1673

Neki

You got lucky, you should probably get out of the market while you can.

Sarcasm

So 27K Hp, around 400 resists, and 16K DPS..I cna't do inferno act 1. Try getting into a public game where people can do it is also almost 0. I just end with a 23K repair bill. I can't get over 200K gold.

Wizard btw. I feel like stop playing cause atm its not fun.

So 27K Hp, around 400 resists, and 16K DPS..I cna't do inferno act 1. Try getting into a public game where people can do it is also almost 0. I just end with a 23K repair bill. I can't get over 200K gold.

Don't play as a wizard, but I know compared to my brother, your res is a bit low. Outside of that, I would try looking on youtube and check out what skills other wizards are using.

RDreamer

Unless you're dragging down your party that much I don't understand how you can't get into a public game where people can do it... Pretty much every Act 1 game you join now is people just steamrolling through everything. Act 2 is like that, too. All it takes is 1 or 2 better geared people who are there for farming (and there usually are), and you can wipe the floor with everything. Even not in those games Act 1 is a joke.

I haven't played a wizard, but your HP and resists should be perfectly fine for Act 1. Your DPS is pretty awful for a wiz, though. You should post your gear so people here can give some tips. If you can't get above 200k, though that's part of the problem. Perhaps you should go back to late Hell and just gather enough gold to pay for repairs and an upgrade or two so you can get solid footing in Act 1 elite/butcher runs.

bs000

Jesus christ people are making money on unidentified items ROFL this games economy is weird as fuck and people are lazy fucks.

I think of it like crafting items. You can't craft i63 items, so buying unid 63s is sort of the same thing. And just like crafting you could get crap or you could get something amazing. After they upped the drop rates the prices on unids have gone down alot too.

uqVAH.png

I want it all over my face!

datamage

Not sure if this has been asked, but...

Aside from higher percentage drops in the later acts, do you get higher quality drops as well? Do the rolls on the stats have a higher likelihood of being better? Or is it the same across the board?

Aside from higher percentage drops in the later acts, do you get higher quality drops as well? Do the rolls on the stats have a higher likelihood of being better? Or is it the same across the board?

I assumed a higher level kind of meant it had higher stats.

EDIT: To be clear, I mean I thought a level 63 item should have higher stats then level 60-62 and you have a higher chance of getting level 63 in act 3&4 then in 1&2.

eek5

no. your'e just as likely to roll shitty stats on your items

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
That would be me. Yeah not sure what happened to Ghom there...my health just went down instantly every time I'm near him and I have 1100 all resist with 40k health...

I think the magic formula for me was:
1000 All resist
8000 armor
2500 life regen
1000 life on hit
Diamond shield spamming

Then he's easy.

Without the life regen/hit I die within 40 seconds no matter how much I try to evade his clouds.

Sarcasm

Oh I wished I got into public games that steam rolled...more like I ge tin ones where the group is the ones being steamrolled.

You got lucky, you should probably get out of the market while you can.

I agree. Deadnoob, you should just get out of that market. It reminds me of gambling... when someone wins a ton of money but instead of stopping they keep going and lose it all. Just get out of it and play the AH and try to snipe stuff, that's much safer and you can get nice rewards. Or deck out one of your characters.

RDreamer

I found out how awesome it is to farm Act 3. I don't think I'm going back to Act 1 or 2 ever.

I've been farming Act 4. I find the enemies are much less annoying (except the elite Incinerators closer to Diablo) and some of the environments are much easier to maneuver than Act 3. I'm a monk and I've got a wizard I usually duo with, and we've got things down pretty well now.

Act 3 and 4 definitely aren't as quick as Act 2, but I really find the number of ilevel 62 and 63 items to be pretty worth it. I just balance things out. If I have a good amount of time I do Act 4. If I just want to quickly blaze through something and try my luck, it's Act 2.

Oh I wished I got into public games that steam rolled...more like I ge tin ones where the group is the ones being steamrolled.
What quests are you doing? Not like that matters I suppose... I dunno, this just isn't what I've experienced since my first character made it to inferno. When my monk got to 60 back nearer when the game came out yeah everyone was getting annihilated, and finding a public game was tough. When my WD made it to 60 I got through Act 1 in a couple hours, really. A good portion of that was based on my own skill and Zombie Bears being rather overpowered still in Act 1, though. My DH had a really easy time though, too, and I wasn't very good with her in Act 1 at all. Now when I join Act 1 games I feel like most people are farming and are at least properly geared for a bit of Act 2, they just want to kill things faster to get items. In public games I'm able to throw on my terrible MF gear with her and still lay waste, because the rest of the group is usually doing well enough.

Now I can even join Act 4 games and the people joining up are usually good enough to roll pretty well (though things get hairy near the Spire level 2, since those Morlu Incinerators are damned insane)

eek5

Just joined a public Act 1 game to test it out. You can definitely run into bad groups. :lol

This was one of the guys in the group:
pgfK0.jpg

:lol

datamage

I assumed a higher level kind of meant it had higher stats.

EDIT: To be clear, I mean I thought a level 63 item should have higher stats then level 60-62 and you have a higher chance of getting level 63 in act 3&4 then in 1&2.

Oh no, I'm aware that an ilvl63 item has the potential of having better stats, was just curious if the same ilvl63 has a higher chance of being better in the later acts.

eek5 said:
no. your'e just as likely to roll shitty stats on your items

Awesome. Thanks.

Radec

Where can I sell unidentified items ?

I got 2 archon armors unidentified. Got bad luck so I won't try to id it. lol

uqVAH.png

Don't even care if it's been quoted already, this thing is beyond ridiculous!

For those that are running Act 3 and Act 4, care to share your routes? Act 1 and 2 routes have been shared a few times, but I haven't seen too many for 3 and 4.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Don't have good enough gear to farm act 3. Do 3 act 2 runs don't get anything I can even sell, much less an upgrade. Go to the auction house, no upgrades for less than 10m/$30.

Kind of makes me not want to play.

RDreamer

For those that are running Act 3 and Act 4, care to share your routes? Act 1 and 2 routes have been shared a few times, but I haven't seen too many for 3 and 4.

If you have a lot of time for Act 4, just start at the 2nd quest, WP to Vestibule of Light and fight one or two elites, then Rakanoth, and continue on from there until Izual and Diablo. Act 4 is pretty short and there really aren't many routes to go. If you're shorter on time you can do what that wizard and I have been duoing lately. We usually start the game at the 2nd to last quest, waypoint to Garden level 2 and fight from there until you get to Izzy and then outside Diablo's door. Now you'll want buffer time for big D himself, since he can sometimes surprise you. So what we do then is WP to Vestibule and continue until we find that first elite group (usually right past that in Garden level 1 or if you have bad luck it's just a bit further into the level). Then we TP back, repair, and hit Diablo with almost all our time left on the NV.

Keep in mind if you do the "shorter" route you're putting yourself right near the end where the elites are a helluva lot tougher. Those Morlu Incinerators are probably the worst enemies in the game hands down. They teleport, slam a meteor on your head and then teleport again before you can get more than 3 hits on 'em. Sometimes you will have to skip them. Also, because of things like those you have to do things cautiously in this area. Skim along the edges and pick off only what comes to you. If you dive head-first into the center of these areas you will die a lot and you risk ruining your run by basically blocking off whole levels. So, go around the edges and kind of double back to create larger paths to lead them down. Make good use of the bridges and pull elites back to those. Sometimes your DPS can sit on the other side of a 2-sided bridge while your tanks can be on the other.

Otherwise starting at the 2nd quest and going on from there until you hit a wall is pretty decent. The garden levels, while not abundant in Elites like some of Act 3 are usually not too hard. The level itself makes it really easy to kite and gives you nice natural circles should you need to move them around and reposition a lot. And, generally speaking, you don't get huge insane groups aggro'd with your elites like the later levels.

Also, just skip the purple bosses altogether and punch any teammate who accidentally clicks one and aggros it during another elite. They don't drop much of anything and they're a waste of time.

Don't have good enough gear to farm act 3. Do 3 act 2 runs don't get anything I can even sell, much less an upgrade. Go to the auction house, no upgrades for less than 10m/$30.

There's no way this is true. If your upgrades are costing that much and you still can't get through Act 3 then you're doing something wrong. Granted, if you're expecting to farm Act 3 and 4 like you can 1 and 2 you're crazy and yeah that takes a lot. Act 3 and 4 take time, but the drops rates are better to compensate. But, really, if your upgrades are costing 10m per piece you should be able to get through Act 3 well enough. I've got things I could probably upgrade for 5 or 6 million that I don't really want to spend that money on, since I'm financing my DH through Act 3 now too (that and I don't actually have 5 or 6 million), and I can farm Act 4.

Yeah. It's pretty shitty that they chose to make the auction house mandatory for completing the game on higher difficulties. I'm sure they'll be making millions off the RMAH though.

I am getting so seriously tired of the european servers crashing/fucking up all the time. AH has been down for 24 hours now and not a peep out of Blizzard on how they are working on the issue.

linsivvi

Just joined a public Act 1 game to test it out. You can definitely run into bad groups. :lol

This was one of the guys in the group:
pgfK0.jpg

:lol

I was in an Act 3 game today and a demon hunter kept dying and complaining how he spent $60 on this game just to die repeatedly, so I checked out his stats and he had 4K hp and 4K dps.

When I asked him about it he made up some lame excuse of his friends giving him this gear for farming. In reality he's probably just a leecher who was dragging our whole group down.

If you're doing this on your own, always start Act 3 at 6.2 "kill the siegebreaker". Take the last way point and grab Tyrael then quickly go back to town. Even nerfed he's still an invincible ally that does damage and distract the enemies. After that I usually just clear the Keep, then move across the battlefield and empty every side dungeon and finish with siegebreaker.

I usually don't do the battlement levels since there are about 5 groups of elites but also lots of junk mobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom