• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Datamining item stat affixes, and cross referencing with the auction house to confirm max values. The only thing it's missing is 2 handed weapons and gems, which I will be updating to include along with maximum totals you can get from legendary items once that patch comes out.

That's great work. I took it and pasted it into excel and did some formatting and printed it off as a handy reference for when I play.

Cheers!

Fularu

Banned
Didn't Kripp do his Barb Inferno clear for ~450k Gold? It's really not that bad with the way prices fell. Granted, Barb is one of the better scaling classes but still.

Doesn't mean squat for someone clearing inferno and learning it for the first time.

Kripp cleared inferno several times on several characters/classes and knows the layouts and mob abilities prety well. He wa also respeccing for prety much every single pack to use the best tools against them, which isn't something most people are willing to do (but I guess that's their fault for wanting to keep the NV stacks up)

Someone going into inferno for the first timenow will never clear it with his budget barb gear. It's a nice "proof of concept" but it fails to address one simple fact, he was prepared for everything he had to face, from strategies to mob/skills abuse to clear it through his vast knowledge (and skills, which isn't something to scoff at).

Woo-Fu

Banned
There's no way this is true. If your upgrades are costing that much and you still can't get through Act 3 then you're doing something wrong. Granted, if you're expecting to farm Act 3 and 4 like you can 1 and 2 you're crazy and yeah that takes a lot. Act 3 and 4 take time, but the drops rates are better to compensate. But, really, if your upgrades are costing 10m per piece you should be able to get through Act 3 well enough. I've got things I could probably upgrade for 5 or 6 million that I don't really want to spend that money on, since I'm financing my DH through Act 3 now too (that and I don't actually have 5 or 6 million), and I can farm Act 4.

I can get through Act 3. I can do parts of Act 4. I can't farm Act 3. I only die in act 2 if I get vortexed onto molten+2 or 3 arcane lasers. I die every other pack in Act 3.

Most of my gear is 80-150 Int, 80-100 Vit, 70+ resist all. Stuff with more int, more vit, more resist all, and more armor is really, really, really expensive.

I've got ~1700 Life on Hit, ~35k HP, ~850 resist all. Single-target DPS is ~15k, multi-target DPS with bears/Acid Cloud is off the charts.

The most obvious pieces of my gear that need upgrade are my rings, which as you should know are also probably the most expensive items in the game after top tier weapons when factoring cost/stat.

RDreamer

Just joined a public Act 1 game to test it out. You can definitely run into bad groups. :lol

This was one of the guys in the group:
pgfK0.jpg

:lol

I was in an Act 3 game today and a demon hunter kept dying and complaining how he spent $60 on this game just to die repeatedly, so I checked out his stats and he had 4K hp and 4K dps.

When I asked him about it he made up some lame excuse of his friends giving him this gear for farming. In reality he's probably just a leecher who was dragging our whole group down.

Wow. I mean I'm not denying you can find some awful people around like that, but usually they die ever 4 seconds for a few minutes and then leave. I'd love to see some of the equipment on people like that. What in the world are they even using, level 40 gear? I'm not even sure how you'd purposefully get 4k hp and 4k dps. On Kripp's budget barb he ended up with like 8k dps, and he wasn't even thinking about dps at all. That seems to be the low end of what you can get. 4k on a DH is insane, too. You'd have to have like no dex and a bow that does like 200 dps or something. At the beginning of nightmare I think I had over that dps and hp with my DH.

I can get through Act 3. I can do parts of Act 4. I can't farm Act 3. I only die in act 2 if I get vortexed onto molten+2 or 3 arcane lasers. I die every other pack in Act 3.

Most of my gear is 80-150 Int, 80-100 Vit, 70+ resist all. Stuff with more int, more vit, more resist all, and more armor is really, really, really expensive.

I've got ~1700 Life on Hit, ~35k HP, ~850 resist all. Single-target DPS is ~15k, multi-target DPS with bears/Acid Cloud is off the charts.

The most obvious pieces of my gear that need upgrade are my rings, which as you should know are also probably the most expensive items in the game after top tier weapons when factoring cost/stat.

Oh... You're a Witch Doctor... I'm sorry.

WDs are broken. It's not you, man, it's the game. I've literally seen 1 WD in my travels through Act 3 and 4. He was in Act 4. He was wearing some odd gear from what I remember, and he died a few times and left. Never seen one since.

I think the problem is that with WDs and especially with bears you need to be pretty close to the fray, and you've only got one good escape/defense tool. DHs and Wiz have a few more, and they don't have to be that close. With most other classes your resists, LOH, and HP would be pretty much insane, but without the melee damage reduction, and without some of the tools the other classes have I'm just not sure what to recommend to you. My own WD got slammed into a wall mid Act 2-ish where I really found that bears stops being as good. I was able to sail through Act 1 easily with it, but after that you just can't be that close to monsters unless you've got a ton of damage mitigation skills. Not just equipment, but skills and passives too, and WDs just don't have them.

Cipherr

Doesn't mean squat for someone clearing inferno and learning it for the first time.

Kripp cleared inferno several times on several characters/classes and knows the layouts and mob abilities prety well. He wa also respeccing for prety much every single pack to use the best tools against them, which isn't something most people are willing to do (but I guess that's their fault for wanting to keep the NV stacks up)

Someone going into inferno for the first timenow will never clear it with his budget barb gear. It's a nice "proof of concept" but it fails to address one simple fact, he was prepared for everything he had to face, from strategies to mob/skills abuse to clear it through his vast knowledge (and skills, which isn't something to scoff at).

Don't be ridiculous. Have you forgotten that the person trying to clear inferno for the first time has already beaten the game 3 times? You must not have judging from this post trying to swipe away the achievement. When you hit Act 4, you arent seeing any new Affixes you havent seen before, no mobs you havent seen before and no abilities you havent seen before except for enrage timers packs that leash. All those mobs are using the same abilities they did in Hell, Nightmare and Normal, they just hit harder in inferno. There is nothing new.

You have every chance and opportunity to know the mobs and their abilities pre-inferno that he does. His demonstration means ALOT. It takes the teeth out of the whining about not being able to progress in Inferno without a billion gold, and its absolutely true, especially for Barbs and Monks. Everyone has an equal chance to learn the mobs and acts the same way he does. Him being a skilled player is a good point, but noone out there cries about themselves not being skilled enough to beat the game, they cry about gear being too expensive and meaning everything. These various low money challenges are proving that its not necessarily the case. It plays a part of course, but its not everything.

These 500k 1m gold challenges are doing exactly what they intended to do, and rather well. Progression and Farming are two different things and should be approached differently.

Eliciel

noob question here, but I'm really desperate right now..

Is there still a goblin in ACT I in the old ruins (Dark Cellar) for some goblin action or did they patch this one out? I can't find him I've been in there for like 100 times..serious

thanks in advance

ohh and btw. is this any good?

hqgwt.jpg

Inferno Diablo down. Basically an all resist + regen gear check for a wizard.

Got him on my second attempt. First time my shadow had twisters that somehow gang raped me. So I upped the all resist, switched to this build.

It doesn't appear that the Cold Blooded passive was doing anything for you. Were you chilling/freezing mobs somehow?

Also, the Cold Blood rune on the site appears to be bugged. It says it reduces the AP cost to 0, but I think it's actually 12 in game.

Fularu

Banned
Don't be ridiculous. Have you forgotten that the person trying to clear inferno for the first time has already beaten the game 3 times? You must not have judging from this post trying to swipe away the achievement. When you hit Act 4, you arent seeing any new Affixes you havent seen before, no mobs you havent seen before and no abilities you havent seen before except for enrage timers packs that leash.

You have every chance and opportunity to know the mobs and their abilities pre-inferno that he does. His demonstration means ALOT. It takes the teeth out of the whining about not being able to progress in Inferno without a billion gold, and its absolutely true, especially for Barbs and Monks. Everyone has an equal chance to learn the mobs and acts the same way he does. Him being a skilled player is a good point, but noone out there cries about themselves not being skilled enough to beat the game, they cry about gear being too expensive and meaning everything. These various low money challenges are proving that its not necessarily the case. It plays a part of course, but its not everything.

These 500k 1m gold challenges are doing exactly what they intended to do, and rather well.
You can bruteforce Normal - HEll without even trying to learn and adapt or developp proper strategies.

Inferno makes you think and work to kill down Elite/champ packs, not because what you see is new but because what you face hurts.

You never had to care about resists, smart play or proper positionning up to (and including hell), I know I didn't have to when I played my barb. Stand in desacration? You die, get vortexed by a group of arcane enchanted mobs? You die. Have it happen anywhere before? lol

You've been playing Inferno too much if you don't remember (and realise) how easy it was to get there and why people were complaining about the difficulty, it *was* (and still is to an extent in Act III/IV) brutal.

Opiate

Don't be ridiculous. Have you forgotten that the person trying to clear inferno for the first time has already beaten the game 3 times? You must not have judging from this post trying to swipe away the achievement. When you hit Act 4, you arent seeing any new Affixes you havent seen before, no mobs you havent seen before and no abilities you havent seen before except for enrage timers packs that leash. All those mobs are using the same abilities they did in Hell, Nightmare and Normal, they just hit harder in inferno. There is nothing new.

These 500k 1m gold challenges are doing exactly what they intended to do, and rather well. Progression and Farming are two different things and should be approached differently.

Not to mention that -- even if you do claim Kripparian has some unfair advantage -- you can always compensate for this by spending more money.

Not billions, necessarily. Someone farming Act III Hell or Act I inferno won't be able to have that. But a couple million? That's easily farmable. In less than a day on average, if you play quite a bit, would be my guess.

So if Kripparian is cheating by simply knowing a lot, then you can compensate for this deficiency by spending 2M gold, which would give you 4x the amount to work with that he had, just in case.

rCIZZLE

Inferno is much easier than it should be. It really shouldn't need to be repeated a thousand times but inferno is the end game. If someone beats the game what are they going to do? Beat it again? Keep farming until they steamroll everything without dying?

Not everybody should be able to clear the hardest difficulty in every game on their first try. Kripp knows nothing that can't be easily found through google.

I've been farming Act 4. I find the enemies are much less annoying (except the elite Incinerators closer to Diablo) and some of the environments are much easier to maneuver than Act 3. I'm a monk and I've got a wizard I usually duo with, and we've got things down pretty well now.

Act 3 and 4 definitely aren't as quick as Act 2, but I really find the number of ilevel 62 and 63 items to be pretty worth it. I just balance things out. If I have a good amount of time I do Act 4. If I just want to quickly blaze through something and try my luck, it's Act 2.
Yep, yep. Alright I'm gonna have to check out Act 4 options more, but after my barb's gears get more situated.

Rufus

He also has a lot more tolerance for five-minute long fights against single elites.

You can also learn a bunch just by seeing him do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iBp0S-rT8

linsivvi

Wow. I mean I'm not denying you can find some awful people around like that, but usually they die ever 4 seconds for a few minutes and then leave. I'd love to see some of the equipment on people like that. What in the world are they even using, level 40 gear? I'm not even sure how you'd purposefully get 4k hp and 4k dps. On Kripp's budget barb he ended up with like 8k dps, and he wasn't even thinking about dps at all. That seems to be the low end of what you can get. 4k on a DH is insane, too. You'd have to have like no dex and a bow that does like 200 dps or something. At the beginning of nightmare I think I had over that dps and hp with my DH.

I don't know how he got to Act 3 in the first place. He probably somehow found some random groups to leech or have friends willing to take him that far. He surely was dying every few seconds and just sit there. The rest of us were all doing fine but after a few packs it just didn't seem right, so I checked his profile out.

scy

Realistically speaking, so should anyone else. Once you get over the initial shock and awe of the output. Which isn't even that bad anyway. The learning curve for Diablo 3 is not that steep. I don't mean to take away from Kripp's accomplishment here but Inferno isn't necessarily that hard.

And, again, that's a 450k budget. Including gem cost. Spend more money if you want. The point is that it doesn't take millions of gold per slot to do it, contrary to what a lot of people think.

Granted, again, it was with a Barb who scales fairly well with equipment (/WotB) but other budget builds have been done. He also did it relatively methodically and had a lot of long engages that most people wouldn't "tolerate" either. But that's the price you pay for, again, a 450k gold budget.

Inferno is much easier than it should be. It really shouldn't need to be repeated a thousand times but inferno is the end game.

The reason it continues to need repeating is because that is exactly the problem. Inferno being the endgame is not a fulfilling endgame.

balddemon

Banned
The reason it continues to need repeating is because that is exactly the problem. Inferno being the endgame is not a fulfilling endgame.

maybe they need Torchlights endless dungeon
or path of exiles "map dungeons" and a higher level cap and better gear
or inferno can just keep getting harder and harder with a higher level cap and better gear

scy

We'll eventually have PvP of everyone hating every class besides their own because of their inherent bullshit :x

These worth anything?
JCvek.jpg

D2DXu.jpg

I just found the top pair a few mins ago and the bottom I've had for a few weeks but never tried to sell because I figured most people don't even search for magic gloves, they filter it out to only rare or legendary.

Prezhulio

Oh... You're a Witch Doctor... I'm sorry.

WDs are broken. It's not you, man, it's the game. I've literally seen 1 WD in my travels through Act 3 and 4. He was in Act 4. He was wearing some odd gear from what I remember, and he died a few times and left. Never seen one since.

I think the problem is that with WDs and especially with bears you need to be pretty close to the fray, and you've only got one good escape/defense tool. DHs and Wiz have a few more, and they don't have to be that close. With most other classes your resists, LOH, and HP would be pretty much insane, but without the melee damage reduction, and without some of the tools the other classes have I'm just not sure what to recommend to you. My own WD got slammed into a wall mid Act 2-ish where I really found that bears stops being as good. I was able to sail through Act 1 easily with it, but after that you just can't be that close to monsters unless you've got a ton of damage mitigation skills. Not just equipment, but skills and passives too, and WDs just don't have them.

sigh, stuff like this makes me really not lookforward to inferno. i'm at act 3 hell and i still really like wd/am able to manage the difficulty, but this isn't the first time i've seen this sentiment tossed around.

maybe i'll go to work on my wizard soon :/

rCIZZLE

Well, that's an entirely different problem. Until expansions, pvp, or any other new content is added, this is all we have. I don't know why people want to hurry through it unless they just want closure so they can move on to some other game.

RDreamer

Yep, yep. Alright I'm gonna have to check out Act 4 options more, but after my barb's gears get more situated.

Oh, cool you're a barb. I've been looking for one that can survive Act 4. If you're interested add me RDreamer#1621. I know a few DPS Wiz and DH that are good for Act 4, but doing more than a duo you really should have a barb and a monk (or a monk and a monk) along with two DPS rather than 3 DPS and just me. Suvivability really helps, especially with those elite Morlu Incinerators near the end.

scy

@WDs - I dunno, I've had some fun stacking Rain of Toads / Phantasm. It'll need a tremendous amount of damage (due to the limited Life Steal%) to really be effective though. Well, RoT is 50%/tick/stack/enemy for Life on Hit so I guess there's that at least.

...of course, I literally just got mine to Inferno and Act 1 is pretty much faceroll status :|

He also has a lot more tolerance for five-minute long fights against single elites.

You can also learn a bunch just by seeing him do it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4iBp0S-rT8

I just noticed the comments. Do people really think he did anything that extraordinary in his actual play? I mean, it all looks pretty much the normal that I'd expect and not anything above and beyond "normal play." Maybe I need to watch more or something rather than just background noise his stream.

maybe they need Torchlights endless dungeon
or path of exiles "map dungeons" and a higher level cap and better gear
or inferno can just keep getting harder and harder with a higher level cap and better gear

They need a PvP ladder (already planned) and a PvE ladder of some kind (no mention by Blizzard of such a thing). Everything else will fall short of being a fulfilling endgame, IMO

scy

They need a PvP ladder (already planned) and a PvE ladder of some kind (no mention by Blizzard of such a thing). Everything else will fall short of being a fulfilling endgame, IMO

I'm really not sure how "other ways to infinitely grind drops" really stretches an end-game, to be honest. I mean, I'd like the random endless dungeon or the PoE maps but it's still the same treadmill.

Then again, I still enjoy random D3 farming so I'm just insane.

RDreamer

@WDs - I dunno, I've had some fun stacking Rain of Toads / Phantasm. It'll need a tremendous amount of damage (due to the limited Life Steal%) to really be effective though. Well, RoT is 50%/tick/stack/enemy for Life on Hit so I guess there's that at least.

...of course, I literally just got mine to Inferno and Act 1 is pretty much faceroll status :|

Inferno Act 1 was literally a joke with VQ and Bears for me. Things just melted. Even when the rest of my group was somewhere else dawdling around I was face rolling things.

Now, I haven't put nearly the time and money into my WD as my Monk or DH, so there definitely should be some possibilities open. But seeing that guy having problems with freaking 1700 LOH and 800+ resists has me pretty much not wanting to even try. Someone else posted his WD gear in here too and said he was having problems and it was pretty close to insane stuff. I mean it's not 10-20 million gold items each or anything, but really great stuff that I'd expect you to clear Act 4 with, and he couldn't.

Oh, cool you're a barb. I've been looking for one that can survive Act 4. If you're interested add me RDreamer#1621. I know a few DPS Wiz and DH that are good for Act 4, but doing more than a duo you really should have a barb and a monk (or a monk and a monk) along with two DPS rather than 3 DPS and just me. Suvivability really helps, especially with those elite Morlu Incinerators near the end.

Ohh kk thanks, I'll let you know!
I don't think I tank quite as well as before, as I slimmed down my barb a little to do more damage. I'll see if I can.

Also I'm lacking LOH and I'm using a crappy 700 dmg weapon currently... sigh I can't afford better.

dwebo

After almost 200hours finally got to see a brown text on the ground.
UyKwU.jpg

FU! you little white creep.

at least it wasn't an instant shard like the (vast) majority of lvl60 legendaries. outside of the low allres, that's not a completely terrible piece

scy

Inferno Act 1 was literally a joke with VQ and Bears for me. Things just melted. Even when the rest of my group was somewhere else dawdling around I was face rolling things.

Yeah, dealing with Act 1 isn't exactly the biggest deal :x I think I need to just figure out what class I really want to spend my time with, I guess. Maybe finally just decide to make my Monk ridiculous!

Now, I haven't put nearly the time and money into my WD as my Monk or DH, so there definitely should be some possibilities open. But seeing that guy having problems with freaking 1700 LOH and 800+ resists has me pretty much not wanting to even try. Someone else posted his WD gear in here too and said he was having problems and it was pretty close to insane stuff. I mean it's not 10-20 million gold items each or anything, but really great stuff that I'd expect you to clear Act 4 with, and he couldn't.

We'll see, I suppose. That's basically why I decided to get my WD to 60. I wanted to experience how "bad" it really is. I mean, I can't imagine that there's some build that's been completely overlooked but you never know, I suppose. I mean, not that many people thought of trying DPS Barb for awhile and it was definitely viable pre-1.0.3. 1.0.3 just made it that much better.

RDreamer

Yeah, dealing with Act 1 isn't exactly the biggest deal :x I think I need to just figure out what class I really want to spend my time with, I guess. Maybe finally just decide to make my Monk ridiculous!

We'll see, I suppose. That's basically why I decided to get my WD to 60. I wanted to experience how "bad" it really is. I mean, I can't imagine that there's some build that's been completely overlooked but you never know, I suppose. I mean, not that many people thought of trying DPS Barb for awhile and it was definitely viable pre-1.0.3. 1.0.3 just made it that much better.

I'd love to really try and delve into WD and find a build that works. In fact that's what I loved doing in Diablo 2 was trying crazy builds and seeing if they worked. The problem is that it's no longer a matter of building up a character anymore. You need a lot of gold to be viable with anything, so if your build fails you're out gold that could have improved all your characters. I'm just not sure how much to spend or where to spend it. I did spend a good amount the other day on him only to realize he was still dying when things looked at him funny.

I'm really not sure how "other ways to infinitely grind drops" really stretches an end-game, to be honest. I mean, I'd like the random endless dungeon or the PoE maps but it's still the same treadmill.

Then again, I still enjoy random D3 farming so I'm just insane.

Competition stretches everything out. That's the reason WoW has gone on for so long, even the PvE aspect. There is a competitive element to the PvE aspect, and that's what pushes people to raid harder and keep pushing forward.

garath

I know, but hey, I ain't complaining.

I wouldn't either :p

Competition stretches everything out. That's the reason WoW has gone on for so long, even the PvE aspect. There is a competitive element to the PvE aspect, and that's what pushes people to raid harder and keep pushing forward.

You hit it on the head. That's why games like DotA, LoL, Call of Duty, Counter Strike, etc have such legs. They're competitive. Hell, the MOBAs for the most part are a single but the competition and the introduction of new champions and the like keep it going.

D3 NEEDS PvP, ladders and anything else to keep it going. It's too short and too easy otherwise.

Quick question:

I have this wand with pretty great stats: 246 Int, 110ish Vit, +10 Max Arcane Power, 2.5% Life Steal; the only problem is the dps is only 679. It was a great buy at like 50k a couple of weeks ago.

How high of a dps weapon do I need to get as each point of Int falls off? I can't afford (or often find) many weapons with 250+ Int, so if I go for a weapon with only 200 Int (or 150 or 100), how much more dps do I need to make up the damage lost in Int?

scy

Let me rephrase that, for the people complaining about "all that's left is farming drops", how exactly does an infinite dungeon or random map drops help any?

Quick question:

I have this wand with pretty great stats: 246 Int, 110ish Vit, +10 Max Arcane Power, 2.5% Life Steal; the only problem is the dps is only 679. It was a great buy at like 50k a couple of weeks ago.

How high of a dps weapon do I need to get as each point of Int falls off? I can't afford (or often find) many weapons with 250+ Int, so if I go for a weapon with only 200 Int (or 150 or 100), how much more dps do I need to make up the damage lost in Int?

Depends on your current INT. Basically you can just assume:

(Current Weapon DPS * (1 + Current INT/100)) = Actual DPS

And then compare that with whatever upgrade you're planning. If you have 1000 INT with that 250 INT weapon, you'd need around a ~710 DPS Weapon with 200 INT to compare, for example.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
It doesn't appear that the Cold Blooded passive was doing anything for you. Were you chilling/freezing mobs somehow?

Also, the Cold Blood rune on the site appears to be bugged. It says it reduces the AP cost to 0, but I think it's actually 12 in game.

Hmmm, I just assumed it worked because Diablo turned snow colored sometimes.

I guess it was really the mimics that did it. I had arcon before, but without normals to kill it times out too fast. Mimics kept the heat off.

I probably could have used a more powerful spell. Wasn't running out of arcane power.

Neki

Let me rephrase that, for the people complaining about "all that's left is farming drops", how exactly does an infinite dungeon or random map drops help any?

Depends on your current INT. Basically you can just assume:

(Current Weapon DPS * (1 + Current INT/100)) = Actual DPS

And then compare that with whatever upgrade you're planning. If you have 1000 INT with that 250 INT weapon, you'd need around a ~710 DPS Weapon with 200 INT to compare, for example.
don't worry, easily accessible item editors will extend the late game, people will competing with PvE/PvP using those perfect items they made! :p

scy

don't worry, easily accessible item editors will extend the late game, people will competing with PvE/PvP using those perfect items they made! :p

brillant!

Edit: Though, I do expect the eventual PvP to help here for Diablo 3. We'll see how that actually pans out though.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Quick question:

There's actually a second problem: No socket.

Really important because there's lots of benefits with wizards using Critical Mass and using critical chance/damage items. You could also put a life on hit on there for certain scenarios.

I think really good wands start at:
750 dps
150+ INT
socket
+ one of the following: Critical damage, life on hit, arcane power, IAS

Don't get me wrong, that wand would be great starting inferno. But that level of equipment seems to be so cheap on the AH at this point that I sigh and vendor/salvage it.

neoism

I fucking loooove this game... O__O

played nightmare on act 3 for the first time in 2 weeks of farming act 1 inferno .... and i get another lengendary.... goood thing its a piece of shit... :/
i1wNCDj6LU7eY.jpg

:(

deadnoob

You got lucky, you should probably get out of the market while you can.

What do you suggest? Selling gold for money? I'm really not feeling the game as much as I once was so I really was just "gambling" my money away.

I might just hang on to the money and come back in a few weeks and gear up to try to make it through A3.

Ahh yea, right. The other issue with Diablo 3 is that the endgame is just a harder version of content people have already cleared. It's not *new content* that they've never cleared. There's a huge difference. When you've already cleared something 3 times, that 4th time almost feels like a "well I've come this far, lemme just wrap this up so I can play a different game". And when you can't clear it, it just pisses you off and gets annoying. Sure, your character is getting stronger, but for what? So you can clear content you've already cleared?

This is another reason why I'm a big proponent of a challenge ladder consisting of a variety of types of single encounters that get progressively harder but are completely separate from the main game / main story. You could have encounters that are similar to raid-style encounters in WoW and things like that. Progression to level N of the ladder is gated by whether or not you've completed level N-1. And the hardest ones can put Inferno to shame, but drop ridiculously good loot. To the point that only a handful of people manage to clear the final challenge during each ladder season.

If this game had a challenge ladder like that, I guarantee you I would be playing this game for 5+ years. As it is now, it's only a matter of time before I stop finding the motivation to log in.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Are you guys farming mostly solo or in a group?

I've tended to group up more often than not, and was wondering what others' experiences are. Act 2 mostly, since I can use the fun barb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom