• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you aren't playing a wizard then? lol.

I actually have 260LoH, 28K health, and about 10K dps with 320 resists, but half of the elite packs I run into just slaughter me without mercy. It's so completely one sided that my only strategy to beat them is to wittle them down between death runs hoping to overcome their speed of healing in between. The gold expenditure on repairs is so huge, I sometimes lose more gold per run than I make. Maybe I'm just bad at playing the game...

If your a glass cannon with only 10k dps you have to be doing something wrong.

zulux21

I finally got something that looks decent enough to at least ask for a price check on here
PKVkJ.png

I'm curious how you guys would price it.

also I am curious what you guys would recommend to do to farm act 2 of inferno aka recommended course. I know a few have been mentioned in the thread, but I can't seem to find them, and they were back when I was to weak to farm act 2.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You are doing something wrong.

I'm comfortably farming inferno act 1 with my sorceress build with equip worth 5-6 milions.

Well you must be geared much better than I am then, because I've bought all of my gear off of the AH for less than 1 million total. Presently I'm not using a single item that I've found myself. I'm betting your dps, resists, and even life and armor are all higher than mine are. You probably also have a high crit rate and run speed too. I don't.

I even tried that crit melee wizard build posted here a few days ago. Had to buy some cheap crit gear just to try it out. I could only afford to get my crit up to like 26%, so the build worked but not so greatly. Still, it's the best build I've found so far for both killing speed and survivability in inferno. But even with that, about three quarters of the elite packs I meet just destroy me. I spend more time running back to my corpse than actually fighting elites.

I'm guessing you aren't playing a wizard then? lol.

I actually have 260LoH, 28K health, and about 10K dps with 320 resists, but half of the elite packs I run into just slaughter me without mercy. It's so completely one sided that my only strategy to beat them is to wittle them down between death runs hoping to overcome their speed of healing in between. The gold expenditure on repairs is so huge, I sometimes lose more gold per run than I make. Maybe I'm just bad at playing the game...

My first weapon for inferno wizard was 950 dps two hander with 250 INT was bought for 200k which gave me 24k dps.

And I'm even not using LoH at all - just life steal which actually works really nicely on Blizzard.

If someone wants here's my idea for cheap wizard build:

Magic missile (guided for escaping goblins)
blizzard ( i use 20 arcane power rune to spam as many as possible)
hydra (venom)
diamond skin (20k rune)
teleport (i use 1 second delay rune to speed up runes but there are better choice for survival)
force armor with prismatic rune

biggest 0,90 attack speeds 2 hander with INT and life steal you can afford

Go for as high INT as possible on armor pieces with a modestly high resist all (30-40 +) and good armor (preferably with +armor or + STR)

My first weapon for inferno wizard was 950 dps two hander with 250 INT was bought for 200k which gave me 24k dps.

And I'm even not using LoH at all - just life steal which actually works really nicely on Blizzard.

If someone wants here's my idea for cheap wizard build:

Magic missile (guided for escaping goblins)
blizzard ( i use 20 arcane power rune to spam as many as possible)
hydra (venom)
diamond skin (20k rune)
teleport (i use 1 second delay rune to speed up runes but there are better choice for survival)
force armor with prismatic rune

biggest 0,90 attack speeds 2 hander with INT and life steal you can afford

Go for as high INT as possible on armor pieces with a modestly high resist all (30-40 +) and good armor (preferably with +armor or + STR)

I bought a two handed polearm for my Enchantress yesterday which i found out she couldnt use with 1000+dps and 200+ int and 75+ vit for 10k

The 2 handed market has bottomed out.

zulux21

Does anyone still pick up blues for essences?

as long as I have a decent amount of money I do, there are times I just sell the blues because I need to cover the repair costs, or when I am in a hurry and don't want to take the time to salvage them.

rCIZZLE

belts.png

Anybody got any idea what these are worth? Did a couple gobs with a buddy and found the first. When I went to AH price check it I saw the second for 1.2m at 1d12h so grabbed it lol. Most of the similar ones have prices all over the place, seem a little worse than mine, and have no bids. :\

scy

And upgrades for me on the AH are all in the millions of gold per item.

I actually have 260LoH, 28K health, and about 10K dps with 320 resists...

I honestly don't know how you're at millions of gold per upgrade per slot and have those stats. I think my Wizard is at the millions of gold per slot and that is at 50k HP, 30k DPS, 600 Resists (7000-ish Armor buffed?).

It's too damn easy now. Same with the rest of inferno. :(

Desperately need that Inferno 2!

balddemon

Banned
Act 3 is a joke. A fucking joke. It basically kills the game for me.

lolol. act 3 is silly. me and a friend (dont know his gaf name) were playing through. forced to skip 1 pack with plagued and molten on the battlements and then we skipped just about every pack in the keep because it had fire chains, molten, plagued, arcane, nightmarish or some combination + other bullshit. get to ghom and he (a monk) dies nearly instantly. i hold LMB down for 5 minutes and press overpower whenever it cools down and he dies. so easy. that boss is fucking broken.

aznpxdd

lolol. act 3 is silly. me and a friend (dont know his gaf name) were playing through. forced to skip 1 pack with plagued and molten on the battlements and then we skipped just about every pack in the keep because it had fire chains, molten, plagued, arcane, nightmarish or some combination + other bullshit. get to ghom and he (a monk) dies nearly instantly. i hold LMB down for 5 minutes and press overpower whenever it cools down and he dies. so easy. that boss is fucking broken.

That would be me. Yeah not sure what happened to Ghom there...my health just went down instantly every time I'm near him and I have 1100 all resist with 40k health...

balddemon

Banned
That would be me. Yeah not sure what happened to Ghom there...my health just went down instantly every time I'm near him and I have 1100 all resist with 40k health...

mine didn't go down too badly, even without a shield. you have 400 more resist than i do but less armor and hp. idk. by the time i could use overpower again i was only down half health.

desecrator and those previously mentioned stupid affixes fucked us both up though :(

Ghom was the only hard boss fight on Inferno for me.

Also, where the fuck is the loot today. Even with my five stack going now, I keep getting only 1 rare per pack and everything is valued less thatn 1000 gold. Blizzard turned off the loot.

garath

I know it's been said but man that transition from Act 1 inferno to Act 2 is rough.

My friend and I co-op quite a bit. Me DH, him Monk. We absolutely wreck Act 1. AFK farming basically. No problems whatsoever. Act 2 is in such a new class. I don't get it. Sure the mobs hit harder but worse than that, they all have millions of hp now. The jump is sooo drastic. My 24k dps isn't going to cut it for us. We just don't do enough dps and those elite packs take sooo long. We can do it, it's just much less efficient than repeatedly farming act 1.

Guess it's time to start dropping some bigger gold amounts on the AH. So far I've been spending no more than 150k on any 1 item. Guess that needs to go up. Too bad I only have 1.3 mil to my name :(

Trickster

So, kungen died on another 60 hc character due to the game crashing, sounds pretty damn annoyed. Some of the people he's playing with doesnt really seem to wanna play anymore d3 either.

rCIZZLE

I know it's been said but man that transition from Act 1 inferno to Act 2 is rough.

My friend and I co-op quite a bit. Me DH, him Monk. We absolutely wreck Act 1. AFK farming basically. No problems whatsoever. Act 2 is in such a new class. I don't get it. Sure the mobs hit harder but worse than that, they all have millions of hp now. The jump is sooo drastic. My 24k dps isn't going to cut it for us. We just don't do enough dps and those elite packs take sooo long. We can do it, it's just much less efficient than repeatedly farming act 1.

Guess it's time to start dropping some bigger gold amounts on the AH. So far I've been spending no more than 150k on any 1 item. Guess that needs to go up. Too bad I only have 1.3 mil to my name :(

Farm and sell unids. Pretty easy gold. Just save up 60+ rings/amulets and the max allowed for other items. (check battle.net... most max at ilvl63 but a good chunk are ilvl62)

If you go full glass cannon which works for most of the game, especially with a tank, you can get your gear pretty cheap. Only expensive piece might be wep... rest is just max dex you can afford.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Well, I have Act 2 on farm, but Act 3 is kicking my ass. I'm still finding shit for drops also. I'm a Witch Doctor...

Just looted my first legendary :

a quiver in normal mode for my level 29 DH (and it's amazing)

2 hours later, same DH, nightmare : another legendary drop : another quiver.

My god, what are the chances ?

Neki

Yeah, you guys have no excuse for not clearing at least Act 1 now, you don't even need a mil to easily clear it now.

i usually like to hoard, but i'm running low on space. so i'm giving away about 10 stacks of subtle essences and 2 stacks of fallen tooths to anyone who will genuinely put them to good use.

Just looted my first legendary :

a quiver in normal mode for my level 29 DH (and it's amazing)

2 hours later, same DH, nightmare : another legendary drop : another quiver.

My god, what are the chances ?
grats! i still haven't found any yet. although i've been in games where other people have found them. makes me kinda sad.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Blegh, I have a tab full of stuff I thought would sell, but they've all individually made an appearance on the AH twice at least - I've dropped the prices so much on them I'm not even sure anymore what is good gear and what isn't.

I used to think a 680dps 1h wand with 180 int and some wiz bonuses was worth at least a couple of hundred K. Doesn't look like it is!

Neki

I'm trying out a new build. Using SS + Scoundrel ability that gives 10% increase damage when you crit

13k damage on top of 133k at 100% crit is so good. :p feel so bursty

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I honestly don't know how you're at millions of gold per upgrade per slot and have those stats. I think my Wizard is at the millions of gold per slot and that is at 50k HP, 30k DPS, 600 Resists (7000-ish Armor buffed?).

Maybe I'm looking for upgrades that are a larger gap upward than I need? I was talking about buyout prices too, not bids. I haven't won any bids on gear yet, but I haven't been checking the AH every day either. Possibly I just have to make it a daily thing for a week or so to scan the AH and bid low on gears and keep after it.

TommyT

So, kungen died on another 60 hc character due to the game crashing, sounds pretty damn annoyed. Some of the people he's playing with doesnt really seem to wanna play anymore d3 either.

Yeah, can't blame him. He leads that little group of players so he if stops then I don't see many of them going as much as they were before.

I'd love to play HC, but I can't justify the time/effort when there's outside factors I can't control which can lead to death of a character.

scosher

Maybe I'm looking for upgrades that are a larger gap upward than I need? I was talking about buyout prices too, not bids. I haven't won any bids on gear yet, but I haven't been checking the AH every day either. Possibly I just have to make it a daily thing for a week or so to scan the AH and bid low on gears and keep after it.

Put in desired stats you want for each armor piece. For wizards starting Inferno, that'll generally be Int/Vit/Res for Shoulders, Chest, Pants. For Helms, you can substitute crit chance instead of Vit or Res, and likewise for gloves. Then set a max buyout of 100k or so. You should be able to find bargain deals that are 30-50k for most of those armor pieces. Spend the rest of your money on the best weapon upgrade you can find (2H are cheaper, look for something at least 1k-1100 dps on 2H). Because of the amount of weapons on the AH, you can usually snipe one on a low bid. My previous 850 DPS 1Her with 100 Int ended up selling for only 150k at min bid. Couldn't even sell it for 350k max buyout, for example.

garath

Farm and sell unids. Pretty easy gold. Just save up 60+ rings/amulets and the max allowed for other items. (check battle.net... most max at ilvl63 but a good chunk are ilvl62)

If you go full glass cannon which works for most of the game, especially with a tank, you can get your gear pretty cheap. Only expensive piece might be wep... rest is just max dex you can afford.

un-id'd items sell pretty well? I guess it's basically just gambling. See if you can get something amazing on the cheap.

The rings and amulets with massive dex are really pricey for me. I've been having trouble getting over that hump. I really hate to give up my defensive gear too. I have ~300-350 resists across the board and 25k hp. Trying to balance dps and defense on a limited budget. Ugh

TommyT

Blegh, I have a tab full of stuff I thought would sell, but they've all individually made an appearance on the AH twice at least - I've dropped the prices so much on them I'm not even sure anymore what is good gear and what isn't.

I used to think a 680dps 1h wand with 180 int and some wiz bonuses was worth at least a couple of hundred K. Doesn't look like it is!

It's not in the slightest, especially now. I know people want to maximize the profit on a item, but the time it takes to research a weapon to get it's max value isn't usually worth it. I price items that seem decent ( for example 80 str, 50 vit, 34 all res ) for something like 12500 17500 and have them sell in an hour or so so that I can just blow through my stash. I'd rather sell 50 items ranging from 7.5k to 17.5k then have them all take up space while 10 other items that, while in their proper price range, need that one person that REALLY wants it to sell for 75k.

just bid on stuff then rebid with what you think its worth/afford and if you win good for you. The closer you do this to the time end the better.

DSmalls84

I have been farmng with my Barb and keeping all the gear that has Int,Vit, and Resist all? Am I on the right track stat wise or do people still glass cannon?

Would also like to see some wizard builds you guys use?

scy

Spend the rest of your money on the best weapon upgrade you can find (2H are cheaper, look for something at least 1k-1100 dps on 2H). Because of the amount of weapons on the AH, you can usually snipe one on a low bid. My previous 850 DPS 1Her with 100 Int ended up selling for only 150k at min bid. Couldn't even sell it for 350k max buyout, for example.

I disagree with Two Handers. I mean, yes, they're cheaper generally speaking but a good 1H + Source will overall be better and for a comparable cost. Especially with how hard it is to search for them. Prices on them vary so much. I just got my WD to 60 and picked up a ~150-350 damage Off-Hand with Mana Regen, Life Regen, INT/VIT for 50k, for instance.

I have been farmng with my Barb and keeping all the gear that has Int,Vit, and Resist all? Am I on the right track stat wise or do people still glass cannon?

Would also like to see some wizard builds you guys use?

VIT isn't a big deal, personally. Wizards don't have anything that returns a percentage of life so you want "enough HP to survive" but not too much more, personally. Armor/Resists are more important and Life Regen helps a lot more than Life on Hit for most Wizard builds (e.g., anything Blizzard/Hydra heavy).

I'd still gear VIT, yeah, but not that big of a deal. Huge HP pools with limited ways to heal it back up really limits the usefulness of that much HP instead of more mitigation.

The new "in" thing is a Crit build. Just like basically everyone else :x INT with Crit Chance/Crit Damage sells well.

eek5

They need to remove iL51-53 items from inferno item pool. Not because I want more high item level stuff but because they have the same icons as the high item level shit and it just exposes how lazy Blizzard was with that shit lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom