• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neki

Just crafted these bad boys:
SP9X5.png

so good.

red731

It actually looks like a good deal, I'm not seeing any 1hbows with ~1k dps and socket going less than 5mil.

I rolled DH and am at lvl 50 now, so I must wait and see what AH got for us@60, but when you've put it that way, then yeah, it may be a good deal.

LordCanti

It actually looks like a good deal, I'm not seeing any 1hbows with ~1k dps and socket going less than 5mil.

None of the ones for that much have bids on them though. That means people aren't really buying them/don't really want them. If anything, he paid full price.

Man, P2 must have been a nightmare with 2 DH's...

The other DH wasn't very good. I'm decent, the monks were great. So we were good enough to carry his weight. He died enough to have his shit broken in the fight and told us not to bring him back for the second half of the fight.

There are so many DH. I wish I had chosen a different character. I had to keep leaving games to find one without a group of DH's to get through Act 3 and 4.

RDreamer

Man those Diablo fights can be exhilarating. I swear they changed things with a lot of the monsters in Act 3 and 4 after the last patch. Diablo was really really easy the other 3 times I beat him, but the last 3 after the patch have been pretty nail biting. I just can't figure out how to dodge his cage thing every time. So I get pulled in without any sort of tell sometimes, and then have to mash serenity. This time there were a few times where I was doing that, mashing serenity, then breath of heaven, and immediately blinding flash to stop his next breath attack. During this kill the shadows killed the wizard with me, and I was trying to revive him with just diablo there, but he wouldn't go the hell away. I was down to no spirit and had used a potion, and he did an attack that hit me to like 20% of my life. Luckily I got him back and then we got back to it.

Pretty decent run, though. I found this:

lJUEz.png

Now, how would you guys sell this thing? Should I put a LOH gem in there to try and get a few LOH searches? Or should I put more crit in there to put it past 100? I'm thinking the crit.

does Demon Hunter need All resis? mine is around 100ish

Yes. Unless you feel like getting reamed by reflect damage all the time and one shotted by a monster just looking at you crooked. Then again someone in this thread beat inferno with like 100-ish resists. I don't really know how, but you can do it. You probably just have to be really really good with smoke screen and vault and stuff.

Ramirez

The other DH wasn't very good. I'm decent, the monks were great. So we were good enough to carry his weight. He died enough to have his shit broken in the fight and told us not to bring him back for the second half of the fight.

There are so many DH. I wish I had chosen a different character. I had to keep leaving games to find one without a group of DH's to get through Act 3 and 4.

DH with no resists is a tough class to play...I know I died my share of times on Diablo Inferno when we downed him. P1 & 3 are easy, but the shadow would just decimate me as soon as my SS wore off, lol.

DH with no resists is a tough class to play...I know I died my share of times on Diablo Inferno when we downed him. P1 & 3 are easy, but the shadow would just decimate me as soon as my SS wore off, lol.

Yeah. Shadow world is the bitch for sure. I think that was the only time I died, went down twice there I think.

zoukka

Never had so many bids on my stuff before.

And the AH explodes.

gg blizzard.

EDIT: Yeaaaaaah one of the items I put there without buyout was sold with the minimum bid...............................................................

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Do the damage reduction skills on the monk stack? For example, the crippling wave rune + conviction rune + the dmg reduction passive.

Does it make a difference in Inferno in party play?

Hmm this could be interesting build
2x 1h crossbow + 30-40% natural crit chance before archery + IAS + that passive which gives a chance for 1 discipline for crit for nearly endless Smoke Screen or Shadow Power :)

inky

I don't know what your gear is like, but my stats were similar. I bought a cheapie 800 LoH and 90% crit damage (370 dps) offhand to keep myself alive with WW. Tornado apparently only takes into account main hand damage.

Kind of a late response. I thought about that, the thing is I am using a Sun Keeper on my main hand (for the passive crit chance + 24 MF) and my sword in my off hand -trying to keep this on a budget. I guess I could do that for Act II where I am having a bit more trouble. Thanks for the tip.

Vodh

How much do 700-800 DPS 1H Blues go for? I picked up a fist and something else in that range the other day. Pretty high DPS for a 1H, no frills though.

Might be wrong if I remembered something incorrectly, but last time I checked, you could easily get a ~820DPS blue 1h for about 50k, so I'm afraid that anything below 800 wouldn't be worth much.

DSmalls84

I finally started leveling a Wizard yesterday after farming up a set of decent gear with my Barb. I mainly saved Armor pieces with Int, Vit, Resist All. Do people still Glass Cannon, or is it good that I saved pieces with damage mitigation?

Also would love to see some builds that you guys use.

alife

^^
Whooot!

My very FIRST good drop after logging 200 hours on my Wizard and ~30 on my new DH. Fuck... now I wonder if I should sell for a cool 100 mil or so and upgrade every slot... or use them myself. O_O. Advice please.

Any advice for a monk trying to progress in Act 2 inferno?

Right now this is my build. I get through act 1 like noting but act 2 is a problem

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aXgYQi!UYX!YbYccY

I have 10k dps, 4,681 armor, 744 resistance without manta (893 with), and 38,706 hp. currently duel wielding fist weapons i get 185 life on hit and 111 life per spirit spent.

Whats going on not enough armor? dps too low? improper build? I thought about getting a shield but my dps is already shit. Time to change up the build?

Watch this.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEoUKqg6SdA
http://i.imgur.com/P4OYh.jpg

ThinFinn

I finally started leveling a Wizard yesterday after farming up a set of decent gear with my Barb. I mainly saved Armor pieces with Int, Vit, Resist All. Do people still Glass Cannon, or is it good that I saved pieces with damage mitigation?

Also would love to see some builds that you guys use.

I have also started a wizard recently and this is the build I'm currently using.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/wizard#blRQOS!YdX!bbbYZZ

Planning to use the force armor rune for energy armor and stark winter rune for blizzard when i hit 54 and prismatic armor rune for energy armor when i have decent gear.

Granted I'm still in hell mode and may need to tweak the build for inferno, but it has served me pretty well so far.

I'm gearing for damage mitigation as well. I believe that the force armor rune and illusionist passive together with teleport complements each other nicely and is enough for defensive aspect of the build.

On a side note, I'm really starting to enjoy the game again, now that I'm leveling this wizard. There is so much to look forward to as you level and progress through the game as opposed to grinding to no end just to better gear to kill things more efficiently.

I did not manage to play diablo 2 like most of you have. Maybe that is why i have different expectations of diablo 3 and fail to see the appeal of grinding for loot.

1-59 is awesome while 60 is ... meh...

balddemon

Banned
anyone in the morning crew wanna farm with me? act 1 or 2 or 3 idc.

edit: dps preferred, but other tanks to take dmg is nice too lol

ThinFinn

^^
Whooot!

My very FIRST good drop after logging 200 hours on my Wizard and ~30 on my new DH. Fuck... now I wonder if I should sell for a cool 100 mil or so and upgrade every slot... or use them myself. O_O. Advice please.

You should just save the hassle of making a decision and give it to me. :)

I kid!
Or am I..

Congrats on finding such a lovely glove!

alife

You should just save the hassle of making a decision and give it to me. :)

I kid!
Or am I..

Congrats on finding such a lovely glove!

=P
ty

Would like to sell but kinda sad that I will most likely never find a drop as good as that lol. Just my luck anyways.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So, I think I'm sort of done with the game.

I'm kind of caught in a catch 22 situation. I'm not geared good enough for Inferno Act I. I mean I can mow through the normal mobs with ease, but every other elite pack just destroys me relentlessly. Because of that I don't earn enough gold playing Inferno to make any decent headway (repair bills). And the item drops I'm getting in inferno are pathetic. I've tried many different builds on my wizard, they all need much better gear to be successful. And the sad thing is I'm in ilevel 60's or better in every slot. And upgrades for me on the AH are all in the millions of gold per item.

Thus, I either need to very slowly farm for gear in Inferno on an undergeared character, or I need to farm gold and buy stuff off the AH.

So I changed gears this weekend and oufitted myself in all Gold Find gear. I'm over 250% now. I then played around with farming both Nightmare and Hell for gold to see which was better. And honestly I get much better gold per hour in Nightmare than I do in Hell. I think it's the killing speed that makes it better, not sure, but once I get a full stack of NV the gold just rakes in.

But STILL, it's only like 250,000 per hour. Sometimes even less.

So now I'm thinking, man, I have to farm gold for like twelve hours in order to buy that 3,000,000 shield that I want. Then another eight hours to buy that new helmet. I'm gonna need to farm gold for 20 hours just to buy that 5,000,000 weapon. And so on, and so on. It's just so much gold to farm...

And that just sounds more like work than fun.

I wish there was a way to progress (realistically) without needing to use the Auction House. It would be nice if the gear needed to progress through Inferno Act I dropped in Hell Act IV. But it doesn't. It just seems like the loot drops are set up terribly wrong. And that takes away SO MUCH of what made Diablo II a fun game to play. It's like the biggest thing that made it the best loot game of all time.

It's like I feel like I should want to play Diablo III, but it's gotten to the point that I almost dread playing it when I boot it up. Something is terribly wrong. In over ten years of Diablo II I never once felt that way about it.

No, I think I'm shelving it for now and playing other games instead. Maybe I'll come back if they ever make some big changes to progression in the game. It just feels like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. :(

Bradach

I'm kind of caught in a catch 22 situation. I'm not geared good enough for Inferno Act I. I mean I can mow through the normal mobs with ease, but every other elite pack just destroys me relentlessly. Because of that I don't earn enough gold playing Inferno to make any decent headway (repair bills). And the item drops I'm getting in inferno are pathetic. I've tried many different builds on my wizard, they all need much better gear to be successful. And the sad thing is I'm in ilevel 60's or better in every slot. And upgrades for me on the AH are all in the millions of gold per item.

Thus, I either need to very slowly farm for gear in Inferno on an undergeared character, or I need to farm gold and buy stuff off the AH.

So I changed gears this weekend and oufitted myself in all Gold Find gear. I'm over 250% now. I then played around with farming both Nightmare and Hell for gold to see which was better. And honestly I get much better gold per hour in Nightmare than I do in Hell. I think it's the killing speed that makes it better, not sure, but once I get a full stack of NV the gold just rakes in.

So now I'm thinking, man, I have to farm gold for like twelve hours in order to buy that 3,000,000 shield that I want. Then another eight hours to buy that new helmet. I'm gonna need to farm gold for 20 hours just to buy that 5,000,000 weapon. And so on, and so on. It's just so much gold to farm...

I wish there was a way to progress (realistically) without needing to use the Auction House. It would be nice if the gear needed to progress through Inferno Act I dropped in Hell Act IV. But it doesn't. It just seems like the loot drops are set up terribly wrong. And that takes away SO MUCH of what made Diablo II a fun game to play. It's like the biggest thing that made it the best loot game of all time.

It's like I feel like I should want to play Diablo III, but it's gotten to the point that I almost dread playing it when I boot it up. Something is terribly wrong. In over ten years of Diablo II I never once felt that way about it.

No, I think I'm shelving it for now and playing other games instead. Maybe I'll come back if they ever make some big changes to progression in the game. It just feels like I'm banging my head against a brick wall. :(

What about co-op-ing inferno with some good barbs or something? Maybe you get the good drops that way?

200-400k can easily get any class enough gear to rape act I 300 resists and 800+ dps weapon (13-15kdps) should be enough if you play smart. I have been running act I in full mf gear with about 280 resists and 250MF with 5 stacks and 550dps 400Loh weapon for a couple days now. Only about 20k health too. I die about 3-5 times if i run into crazy elites. ActI-II gear is cheap as hell now.

Lexxon

I'm running into this myself, but at Act III instead of Act I. As a Monk with One with Everything, I was able to get ~3-500 resists and a decent shield on the cheap to do Act I without too much trouble, and I'm even at the point where only certain packs in Act II give me issues. But Act III is an absolute cockblock, and I don't really know what else to do to make it easier. (Strangely, as my previous post mentioned, I can defeat Ghom, which blocks many people, but I can't progress normally through the act)

I'm trying a goofy solution, since I'm somewhat poor--buying a near 1k DPS fast attack speed weapon with no extras except Attack Speed % to replace my LoH 1.2 attack speed weapon, and making up for the LoH by switching out my decent DPS/resist jewelry to be all LoH. (600 on ammy, 250 + 200 on rings) I've lost about 3-4k DPS so far switching out the jewelry, and have a bid on a 986 DPS fist weapon...it won't make up the +100% crit damage I've lost [makes me frowny face :( ] but it might make me hit hard enough and fast enough to make it worth it. Although honestly I thought I bid on something 1.55+...ack.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
200-400k can easily get any class enough gear to rape act I 300 resists and 800+ dps weapon (13-15kdps) should be enough if you play smart. I have been running act I in full mf gear with about 280 resists and 250MF with 5 stacks and 550dps 400Loh weapon for a couple days now. Only about 20k health too. I die about 3-5 times if i run into crazy elites. ActI-II gear is cheap as hell now.

I'm guessing you aren't playing a wizard then? lol.

I actually have 260LoH, 28K health, and about 10K dps with 320 resists, but half of the elite packs I run into just slaughter me without mercy. It's so completely one sided that my only strategy to beat them is to wittle them down between death runs hoping to overcome their speed of healing in between. The gold expenditure on repairs is so huge, I sometimes lose more gold per run than I make. Maybe I'm just bad at playing the game...

You are doing something wrong.

I'm comfortably farming inferno act 1 with my sorceress build with equip worth 5-6 milions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom