• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you guys farming mostly solo or in a group?

Solo, I'd love to do more group play but this ancient beast of a computer barely chugs lowest everything with all the flashy effects. I also need the ability to pause with a young baby who could wake up from naps at any time.

Yep, that's a big part of it. It's pretty much the same formula as the 10 year old D2:LoD, yet somehow D2 still did it better.

It also had many patches and an expansion. Give it time, Blizzard will make this game last forever as well it's in their best interest.

There's actually a second problem: No socket.

Really important because there's lots of benefits with wizards using Critical Mass and using critical chance/damage items. You could also put a life on hit on there for certain scenarios.

I think really good wands start at:
750 dps
150+ INT
socket
+ one of the following: Critical damage, life on hit, arcane power, IAS

Don't get me wrong, that wand would be great starting inferno. But that level of equipment seems to be so cheap on the AH at this point that I sigh and vendor/salvage it.

scy's posts have converted me to a regen/lifesteal believer over LoH for wizard, though I'm not opposed to having it, as well.

When I look for an upgrade to my wand (and I haven't found an affordable one yet), I'm looking to keep as much Int & Vit as possible, get 3% lifesteal, and any of Crit dmg/Crit chance/LoH/AP/IAS I treat as bonus.

I'll sacrifice some Int if the replacement's dps is high enough to make it worth doing so, and I could afford to lose some Vit, since I have over 40k HP at the moment, but I'm dead set on the 3% lifesteal.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It also had many patches and an expansion. Give it time, Blizzard will make this game last forever as well it's in their best interest.

Sure, it had a lot of patches and an expansion. That's why I used LoD in my original post. I understand the argument, but I don't really think that it is a good excuse. The starting point for Diablo 3 should be LoD, not D2 Vanilla.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Any gaffers want to come on an act 2 farming run sometime? I'm curious to see how my runthrough compares to other players' experiences. Whether or not my bosses/time is a good amount vs the runs that other people go on.

Basically what's gonna happen is I run through and find bosses, then everyone else just ports to me and we kill it. Sometimes you'll be porting into some nasty shit, so if you're gonna insta-die, this run might not be for you.

4-player party would be good.

rCIZZLE

don't worry, easily accessible item editors will extend the late game, people will competing with PvE/PvP using those perfect items they made! :p

And I'll be blocking anybody joining my games with bogus items or stats. ;)

Now if only I could block people using bots in D3... hmm.

scosher

I'm down for playing with more gaffers. I've found my friends list dwindled from 20 people on at peak times to 3. :( I still enjoy loot farming, even though I killed Diablo Inferno the other day, but interest has definitely died down. And most of my friends quit after Act 2 or 3, never having "beat" the game.

Add me at Cebo#1447

Woo-Fu

Banned
Ok, I cleared all 3 levels of keep depths, then killed siegebreaker. Only got one ilvl 63 rare out of that run, and only about 14 rares total. I can fill up a page of stash with rares in half the time, with more ilvl 63 rares, and not die at all in act 2 vs. 4 deaths clearing the keep depths. 3 of those deaths were probably avoidable, lol, but still.

The only thing I have from that run that I can sell? 4 stat exalted doomcaster recipe(45k). BLEH.

Siegebreaker is trivially easy to kill as a tank doctor, I'll give it that. Just stood and tanked him while spamming bears the entire time.

Ok, I cleared all 3 levels of keep depths, then killed siegebreaker. Only got one ilvl 63 rare out of that run, and only about 14 rares total. I can fill up a page of stash with rares in half the time, with more ilvl 63 rares, and not die at all in act 2 vs. 4 deaths clearing the keep depths. 3 of those deaths were probably avoidable, lol, but still.

The only thing I have from that run that I can sell? 4 stat exalted doomcaster recipe. BLEH.

Siegebreaker is trivially easy to kill as a tank doctor, I'll give it that. Just stood and tanked him while spamming bears the entire time.

This is why I only farm act 1 and 2, mainly act 1 because I find it more fun than 2. The speed and ease at which you're killing more than makes up for the lower drop rate. I still get lots of ilvl 63s doing act 1.

1. Get 5 stacks in 10 mins from areas such as Festering Woods, Cemetary, Watch Tower, Leoric's Mansion.

2. Halls of Agony WP, kill Warden, kill Butcher

3. let the ilvl 63s rain down upon thee

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

The only thing I have from that run that I can sell? 4 stat exalted doomcaster recipe(45k). BLEH.

How long did that run take you? How long do your act 2 runs usually take?

Woo-Fu

Banned
How long did that run take you? How long do your act 2 runs usually take?

That took me around an hour I think. My act II runs are about a half hour. Basically it takes twice as long to get one quarter of the loot. I also kill 2-3 times as many elite packs in the act 2 run.

I could probably speed it up a bit by running past most of the trash until I hit elites---like I do in act 2---but there are some trash mobs in act 3 that are still fairly dangerous to me. A mob of swift skull cleavers can kill me pretty quick. I still have to kite packs of those while I can pretty much stand and tank anything else.

TommyT

Are you guys farming mostly solo or in a group?

I've tended to group up more often than not, and was wondering what others' experiences are. Act 2 mostly, since I can use the fun barb.

I farm solo. Things are more predictable when solo and I don't have to worry about someone screwing things up.

This is why I only farm act 1 and 2, mainly act 1 because I find it more fun than 2. The speed and ease at which you're killing more than makes up for the lower drop rate. I still get lots of ilvl 63s doing act 1.

1. Get 5 stacks in 10 mins from areas such as Festering Woods, Cemetary, Watch Tower, Leoric's Mansion.

2. Halls of Agony WP, kill Warden, kill Butcher

3. let the ilvl 63s rain down upon thee

I pretty much do the same, except once I get to Halls 3 I go to Whimsyshire and clear that. Finish it off with a few packs then kill butcher. Rinse and repeat. Though I find that FAR less stressful (to the point where I'm running in 238MF gear), I will still run A3 a few times to break up the monotony :)lol).

Anustart

Started selling gems to see what kind of cash I can make, and since I'm selling in such a large volume I seem to have control over the price.

The price per radiant amethyst droppes down to 150k a piece, which results in a loss. I raised it back up to 180k, going to see if I can get that up to 190 though, otherwise its just not much profit.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Interesting. Anyone wanna do a quick act 2 group farm now? I want to get some feedback on my group farming method. I'd like to believe that this game can work for group play.

Rentahamster#1419

Put your gaf name in the comments.

Zzoram

Ya I think instead of such slow end-game progression, they just need a lot more tiers of progression at a moderate pace.

That took me around an hour I think. My act II runs are about a half hour. Basically it takes twice as long to get one quarter of the loot. I also kill 2-3 times as many elite packs in the act 2 run.

I could probably speed it up a bit by running past most of the trash until I hit elites---like I do in act 2---but there are some trash mobs in act 3 that are still fairly dangerous to me. A mob of swift skull cleavers can kill me pretty quick. I still have to kite packs of those while I can pretty much stand and tank anything else.

How many champs do you kill in half an hour in Act 2? Even when I have sprint on for 80% of my time, walking time alone eats up more than half an hour when I try to do act 2. And I use the waypoints as much as possible instead of walking when it would be faster to TP -> waypoint. Are you only doing a subset of the champs?

Woo-Fu

Banned
How many champs do you kill in half an hour in Act 2? Even when I have sprint on for 80% of my time, walking time alone eats up more than half an hour when I try to do act 2. And I use the waypoints as much as possible instead of walking when it would be faster to TP -> waypoint. Are you only doing a subset of the champs?

I'd guess 13 to 20, it varies.

sewers - 1-2 stack everything, apply bears
cistern - 1-2 stack everything, apply bears
mines - 2-4 stack everything, apply bears
outpost - 0-1 sometimes there is an elite pack just one screen south of the waypoint, and/or the unique landshark. I check for those, do them, leave.
road to alcarnus 1-2 Across the bridge in first area of town, stack them and apply bears.
Vault of the Assassin 6-9 The elites are at the back of each cul-de-sac, just run to each, skipping the trash, then kill the elites.

I typically have VoA as my starting location so I don't have to waste any time finding it.

Most of the act 2 packs go down really quickly to bear spam. Mosquitos and constructs can take a bit longer because they tend to stay out of bear spam range unless they have teleporter/vortex, which means I have to chase them down or just slow burn them with Acid Cloud.

I wish there were 3 levels to Vault of the Assassin, I'd never go anywhere else. :)

Oh, and one other thing. I can do Act 1 wearing ~300 MF the entire time, can do Act 2 swapping MF suit in for final mob in elite pack, have to pretty much stick to my best dps/mitigation gear the entire time while in Act 3. Makes a big difference in the number of rares I have to show at the end of a run.

GJS

Anyone noticed any change in affix damage?

I haven't farmed much since the drop rate hot fix but to me it seems that desecrator is doing more damage. My LoH and resists used to let me stand in desecrator for a good while in act II whilst fighting but now it seems to be draining my health like it did in Act IV.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

I haven't farmed much since the drop rate hot fix but to me it seems that desecrator is doing more damage. My LoH and resists used to let me stand in desecrator for a good while in act II whilst fighting but now it seems to be draining my health like it did in Act IV.

Maybe you just got hit with multiple desecrations/DoTs.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
These worth anything?
JCvek.jpg

D2DXu.jpg

I just found the top pair a few mins ago and the bottom I've had for a few weeks but never tried to sell because I figured most people don't even search for magic gloves, they filter it out to only rare or legendary.

There are probably 100s of extremely similar items on the Auction House for 10k or less.

Magic items are the easiest to search for. There's absolutely no need to do out-of-game price checks for them.

I'd guess 13 to 20, it varies.

sewers - 1-2 stack everything, apply bears
cistern - 1-2 stack everything, apply bears
mines - 2-4 stack everything, apply bears
outpost - 0-1 sometimes there is an elite pack just one screen south of the waypoint, and/or the unique landshark. I check for those, do them, leave.
road to alcarnus 1-2 Across the bridge in first area of town, stack them and apply bears.
Vault of the Assassin 6-9 The elites are at the back of each cul-de-sac, just run to each, skipping the trash, then kill the elites.

I typically have VoA as my starting location so I don't have to waste any time finding it.

Most of the act 2 packs go down really quickly to bear spam. Mosquitos and constructs can take a bit longer because they tend to stay out of bear spam range unless they have teleporter/vortex, which means I have to chase them down or just slow burn them with Acid Cloud.

I wish there were 3 levels to Vault of the Assassin, I'd never go anywhere else. :)

Oh, and one other thing. I can do Act 1 wearing ~300 MF the entire time, can do Act 2 swapping MF suit in for final mob in elite pack, have to pretty much stick to my best dps/mitigation gear the entire time while in Act 3. Makes a big difference in the number of rares I have to show at the end of a run.

Whew you had me worried. I thought you were clearing the entire zone in 30 minutes lol. I usually do about 40-45 but in about 80-90 minutes. So roughly the same efficiency I guess.

There are probably 100s of extremely similar items on the Auction House for 10k or less.

Magic items are the easiest to search for. There's absolutely no need to do out-of-game price checks for them.

I have never, ever seen a blue item that was worth anything except:

a) ilvl 63 weapon
b) amulet with 35% or more MF

Every other blue item I salvage without even checking the stats.

GJS

I guess salvaging ilvl61+ is not worth it any more, you get more gold from the vendor then the AH after transaction fees.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I guess salvaging ilvl61+ is not worth it any more, you get more gold from the vendor then the AH after transaction fees.

Someday crafting might be a worthwhile venture! Save up materials for such a time!

Can we please stop with the price checks? You want to know how much it's worth? Put it up on the AH w/o a buyout price. That's your quickest and easiest option.

If you would also like to see the price checks stop, please do not respond to them. Where do the mods come down on this? It pollutes actual discussion and borders on spam, in my eyes. I'm all for showing off cool loot and sales for multi-bajillion gold items, but who wants to do someone else's homework for them?

Can we please stop with the price checks? You want to know how much it's worth? Put it up on the AH w/o a buyout price. That's your quickest and easiest option.

If you would also like to see the price checks stop, please do not respond to them. Where do the mods come down on this? It pollutes actual discussion and borders on spam, in my eyes. I'm all for showing off cool loot and sales for multi-bajillion gold items, but who wants to do someone else's homework for them?

Yea, I kind of agree. At first it was ok, but now a large portion of every page in the thread is just price checks. It's not that hard to just search the damn AH. Put similar stats in, hit search, sort by buyout price, there you go.

Some people are doing it because they are in game and don't want to log out and lose their 5 stacks. Well, wait till you're done. If you're not sure if the item si good, put it in your stash and check later.

But why are you happy? ;_;

I see no dex and anything, except vitality.

It actually looks like a good deal, I'm not seeing any 1hbows with ~1k dps and socket going less than 5mil.

I rolled DH and am at lvl 50 now, so I must wait and see what AH got for us@60, but when you've put it that way, then yeah, it may be a good deal.

None of the ones for that much have bids on them though. That means people aren't really buying them/don't really want them. If anything, he paid full price.

I thought it was an amazing deal. I'd have paid double what I paid lol. I bought a +10 max disc, sockted 980dps for 10m a few days ago too.

My DH is at a nice point now 50k hp, 52k damage, 45% crit, lowest res is about 320 I think.

Now I feel like shit, thanks guys. That was the first time I posted a PC yet I just tanked all of the hate. I agree, they should stop. I don't even know why I posted it, was lazy and had the pics cutout already.

scy

Now I feel like shit, thanks guys. That was the first time I posted a PC yet I just tanked all of the hate. I agree, they should stop. I don't even know why I posted it, was lazy and had the pics cutout already.

Don't worry, it'll happen again in two or three pages. Thread goes in cycles.

Sorry, you were just in the wrong place at the wrong time, lol. It's been getting progressively worse and worse though, so don't feel like you're the only one. And it'll continue to happen, so us complaining probably doesn't even help anyway.

Artanisix

So I finally swapped to double nado build with 50% crit, 400% crit damage, 500 loh and 6% lifesteal...

it's like...

it's like a dream come true...

RDreamer

Definitely. There's also a thread on the official forums about it. I'm fairly certain they did something, intentional or not. Fire damage from molten and desecrator damage seems to have gone up quite a bit. I was able to stand in desecrator stuff (with a barb warcry) before patch. With the same warcry afterwards I'd die in seconds. Something's definitely off. Im thinking a bug with monster levels cropped up after they messed with item drop levels.

I've been regearing my monk a little bit for act III. I had to increase my DPS for Belial, and now have 19K unbuffed w/ 2.17 APS (Dual Wield).

I was using breath of heaven for the 15% increase in APS. I want to drop that for something else though. I want to be more survivable on the Elite Packs. It's either Deadly Reach > Keen Eye or, Blinding Flash > Searing Light I think.

Do you think the 50% armor increase would be more usefull than an additional "OH Shit Button"? I have 5600 buffed armor now and 750 all resist. I'm already using serenity.

syllogism

Reflect, desecrator, arcane sentry all do damage based on monster dps, so that can vary even within the act

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have never, ever seen a blue item that was worth anything except:

a) ilvl 63 weapon
b) amulet with 35% or more MF

Every other blue item I salvage without even checking the stats.

Blues armor/shields with max magic find averaged 200k last I looked. Not a lot, but better than the vendor will give you.

Price might be dropping because of fear that blizzard is about to hotnerf MF.

RDreamer

I've been regearing my monk a little bit for act III. I had to increase my DPS for Belial, and now have 19K unbuffed w/ 2.17 APS (Dual Wield).

I was using breath of heaven for the 15% increase in APS. I want to drop that for something else though. I want to be more survivable on the Elite Packs. It's either Deadly Reach > Keen Eye or, Blinding Flash > Searing Light I think.

Do you think the 50% armor increase would be more usefull than an additional "OH Shit Button"? I have 5600 buffed armor now and 750 all resist. I'm already using serenity.

Blinding flash is so useful to me. I have it with the faith in the light rune. It provides dps and an oh shit button. Waitin for cool downs or need a breather? Blinding flash. Wanna slow down the mobs you're kiting? Works there. Notice a monster getting interested in your DH or wiz partner? Use it! They'll love you. You can also stop particularly annoying boss attacks. It gives you a metric ton of breathing room in the fight with diablo for instance. And the cool down time is pretty great.

quick question guys. when you are selling stuff on the RMAU do you set a buyout? i figured that would be a way to sell your stuff quicker but the impression i get from here says i should just leave the buyout empty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom