• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
quick question guys. when you are selling stuff on the RMAU do you set a buyout? i figured that would be a way to sell your stuff quicker but the impression i get from here says i should just leave the buyout empty?

I put a buyout on all of my stuff. Although, I've never had a big ticket item that sells for more than ~$5 so I don't really know what's best.

Woo-Fu

Banned
quick question guys. when you are selling stuff on the RMAU do you set a buyout? i figured that would be a way to sell your stuff quicker but the impression i get from here says i should just leave the buyout empty?

For the RMAH, always a buyout.

LordCanti

Make the minimum whatever you could stomach the item going for at the lowest, with no buyout if you're willing to go that way. Otherwise someone is going to come in at the last second and get your item for the minimum bid, and if you've set it too low, you'll take a small hit.

The one $250 item I managed to sell got there through a bidding war. It probably wouldn't have gone for that much otherwise.

For the RMAH, always a buyout.

If you know the market, and the item does fairly high volume, putting a buyout that undercuts everyone else is usually a good tactic. For everything else it seems to be better to let the bidding run its course.

Yesss, finally. Sold an item for 15$ and reached 400$ in total.

Must...not...get...caught up to...

*click click click click*

Congrats

Now I feel like shit, thanks guys. That was the first time I posted a PC yet I just tanked all of the hate. I agree, they should stop. I don't even know why I posted it, was lazy and had the pics cutout already.

Nothing against you or even your post, it's just a trend over the last million posts, and I've just now caught up reading the whole thread.

Lexxon

Blues armor/shields with max magic find averaged 200k last I looked. Not a lot, but better than the vendor will give you.

Price might be dropping because of fear that blizzard is about to hotnerf MF.

I got a shield with max MF and some vitality. Sold for a million. So yeah, keep an eye on these things. Pretty sure my particular item is used to deck out the templar on gold find bots.

7490224396_9c6cd03e82.jpg

Dropped for me earlier.. not sure if it was A2 or A3.

zaxon

Act 2 down with zero AH gear. Kind of anti-climatic how easy the bosses were , but still feels good man.

And I guess Battle.net doesn't like people not using the AHs, since it dropped me the instant I got to Kulle, wiping my five stack, then dropped me again the instant I killed Belial. Sigh.

Blinding flash is so useful to me. I have it with the faith in the light rune. It provides dps and an oh shit button. Waitin for cool downs or need a breather? Blinding flash. Wanna slow down the mobs you're kiting? Works there. Notice a monster getting interested in your DH or wiz partner? Use it! They'll love you. You can also stop particularly annoying boss attacks. It gives you a metric ton of breathing room in the fight with diablo for instance. And the cool down time is pretty great.

Rock on ... I'll try that.

LordCanti

Act 2 down with zero AH gear. Kind of anti-climatic how easy the bosses were , but still feels good man.

And I guess Battle.net doesn't like people not using the AHs, since it dropped me the instant I got to Kulle, wiping my five stack, then dropped me again the instant I killed Belial. Sigh.

I've been dropped twice as well. Servers are probably being hotfixed or something.

Edit: And now massive lag spikes. GG HC players.

Edit 2: Can't create a new auction. ><

Edit 3: Disconnected again. Screw this.

RivalCore

I've been regearing my monk a little bit for act III. I had to increase my DPS for Belial, and now have 19K unbuffed w/ 2.17 APS (Dual Wield).

I was using breath of heaven for the 15% increase in APS. I want to drop that for something else though. I want to be more survivable on the Elite Packs. It's either Deadly Reach > Keen Eye or, Blinding Flash > Searing Light I think.

Do you think the 50% armor increase would be more usefull than an additional "OH Shit Button"? I have 5600 buffed armor now and 750 all resist. I'm already using serenity.

I can't say I've ever noticed the armour buff from using Deadly Reach being really useful. I find the attack too slow and when using LoH it doesn't proc as good as FoT - Thunderclap. Plus it feels SLOW as hell.

Blinding Flash however is my most valuable skill besides Serenity. It's basically a massive DPS increase, great for hit'n'runs, 1.5 sec invulnerability and interrupts every attack (including bosses abilities).

When I was running through Act III, I said fuck it and went out all offensive. Sweeping wind, blinding flash, BoH for extra DPS and MoE with backlash for dodge increase and extra offence. Stacking high defence wasn't getting me anywhere because I was still dying pretty quickly and not dealing enough damage.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
"error creating party"

Guessing servers crashed.

With shit like this, farming act 3 just isn't worth it with my equipment. Takes way too much effort to get to NV5. Going to act 2 or even act 1 when service is back online.

"error creating party"

Guessing servers crashed.

With shit like this, farming act 3 just isn't worth it with my equipment. Takes way too much effort to get to NV5. Going to act 2 or even act 1 when service is back online.

Sounds like me pretty much. can't survive some of those elite packs.

teh_pwn

If it's a hotfix, Blizzard needs to learn how to properly implement staging. With people leaving the game, there should be servers available to do this.

HenryHSH

Fuck this... I'm tired of replaying the diablo fight over and over and over and over... Seriously, it only kicks me out during a boss fight. -_-

teh_pwn

Had five stack, just killed elite, was about to pickup all rares and just kicked...
So Stupid.

"Aren't you grateful?"

The rampant trolling on Blizzard's forums is hilarious.

I didn't buy WoW or SC2...
Think this will be my last Blizzard game.

It's my last day 1 purchase. Blizzard joins Bioware with the "wait 3 months and read user reviews" policy I have.

Zuly

FFFFUUUUUUU blizzard !! last game I bought from you

this thing is crazy. Fix your damn shitty servers !!!!!!!!!!

You know, at this point, I think I might make (if someone hasn't done it yet) a Blizzard/Diablo 3 cycle, much like the Sonic cycle.

I can't say I've ever noticed the armour buff from using Deadly Reach being really useful. I find the attack too slow and when using LoH it doesn't proc as good as FoT - Thunderclap. Plus it feels SLOW as hell.

Blinding Flash however is my most valuable skill besides Serenity. It's basically a massive DPS increase, great for hit'n'runs, 1.5 sec invulnerability and interrupts every attack (including bosses abilities).

When I was running through Act III, I said fuck it and went out all offensive. Sweeping wind, blinding flash, BoH for extra DPS and MoE with backlash for dodge increase and extra offence. Stacking high defence wasn't getting me anywhere because I was still dying pretty quickly and not dealing enough damage.

Currently, I'm using MoE for the armor and dodge buff, FoT > Lighting FLash (more dodge), Sweeping Wind > Blade Storm, Serenity > Ascention, BoH > Blazing Wrath, Lashing Tail Kick > Sweeping Armada.

Passives: Gaudians Path, One with Everything & Seize the Initiative. (I have 75 LpSS on my two weapons and helm.

I'm going to swap out BoH for Blinging flash when I get home.

What were you running DPS wise?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
It amazes me how fucking awful the internet lag is sometimes. You would think Blizzard would know how to handle server lag by now.

DemonNite

so I FINALLY got my first legendary after playing this game on and off since launch. I'm level 57 and all I got was Stone Gauntlets... oh well.

Belgorim

Any demon hunters here care to weigh in what is needed on a quiver? I have played 99% of my time with a barbarian, having a hard time knowing what kinds of quivers to keep.

Found one today with dex, vit, hatred regen, max discipline. Is that good or is it crap somehow since it does not have crit chance or whatever?

Woo-Fu

Banned
It amazes me how fucking awful the internet lag is sometimes. You would think Blizzard would know how to handle server lag by now.

They know how to handle Internet lag.

Where the problem comes from is that they have to balance how much lag is acceptable vs. how much they want to spend on infrastructure. The check for hit on most attacks starting before they swing and ignoring your position when it actually hits makes it pretty clear to me that they're cutting as many corners as possible to save money on the backend.

1.03/1.03b probably cut their backend load by a significant amount but thanks to those "optimizations" we get more rubberbanding than ever before.

dat feel when you're selling a blue and the current bid is 5mil.

Life on hit amulet?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom