• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

MutFox

Banned
Usually the game will say if the server is going to go down...
Wonder what happened.

Still sucks I lost a bunch of rares,
though Blizzard doesn't care about those things anyways.

All that matters to them is people buying the game and using the RMAH.

RDreamer

I have never, ever seen a blue item that was worth anything except:

a) ilvl 63 weapon
b) amulet with 35% or more MF

Every other blue item I salvage without even checking the stats.

I've sold a few blue things for good amounts. Actually I had a few runs where the only eason I was doing alright was because of blues. I just sold 2 MF rings, one with 15 and one with 17 for something like 170k and 300k. I've sold a blue weapon, but that's obvious why. I've sold MF amulets with 30-35 MF for good amounts. I also sold some blue armor with like 160-200 fit (forget how much exactly) and some sockets for like 400k or something. Also I think I found a blue 300+ life on hit amulet that sold for a good amount.

RivalCore

Currently, I'm using MoE for the armor and dodge buff, FoT > Lighting FLash (more dodge), Sweeping Wind > Blade Storm, Serenity > Ascention, BoH > Blazing Wrath, Lashing Tail Kick > Sweeping Armada.

Passives: Gaudians Path, One with Everything & Seize the Initiative. (I have 75 LpSS on my two weapons and helm.

I'm going to swap out BoH for Blinging flash when I get home.

What were you running DPS wise?

Honestly I'd swap Lashing tail kick for blinding flash. It's still pretty useful but blinding flash is a much better skill to bank on, especially when it comes to elites that actively move away from you (of which there are many). Also I'd use the backlash rune on MoE. You get AoE damage when you dodge, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think it triggers LoH as well.

I got through Act III and IV with about 5.5k armour, 750 resists, 40k hp, 1100 LoH and approximately 20k DPS.

Wolfie5

So, I had found these pants a couple of days ago. Decided to sell, But not sure of value.
90 str
90 vit
2 sockets
70 res
46 physical res

How much should I sell?

RDreamer

When I was running through Act III, I said fuck it and went out all offensive. Sweeping wind, blinding flash, BoH for extra DPS and MoE with backlash for dodge increase and extra offence. Stacking high defence wasn't getting me anywhere because I was still dying pretty quickly and not dealing enough damage.

It ain't all out offensive unless you break out Mantra of Conviction > Overawe. That's what the real men do!

I only do that in Act 1 and 2, or when there's another monk running MoE in Act 3 or 4... I'm not a real man all the time :(

So, I had found these pants a couple of days ago. Decided to sell, But not sure of value.
90 str
90 vit
2 sockets
70 res
46 physical res

How much should I sell?

Probably quite a lot. I would throw a str gem and a vit gem in there. Then when you search search for 120 str and 120 fit on pants with 70 res. Try and find ones with phys res (since barbs will pay more for this). If you see something close to those stats but without the sockets, price yours a bit more than that. Sockets are much more valuable than plain stats.

dk_

So what's this thing worth in the RMAH?

2pHmf.jpg

RivalCore

It ain't all out offensive unless you break out Mantra of Conviction > Overawe. That's what the real men do!

I only do that in Act 1 and 2, or when there's another monk running MoE in Act 3 or 4... I'm not a real man all the time :(

That's my current goal for Act III...also while wearing full MF gear. A man can dream...

^ Probably not much because it doesn't have DEX or VIT. Maybe on the US RMAH because people buy absolute crap there.

Seth C

Act 2 down with zero AH gear. Kind of anti-climatic how easy the bosses were , but still feels good man.

And I guess Battle.net doesn't like people not using the AHs, since it dropped me the instant I got to Kulle, wiping my five stack, then dropped me again the instant I killed Belial. Sigh.

I'm envious of you. One day, maybe, I'll be able to clear Act 4 of Hell.

so I FINALLY got my first legendary after playing this game on and off since launch. I'm level 57 and all I got was Stone Gauntlets... oh well.

I've been level 60 for a week or two and I've never seen a legendary. Consider yourself lucky.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I have seen 500+ ping many times, that should not happen in 2012.

Ping issue could be on any hop between you and blizzard, most of which are out of their direct control.

I don't doubt that it has been on their gear, though, most of the time, just saying.

RDreamer

That's my current goal for Act III...also while wearing full MF gear. A man can dream...

Overawe is so insane if you have some good DPS in your party. The first time I went all the way through Act 4 it was me and another monk with 2 Wizards. He was running overawe and I ran the evasion. Our wizards were just cutting through everything like butter. In act 2 you can just smear everything if you have some DH and Wizards in your group. I kind of think monk is the big reason they have to keep the HP bonus on monsters for groups, because the entire group doing 48% more damage is freakishly devastating.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
90 str
90 vit
2 sockets
70 res
46 physical res

How much should I sell?

They are worth quite a lot

I can't afford 100/100/70 pants as a barb

With 2 sockets... Value goes even way higher

LordCanti

"We are currently addressing an issue with the Battle.net service. During this time the Battle.net servers and any online games will be unavailable for play. We are working diligently to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

From a blue post.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Ping issue could be on any hop between you and blizzard, most of which are out of their direct control.

I don't doubt that it has been on their gear, though, most of the time, just saying.

I highly doubt it is the former. I have a good connection, and I don't have issues with ping in any other game I play.

Blizzard's servers are shit, it's pretty obvious.

Woo-Fu

Banned
I highly doubt it is the former. I have a good connection, and I don't have issues with ping in any other game I play.

Unless those games are hosted at the same site as diablo 3 it doesn't really say much. Just do a traceroute and see how many hops it is between you and the diablo 3 servers then realize that any of those hops could drop packets, lag, etc.

The first 4-5 hops on your end are the only ones that will be common to all games you play.

syllogism

Blizzard's servers are shit, it's pretty obvious.
Unless everyone in your region is experiencing the same issue, it's very much a routing issue rather than their servers being shit

"We are currently addressing an issue with the Battle.net service. During this time the Battle.net servers and any online games will be unavailable for play. We are working diligently to resolve the issue as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience."

From a blue post.

Wonder what the issue is. Also wish I had bid on a few auctions earlier, random Monday maintenance sniping. :(

Honestly I'd swap Lashing tail kick for blinding flash. It's still pretty useful but blinding flash is a much better skill to bank on, especially when it comes to elites that actively move away from you (of which there are many). Also I'd use the backlash rune on MoE. You get AoE damage when you dodge, and someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I also think it triggers LoH as well.

I got through Act III and IV with about 5.5k armour, 750 resists, 40k hp, 1100 LoH and approximately 20k DPS.

Wow ... haha. My resists and LOH are pretty much there. DPS is cool too. HP and amror are lower though.

I'm having a hard time imagining life without Lashing Tail kick. Such a good crown control move, especially with the extra knockback and slow.

I feel like I'm the only monk who thinks this way though. (I feel like it's the only things that keeps me alive with fast moving molten enemies.)

My armor would go down to about 4.5K or so though unbuffed without hard target on MoE.

LordCanti

"Maintenance" tonight, probably weekly maintenance tomorrow. Happy Fourth of July week everybody!

Edit: Yep, still maintenance for tomorrow

"We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Tuesday, July 3rd. Maintenance will begin at 5:00 AM PDT and conclude at approximately 11:00 AM PDT. During this time, servers and many web services will be unavailable.

Thank you for your patience."

eek5

He's still getting one crit per second at least, even my DH doesn't average that much critical damage.

Well he is using a skill that attacks ~2 times a second w/ AOE on the third strike and he has 45% crit chance so that sounds about right.

RDreamer

Pretty low resistances for a monk, even my wiz has higher

Yeah, my monk has in the mid 900s for resists. He also has no life coming in from life on hit or regen or anything (unless he puts on his tanking claw, which is insane). I guess you can get away with that when elites last all of a half minute or so...

whirlwind tornado barb build viable pre-60 at all?

i tried matching up some cheap gear to a guide talking about doing it @ 60 .. I guess that I can't do perma-Wrath of the Berserker until 60 ... so I am thinking I should just sword/board until 60 (only 6 levels left) instead of trying to get experience with this while leveling.

eek5

whirlwind tornado barb build viable pre-60 at all?

i tried matching up some cheap gear to a guide talking about doing it @ 60 .. I guess that I can't do perma-Wrath of the Berserker until 60 ... so I am thinking I should just sword/board until 60 (only 6 levels left) instead of trying to get experience with this while leveling.

You can WW for a long time in groups just using the 1 hit = 1 fury rune. If you get a mighty weapon w/ weapon master passive it helps too. Use extra fury on shouts/primary attack and you should have no issue keeping it up. I used WW before double tornado all the way through the end of hell. I'd personally just go DPS until you get to inferno. You won't even have to even need that much resis/armor in Hell anyway.

I miss private channels from the old battle net. Having our own #neogaf channel would make things so much easier and sociable.

Yeah. It's definitely one of the things that needs to be there, even if it's only on an SC2 level of usability/functionality.

I have easily over a dozen people from GAF on my friends list though, so it's not too bad if I want to play with someone. Usually at least a couple people on.

Kinda glad I decided to play Dota 2 in the afternoon today (after a bit of D3 in the morning) if the servers are having issues.

ch0mp

I have never, ever seen a blue item that was worth anything except:

a) ilvl 63 weapon
b) amulet with 35% or more MF

Every other blue item I salvage without even checking the stats.

yeah I sold a blue 25%gf/100 dex gloves pretty much instantly at 250k. They can definitely sell if you have the right stats.

Dahbomb

That build is like 100 million + gold. The items it would take to get to 2000+ dex is crazy.
Not really, I have 1900+ Dex and most of my items I just found from runs.

The problem is the whole package ESPECIALLY the Crit increases, IAS increases, the weapon damage, LOH and All resistances + Lightning resistances. That's what makes it super expensive. 100 million sounds about right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom