• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
So what's this thing worth in the RMAH?

2pHmf.jpg

It's worth a number similar to what you see when you search for other items with similar stats in the RMAH

RDreamer

My crit chance with a shield and crit percentage is pretty much the same except he has like 20000 more HP and 700 more Dex LOL

My monk turned out to be way more defensively centered. I don't really like playing that way that much, but that's about the only way to find I could survive without having a ton of gold. I want to slowly turn it the other way, though, now that I can tank Act 4. It'll cost quite a bit, though, unfortunately :(

Tom Penny

My monk turned out to be way more defensively centered. I don't really like playing that way that much, but that's about the only way to find I could survive without having a ton of gold. I want to slowly turn it the other way, though, now that I can tank Act 4. It'll cost quite a bit, though, unfortunately :(

What is your DPS? We should farm sometime. I still haven't finished inferno BenN1ce#1430

RDreamer

What is your DPS?

17,000 unbuffed. About 19000 buffed. I'm in the middle of deciding which shield to use. One gives me 4000 more life, but puts my damage down to 16,000 unbuffed. The one with the higher damage gives me a higher block amount, though. I could go middle of the road and switch the socket on the lower damage shield to a dex gem and get somewhere in between.

What class are you?

Woo-Fu

Banned
That monk doesn't have any LoH, btw. Pickup radius and health globes FTW, until he runs into a health link pack of elites---which won't drop health globes until they're all dead.

Realyn

Yeah it's a joke I dont even know why I'm farming with my DH.

I miss my barb so bad. Activate Berserk, leftclick champ pack to 30k life, switch to 340% mf, profit from three rares. Now I'm happy if(!) 2 rares drop ... Man fuck it.

Even if the AH is up again(... soon(trademarked!)) - can't buy jack shit because I spend 9 mill before the game froze on my barb. WANT HIM BACK.

That monk doesn't have any LoH, btw. Pickup radius and health globes FTW, until he runs into a health link pack of elites---which won't drop health globes until they're all dead.

I play with a monk that also doesn't use LoH and he's pretty much one of the best tanks I've ever grouped with. Never dies, no matter what the pack of mobs is. He just stacks crit damage and LpSS

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Looks like we are getting some info on proposed magic find changes tomorrow.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6008541109?page=2#30

Should be interesting to read what they have to say about. Cue the extended beta jokes.

Didn't someone ask last year why the beta wasn't more substantial in order to thoroughly test out the gameplay, and they responded with something like "we have the best testers ever don't worry about it lol" or something.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
If we can wear two suits and switch on the fly, ill be happy.

Magic find (on gear) shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. There needs to be gameplay solutions that reward players for skillful play and overcoming challenges, not gameplay that rewards bots or bot-like farming behavior.

syllogism

I don't usually care about AH being down, but does it have to be when I was going to bid snipe a 60+m (maybe 100+m) ring for 11m? I should have just bid on it earlier when AH was up briefly, but there was at least one person bidding on it so I didn't want to drive the price up too early.

maharg

idspispopd
Magic find (on gear) shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. There needs to be gameplay solutions that reward players for skillful play and overcoming challenges, not gameplay that rewards bots or bot-like farming behavior.

Because diablo's always been about the former.

Totakeke

I play with a monk that also doesn't use LoH and he's pretty much one of the best tanks I've ever grouped with. Never dies, no matter what the pack of mobs is. He just stacks crit damage and LpSS

Shh, don't let the secret out.

FoT: Thunderclap is just too OP with Sweeping Wind: Cyclone. I can stay up for much much longer using FoT: Quickening, but Thunderclap is just so much better in terms of both utility and proc/damage. They gotta nerf it!

Anustart

Diablo has always been about farming items. We're all bots anyway when farming.

If you wish to be rewarded for skillful play, duel when it comes out or beat inferno without the ah!

Dahbomb

Beating Inferno without AH isn't about skill either.

GlDbE.jpg

What are these 2 worth round about? I got the one on the right for 50K and the one on the left for 100K.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Because diablo's always been about the former.

Not because of that.

Diablo has always been about farming items. We're all bots anyway when farming.

If you wish to be rewarded for skillful play, duel when it comes out or beat inferno without the ah!

My post doesn't mean that the point of Diablo 3 shouldn't be farming items. Of course it should be. My post was about how the concept of magic find on gear introduces a skewed risk/reward mechanic that makes botting easier. Diablo 1 didn't have magic find.

The history of Diablo 2 and more playtesting on Diabo 3 should have told the devs all they needed to know years ago about the flaws of the magic find mechanic that they are so desperate to fix now, a month after release.

IceMarker

I still think A3/A4 Hell is near perfect difficulty-wise for a level 60 character. It's like being a level 85 in Chaos Sanctuary on DII.

RDreamer

I still think A3/A4 Hell is near perfect difficulty-wise for a level 60 character. It's like being a level 85 in Chaos Sanctuary on DII.

Yeah, so far I like it. It can kick my ass if I'm not careful, but I can survive, and I don't have ridiculous gear. So far it seems to work as they intended where you start out defensive in gear and build and then you can switch over as you get better and better gear. I'm still on the defensive side, though.

Though I do have to admit I still believe something happened with some of the DOT stuff like molten and desecrator after the last patch, and I liked things a bit more before that. Maybe I'm crazy, though.

railGUN

Banned
Will there be level brackets for PvP? Similar to how battlegrounds (used) to work? That would be awesome, making great rolls for lower level gear worth a fortune.

eek5

Though I do have to admit I still believe something happened with some of the DOT stuff like molten and desecrator after the last patch, and I liked things a bit more before that. Maybe I'm crazy, though.

Dude.. the DoT on the construct things that spit fireballs in a2.. WHAT THE FUCK MAN. Did those always tick so high?

oesthatlookright.jpg

Does that look right to you? I don't even take that much damage over time standing on the origin orb of an arcane sentry! The worst part is those things are white enemies and that's their main attack that they can do like once per second :lol

RDreamer

Dude.. the DoT on the construct things that spit fireballs in a2.. WHAT THE FUCK MAN. Did those always tick so high?

No, I'm pretty certain they didn't. There's something fucked up going on, and I'm not the only one to notice it. There was a thread on the official forums, and there were a few others on here that asked something. Act 2 doesn't bother me a ton, because I blatantly overpower it, but yeah I did notice it there, too. It seems like a lot of the fire damage especially got really bad. I think even the fire grates in the keep are worse. We were all getting hammered by those fire grates really badly the day after the patch, but I didn't really put 2 and 2 together until I noticed I was doing the same thing as before and taking more damage. Namely, before patch I did an Act 4 run with a barb, and with his war cry on I could stand in desecrator stuff, not indefinitely but for a good amount of time. After patch I had to get the hell out asap, even with the same barb war cry on. That's when I realized something was up, and then yeah I remembered the fire stuff doing more damage. I noticed it a bit more in Act 4, and then when I went back to roll more Act 2 I noticed those construct fire things were hurting where before I didn't even notice they were doing it anymore.

Wedge7

Yea, I remember even a few weeks back, thinking that I was pretty much invulnerable in Act2, and nothing could kill me besides some super unlucky arcane/molten/descretaor walling in, with leap on cooldown, except for those damn regular white mob things that shot that fireball that literally kills me in like 5 seconds if I stand still. Remember thinking it was a bug or something that their dmg was way out of wack with everything else. At least they never seem to be anywhere else except in the actual Tombs.

Dahbomb

Had to skip a pack of that yesterday, their fire damage is definitely way too high especially when compared to the other elements.

Fire damage is fairly out of whack in this game compared to the other elements.

Totakeke

They always have been abnormally high for me but I've only played melee since 1.03. Elite packs of those fire constructs with nightmarish are the worst elite packs in A2.

oesthatlookright.jpg

Does that look right to you? I don't even take that much damage over time standing on the origin orb of an arcane sentry! The worst part is those things are white enemies and that's their main attack that they can do like once per second :lol
I thought this he other day too. I was getting whacked by an elite pack that had no business whacking me. Turned out it was a construct blasting me from the end of the screen. I felt like molten became my worst enemy too.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
I don't get this MF hoopla.

Am I the only asshole that spent extra gold for gear that was good in addition to MF?

My DPS is 48k buffed (wiz) and my MF is at 214.

I had to trade off resists and even DPS, but I don't pull any gear switching shenanigans. I just have a feeling that I'll be screwed somehow come tomorrow.

Oh well, that's what I get for playing by the rules.

Sigmaah

best way to boost someones character? little bro got his own d3 and now I'm trying to help him level fast cause he's 60 wiz was on my account.

I did the same thing. My DH was primarily geared to have good DPS but also has 98% MF without any stacks. My 60 buys were focused on IAS and MF. If BOTH get nerfed, I'll be pretty annoyed.

scosher

I don't get this MF hoopla.

Am I the only asshole that spent extra gold for gear that was good in addition to MF?

My DPS is 48k buffed (wiz) and my MF is at 214.

I had to trade off resists and even DPS, but I don't pull any gear switching shenanigans. I just have a feeling that I'll be screwed somehow come tomorrow.

Oh well, that's what I get for playing by the rules.

What's happening tomorrow?

Also, if anyone's up for group farming Act 2 or 3 (or even 1), add me: Cebo#1447. Farming solo, even if it's the best gains, gets dull after so many runs.

Bashiok said:
Our hope is to keep all the good stuff about it (extra MF) while cutting out all the bad stuff (losing storage, and the labor of swapping gear)
First thing I thought of that would make it painless would be to retroactively give every piece of gear some level of MF, but I doubt that'll happen.

What's happening tomorrow?

Also, if anyone's up for group farming Act 2 or 3 (or even 1), add me: Cebo#1447. Farming solo, even if it's the best gains, gets dull after so many runs.

Theres going to be a blog post listing a few ways in which they're thinking about addressing the gear swapping at the last second for magic find thing. I'm struggling to see a way they can do that without upsetting either side of the debate but it should be interesting.

kennah

Guys, I am having SO MUCH FUN leveling a barb using socketed weapons and +exp items :) I go up a level every 10 minutes or so.

Tom Penny

I think crossbows are my meal ticket. Sold one for 10 mil gold the other day. This one is decent because of the socket and dex right?

IOhQi.jpg

Zuly

Am I crazy for wanting to stick with wands/staves on my Wiz? I know melee weapons are cheaper but fuck, I want to stay true to spellcasters.

balddemon

Banned
so i found an ilvl 62 amulet

114 dex/212 vit/50 arcane/350ish armor

i was excited at first but now i'm kind of meh

good templar/scoundrel ammy i guess. good for monk stacking arcane?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom