• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scosher

Theres going to be a blog post listing a few ways in which they're thinking about addressing the gear swapping at the last second for magic find thing. I'm struggling to see a way they can do that without upsetting either side of the debate but it should be interesting.

Ah, yeah I remember reading about that. It's actually the reason I've been looking to buy good MF progression gear as I think those pieces (ie. ones with primary stat/vit/res AND MF) will go for a premium later.

Tom Penny

I play with a monk that also doesn't use LoH and he's pretty much one of the best tanks I've ever grouped with. Never dies, no matter what the pack of mobs is. He just stacks crit damage and LpSS

Isn't their a limit to life per spirt spent? Monks have trancendence which is 62 lpss. You can stack it on everything? I might try that on a few pieces to see how it goes. What is the limit?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Isn't their a limit to life per spirt spent? Monks have trancendence which is 62 lpss. You can stack it on everything? I might try that on a few pieces to see how it goes. What is the limit?
Like 60 per 1h, dual wield those, get recharge skills. Get a nice hat with 20-30 on it.

so i found an ilvl 62 amulet

114 dex/212 vit/50 arcane/350ish armor

i was excited at first but now i'm kind of meh

good templar/scoundrel ammy i guess. good for monk stacking arcane?

Thats so bad you shouldn't even reintroduce it into the system. Send it to me so I may dispose of properly. I'm properly licensed I swear.

Rakanoth is an asshole with his insta-hit garbage.

He was even harder before 1.03, They slowed down the animation and his teleport. Before it was insanely hard. To do it I had to run from one side of the room to the other with all sound off except for effects so I could hear his tele noise. Was ridiculous to solo as a ranged class.

Dahbomb

He was even harder before 1.03, They slowed down the animation and his teleport. Before it was insanely hard. To do it I had to run from one side of the room to the other with all sound off except for effects so I could hear his tele noise. Was ridiculous to solo as a ranged class.
This times x1000. I am pretty sure I complained about his bull shit instant teleport attack before. I finally trained myself to react to his feet animation but even then lag would kill me because it was hard to SS fast enough (sometimes he does the other move because I read it wrong). Now it's fairly telegraphed.

Tom Penny

Like 60 per 1h, dual wield those, get recharge skills. Get a nice hat with 20-30 on it.

Might try one weapon and and a helm since my weapon is like 100% crit. I just saw a video that said one thunderclap rune gives you 15 spirit on critical hit. It all makes sense now if your running cyclone and overawe :)

Might try one weapon and and a helm since my weapon is like 100% crit. I just saw a video that said one thunderclap rune gives you 15 spirit on critical hit. It all makes sense now if your running cyclone and overawe :)

Is cyclone the thing that knocks enemies back a few yards and sends little tornadoes in front of you? Because it seems like he just constantly spams that. Dont know much about monk though

AOD.jpg

AMULET OF DESTRUCTION!!!!

Zzoram

Guys, I am having SO MUCH FUN leveling a barb using socketed weapons and +exp items :) I go up a level every 10 minutes or so.

I know the feeling!

Ruby in helm, Amethysts in weapons and you're power leveling while invincible all through Normal and Nightmare.

Finally getting hard for me on Hell A2.

Totakeke

Is cyclone the thing that knocks enemies back a few yards and sends little tornadoes in front of you? Because it seems like he just constantly spams that. Dont know much about monk though

Thunderclap is the one that procs the tornados from Sweeping Wind: Cyclone on crits like crazy. Quickening rune is the one that generates 15 spirit on crits. Quickening and SW: Cyclone doesn't really work as well together compared to Thunderclap and Cyclone.

RDreamer

There's a weapon I'm winning a bid on now with 30 minutes left. Wish me luck. I'm 99% sure I'm not going to get it since someone else had a bid on it, and I'm not sure I can keep outbidding, but damn I want this!

I wish some of my stuff would sell quickly so I could have more funds to play with ; ;

Woo-Fu

Banned
I had 3 sets of gloves on auction, all around 500k, each had a bidding war going that was going to escalate to epic proportion near the end of the auction. Unfortunately today's downtime meant that the last hour of each auction didn't fucking happen.

They need to freeze auction time during downtime, IMHO.

Xanathus

I think there's something bugged about the damage done by DOT effects like Fire Chain and Arcane Sentry, it's as if they've been reverted to pre-1.0.3 damage numbers. I'm quite sure that they did much less damage immediately after the patch but right now they're instagibbing me if I get hit by them for a full second all the way from full health.

Rufus

I think there's something bugged about the damage done by DOT effects like Fire Chain and Arcane Sentry, it's as if they've been reverted to pre-1.0.3 damage numbers. I'm quite sure that they did much less damage immediately after the patch but right now they're instagibbing me if I get hit by them for a full second all the way from full health.
Had to skip a pack of fire chain Icy Quill Beast champions right now because of this. They were right at the entrance, too.

Xanathus

Had to skip a pack of fire chain Icy Quill Beast champions right now because of this. They were right at the entrance, too.
I see a thread in the Bug Report forum about this, it's actually about elites using their skills too frequently but people also mention the crazy damage spike from those skills as well.

RDreamer

sonofabitch

Missed the weapon in the last 30 seconds, mostly because you have to grab your gold from the thing before it comes back to you... bah... Now I'm really sad

I had to get my friend to help me beat him... On Nightmare.

I don't know why people thought Izual was the hardest, IMO it was definitely Rakinoth for his instagibs.

Speaking of instagibs, what is it with Zultan Kulle telefragging? I decided not to bother with the fight because of that.

Magic find (on gear) shouldn't have been in the game to begin with. There needs to be gameplay solutions that reward players for skillful play and overcoming challenges, not gameplay that rewards bots or bot-like farming behavior.
i would have to kinda agree, albeit for slightly different reasons. you lose nv when you change skills, you should lose nv when you change gear. the point of gf/mf imo is that you're giving up slots that could've went to better stats, or it could have both and be worth a shit ton of money.

maharg

idspispopd

I don't know why people thought Izual was the hardest, IMO it was definitely Rakinoth for his instagibs.

Speaking of instagibs, what is it with Zultan Kulle telefragging? I decided not to bother with the fight because of that.

I ... don't even remember ever fighting Rakinoth. That's how easy I must have found him. Izual on the other hand easily has the most kills on me of any boss or sub-boss. Easily. Every other boss in the game has generally been trivial to me.

Mind you, I have a barb near the end of hell and a wizard just past normal. Haven't gotten into inferno yet because, frankly, D3 isn't nearly as good as engaging as I'd hoped it would be. :/

Realyn

I'm sorry but get some hp and stop playing glasscannon. Not even on my first non ah(because non existing) run I had no problems with either off them.

Radec

Man, I died like 10 times to Belial now. Managed to get to 10% HP and then he kept doing his green thing over and over. :/ 4secs of Serenity ain't enough.

Haven't experienced this on my Wiz.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Really?

A couple weeks ago, I bought a pair with 40 less dex but with an extra 170 vitality and 10 more all res for 9m on the official D3 forums...
Yes.
You could try searching for that much DEX + All Res + 12% Move on AH.

Upper tier item rolls sell for way more.
120 dex gloves? 20k
140 dex gloves? 350k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom