• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rufus

Act 3 progress is making me bleed money. Had to skip another champion pack after trying fruitlessly to separate them. Molten, fire chains, desecrator, vampiric axe skeletons. Only managed to kill one of them.

eek5

Really?

A couple weeks ago, I bought a pair with 40 less dex but with an extra 170 vitality and 10 more all res for 9m on the official D3 forums...

40 less dex is a pretty big deal especially when the max roll is 300

FWIW, it wasn't 250 mil. It was 250 .. dollars though lol

Butcher was in a good mood I guess.

screenshot050n.jpg

LordCanti

Really?

A couple weeks ago, I bought a pair with 40 less dex but with an extra 170 vitality and 10 more all res for 9m on the official D3 forums...

250m is a running gag here for anything of any value. It started when someone sold something for 250 million gold that was only worth like 100 million gold.

balddemon

Banned
man im having some good luck today.
found a pretty dang good amulet.
some bracers a dude crafted for me turned out really well.
i just found a hellion crossbow with only 4 stacks.
oh and i found an exalted
made.u.look
dread shield plan
hopefully more to come, only just finished clearing the cemetary.

i'll post pics later too lol

Man, going back to getting 1 shot by phase beasts after investing 10m+ on gear that would prevent exactly that from happening. Is this mob damage buff something intentional or not? Cuz if it is, blizz needs to stop being so wishy washy with what the fuck they wanna do. They just made me upgrading my gear and downgrading my dps a little to be absolutely pointless and a waste.

Rufus

Aaand DC'd. EU AH is back though.

Sold a good ring for the minimum bid of 1mil, yay... I'll never know how high it might have gone. Does the timer not stop when the AH goes down? If not, I'm never leaving anything valuable up for bidding again...

so if you're trying to be cute and start a bid for 50k for an item that's clearly worth a lot more, you're screwed if someone bids that lowest amount and the AH goes down?

balddemon

Banned
man im having some good luck today.
found a pretty dang good amulet.
some bracers a dude crafted for me turned out really well.
i just found a hellion crossbow with only 4 stacks.
oh and i found an exalted
made.u.look
dread shield plan
hopefully more to come, only just finished clearing the cemetary.

i'll post pics later too lol

add ilvl 62 ring to the list.

Whooter

Just got to Inferno this morning with my DH, and have been pretty much running a glass cannon build ("I don't always get hit, but when I do, I die.") and I'd like to toughen up a bit.

Are there general Damage and Health numbers I should be striving for to increase my survivability?

Rufus

If it goes down for 36 hours, yes.
Good thing I started it at 1mil. From the handful of similar rings it seemed to be worth at least four or five times that.

Now I'm stuck on Ghom. Haven't tried to experiment with my spec too much, but his stupid fart clouds just chew through the tank spec. Not enough LoH (300), I guess. :c

I ... don't even remember ever fighting Rakinoth. That's how easy I must have found him. Izual on the other hand easily has the most kills on me of any boss or sub-boss. Easily. Every other boss in the game has generally been trivial to me.

Mind you, I have a barb near the end of hell and a wizard just past normal. Haven't gotten into inferno yet because, frankly, D3 isn't nearly as good as engaging as I'd hoped it would be. :/
Izual is mainly hard because he's basically an elite pack, and a lot of his power comes from coming with other oppressors and the freeze affix (which wasn't as frequent pre-patch). Being a witch doctor though, the fact that Hex works on Izual lowers my opinion of the boss quite a bit.

Even if Rakinoth is still pretty easy, I'd consider him harder pre-patch for his teleporting move and having Soul Rippers as minions.

I'm sorry but get some hp and stop playing glasscannon. Not even on my first non ah(because non existing) run I had no problems with either off them.
I am in Inferno now, obviously a lot of my approach to stats have changed since then.

The Zultan Kulle telefragging thing is just weird, as in I don't even know if it's supposed to happen, or if I got attacked and didn't see it. I'm probably just being dumb because it's only happened a couple of times so far.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Weren't the new drop rates supposed to cause deflation?

Those kinds of ilvl 63s are like 1/1000. They are extremely rare.

Lower tier stuff has deflated to the point where I just vendor sell stuff because it's not worth my time to lookup the AH value.

Dahbomb

New drop rates affects mid tier gear. Essentially the gear you need to clear act 2 now is way lower than it was before although it was nerfed anyway. Top tier high roller items are still rare and thus expensive. Loot drop is just right now imo, it almost brings back that d2 feel.

teh_pwn

"Saturated fat causes heart disease as much as Brawndo is what plants crave."
Maybe I just suck, but it seems like you need a whole set of equipment like those boots to comfortably farm act 3. I cleared inferno, but it was not easy. Nor was it hard - I had to cheese my way through areas by leading elites to a dead end to kill me so I could revive and sail past them.

Still the game simply lacks content. Sort of losing interest.

Raxus

I got a super roll! Too bad it is going to my friend.

A 200+ dex, 110 vit, 10 max discipline cloak.

Shit sells for around 10 million on the AH.

LordCanti

I got a super roll! Too bad it is going to my friend.

A 200+ dex, 110 vit, 10 max discipline cloak.

Shit sells for around 10 million on the AH.

Your friend is going to enjoy his RMAH proceeds.

You are now paranoid that he's going to just sell that shit. You now want to give it to me, because I can be trusted.

Rufus

then yes it is ok, lol. you might lose more hp than i did before you can overpower though
I think my positioning is bad. I have to move around though, but then I die too quickly because Overpower is down. Gonna try a few more times. edit: It's really fucking annoying though... Doable, but oh so annoying. Stupid fart monster...

eek5

I think my positioning is bad. I have to move around though, but then I die too quickly because Overpower is down. Gonna try a few more times. edit: It's really fucking annoying though...

If you're taking too much damage in between overpowers, use ignore pain w/ 7s and leap w/ iron impact to help buy yourself some time. If you have LoH also run sprint w RLTW and just run out of the gas clouds if you're getting too low on HP. It should buy you some time to heal a bit, leap back in, ignore pain, or OP to heal up.

Rufus

Leap might be a good idea, yeah. I'm way to beholden to my charge.

BTW, people are discussing some really shady sounding shit on Kripp's stream right now.

Rufus

Sounds like one of his buddies (the one who uses voice masking for fun) is somehow skimming money off the RMAH or something? I dunno. Shady.
He muted the stream while they were discussing it earlier, later he came back and talked about wanting to see six zeros on his PP balance and stuff... Very suspect. He apparently already cashed out a respectable sum.

Anyway, Ghom down. Looking forward to tentacle rape by the Heralds now.

nitric0

B3ZYb.jpg
Are these really worth 5M? I'm trying to upgrade my helm because it has low armor and can't decide what to get. (For my Barb) That visage helm any good?

maharg

idspispopd
Izual is mainly hard because he's basically an elite pack, and a lot of his power comes from coming with other oppressors and the freeze affix (which wasn't as frequent pre-patch). Being a witch doctor though, the fact that Hex works on Izual lowers my opinion of the boss quite a bit.

Even if Rakinoth is still pretty easy, I'd consider him harder pre-patch for his teleporting move and having Soul Rippers as minions.

I'm not sure which patch you're talking about, but I stopped playing before 1.0.3.

Just beat Zultan Kulle in like, 30 seconds. My problem was that I was dumb and didn't realize that Rain of Frogs is awesome as long as you use it in moderation and have a weapon with some mana regen.

EDIT: Whoops, I was on Hell mode. -_-;;

Alright, boys, it's my first attempt at flipping an item in the RMAH!

Bought these gloves for $7 I had in my Blizz account from a small RMAH sale.

flippinggloves5ej4w.png

And I'm going to try selling them for $25. Wish me luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom