• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
ive been putting some alot of items at low bids compared to similar items on the RMAU (not junk), and im not getting any bites. Buy my stuff, rich people!

eek5

Sure enough I still get whacked by that fight in Inferno. I freaking suck at this game.

Are you on US? I can help you buddy

eek#1673

B3ZYb.jpg
Are these really worth 5M? I'm trying to upgrade my helm because it has low armor and can't decide what to get. (For my Barb) That visage helm any good?

If you tank w/ shield I think HoC is a good value. I'm not sure if that roll is worth 5M though (I haven't been following that market). Andariel's Visage is better for DPS barb but it looks stupid IMO

Are you on US? I can help you buddy

eek#1673

Nah. I already got help by accident when playing in public, when a Monk wrecked him and Belial. I was just trying to do it solo.

I'll probably be playing Act 2 Public games to try and get better equipment though.

Does Blizzard has some kind of timeline and history of the world ? Or do they invent flavour text like on helm of command on the spot ?

I got a wild hair up my ass and put every single piece of my primary barb equipment up on the RMAH for $200 bid with $250 buyout.

I'm not sure if I'm happy or sad. There's at least 4 pieces that I think have a very strong possibility of selling. In any case, I won't be able to play for minimum 36 hours, lol. If none of it sells, yay. If it all sells, yay extra paycheck. I need to do other stuff anyway, but I kind of secretly hope it doesn't sell lol.

We'll see.

zoukka

I've accumulated about 20 mil now for a new weapon. I'd like to buy a good 1hander now that I don't have to upgrade anytime soon. WD here and leveling a barb now too.

What are the essentials? LOH and socket? What is the DPS threshold where life steal becomes viable...

EDIT: Also are Helm of Commands worth anything without a socket?

Well, since I looted a pretty decent stormshield, decided to continue leveling my Barbarian too. God the grind from 55-60 is so tedious, haha. She's only going to be my second level 60 character when I do finally get my Barb to 60.

Can't wait till inferno.

Raytow

So hmm how much would this cost in the ah:
Awful Weapon(lol) 2h
1131.9 DPS
907-1357
+15 max damage
+177-451 holy dmg
42% dmg
critical hit dmg +78%
empty socket

alife

whys your dex so low

Jewelry doesn't have much dex on them. And I am using Boj Anglers (83), Lacuni Prowlers (79), and Inna's Glory (82). Currently working on replacing 66 dex Beckon Sail chest piece with higher dex and socket. Crit chance currently at 41.5%, crit dmg 208%. Weapon upgrade is still in the works but eventually will have 350%+ crit dmg. Will get some 6 prop gloves and Black Bone Arrows crafted.

http://i.imgur.com/d1nCo.jpg

jewelry and weap
http://i.imgur.com/KFfJg.jpg

Radec

Can someone help me get pass Keep level 3 in Act 3 ?

I think I died like 20 times there now. No way for me to fight my way through the mobs. I just want to get pass this and fight Ghom. :(

Any suggestions? Armor too low yeah.

equil

I think I died like 20 times there now. No way for me to fight my way through the mobs. I just want to get pass this and fight Ghom. :(

Add me and i'll help Equil#1211.

syllogism

Archon is pretty nice now, blizzard just needs to fix blood magic rune not working with archon beam attack, or I could just find a good weapon with leech, and then I'm set

rShvB.png

(stats with scoundrel)

Archon stats

Improved archon does constant 375% dps (a bit more actually due to the burst attack every 5 seconds), so even in coop things die very quickly.

ElyrionX

WTF, servers are down for maintenance. Blizzard needs to fix this shit. It's like one whole goddamn day of the entire week that I can't play. This is ridiculous.

dk_

What's GAF's verdict on Overpower + Crushing Advance (30% dmg reflect)? I personally use Ignore Pain + Iron Hide with my Barb, but I'm wondering how he will perform with some reflection.

Bradach

15xNQ.png

Oh shit, what am I supposed to do with all this real ass money?

ZCBcH.gif

i just sold my first item today too! I got €3.40 sent to my paypal. Very exciting. I told my wife that the 80 hours + i've put into the game has paid off now :) (she tried to confuse me with some earnings per hour maths but it didn't work)

ch0mp

What's GAF's verdict on Overpower + Crushing Advance (30% dmg reflect)? I personally use Ignore Pain + Iron Hide with my Barb, but I'm wondering how he will perform with some reflection.
Much better uptime with overpower - I can pretty much keep it up continuously with high enough crit (and it also procs LoH, great for standing in fire). I would only use ignore pain in an wrath + eq build.

Sarcasm

It's night here in Southeast Asia and the maintenance lands right smack after work for me (and everyone else from Southeast Asia and Australia).

Even more lame I want to play by myself..yet I can't. Got to treat this like a damn WoW MMORPG. I mean with WoW its all more acceptable.

dk_

Much better uptime with overpower - I can pretty much keep it up continuously with high enough crit (and it also procs LoH, great for standing in fire). I would only use ignore pain in an wrath + eq build.
What is a recommendable crit chance? I only have 10%, so I have to think of something. ^^

If you have stuff you want to sell on the RMAH I would advise you sell ASAP. I mean since the game provides players with infinite items over time which means supply will ever increase and with the number of players purchasing the game plateauing which means that demand will eventually stagnate you have a formula for permanent low prices.

SUPARSTARX

I use it over Ignore Pain. I'm using thorn based gear and everything just dies as I walk past them.

I have almost 20k thorn damage and in addition to Overpower w/reflect, tons of damage goes out. Hell, my regular dps is only 12k lol.

Number45

Is EU AH still bugged? I've put on 10 auctions this morning, now only 5 are running and I've got gold from one.
Just logged in and it's given me the proceeds from my commodity auctions from yesterday, and no notices on the login page so I assume not. Probably not a great assumption on my part though!

Realyn

Great, screw me over some more Blizz. I've put on a ring without buyout - if I search for it I can find it, but it is no longer under my auctions.

RivalCore

Dex is too low, Armour is too low, ideally you want to have 750 resist and I'd throw in some more LoH instead of Crit Damage (straight forward gem swap).

Phenomic

Dex is too low, Armour is too low, ideally you want to have 750 resist and I'd throw in some more LoH instead of Crit Damage (straight forward gem swap).

Is that about a good number to get for all classes? Or perhaps I should ask what's a good number to strive for being Witch Doctor, DH or Wizard?

DSmalls84

Why is it such a pain in the ass to search for off hand items on the AH? I sorted by intel, crit, arcane from crit. Even going up to 6 million gold buyout, could not find a single item that exceeded 250 damage. Shouldn't that be enough to get one with at least 300 damage and those stats, or is the market higher than I realize?

garath

I'm still working on the poor side of things for my DH. Made a small upgrade to my bow for 200k to get me up to 23k dps. I'm emphasizing a burst build. Slow attack speed, high crit chance and damage. So even with a lower dps, I'm still critting with cluster bomb in the realm of 100-120k. I melt act I. Still haven't tried act II solo. I like my 1 hour run from highlands to butcher. Get my 5 stack in the highlands then waypoint to leoric's manor and go to butcher from there. Usually nets 30 or so rares.

I still haven't hit my meal ticket. Biggest sell so far was 750k :(

ccbfan

Why does only like 5 percent of low level items have bid outs in the auction house?

Its stupid.

I'm starting a new character and I was looking for some stuff (Level 14 at the time and Act 2 wasn't going by fast enough). I thought about spending like 50K on new gear.

All the gear I looked at were under 2K current bit but had 2hour - 2day wait times. WTF 2 hours I will be at least 5 levels higher and don't need the gear in 2 hours. Ended up buying an armor for 5K (only at 1K current bid) since it was the only thing a good deal better than my current gear with a bid out.

Speaking of which does Gems have level reqs? Can I get lowest level socketed gear and puts some high level gems in there. I don't mean stuff like Radiant Star Gem or anything but I have stacks of square and flawless squares so like Radiant Square and Star.

Make a Star Ruby in the helm and a Star Ruby in some one handed weapon. You have a very good low level starting gear.

eek5

Why does only like 5 percent of low level items have bid outs in the auction house?

Its stupid.

I'm starting a new character and I was looking for some stuff (Level 14 at the time and Act 2 wasn't going by fast enough). I thought about spending like 50K on new gear.

All the gear I looked at were under 2K current bit but had 2hour - 2day wait times. WTF 2 hours I will be at least 5 levels higher and don't need the gear in 2 hours. Ended up buying an armor for 5K (only at 1K current bid) since it was the only thing a good deal better than my current gear with a bid out.

Speaking of which does Gems have level reqs? Can I get lowest level socketed gear and puts some high level gems in there. I don't mean stuff like Radiant Star Gem or anything but I have stacks of square and flawless squares so like Radiant Square and Star.

Make a Star Ruby in the helm and a Star Ruby in some one handed weapon. You have a very good low level starting gear.
Because people are dumb. You can set a max buyout on the bottom left to filter out all items without buyouts.

There are no level requirements for gems.

So do Barbs need All Resist on every piece of armor to survive? What about Life Regen?

I run all resist on all pieces of armor except rings/amulet. I think I have around 50+ on each piece.

I also focus on life regen and get around 900 health regen a second.

This set up works for me and can clear any elite in act 3/4 as long as I kite a bit every now and then to get cool down back.

I for one think health regen is underrated because as soon as I try a new piece with better stats and no health regen I almost always go back.

Keep in mind I have 900+ regen a second and 750+ life on hit as well that works nicely together.

I definitely wouldn't recommend every barb to build resist/life regen but it works for my style!

linsivvi

Armor too low, DPS way too low (for dual wield) and dex also too low.

If you only have 16K you might as well switch to a weapon with a shield. Right now you are stuck in between not being able to tank for long and not being able to kill mobs fast enough.

I'd look for upgrading your primary weapon with at least +200 Dex. You should find something like 750 dps, +200 dex and a slot within a million gold.

Your resist is fine as long as you can improve your armor by 2K or so, after that buff it with hard target, enchantress and possibly keen eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom