• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyuubi818

Neo Member
I think I need more LoH on my DH :( I seem to enjoy killing myself with Catrops with Jagged spikes when there is a set of reflect damage mobs.

balddemon

Banned
Ok deal.

8vA1h.png

This just about makes up for the AH being down for 2 1/2 days :eek:

i'll buy that off you for 30k. double your money!

Geez, the 1 hand xbow I bought a few days ago. I downloaded the demon hunter dps spreadsheet and did some calculating.

cheap1h.jpg

I never realised how big an impact dex had on dps (away from the dps number). Compared to the above 1hander, one with 900 dps but 150 dex will do like 2k more damage.

So I stuck it on the AH for 11.5m, it nearly insta sold. bah could have gotten more, but still 4.5m profit on an item I bought like 3 days ago, can't complain.

Now to get an apparently lower dps 1hander that has dex on it.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
So if my calculations are correct, if you take Flawless Square Gems, and craft them into Perfect/Radiant/Star Gems and try to sell those, you actually end up LOSING money versus just selling the Flawless Squares. Therefore, it's actually more profitable to just sell your Flawless Square gems and then buy the Star gems from the AH.

Anybody else come to that conclusion?

So if my calculations are correct, if you take Flawless Square Gems, and craft them into Perfect/Radiant/Star Gems and try to sell those, you actually end up LOSING money versus just selling the Flawless Squares. Therefore, it's actually more profitable to just sell your Flawless Square gems and then buy the Star gems from the AH.

Haven't checked, but I wouldn't be surprised.

balddemon

Banned

sure but if you craft flawless or perfect star you make money. idk about radiant star, those are 16mil each though lol (last i checked, emeralds)

Anustart

I made a million crafting radiant square amethysts yesterday.

RDreamer

What about if you start at squares?

Edit: Wow, you probably lose a metric ton that way. Just saw that the tomes of jewel crafting make it way too expensive for that.

I made a spreadsheet where you enter AH cost of tomes, flawless square AH price, and AH sale price of each higher gem, and it computes your profit of selling each type of gem. Conclusion is that yea, the profit margin is often negative, and at best slim. But a slim margin is sometimes ok if you can sell alot of volume quickly

So spending 100k leveling up Chen last night was a mistake? :(
I'm not positive, but I think he needs to be max level in order for you to craft up to a Star at least so not a waste in my opinion. Not that I'm rolling with that in everything, but I did craft a Star topaz for the MF in my helm.

RDreamer

Scored some amazing pants. 57 dex, 202 vit, 56 lightning resist (my monk's chosen resist) and 2 open sockets... all for 600k. wtf? wtf indeed. Someone didn't realize that monks use single resists.

I lose about 40 resists with those pants, but gain somewhere around 700 damage and 5000 life. I think that's worth the tradeoff, especially since I'm still floating above 900 on my resists (and the extra dex helps with armor).

My goal of slowly turning this monk around from pure defensive tank to a tank that can actually help out with damage and then hopefully damage and tanking all in one. It'll be a while, but I might get there. I can still tank Act 4 pretty well darned well, and that's a goal I have to keep since I duo with a wizard for farming.

I present to you my biggest facepalm of the game yet:

u8lz9.jpg

You better not laugh.

Ouch, that sucks. I recently changed my shield to something pretty godly for my monk... except the only thing that I could find that fit my criteria (and boy did it!) had only 14% block. I bit the bullet and bought it. For a monk sacrificing a few percent for block isn't as bad if you consider you're going to be dodging for 40-50% of the time. So you can cut that block percentage in half for the amount of time you'll actually be blocking something.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
What about if you start at squares?

Edit: Wow, you probably lose a metric ton that way. Just saw that the tomes of jewel crafting make it way too expensive for that.

Yeah I think people are turning square emeralds into flawless squares and it really drives up the price of tomes of jewelcrafting. Definitely not worth it to turn squares into flawless squares for anything other than emeralds.

sure but if you craft flawless or perfect star you make money. idk about radiant star, those are 16mil each though lol (last i checked, emeralds)

Yeah, but that requires a recipe, which is itself fairly expensive. Even then, you'd probably do better selling the flawless squares, buying the stars, and crafting the flawless/perfect stars to sell.

Ouch, that sucks. I recently changed my shield to something pretty godly for my monk... except the only thing that I could find that fit my criteria (and boy did it!) had only 14% block. I bit the bullet and bought it. For a monk sacrificing a few percent for block isn't as bad if you consider you're going to be dodging for 40-50% of the time. So you can cut that block percentage in half for the amount of time you'll actually be blocking something.

I know, right? I'm pretty sure barbs can't sacrifice block%... in any case, I plan to use it (over my 23% Stormshield) with some block% boost items from helms and rings and crap.

Mother of god.... Someone streaming saw this weapon

FPaOM.png

WHAT IS THAT THING??!

eek5

I present to you my biggest facepalm of the game yet:

u8lz9.jpg

You better not laugh.

There are people out there that use shields as a cheap off-hand to boost their DPS. My 9.5% crit shield gives me almost as much DPS boost as a 5-8mil DW weapon (with no crit dmg). Will probably still sell for a mil or more which isn't bad.

There are people out there that use shields as a cheap off-hand to boost their DPS. My 9.5% crit shield gives me almost as much DPS boost as a 5-8mil DW weapon (with no crit dmg). Will probably still sell for a mil or more which isn't bad.

Yeah, I hope you're right, and it does boost my DPS by just 1936dmg. idk...

RDreamer

I know, right? I'm pretty sure barbs can't sacrifice block%... in any case, I plan to use it (over my 23% Stormshield) with some block% boost items from helms and rings and crap.

Yeah, it's mostly monks that can sacrifice that, but that's why I do laugh a little bit at some monks that get really obsessed over that number. Don't get me wrong, I was in that boat too and I had a few 20% block shields. But really when you think about it there isn't a great big difference between blocking about 7-8% of the time and blocking 10-11% of the time. It's the difference between 28,000 life and 44,000 life (using the lower and the higher numbers respectively) over 100 attacks... in other words 440 per attack and 280 per attack. Not really a big deal if you can make that up with other awesome stats.

But, yeah, I wouldn't think a barb would want to make that sacrifice. The number difference is a lot larger on their end, since they're not dodging half the time.

I don't think barbs are those people. Wizards do it and (for the reasons I pointed out above) monks can do it, but that's about it. Even tank doctors would, I think, want full block on their shields since they absolutely need more defense.

WHAT IS THAT THING??!

It is the mother of all weapons. It's simply glorious. My mouth salivated upon seeing it.

balddemon

Banned
found the first piece of my MF set today lol.

amulet with

• 43 int
  • 87 vit
  • 366 loh
  • 32% MF
  • 5.5% crit chance
i also think i could sell this for a lot should i choose to

oh and also found some shitty gloves with

• 108 dex
  • 25 int
  • 8% attk speed
  • 8.5% crit chance

i could be wrong but i think those are worth something too

HenryHSH

Geez, the 1 hand xbow I bought a few days ago. I downloaded the demon hunter dps spreadsheet and did some calculating.

cheap1h.jpg

I never realised how big an impact dex had on dps (away from the dps number). Compared to the above 1hander, one with 900 dps but 150 dex will do like 2k more damage.

So I stuck it on the AH for 11.5m, it nearly insta sold. bah could have gotten more, but still 4.5m profit on an item I bought like 3 days ago, can't complain.

I remember the replies you got when you first bought that xbox... lol

I remember the replies you got when you first bought that xbox... lol

It's not shit, it's just without dex it's dps isn't as great as one might think. I presume whoever bought it for 11.5m, didn't realise that dex is not taken into account on the displayed dps.

eek5

I don't think barbs are those people. Wizards do it and (for the reasons I pointed out above) monks can do it, but that's about it. Even tank doctors would, I think, want full block on their shields since they absolutely need more defense.

Eh, it really depends. A 13% sacred shield is still better than a ~17% dread shield and I've seen barb rolled dread shields with <17% block sell in the millions. His shield is probably better suited for a monk mostly because of the double resis but I could see a barb buying it as well. Whatever the case, the shield has value and it's far from the biggest facepalm roll I've ever seen.

RDreamer

It's not shit, it's just without dex it's dps isn't as great as one might think. I presume whoever bought it for 11.5m, didn't realise that dex is not taken into account on the displayed dps.

They really should have a column you can sort by that would show your damage change if you were to equip that weapon. Then the hammer I found the other day with 240 str and 190 vit would be worth a ton even though it's only 700 dps.

Eh, it really depends. A 13% sacred shield is still better than a ~17% dread shield and I've seen barb rolled dread shields with <17% block sell in the millions. His shield is probably better suited for a monk mostly because of the double resis but I could see a barb buying it as well. Whatever the case, the shield has value and it's far from the biggest facepalm roll I've ever seen.

Yeah it's definitely still worth something. It's a face palm though because if that were 20 the price would likely skyrocket. I'm not sure a monk will look at it much without any dex. It's possible a monk would pick it up for the defensive properties (and the crit), but I'm not even sure most would find it, since I'm sure they're searching for dex on their shield. It'd also have to be cheaper than dex shields for one to really go for it. But I guess I don't know every monk...

Estein

Banned

cheap1h.jpg

Did you factor in having an emerald in that socket?

eek5

Yeah it's definitely still worth something. It's a face palm though because if that were 20 the price would likely skyrocket. I'm not sure a monk will look at it much without any dex. It's possible a monk would pick it up for the defensive properties (and the crit), but I'm not even sure most would find it, since I'm sure they're searching for dex on their shield. It'd also have to be cheaper than dex shields for one to really go for it. But I guess I don't know every monk...

I've seen enough socketed weapons w/ 200 base stats and 90% crit .. and 300 dps to look past the block% and see that shield as a good/valuable roll. :lol Complaining about a roll being only worth millions instead of tens of millions is just greedy.

Definity

I've been out of town for a week or so and have been having withdrawals. Not been this hooked on a game since high school.

Poor Grant, getting touched all the time.

Bahaha...

Is botting really that common now?

I've seen enough socketed weapons w/ 200 base stats and 90% crit .. and 300 dps to look past the block% and see that shield as a good/valuable roll. :lol Complaining about a roll being only worth millions instead of tens of millions is just greedy.

Yeah, I'm just gonna let out a big sigh(or small, let's not be greedy >:) haha) and put it up for minimum 1mil on the AH.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Bahaha...

Is botting really that common now?
There was one time when a person would have trouble having one job. Now people have two. They go to work while botting, then they put all that gear they've earned in the RMAH and get even more money.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Uhhh gaf

Halp

I put a weapon up this morning

It says the bid is 25,656 in my auction house 'auctions' screen

But when I search for it... It says 5 million

Am I fucked? :(((((

Monk 1 handed - 600 life on hit (has socket) DPS 845.8 called "eradicating claw"

Weapons

Uhhh gaf

Halp

I put a weapon up this morning

It says the bid is 25,656 in my auction house 'auctions' screen

But when I search for it... It says 5 million

Am I fucked? :(((((

Monk 1 handed - 600 life on hit (has socket) DPS 845.8 called "eradicating claw"

That's pretty normal I think. My auctions tab bids have always been lagging since 1.02/3 compared to the actual bid when you search for the item.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
That's pretty normal I think. My auctions tab bids have always been lagging since 1.02/3 compared to the actual bid when you search for the item.

Yeah I looked at my other auctions on rings

They all have bids but I don't see it

They are showing the same numbers I had at 6 am

so 12 hours without having an update to any bid? That does not sound right

Cipherr

Went ahead and beat Inferno on my Barb. Was eating at me that I hadn't went ahead and cleared Act 4 since I dont play much anymore. Was just as easy as I expected. I really liked the rares. Got lots of 63's theres just not enough packs. Did the entirety of the Act, went into the little side zones and all, and the number of packs was still pretty low for a full Act. Shame.

Nice to have it all cleared though. Cleared Inferno on my DH before the nerf and my Barb after the nerf. Cant really tell the difference in difficulty much since the classes play so differently. Don't think I'll bother doing it with any of the other classes.

RivalCore

Gave Ghom a run to see what he was like post enrage.

Good lord, I feel for anyone who's even slightly undergeared against him. The fat fuck got buffed to hell. 30 seconds in, I think at least 75 percent of the screen was covered in poison.

railGUN

Banned
Gave Ghom a run to see what he was like post enrage.

Good lord, I feel for anyone who's even slightly undergeared against him. The fat fuck got buffed to hell. 30 seconds in, I think at least 75 percent of the screen was covered in poison.

That's where I'm stuck at the moment... I got him down to about 30% last night but the room was completely full. I've spent probably 150k in repair bills trying to down him, but at this point, I think I need another 10k DPS to have a chance.

Rufus

He shouldn't be able to just spawn clouds where you stand. Or they should dissipate faster. One or the other. I don't see inferno Diablo giving me as many problems as him.

RDreamer

He shouldn't be able to just spawn clouds where you stand. Or they should dissipate faster. One or the other. I don't see inferno Diablo giving me as many problems as him.

Ghom is now the toughest boss in the game, by far. Weird... Difficulty on the bosses is all over the place. Izzy right now is beyond a joke, for instance.

RivalCore

Ghom is now the toughest boss in the game, by far. Weird... Difficulty on the bosses is all over the place. Izzy right now is beyond a joke, for instance.

I actually took Ghom down using Overawe. I think over the weekend, I'm gonna boost my dex to over 2k, get some extra resist/armour and then run Overawe from here on out. Chasin' those big yellow numbers!

It took me a couple of hundred thousand in repair bills to beat him. Then a day after that I read about how the overpower\reflect damage rune makes it a breeze. Damn it. Oh well, it was still satisfying to beat him after such a struggle. Azmodan was a joke in comparison.

Rufus

They have the "best testers in the world".

Through all of this I'm starting to doubt the decision making on Blizzard's part. Do they actually know what they are doing, or do they use testers and QA to inform every single decision? Because it appears that it all goes wrong when the testers don't get enough time to see if what Blizz thinks up actually works the way they intend.

Tom Penny

I have no clue how you kill those subjugators with desecration, jailer, chains molten etc..I haven't been in one group that can handle them in act 4. Can't even kill one.

RDreamer

I have no clue how you kill those subjugators with desecration, jailer, chains molten etc..I haven't been in one group that can handle them in act 4. Can't even kill one.

With all of those? Or are you saying any one of those kills you? Because they aren't that terrible. The bombs they lob are kind of annoying and hit hard, but eh....

The actual hard elites in Act 4 are the Morlu Incinerators. With even slightly bad mods those things can ruin an entire run quickly. They all have teleport, which means you can get all of maybe 2 hits in before they teleport and slam another meteor on your head. Annoying if it's just them on the screen, but devastating if a Mallet Lord or something also happens to be around. Those things are just crazy...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom