• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seth C

Hey. The other night I spent about 200k crafting and was able to make just enough progress to kill Rakaroth. I've made it to Diablo now in Hell. Just a matter of time before I can get to Inferno.

GJS

Fellow gafers, i need help with pricing to these items & if maybe something is woth in the RMAH.

Thanks

7wZnu.png

Can probably sell the DH cloak for like 400-900k.

red731

:(, nothing is good for the AH?

low dmd fist but nice dext tho, xbow with good dmg but for DH worthless strenght, low specs for armor, except dext and allres-cloak is nothing for DH, nice vit on daibo but strenght? not for monk

That is how I see it.

AIP

Fellow D3-gaffers I need your help. Did my first run on act 2 with my friend and lucky when the black bone arrow plan dropped and was wondering if I should sell the plan or if I should use it and sell the quivers instead?

Neki

Fellow D3-gaffers I need your help. Did my first run on act 2 with my friend and lucky when the black bone arrow plan dropped and was wondering if I should sell the plan or if I should use it and sell the quivers instead?

sell the plan

Maybe we should have a separate price check thread. How do the mods feel about it?
That's not to say it would be this worthless place all the price checks are dumped, it would probably be quite useful.

RivalCore

Maybe we should have a separate price check thread. How do the mods feel about it?
That's not to say it would be this worthless place all the price checks are dumped, it would probably be quite useful.

Tried it, no one used it.

EDIT: Hurray, I'm a member!

Has Blizzard ever gone on record as to the possibility of a web-based interface for the Auction House?

Pretty pumped, the Stormshield I found the other day and listed has a current bid of 12.5 million with an hour to go.

I found a couple other neat things last night on my Act 2 farm runs. One was a Legendary plan "Lost Boys" which I threw up on the AH for a quick sale and the other was for a Perfect Star Topaz. I didn't even realize I'd found it until I was looking in my inventory as it's just blue in color. Sold that too even though I do realize I could do crafting and probably profit from that, just didn't have any interest.

ElyrionX

I've been biding my time with the money earned on the RMAH and now it seems that prices are beginning to fall qutie quickly. Been looking out for high-end sources and wands and the prices in both those categories in the RMAH are definitely coming down, especially for sources.

On the whole, gear on RMAH are just really overpriced relative to the GAH, assuming an exchange rate of USD 2 to 3 per million gold.

Morokh

On the whole, gear on RMAH are just really overpriced relative to the GAH, assuming an exchange rate of USD 2 to 3 per million gold.

That's perfectly normal, with the price of gold sinking even more every week and blizzard taking 1€/$ on every item its just not possible to do the conversion, unles you have an item you can sell more than 20/30 millions.

Keep or sell? (price seems to be about 700k at EU AH)
Do note that I haven't learned flawless amethyst start yet.

How could we answer this question for you? We don't know how wealthy you are in the game, don't know if you want it or not, etc. How can we answer it? You know the price (700k) and you know that you don't have it learned yet. So it's up to you to decide. Sorry if I sound like an ass.

Lord Phol

How could we answer this question for you? We don't know how wealthy you are in the game, don't know if you want it or not, etc. How can we answer it? You know the price (700k) and you know that you don't have it learned yet. So it's up to you to decide. Sorry if I sound like an ass.

Just thought you guys knew more about this stuff, I haven't played diablo in about a month.
I have no idea if 700k is a good value, if it's a rare drop, or even if upgrading gems urself is worth the money etc.

But yeah guess ill just keep it then.

I'm working on my WD atm. What I don't get is why pets have to be so terrible. I just got to Nightmare and they die really fast now. Like couldn't they scale the numbers just a little bit better. Its like they dont even try.

You can make WD pets work until Inferno. At Inferno, they get one/two-shotted (like you!) so it won't work. But until then, I tanked better than most barbs!

Pets care about only four things:
1. armor
2. Resists (pick physical)
3. Your weapon dmg
4. With Fierce Loyalty, your life regen items
(and, currently bugged, they love your Blood Ritual)

For a small budget, search for res all, phys res, and vit (int is a bonus). It'll increase your survivability and theirs too. After the initial purchases, you'll have probably overdone it and can add dps back in, but bam: Tank WD with tank pets.

Just thought you guys knew more about this stuff, I haven't played diablo in about a month.
I have no idea if 700k is a good value, if it's a rare drop, or even if upgrading gems urself is worth the money etc.

But yeah guess ill just keep it then.
The nice thing about selling plans is that there's no real thinking needed in terms of what the value is.

I have seen some people make some money by crafting some of the higher end gems. You can buy the lower level gems and craft to the Perfect, just depends if you want to spend a lot of time doing that or not. For what it's worth, I found the plan for the Topaz last night and took the money and ran.

WD pets will get buffed in the balance patch (I forget which number that one is). WD will probably become more popular then.

On an unrelated note, has anyone asked Blizzard for an "unidentify all" button? It's getting tiresome having to unid a full inv of yellows. You could do this in D2 with Cain. Makes no sense not to have it here, especially with how much more streamlined the game is compared to D2.

As a WD, my Gargantuan (Big Stinker) is doing really well in Inferno. I have Act 3 on farm and my garg is around 75% of the time (sometimes he dies when the cooldown is still up). He's a life saver with his AoE poison ticks that trigger LoH.

Estein

Banned
Hey. The other night I spent about 200k crafting and was able to make just enough progress to kill Rakaroth. I've made it to Diablo now in Hell. Just a matter of time before I can get to Inferno.

If you've had this much trouble with hell, I wouldn't even bother with inferno.

I've seen people testify that they managed to get at least Gargantuan to work in Inferno, so if you want to run some sort of pet, it's still possible.

Hopefully the Vit buff will make Gargantuan a true wall, and the Zerglings have as much survivability as a Gargantuan with crappy armor and resists does in Inferno.

Trickster

On an unrelated note, has anyone asked Blizzard for an "unidentify all" button? It's getting tiresome having to unid a full inv of yellows. You could do this in D2 with Cain. Makes no sense not to have it here, especially with how much more streamlined the game is compared to D2.

Blizzard probably wants the player to feel like they're opening a present each and every time they id a rare/legendary/set item. Giving us an option to id all items in our inventory at once probably goes agains't their intentions with having us id items one at a time...or some such nonsense as that.

But it's a hilarious step backwards. It's another wonderful example of something that doesn't make sense in d3.

Man, I got so excited when I had a legendary drop on Izual only to find it was the staff plan. :(

Also, anyone have any idea why I might have lost my full stack of NV during the Diablo fight? I had ten minutes left on it. The guy in a party with me kept his just fine.

Bradach

Man, I got so excited when I had a legendary drop on Izual only to find it was the staff plan. :(

Also, anyone have any idea why I might have lost my full stack of NV during the Diablo fight? I had ten minutes left on it. The guy in a party with me kept his just fine.

Skill change? I lost all mine last night cos i tailored my skills to suit a boss.

As a WD, my Gargantuan (Big Stinker) is doing really well in Inferno. I have Act 3 on farm and my garg is around 75% of the time (sometimes he dies when the cooldown is still up). He's a life saver with his AoE poison ticks that trigger LoH.

How fun are you finding your WD in Inferno? I've got 2 classes left to make, a WD or monk. I want to pick the one that's most fun first. That's the #1 factor. Anyone have a recommendation? Basically in terms of if the class gets boring fast or is too repetitive (not a variety of skills in use, just a few, and only 1-2 viable builds). That type of thing

Bog

Junior Ace
When's Blizz going to let me search for more than 3 stats so I can see what the hell this is worth?

auLsW.jpg

inky

When's Blizz going to let me search for more than 3 stats so I can see what the hell this is worth?

http://i.imgur.com/auLsW.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

You don't need to search for more than 3 for that particular item: Quick search tells me that if you look for STR/VIT/AS there are about 5-6 similar items, with prices between 1 and 4 million, no bids. Yours has armor and dex, which makes it more defense oriented and maybe a bit more valuable (Tho people don't seem to value armor as highly, even if it is very good).

If you search for DEX/VIT/AS and consider STR part of that armor (so 378 effective armor), you get about 2 pages of results with items with a bit of a wider range, but similar items priced between 1 and 4 million, and a couple of bids. Again, these items may not have the same stats, but people looking for DEX as a main feature are looking for a lot more than 80 (there are some ranging from 150-200 within the same price range) unless they absolutely want it for defensive purposes. The price and the extra attributes have to convince them this item is worth more, so you have to be aware how much items with ~300 armor are going for (which requires another search on your part).

It took me more time to write this up than to search for that stuff. It's really not that hard. If that was me I'd start high (initial bid 3.5 - buyout 6) and go lower from there if it doesn't sell. I'm guessing in the end you could get about 1.7-2 million tops for it.

scy

Yours has armor and dex, which makes it more defense oriented and maybe a bit more valuable (Tho people don't seem to value armor as highly, even if it is very good).

Plus, you can just sort by Armor, don't even need to waste a criteria for it.

RDreamer

auLsW.jpg

Uh, you've only got 3 worthwhile stats, really. I guess the armor is nice, but you can sort for that, so it's always a free 4th search, especially for amulets and rings.

Edit: beaten :(

inky

Plus, you can just sort by Armor, don't even need to waste a criteria for it.

Yea, that too. In this case none of the other amulets had any, so that is why I suggested an additional search, but you are correct. Armor is free to search and sort.

Number45

Talking of NV, I lost mine last night while moving from act 3 to 4 properly (i.e. played through to the end of the act 3, beat Azmodan and followed the proper course through to act 4). This is all on a standard playthrough, on Hell difficulty.

Is that normal?

Estein

Banned
Talking of NV, I lost mine last night while moving from act 3 to 4 properly (i.e. played through to the end of the act 3, beat Azmodan and followed the proper course through to act 4). This is all on a standard playthrough, on Hell difficulty.

Is that normal?

Yes. You lose all stacks when switching acts.

kennah

Nice snag! I got a really great socketed level 30 amulet for 3,000 yesterday. Just happened to be looking the second they posted it.

It's pretty hard to pinpoint what items that have more than 3 desirable affixes are worth due to the AH search restrictions though.

It's really not. Pick 3, sort by buyout, go down the list until you find one with the ones you want. If there's too many results, pick a different 3.

Do people think that somehow other people on this forum can tap into other peoples' brains and know how much they're willing to pay? All these price checks are is "Who would be willing to check the AH for me? I do t feel like doing it myself."

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
It's really not. Pick 3, sort by buyout, go down the list until you find one with the ones you want. If there's too many results, pick a different 3.

Do people think that somehow other people on this forum can tap into other peoples' brains and know how much they're willing to pay? All these price checks are is "Who would be willing to check the AH for me? I do t feel like doing it myself."

There are some items I can kinda understand people asking for advice on, but most of the stuff posted is stuff that could easily be priced unless you just want to be lazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom