• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
witch doctor here with a weapon question:

I currently have an 800 dps one hander:
306-835 damage
1.4 speed
150 int

are the relevant stats

would the following be a good upgrade? I'm unclear on how important the int is
615-1021
1.2 speed
40 int

woober

iy3hPm79dIQGk.png

Found this in act 2. Did not know that this would be worth millions of gold with no main stat. Time to see how much I can make! o_O

Totakeke

I don't think it happened with that because I played regularly after that but only started noticing this issue since last week.

Pretty sure it happened with 1.03 or at least the issue has always existed since then. I don't think they did this to counteract drop buffs because this only affects a few types of mobs. No reason to just specifically buff these mobs.

RDreamer

I don't think it happened with that because I played regularly after that but only started noticing this issue since last week.

I'm pretty sure it happened after that. I noticed damage in Act 4 being way out of whack the next day. The day before the patch I ran through Act 4 with a barb in my group and I could stand in a few elemental damages pretty easily for quite a good amount of time when his warcry was on. With that same warcry the day of the patch I was losing health at a phenomenal rate. I didn't change any equipment or anything at all between those two occasions. I think the next day I noticed a few affixed doing more damage than previous, too.

Sarcasm

Man I am trying to find certain dungeons and I just can't.

Highlands Cave in L Hunting ground.
Lynreum in S Highlands
Abandoned Servant House in S Highlands
House of Curius Field of Misery

blargh

Man I am trying to find certain dungeons and I just can't.

Highlands Cave in L Hunting ground.
Lynreum in S Highlands
Abandoned Servant House in S Highlands
House of Curius Field of Misery

blargh

Try different class/difficulty.

I just found the Cryder's Outpost for the first time (act 3) after 200 hours of playtime

Fularu

Banned
What fear bug?

I like enemies with Mortar Nightmarish. It makes CC reduction stat not useless.
Nightmare mobs were supposed to fear less in 1.03, now they fear more, it's a known issue.

Same with shielding, so fear locked + perma shields make for fun times (the shielding issue isn't as severe though)

man, shit just melts tho. with that and marauders rage, my dps goes up to like 70k. butcher dies in under 30 seconds. warden dies in under 5. it's awesome

Yea, but it doesnt help much in certain cases where it actually makes the difference between living and not living. I mean who cares if you can kill butcher in 30s vs 1 min, ya know? What about that waller arcane nightmare horde illusionist pack of winged moloks?

Sprint + FC and you'll basically never die unless you're asleep

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
Man it's getting really tedious to check AH for upgrades. I seriously hope they add 5-6 affix searches in 1.04 but it's doubtful. AH system would need a serious overhaul :(

balddemon

Banned
Yea, but it doesnt help much in certain cases where it actually makes the difference between living and not living. I mean who cares if you can kill butcher in 30s vs 1 min, ya know? What about that waller arcane nightmare horde illusionist pack of winged moloks?

Sprint + FC and you'll basically never die unless you're asleep

well i don't farm anywhere besides act 1. runs elsewhere take too long unless i have someone willing to do it with me

I am wizard that can farm comfortably in Act 1 Inferno. I have about 35k dps (unbuffed), 4k armor and 400 RA, ranged dps build. Now I have a tank WD partner and he's nigh unkillable (in Act 1).

I feel like making a pure dps Archon build. Any recommendation on skills for Archon build?

I'm thinking: -

Active
Archon
Force Weapon
Familiar
?
?
?

Passive
Critical Mass
Evocation
Glass Cannon

Vodh

I am wizard that can farm comfortably in Act 1 Inferno. I have about 35k dps (unbuffed), 4k armor and 400 RA, ranged dps build. Now I have a tank WD partner and he's nigh unkillable (in Act 1).

I feel like making a pure dps Archon build. Any recommendation on skills for Archon build?

Active
Archon
Force Weapon
Familiar
?
?
?

Add a Force Armor there and you're set. Use the two remaining skills for the times when your archon is on cooldown. Personally I roll with Diamond Skin and Disintegrate (chaos nexus). Sort of like a poor man's archon when I don't have the real deal available. If you don't have ridiculous crit gear you might want to try Blur instead of Critical Mass, otherwise the passives are fine.

nitric0

Four butcher runs and the best thing I got was a blue 800 DPS 2H with a socket, pretty bad runs tonight. Think I'm done with Act 1 farming for now, gonna stick to Act 2 smh

Is Butcher run even lucrative anymore? I hardly even farm Butcher anymore. With 5 NV, sometimes i get only 1 rare from the Butcher. DA FUQ? Now I go for elites all over Act 1 and then stop at Warden.

well i don't farm anywhere besides act 1. runs elsewhere take too long unless i have someone willing to do it with me

Ahh, yea if I'm doing Act 1 or 2 I suppose I could use WotB instead of Furious Charge or something and it wouldn't really matter. Hell it might be faster. With a Frenzy Shrine I can get up to 75k dps without WotB, maybe with WotB i could break 200k on my barb, lol. That would make a funny screenshot to go alongside all the Demon Hunter 200k dps screenshots :p

nitric0

Is Butcher run even lucrative anymore? I hardly even farm Butcher anymore. With 5 NV, sometimes i get only 1 rare from the Butcher. DA FUQ? Now I go for elites all over Act 1 and then stop at Warden.

I normally clear out out NH, Leoric's Manor, Fest. Woods, Cemetary, Cath Garden 3 and make my way to the Warden/Butcher.

Trickster

Uhh with 5 stacks he'll always drop 2 rares.

Yes, but doing butcher runs like before champions and rares always dropped a rare when at 5 stack is a really bad way of farming now.

Most times you're gonna reach butcher by the time you've killed 5-6 packs.

Getting the 5 stack, then kill butcher and start over in a new game means you keep resetting your NV stack, and thus miss out on all the rares you'd get from champion and rare packs otherwise.

So just doing butcher runs like prepatch is a really bad use of your time if you want to farm items effeciently.

aznpxdd

Elites got buffed? Can't feel it as I melt them in Act I before and after the patch. Act III Elites bends me over either way :(

I normally clear out out NH, Leoric's Manor, Fest. Woods, Cemetary, Cath Garden 3 and make my way to the Warden/Butcher.

Yeah I do a similar route also. Each run takes considerably longer now, but also higher rewards since I often get 2-3 rares from Elites/Champs.

eek5

Yes, but doing butcher runs like before champions and rares always dropped a rare when at 5 stack is a really bad way of farming now.

Most times you're gonna reach butcher by the time you've killed 5-6 packs.

Getting the 5 stack, then kill butcher and start over in a new game means you keep resetting your NV stack, and thus miss out on all the rares you'd get from champion and rare packs otherwise.

So just doing butcher runs like prepatch is a really bad use of your time if you want to farm items effeciently.

That's not what hes asking though. Butcher drops 2 rares on 5NV now and the fight is so fast if you have any kind of dps that there is really no reason not to finish off an Act1 run with it especially since the area before butcher has 1-2 champs.

Trickster

That's not what hes asking though. Butcher drops 2 rares on 5NV now and the fight is so fast if you have any kind of dps that there is really no reason not to finish off an Act1 run with it especially since the area before butcher has 1-2 champs.

Not really how I read it. He asked if butcher runs were lucrative anymore. Butcher runs are what people did before the patch. Clearing act 1 were you kill the butcher at the end is not really a butcher run imo.

Yeah...before the patch, the Butcher run route was just Halls 2 and all the way down to Butcher...and backtrack only to get 5 NV if you're missing them before the Warden fight.

After the patch, it's more of "clear all easily reachable elites in Act 1" before proceeding down to Butcher.

p/s I specifically recall getting only ONE rare from Butcher after the patch. Man, I was pissed off that time.

eek5

Not really how I read it. He asked if butcher runs were lucrative anymore. Butcher runs are what people did before the patch. Clearing act 1 were you kill the butcher at the end is not really a butcher run imo.

Did you conveniently not read this part?

Now I go for elites all over Act 1 and then stop at Warden.

It's no longer a butcher run because he stops at Warden which is stupid. Sure, he poorly worded his post but you're completely misreading it.

p/s I specifically recall getting only ONE rare from Butcher after the patch. Man, I was pissed off that time.

1.0.3 changed boss drops to 1 guaranteed. The first hotfix after 1.0.3 made it 2 guaranteed rares again.

Mayyhem

I got to 60 recently and I've just been farming act 1 with my barb. I've been finding mostly crappy items, randomly getting some sellable items.

So I was farming earlier, and I came across this ring:
vIbvw.jpg

I'm pretty nooby with the Auction house so I'm not really sure what this is worth but I think it could be quite a bit (only have like 2million gold and im undergeared for act 2-3)

eek5

I got to 60 recently and I've just been farming act 1 with my barb. I've been finding mostly crappy items, randomly getting some sellable items.

So I was farming earlier, and I came across this ring:
vIbvw.jpg

I'm pretty nooby with the Auction house so I'm not really sure what this is worth but I think it could be quite a bit (only have like 2million gold and im undergeared for act 2-3)

10-20mil. Might be worth it to just start bids at like 7m and cross your fingers. Everyone is searching for crit/crit rings anyway so a lot of people will see it.

The rings with buyouts are all overpriced right now so it's difficult to price against them.

Bradach

Some barb advice please.

Just started inferno and I can get through normal monsters ok but I'm getting destroyed by any champion / elites.

Some specs below;

DMG: 10,750
ARM: 6439
Resist: all approx 150
VIT: 30,000
LOH: 628

What should I boost so I can survive act 1 at least?

If the answer is everything, what should I start with?

eek5

Some barb advice please.

Just started inferno and I can get through normal monsters ok but I'm getting destroyed by any champion / elites.

Some specs below;

I'd boost resist first then damage (str). If you can post your gear it'd be easier to advise you on what would be the cheapest items to upgrade to get you through A1i.

Mayyhem

10-20mil. Might be worth it to just start bids at like 7m and cross your fingers. Everyone is searching for crit/crit rings anyway so a lot of people will see it.

The rings with buyouts are all overpriced right now so it's difficult to price against them.
AWESOME. Thats like a huge jackpot for me man. Thanks for the post.
Some barb advice please.

Some specs below;

Start with All resistance if your going as a tanky barb (looks like you are). than slowly work on your life

eek5

You might even get more TBH. I'd definitely leave it open bidding. You can start it at 10+ mil open bid if you don't feel comfortable lower than that. The ring has 5 useful stats to a lightning monk so it's something I could see people spending money foolishly for.

koji

Getting a bit bored farming act1 with my WD, running with a summoner build and 235MF. Thinking about starting a melee character, what do you guys think? Barb or monk, what say you, internet! :)

Also, any tricks on levelling a new toon, stacking + exp?

Bradach

Start with All resistance if your going as a tanky barb (looks like you are). than slowly work on your life
Thanks. I suspected they were low. What would be a minimum resistance number?

Insaniac

Active
Archon
Force Weapon
Familiar
?
?
?

Passive
Critical Mass
Evocation
Glass Cannon

ditch evocation and use blur or something else like temporal flux

use wicked wind in energy tornado for proccing critical mass. force armor with prismatic if you need res, or pinpoint barrier for more DPS. I always use diamond skin.

with my wizard only at 18000 DPS, 40% crit chance and 149% crit damage, I can hit normal A1 inferno mobs for 90k crit damage.

rCIZZLE

Pvsne.png

Just got this off my A2 inferno playthrough on my barb. Never selling another unid again.

(ignore the crappy gem - took this right before belial and didn't want to lose stacks to upgrade it)

Kenaras

So this dropped earlier tonight:

M7R62.jpg

I tried to price check it, but only two other shields with similar stats came up. Both of them had worse overall stats, with a 30 million and 50 million minimum bid each. That sounds absurd to me; I'm guessing the sellers are living in fantasyland. Any idea what this shield would actually be worth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom