• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

I pretty much make my Diablo living off of people starting with low minimum bids. Just sniped a chest piece worth at least 7-8 million for 300k. :lol

Having sold everything off, I don't really have the gold to do that anymore. A good portion of the money I've made is thanks to that though (as well as the Act 3 chest that just kept giving and giving).

When did Xbows start having Max Disc? Don't recall ever seeing it.

Since day one. It's just hand crossbows, not full size or bows.

Sooooo.... Looking for a 1k dps ceremonial dagger... anybody got one?

Also, why does nobody buy my shit? I have good stuff... main stat, vit, all res... put on RMAH for 1.25/4.99 buyout... sold maybe 1 outta 50.

These days people want Crit, Crit, and more Crit.

Heh, I wish I was in the same boat. That said, what can you buy with bnet balance? I heard there was a good deal of items they forbid you from using the balance on.

I may just end up buying one large ticket item with it, like a weapon or something. Last night I was feeling stupid so I put my entire set of gear on the RMAH for $250 a piece (going to PayPal). So far none of it has sold, but on the off chance that all of it sells I'll just buy a big item, resell it for PayPal, and then quit I guess lol.

But if none of it sells, I guess I'll just use it to upgrade my weapon.

The only thing they forbid you from using it on are like WoW subscriptions or something. Nothing in game.

Sooooo.... Looking for a 1k dps ceremonial dagger... anybody got one?

Also, why does nobody buy my shit? I have good stuff... main stat, vit, all res... put on RMAH for 1.25/4.99 buyout... sold maybe 1 outta 50.

If main stat is strength, it should definitely sell. Unless the main stat, vit, or all res are really low.

If the main stat is dex, ehh.. maybe. Demon Hunters just want dex and don't care (as much) about vit or all res, and monks just want dex and all res, and don't care (as much) about vit.

Ketch

Demon Hunters just want dex and don't care (as much) about vit or all res, and monks just want dex and all res, and don't care (as much) about vit.

thanks, this is good information.

Also, what do you consider high stats... for main stats I normally look like 100+, vit around 75+ and one res or all res like 40 or better...

sound right to you?

Do armor values factor in anywhere besides shield?

Side note,

Anyone at the beginning of Act 2 want to do some coop? PM and i'll send you my battle tag

Another side note,

Anyone else notice how bad gold spammers are getting in general chat... seems like they are the only ones posting nowadays.

Anustart

Finally stopped piddling around and bought a piece of gear thats making a difference, and allowing me to see how my build will turn out.

Picked up and amulet with loh, crit damage, int and lps I believe. Healing is going to he cake once I get more pieces.

Plan is to get loh where I can on the cheap, and stack lps as much as possible. Also, my dream ceremonial dagger is 800+ dps, 14 mana regen, loh, ls and socket. Int and or vit if possible.

jfkgoblue

Just got these, from what I can tell, they seem to be in the low million range, but I am not sure, as I am pretty bad at guessing prices

ZsX5h.png

So I got like 6 emails of
An auction associated with this Diablo III account has encountered an issue and has been cancelled for the protection of the parties involved. While we strive to minimize any auction cancellations and regret the inconvenience involved, keeping the auction house safe and secure is something we take very seriously. Any funds used to participate in this auction will be returned to the buyer, and the item will be returned to the seller in the Diablo III auction house “Completed” tab.

Thank you for your understanding in this matter. Please feel free to post/bid on the item again and otherwise continue to use the Diablo III auction house as you would normally.

Regards,

Blizzard Entertainment
Diablo III Customer Support
http://battle.net/support

And now I can't log into my account. Did I get hacked? :(

Edit: Battle.net says I'm suspended from the game and banned from the AH...

LordCanti

So I got like 6 emails of

And now I can't log into my account. Did I get hacked? :(

Edit: Battle.net says I'm suspended from the game and banned from the AH...

Happened to a lot of people. Check the Blizzard forums. Sadly you'll probably need to wait till Monday to get it resolved, considering the holiday.

Hojaho

Finally stopped piddling around and bought a piece of gear thats making a difference, and allowing me to see how my build will turn out.

Picked up and amulet with loh, crit damage, int and lps I believe. Healing is going to he cake once I get more pieces.

Plan is to get loh where I can on the cheap, and stack lps as much as possible. Also, my dream ceremonial dagger is 800+ dps, 14 mana regen, loh, ls and socket. Int and or vit if possible.

Hey can you post/explain your build please ? :)

I'm working on my WD atm. What I don't get is why pets have to be so terrible. I just got to Nightmare and they die really fast now. Like couldn't they scale the numbers just a little bit better. Its like they dont even try.

eek5

Everything is stored server side right?

I think I'm gonna uninstall this for a while.

Yeah. Even your key bindings are server-side

I'm working on my WD atm. What I don't get is why pets have to be so terrible. I just got to Nightmare and they die really fast now. Like couldn't they scale the numbers just a little bit better. Its like they dont even try.

Well the HP doesn't scale.. AT ALL right now so that's the main reason. Even when you stack godly defenses for them they still die fast because their TTL is so short due to low health pool.

Crap I can't live without AH.

I need to level up witch doctor but now i'm like 7 levels above my weapon and it takes 3 shots to kill mobs on nightmare...

Same for my monk ...

So till they fix it i can only farm act 1 of inferno.

zoukka

Hehe if the AH is down, I have zero interest in playing the actual game (which is shit). In fact, without AH I'd say Diablo 3 is a pretty poor game gameplay wise.

Then again I play WD.

7 level 63 weapons today. none higher than 400 dps. Seriously lawl

I am at 120 hours and have found one weapon above 1000 DPS (just over and no other useful stats) and only 2-3 about 800 (but below 900). Garbage. Meanwhile my brother found two amulets tonight that will probably be worth $350-400. Fuck.

LordCanti

I've found two weapons over 1000 DPS. One of them was a 1200 DPS 2H lance and the other was a 2H axe. Both of them were just about worthless.

Rufus

Then again I play WD.
I'm really glad I switched to Barb. The tank build isn't that exciting to play, granted, but it's a whole lot less annoying than to kite everything. Shame my WD gear isn't worth anything, or I would have stripped him naked already...

aznpxdd

I'm really glad I switched to Barb. The tank build isn't that exciting to play, granted, but it's a whole lot less annoying than to kite everything. Shame my WD gear isn't worth anything, or I would have stripped him naked already...

Donate to me :p

I just started a WD!

Rufus

Donate to me :p

I just started a WD!
I'm on EU. I wouldn't give it away, anyway.
I need monies so I can be done with Inferno and then play something else already. Maybe I can get something for the stuff after all, who knows.

What's wrong with WD ?

I'm in nightmare mode and so far it seems like very fun class to play (better than wizard)
Do you use pets at all? If so, enjoy it while it lasts.

Well i replaced zombie dogs with totem but i still use gargantuan. Totem is amazing in co-op games :)

BTW what equip do you have ? I might be interested in buying it in few days.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
Sweet action! I just bought these for 500k. They're actually worth at least a couple million right?

s52wu.jpg

Rufus

Well i replaced zombie dogs with totem but i still use gargantuan. Totem is amazing in co-op games :)

BTW what equip do you have ? I might be interested in buying it in few days.
I imagine co-op to be a lot more manageable for a WD in general. Solo is tedious.

Nothing amazing. It's good enough for Act 1, though. I'll make some screenshots when I can get back into the game.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
A thought just occurred to me...what if the guy who bought BBG's 1200 DPS one hander was a golf farmer/flipper who mistakenly thought that the buyout price was 25 million?

Lord Phol

So after alot of butcher runs and finally being able to complete act 2 I think it's time to start farming act 2.
I'm not really sure how to start though, any ideas? Like what chapter should one start at, where do you get nephalem valor the quickest? Is it worth it to kill bosses, which bosses?

BTW: Anyone started looking into pvp gear yet? I know it's a far way off but might as well snatch some cheap gear when you get the chance.

Rufus

So after alot of butcher runs and finally being able to complete act 2 I think it's time to start farming act 2.
I'm not really sure how to start though, any ideas? Like what chapter should one start at, where do you get nephalem valor the quickest? Is it worth it to kill bosses, which bosses?

BTW: Anyone started looking into pvp gear yet? I know it's a far way off but might as well snatch some cheap gear when you get the chance.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=39415940&postcount=13928

Would PvP gear be diffrent than normal one ?

You probably want LoH, crit chance, IAS , crit dmg, movement speed + armor/all res.

Lord Phol

Totakeke

I don't know about you guys that think you're sniping items at a good deal at this point, but I don't think anyone is actually buying stuff much in the current market. Me as a seller, is undercutting people by 10-20% percent, then putting bids only at 20% of my buyout, and then find that my items are selling near the opening bidding prices.

Basically it seems that the seller's market is mostly dead.

Xanathus

Hm, I'm not really sure. But I was thinking resistance and survival gear might not be the most important stats since I'm guessing most fights will end quite quickly anyways. Movement speed is probably a must though.

If anything it would be the exact opposite, Blizzard wants to make fights last somewhat long (like WoW arena) so it doesn't just become a nukefest so I'd imagine damage stats will be reduced while defensive stats remain the same.

I don't know about you guys that think you're sniping items at a good deal at this point, but I don't think anyone is actually buying stuff much in the current market. Me as a seller, is undercutting people by 10-20% percent, then putting bids only at 20% of my buyout, and then find that my items are selling near the opening bidding prices.

Basically it seems that the seller's market is mostly dead.
A lot of people have stopped playing, I imagine market will keep dropping until PVP comes out.

Lord Phol

If anything it would be the exact opposite, Blizzard wants to make fights last somewhat long (like WoW arena) so it doesn't just become a nukefest so I'd imagine damage stats will be reduced while defensive stats remain the same.

Ah okey, well that's quite nice really. I was just going by what they said earlier about PvP just being something fun they throw in without much care about balancing. Imagining all the nuke possibilities most classes have with all the CC would make most fights quite short.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sweet action! I just bought these for 500k. They're actually worth at least a couple million right?

s52wu.jpg

in theory

20+ mil

Just put up bracers which would have gone at 5 mil (lowest buyout) sold for 150k

so demand may not be suggestive of what's sitting in there (obviously)

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Just put a weapon up for auction, go outside for some fresh air for a couple minutes... Come in to see the auction fly past 100k

Today... Will be a good day!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Can illusions crit (even if they do no damage)? Do those crits count towards your crit count? Say, if you have critical mass as a passive skill, would your illusions' crits have a chance to reduce spell cooldown as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom