• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Penny

With all of those? Or are you saying any one of those kills you? Because they aren't that terrible. The bombs they lob are kind of annoying and hit hard, but eh....

The actual hard elites in Act 4 are the Morlu Incinerators. With even slightly bad mods those things can ruin an entire run quickly. They all have teleport, which means you can get all of maybe 2 hits in before they teleport and slam another meteor on your head. Annoying if it's just them on the screen, but devastating if a Mallet Lord or something also happens to be around. Those things are just crazy...

They have multiple abilities like my screenshot above. People just quit because they get raped. It's not like you can kite whatsoever against them with a melee.

Ckid

Anyone know what this is worth? Probably the best item i have found so far.

hK02t.png

RDreamer

They have multiple abilities like my screenshot above. People just quit because they get raped. It's not like you can kite whatsoever against them with a melee.

I don't see a screenshot, but I've kited them before. Usually I duo with a wizard (I'm a monk) and I don't remember ever getting snagged on those guys. I think once we did when there were a bunch of witches (and possible elite witches) around that do that terrible half armor debuff, but other than that I can't remember. My non duos did fine, too, though most of the time that's me and a barb or me and another monk with 2 DPS and the stacking abilities really helps there. I dunno, the place that I see people quitting for rape is near the end of the act against those incinerators, never right at the beginning.

vhfive

So I was bitching before about how I got banned for doing nothing wrong. I guess someone overseas somewhere hacked my shit and started doing sketchy stuff. Luckily Blizzard's support was pretty responsive (even though its the 4th of July) and I can play again.
Hooray :D

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So I have 6 lvl 63 unidentified items, 3 weapons (all 1 hand) and 3 armor pieces, I'm afraid to identify them...

Tom Penny

I don't see a screenshot, but I've kited them before. Usually I duo with a wizard (I'm a monk) and I don't remember ever getting snagged on those guys. I think once we did when there were a bunch of witches (and possible elite witches) around that do that terrible half armor debuff, but other than that I can't remember. My non duos did fine, too, though most of the time that's me and a barb or me and another monk with 2 DPS and the stacking abilities really helps there. I dunno, the place that I see people quitting for rape is near the end of the act against those incinerators, never right at the beginning.

Good luck with melee's that aren't ludicrous barbarian.

http://i.imgur.com/LcA4r.jpg

Rufus

That's no problem for me. The only affixes that I hate on my barb are shielding, nightmarish, and jailer.
Nightmarish is so annoying on ranged mobs. Knockback as well. I wish actual proximity to the mob would have a chance to proc that, not their projectiles. Mortar Knockback/Nightmarish is especially stupid. Get knocked back in range of mortars, get hit by mortars and knocked back even further.

RDreamer

That's no problem for me. The only affixes that I hate on my barb are shielding, nightmarish, and jailer.

The ones I hate on my monk are any ranged (and especially witches) that are plagued (or sometimes molten), shielding, and paired up with something like jailer. If it's jailer and frozen or something, then it's just a death trap. Basically if I'm not hitting stuff my health is dropping if I'm sitting in plagued, and if they have 2 ways of making me not hit stuff (like shielding and jailer or jailer and frozen or whatever combination will do), then I'm screwed.

Illusionist is also probably my least favorite single affix in and of itself. It usually means I get near an enrage timer.

Artanisix

WotB will never leave my bar.

It depends on the act for me... in act 1 and 2 I prefer to use leap since there aren't enough mobs to sustain infinite WotB. In a3 and 4 I use WotB instead of leap since there are so many mobs and I need the extra crit/movement speed/attack speed/dodge.

Anyone know what this is worth? Probably the best item i have found so far.

hK02t.png

My wiz use bow and xbow because it's way better (and usually cheaper) then any other same stats item. Also, wiz with Xbow is much more cooler than wiz with two hand mace or sword or whatever

eek5

Add Arcane Enchanted to the mix and you have a winning combo :p

Nah then you'd just die. The nightmare/mortar/waller was basically 2 minutes of me getting fearlocked until WotB came off CD. They couldn't kill me but I also couldn't do anything because they had mortar range at all distances and I'd instantly get feared on hit.

Revoh

Those kind of games play better in "bursts". I mean, I have a hard time seeing anyone play hundred of hours monthly for the next few years.

Yeah, I guess. I have 250 hours with my barb, I've been playing since day 1 a few hours every day. It's just not fun anymore, farming items is easy but really boring now, when a month ago was hard and fun.
Also I couldn't care less about PvP, I hope Blizzard add something else to keep us hooked. I don't know what that else could be, haven't played D1/D2 so I can't really compare D3 to those games in terms of endgame stuff

Fularu

Banned
Nah then you'd just die. The nightmare/mortar/waller was basically 2 minutes of me getting fearlocked until WotB came off CD. They couldn't kill me but I also couldn't do anything because they had mortar range at all distances and I'd instantly get feared on hit.
That was my combo earlier. I think some affixes should be mutually exclusive.

I hope they fix the fear bug soon

eek5

That was my combo earlier. I think some affixes should be mutually exclusive.

I hope they fix the fear bug soon

I started running pacifism on my monk for combos where there is nightmarish and some DoT/damage like desecrator/molten/arcane. With health regen I basically get feared and can run through all that stuff taking no damage and actually heal while I'm feared. It was my solution to having serenity on CD. When a shitload of arcane sentries get dropped down I actually hope that I get feared so I can run through them with increased DR.

Maybe when they find out players are benefiting from fearlock they'll fix it :lol

Cipherr

Nightmare fearlock is such horse crap.

When mobs like those tall lanky things in Zoltun Kulles area get them, you can get cheesed into a death. Those mobs can be the type that throw the ice orbs that slow you, the poison ones, or the fire ones that throw fire patches on the ground near you.

If its a fire patch that happens to be an elite, they will throw fire patches beneath you, and each tick has a chance to fear. I had one hit me, fear me into a corner, while feared I was boxed in by normal mobs in the area, they then repeatedly threw patches of fire underneath me in that corner, I was taking multiple strikes per second, enough to keep me perma-feared for over 18 seconds while I slowly died, at no point was there a gap where I actually had control and could leap out of the corner or kill the mobs boxing me in.

Put some goddamn diminishing returns on that crap man....

Nightmare fearlock is such horse crap.

When mobs like those tall lanky things in Zoltun Kulles area get them, you can get cheesed into a death. Those mobs can be the type that throw the ice orbs that slow you, the poison ones, or the fire ones that throw fire patches on the ground near you.

If its a fire patch that happens to be an elite, they will throw fire patches beneath you, and each tick has a chance to fear. I had one hit me, fear me into a corner, while feared I was boxed in by normal mobs in the area, they then repeatedly threw patches of fire underneath me in that corner, I was taking multiple strikes per second, enough to keep me perma-feared for over 18 seconds while I slowly died, at no point was there a gap where I actually had control and could leap out of the corner or kill the mobs boxing me in.

Put some goddamn diminishing returns on that crap man....

Once i had 2 packs at the same time. One was horde, both were nightmarish. One was invulnerable minions. Good times

Xanathus

It's fairly obvious that the elites have been intentionally stealth buffed and they're trying to gauge reaction to it, not based on forum threads but actual player count numbers and in-game statistics. So now that mob normal damage has been lowered but elites are still crazy tough, players with mid-tier Inferno gear will be able to beat Diablo with a bunch of map reloads in order to get past levels and elites but they still need to farm high-end gear (read: buy stuff in the RMAH) in order to be able to reliably farm.

foladar

Yeah I looked at my other auctions on rings

They all have bids but I don't see it

They are showing the same numbers I had at 6 am

so 12 hours without having an update to any bid? That does not sound right

I had an item on rmah show a bid then nothing, I still got my $$ though.

sleepykyo

It's fairly obvious that the elites have been intentionally stealth buffed and they're trying to gauge reaction to it, not based on forum threads but actual player count numbers and in-game statistics. So now that mob normal damage has been lowered but elites are still crazy tough, players with mid-tier Inferno gear will be able to beat Diablo with a bunch of map reloads in order to get past levels and elites but they still need to farm high-end gear (read: buy stuff in the RMAH) in order to be able to reliably farm.

I thought it was the elemental damage that got stealth buffed.

Xanathus

I thought it was the elemental damage that got stealth buffed.
I think what actually got buffed is the proc rate of elite skills which would explain why non-damage skills like waller, frozen and nightmare are getting spammed like crazy. For stuff like fire chains and arcane sentry, when you're being hit by them you're actually getting hit multiple times so if the trigger rate has been say doubled then their damage has also been doubled.

RDreamer

I kind of doubt it's intentional, and it isn't just the elites. I think it's the elemental damage. Go to the keep in Act 3 and stand on one of those fire gates. Did you last more than a second? Yeah.... Those things hurt a lot more than they should and a lot more than they did.

witch doctor here with a weapon question:

I currently have an 800 dps one hander:
306-835 damage
1.4 speed
150 int

are the relevant stats

would the following be a good upgrade? I'm unclear on how important the int is
615-1021
1.2 speed
40 int

what kind of stats should I have if i'm trying to work through act 2? I'm getting wrecked by the elite enemies

(wizard)

I'd like to know this too. I'm playing a WD with 25k damage, 25k health, ~450 AR and feel like I'm walking on the edge the whole time.

My rings suck and I need to replace my chest, belt, pants and boots so I have a lot of wiggle room to play with.

I need to invest in some crit %, crit damage and attack speed but I don't really know which will give me the most bang for buck at this stage. Been focusing on Int and AR so I think
/hope
those other stats would boost my damage a fair amount.

Edit: should mention I usually group with two monks so my damage needs more priority than my health.

RDreamer

Seems kinda fair. Elites drop more but hit harder.

I guess. I mean I can get through them still, so it doesn't bother me a ton. The weird things like constructs and the grates in the keep doing way more than they realistically should do bother me a bit, though. But the thing is that they aren't admitting it at all. On the forums they said they'd check over things but they didn't make those changes at all. My personal theory is something happened when they changed the item levels of the elite drops they somehow changed the monster levels or something too, but I don't really know much of anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom