• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only true Diablo fans knows how fucked up this game is.
I am not crazy like Yoshichan, so I didn't even tried Inferno the way it is now, but all his criticism plus thr DRM made me give up on it 2 weeks after it launched.

I'll be back when they fix a lot of those things, so maybe in an year or 2. For now the best thing DIII did for me was reinstalling D2

True diablo fan and you couldn't even get one character to 60?

Kunohara

I dunno, even at like level 30 I was selling stuff for 5-10k easily. Even flipped a level 17 legendary for 50k. Are you selling stuff that classes want?

Yeah, I do know what other classes want. I have 3 friends I play with that play different classes, and they've let me know what they need. Plus reading this thread and finding out what other classes need. I just don't know how else to sell shit. It's mind boggling. I mean, my items are not great, but I should be able to get something out of them right? If people right now are only interested in the best shit, even the gold auction house will crash and burn.

My main character is a monk at 60, in the middle of act 1 inferno. I'm having no problems so far, I just need better damage. I can tank shit, but it takes forever to kill. So I really need gold bad right now. I've only got 90k on me.

DSmalls84

I don't really want to spend cash on the rmah but I guess if I can sell my stuff I will use the proceeds for gear. I really liked using the Gold ah and it's kind of hard for me to spend cash on in game items. Good to see some of the items I have looked for are in the $3-5 range though.

rCIZZLE

But but but but Yoshi... we never got to play together! :(

; ;

; ;

#commitssodoku

sudokuwatch.jpg

Neki

Someone was asking for tips on farming earlier, and my tip to you is get an MF set and use it every time you're about to kill an elite or boss. It's extremely helpful. Not sure if melee can do that though. :p

Wallach

It makes sense and I'll be surprised if they don't eventually do something like this to discourage gear switching. I don't know if it would be good or bad, but the way it is now kinda goes against the philosophy they have with this game.

I'm pretty certain they will never make gear switching remove NV stacks. They need to push NV up and MF gear itself down; either make the act of switching gear for MF reasons irrelevant altogether by detaching MF from itemization, or strictly punish MF from itemization only when gear swapping. The other day when this topic came up here I suggested a short debuff (probably needs no more than 30 seconds) to reduce MF to (0+NV) if equipment slots are changed in combat. I'd much rather see them take the more elegant solution of reworking MF around NV though because using reductionist feedback on players for this issue will penalize some players that don't need to be penalized no matter how you go about it.

Someone was asking for tips on farming earlier, and my tip to you is get an MF set and use it every time you're about to kill an elite or boss. It's extremely helpful. Not sure if melee can do that though. :p

I do it on Inferno Siegebreaker runs as a Barb, but it's quite a challenge for most of the groups. 80% of them usually end with getting the last mob down to about 20k or so, and then running around in circles trying to put the gear on as I wait for my Enchantress and broken Tyreal to finish it off.

rCIZZLE

How? What happened?

I'm not sure exactly what killed him but it happened in A3. They killed him pretty fast since he was pretty calm before I heard "oh im dead". It'll be up on youtube soon I'm sure.

I live and work in Japan and I'm not having any trouble playing on the American servers.

He means NA server downtime occurs during the free time on 1-2 nights a week for working people in that area.

Sarcasm

Just started my first HC character and I didn't go the girles route. I went melee. Though I am not man enough for monk..I chose BB.

Tacitus_

Bleh, RNG within RNG sucks. Just need to get the liquid rainbow to make the staff and I can't get the chest to spawn when I get the dungeon to spawn.

scy

@Kungen - Is he back to playing Barb? His stint as a Monk was almost offensive with how bad his skill layout was.

@Inferno difficulty/progression - Like I said, I think the difficulty woes / "melee are terrible!" gripes are unfounded. The fact that the ranged classes can farm with shitty gear / DPS only gear is a problem and I don't really know if the higher repair bill will do much against them. That and it equally hurts struggling progressing melee, but it should also clue you in that you should get back to an earlier area / Act for farming (and/or switch builds; your build is equally, if not more, important to your gear for progression).

Gearing closer towards a tanky DPS build for Wizard/WD/DH is just as expensive and/or time-intensive farming and it's kind of a shame our only incentive for going that route is, "I like to occasionally just get hit." Hopefully leveling the damage output will help.

Edit: I think Hardcore is a good indicator of what progression should have been like with everyone gearing survival + DPS.

I think I am saying this wrong. I think I meant not girly as in easy, argh whats the word I am looking for?

Didn't want a female character? Or is this going to be a girly = ranged thing :x

LordAlu

Bleh, RNG within RNG sucks. Just need to get the liquid rainbow to make the staff and I can't get the chest to spawn when I get the dungeon to spawn.
I actually didn't have much trouble with Liquid Rainbow, it only took about ten runs in the cave to get it. Gibbering Gemstone though... that tooke me 7 hours of constant runs... I think I ran through the Caverns about 65 times before Chiltara finally spawned!

colinp

Banned
I'm not sure exactly what killed him but it happened in A3. They killed him pretty fast since he was pretty calm before I heard "oh im dead". It'll be up on youtube soon I'm sure.

He means NA server downtime occurs during the free time on 1-2 nights a week for working people in that area.

Oh I see, yeah I guess I have enough other things to play/occupy myself with that it doesn't bother me so much, but I can understand the annoyance.

eek5

It makes sense and I'll be surprised if they don't eventually do something like this to discourage gear switching. I don't know if it would be good or bad, but the way it is now kinda goes against the philosophy they have with this game.

As a Barbarian that makes legitimate gear swaps and kills the majority of champion/elite packs with 0 gear-assisted MF, I'm strongly against this idea. Don't punish me because ranged classes are abusing the way they designed MF to work.

I wish they would take out buy out prices and let you change the time of auction.

Also let you cancel a posting if no bids were made.

That would let the economy dictate the price of gear.

As it is right now, the economy is too inflated.

Totakeke

@Kungen - Is he back to playing Barb? His stint as a Monk was almost offensive with how bad his skill layout was.

@Inferno difficulty/progression - Like I said, I think the difficulty woes / "melee are terrible!" gripes are unfounded. The fact that the ranged classes can farm with shitty gear / DPS only gear is a problem and I don't really know if the higher repair bill will do much against them. That and it equally hurts struggling progressing melee, but it should also clue you in that you should get back to an earlier area / Act for farming (and/or switch builds; your build is equally, if not more, important to your gear for progression).

Gearing closer towards a tanky DPS build for Wizard/WD/DH is just as expensive and/or time-intensive farming and it's kind of a shame our only incentive for going that route is, "I like to occasionally just get hit." Hopefully leveling the damage output will help.

Edit: I think Hardcore is a good indicator of what progression should have been like with everyone gearing survival + DPS.

Didn't want a female character? Or is this going to be a girly = ranged thing :x

Yeah, people always judge based on the route of least resistance and not actually what's possible. Can't blame anyone though.

I'd roll a wizard for HC but my first HC character already died due to a computer crash it doesn't seem like I can stop my computer from crashing at random times.

Neki

And to all the people saying all res is too expensive on a DH, only 5 of my pieces actually have all res, the rest are dps pieces. :p

scy

I'm pretty certain they will never make gear switching remove NV stacks. They need to push NV up and MF gear itself down; either make the act of switching gear for MF reasons irrelevant altogether by detaching MF from itemization, or strictly punish MF from itemization only when gear swapping. The other day when this topic came up here I suggested a short debuff (probably needs no more than 30 seconds) to reduce MF to (0+NV) if equipment slots are changed in combat. I'd much rather see them take the more elegant solution of reworking MF around NV though because using reductionist feedback on players for this issue will penalize some players that don't need to be penalized no matter how you go about it.

The only issue with a short debuff is that, when soloing, my MF gear destroys my DPS (thanks Three Hundredth Spear!) so leaving a boss with like 50k HP means that I'll actually take a minute to finish him off :x

But, yes, I do agree that tweaking MF/NV functionality is better than "lol nerf."

As a Barbarian that makes legitimate gear swaps and kills the majority of champion/elite packs with 0 gear-assisted MF, I'm strongly against this idea. Don't punish me because ranged classes are abusing the way they designed MF to work.

To be honest, I'd rather they just dropped it entirely and I say that as a Monk who kept a ~1000 DPS 2H around to swap in for burst damage moments when soloing. Just feels weird to be changing equipment mid-combat when everything in my experience tells me I shouldn't be able to :x

I'd say just mid-combat MF swap should just not have the MF kick in until combat ends. But, again, I'd rather them just tweak MF/NV instead of something like this.

Number45

Weirdly, I joined a public game in Act II last night and ported to the other guy and he'd just looted that chest... and I already have the staff crafted! Sorry, this isn't helping you is it? :(

I really hate playing that level, and I'm not sure why. Haven't even bothered with the Hell version yet.

Neki

Well, grinding back a few of those deaths wasn't all that bad with ZK runs. Now he has to do it legitimately so that's like ... five hours or so.

Isn't there a new Belial exploit? Kripp was doing it earlier to level his backup barb.

Tacitus_

I actually didn't have much trouble with Liquid Rainbow, it only took about ten runs in the cave to get it. Gibbering Gemstone though... that tooke me 7 hours of constant runs... I think I ran through the Caverns about 65 times before Chiltara finally spawned!

I've been running it for the past 1,5 hours. I've managed to spawn the damn cave only three times :|

scy

Isn't there a new Belial exploit? Kripp was doing it earlier to level his backup barb.

Maybe. I haven't kept up with these. Honestly, just plowing content with +EXP per kill/+EXP% Gem is pretty fast as well for EXP. And probably more interesting for the person running you than boss kill runs.

panty

Since the community thread is dead I'm asking here.

I think this is a great amulet for a barb? Anyone wants to buy it/name a price for it, might have overpriced it @AH :lol

RVHkS.png

Riggs

Banned
Yoshi rage quit? Could someone post a link to his post where he said this? The thread moves too damn fast for me to keep up, lol!

Personally I love the game. I don't see me playing it as much as D2, but I'll be dabbling with it periodically for years to come I'm sure. You know, after I get one of each class up to level 60. And I still need to get just ONE class to 60. Level 58 wizard, slowly climbing his way up....
He quit, sucks man. Few pages back would link but on mobile. I feel same as you, sure I ll play but I stopped going hardcore mode a few days ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom