• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoufu

Since the community thread is dead I'm asking here.

I think this is a great amulet for a barb? Anyone wants to buy it/name a price for it, might have overpriced it @AH :lol

RVHkS.png

If this had attack speed on it I'd go all in.

You're looking at a couple million at least though.

BigDug13

I'm not sure exactly what killed him but it happened in A3. They killed him pretty fast since he was pretty calm before I heard "oh im dead". It'll be up on youtube soon I'm sure.

He means NA server downtime occurs during the free time on 1-2 nights a week for working people in that area.

It's gone down at 9pm Japan time the last two nights. At least it's not 6 or 7 like it was the previous weeks. I got plenty of time in before they shut down both yesterday and today.

Lexxon

I actually didn't have much trouble with Liquid Rainbow, it only took about ten runs in the cave to get it. Gibbering Gemstone though... that tooke me 7 hours of constant runs... I think I ran through the Caverns about 65 times before Chiltara finally spawned!

Man did I ever get lucky with some of these.

Friend and I got the mushroom on our first run through Act I normal on launch day saying "WTF is this mushroom". Got the leg(?) from the fireplace on my 2nd try. Rainbow first or second try. Plans maybe after 5 tries. Only one that took a ton of time was the rare mob on the second floor of the "Caverns of Frost"(?). That took about an hour or two of farming.

Might be missing a piece, but overall I got it pretty easily compared to some of you guys. Makes up for the fact I keep getting terrible loot! (Granted I don't even have a 60 yet)

I did manage to sell my crappy legendary sword with Hatred regen for $5 battle.net funnybux this morning. Silly, silly.

DSmalls84

I've been running it for the past 1,5 hours. I've managed to spawn the damn cave only three times :|

I'm not sure if you know this already but in Act 2 Oasis there are 2 places the mysterious cave can spawn. One is at the bottom of the map and the other is up and on the right side of the map. I found the liquid Rainbow fairly quickly but the gibbering gemstone was a pain. Still collected all the parts and the plans in 4-5 hours though.

windz

Lol woke up to find messages on my phone saying one of my wizards rings sold for 75$ after all the deductions and another piece of gear (not even sure what it was tbh) sold for $20.

Works for me.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I've been having a lot of fun with this game. Just checked out the official forums for the first time...

yeeeeeesh!!!

scosher

I actually didn't have much trouble with Liquid Rainbow, it only took about ten runs in the cave to get it. Gibbering Gemstone though... that tooke me 7 hours of constant runs... I think I ran through the Caverns about 65 times before Chiltara finally spawned!

If anyone's got a few friends to run with who also needs this, an easier way to get Liquid Rainbow and Gibbering Gemstone for everyone is to each run your own instance, and as soon as someone finds the rare spawn Chiltara or finds the mysterious chest, that person can just invite everyone to his game.

Macattk15

And you're in denial of the truth, I think you have a problem.

That is your personal opinion. I enjoy this game for what it is. I don't sit in this thread and praise my phat loots and the fun co-op times I'm having just to rage-out and sell all my shit the next day.

I could go back and find specific posts ... but it's just not worth my time.

I don't need to be playing Diablo 3 for 3 years. I'm enjoying it today and I will until the next game I'm looking forward to comes around.

I'm sorry you don't like the game, you don't need to be in here shitting it up for the people who do.

You could always survive in good SHMUPS. You cannot survive all Diablo 3 mobs even if you played tool assisted :b

Also can someone give me a rundown of what I need for the inferno staff of herding?

You need to get past Izual in inferno and buy the plans for the infernal staff of herding from that vendor next to the healer in Bastions keep. Of course, you can also just hitch a waypoint to Diablo act IV inferno, buy it and leave.

V_Arnold

You need to get past Izual in inferno and buy the plans for the infernal staff of herding from that vendor next to the healer in Bastions keep. Of course, you can also just hitch a waypoint to Diablo act IV inferno, buy it and leave.

That is not possible though after the patch, right? As in one has to be in Act IV legitimately.

codecow

It will be interesting to see how things develop but now that there is the RMAH it kind of breaks the game at least in terms of progression if you choose to use it. It is an appealing shortcut but I don't think I'm going to pull the trigger on it, there's no point.

I bought gold on WoW, but that was to buy consumables and stuff so I could play the actual game (raiding) without having to do the tedious work of farming (except for Whipper Roots). You couldn't buy anything good with gold.

In D3 now it seems like people are still selling the best 1H stuff on the gold AH to get around the $250 price limit. So it will be interesting to see what happens. I think I'm done with it for the time being until they change the drop tables.

Rufus

I'm beginning to hate WD. I really need my pets to be useful, unless I don't want to be running away all the time, which this game tries desperately to discourage with nothing but annoying crap. :/
And some of the affixes... Argh... Extra Health, Shielding, Invulnerable Minions. Fuck right off.

I am serious. I am not touching another click'n'slash-game though.

[...]

Me, along with every single buddy of mine that hyped the game. Most of us have already re-installed Diablo 2.
Dude. Dinosaur. Green dinosaur. Green dinosaur with squishy nose.

Number45

That is not possible though after the patch, right? As in one has to be in Act IV legitimately.
I couldn't find the plans at the vendor at all (and I tried a few times) until after I got the drop from Izual. Only took about ten attempts on normal though if I remember correctly, so not too bad.

RDreamer

Sweet, another item sold on the RMAH. Sold a witch doctor mojo for 30 bucks. I still had that on my battle.net balance, but whatever. I'm going to think of that stuff as just being sold for in game shit, so I'm getting a storm shield.

This is no hyperbole, I am done with this game.

Me, along with every single buddy of mine that hyped the game. Most of us have already re-installed Diablo 2.

No. I simply do not have time to play D3 when there are much, much better games out there. I truly am out of this train. The only times I'll be playing this game is when I'm going to be helping people out with pre-inferno-stuff.

Diablo III doesn't know what it wants to do. They made gold way too powerful, which is okay, but they also kept nerfing every possible gold-farm-location in the game. The loot-drop-table is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced in gaming. The inferno-act2/3-scaling is abysmal (they're going to fix this in 1.0.3 though). The soundtrack overall isn't memorable enough. Most runes are boring as fuck. There are still cookie-cutter builds in this game. PvP is officially ruined because of how fucked up the economy and gear is. RMAH affected the gold in-game way too much. The balance between melee and range is terrible. Oh, and when I beat the game on inferno, I felt done with the game.

I can keep going. It's just a mess overall.

you got problems

Neki

People finally realized that high DPS weapons are worth more than $250 dollars on the RMAH, and all the good ones are gone, because selling a weapon that is worth $250 dollars basically buys you the best equipment in the game that could be worth more than $250. Now all you have are shitty blues on the AH.

dat hoarding economy

Cheeto

People finally realized that high DPS weapons are worth more than $250 dollars on the RMAH, and all the good ones are gone, because selling a weapon that is worth $250 dollars basically buys you the best equipment in the game that could be worth more than $250. Now all you have are shitty blues on the AH.

dat hoarding economy

People must have realized that selling the weapons for gold and then selling the gold for money will yield more per item.

TommyT

dat hoarding economy

Yup. A buddy of mine linked me to an EU eBay auction where someone was paying 700+ euros for an item.

BigDug13

I'm beginning to hate WD. I really need my pets to be useful, unless I don't want to be running away all the time, which this game tries desperately to discourage with nothing but annoying crap. :/
And some of the affixes... Argh... Extra Health, Shielding, Invulnerable Minions. Fuck right off.

Dude. Dinosaur. Green dinosaur. Green dinosaur with squishy nose.

It's ridiculous that my 60 monk is a better pet class than my 60 WD. Even the first rune version rocks. 25 spirit, water pet who hits for 40% dmg and casts a wave of water for 120% dmg and snare. As soon as he casts his wave attack, I summon a new one since it only costs 25 spirit and I'm punching like crazy and the new pet comes immediately ready to cast water wave. After he casts wave, I summon another one.

Those recasts are also each healing me for 1000 life.

If I need to kite, same thing. Pet, pet, pet while the WD is waiting another 55 seconds after gargantuan died in 5 seconds.

GJS

It's still possible, create an act IV part 4 game in hell mode, leave the game, then click public games. It will let you join inferno and buy the plans from the vendor.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel

This is no hyperbole, I am done with this game.

No. I simply do not have time to play D3 when there are much, much better games out there. I truly am out of this train. The only times I'll be playing this game is when I'm going to be helping people out with pre-inferno-stuff.

Diablo III doesn't know what it wants to do. They made gold way too powerful, which is okay, but they also kept nerfing every possible gold-farm-location in the game. The loot-drop-table is by far the worst thing I've ever experienced in gaming. The inferno-act2/3-scaling is abysmal (they're going to fix this in 1.0.3 though). The soundtrack overall isn't memorable enough. Most runes are boring as fuck. There are still cookie-cutter builds in this game. PvP is officially ruined because of how fucked up the economy and gear is. RMAH affected the gold in-game way too much. The balance between melee and range is terrible. Oh, and when I beat the game on inferno, I felt done with the game.

I can keep going. It's just a mess overall.

Ah, there is the post.

WELL Yoshi, I can sort of understand why you feel this way. I'm nowhere near the hardcore player you are, hell I don't even have my main to 60 yet (still working on it) so I'm a little behind the game curve you are on. However, I've felt tinges of some of what you are feeling already.

I don't see me ever playing Hardcore seriously in D3, it's way too spikey in it's damage output. And without the ability to pump attribute points into Vitality there are very few ways to build a character to prevent those spikes from near instant death. So it's softcore only for the most part. And once I have five characters to 60, well then it's just farming for loot left to do. But with the AH available, and with the seemingly horrible drop rates for usable loot in the game, I don't see the loot farm playstyle having much lasting power for Diablo 3.

That's not to say I'm sorry I bought the game. Quite the opposite, I love D3 and have already put way too many hours into it. But I'm already feeling the tug of other games calling me away. Tonight I'm playing some Minecraft instead. I played some Skyrim the other night instead of D3. Diablo 3 isn't holding my attention captivated like I thought it would, certainly not like D2 did. I played D2 literally nonstop for YEARS.

So I feel the game isn't near as bad as you say it is, but I completely understand why you do feel that way. Of course, if D3 gets a LoD style expansion that transmogrifies the game in the same manner, well then my free time is in serious jeopardy of being totally compromised...

J0dy77

Only true Diablo fans knows how fucked up this game is.
I am not crazy like Yoshichan, so I didn't even tried Inferno the way it is now, but all his criticism plus thr DRM made me give up on it 2 weeks after it launched.

I'll be back when they fix a lot of those things, so maybe in an year or 2. For now the best thing DIII did for me was reinstalling D2

This is just pure nonsense. Can all of these types of posters just quit already so we quit hearing your whining?

DRM has to be one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever heard. Yeah it sucks you can't play when the servers are down. But when was the last time you didn't have an internet connection? Get over it already. They use DRM for the integrity of the game and to protect their product from being pirated. Go outside, read a book for the times when the servers are down. It's not the end of the world.

The game overall is a ton of fun. The classes are a ton of fun and different. Combat (the actual gameplay) are a blast and keep me playing. When it gets boring i'll stop. These OT threads have been on the first page since the game was released and people are clearly enjoying the game even with its minor flaws.

scy

But with the AH available, and with the seemingly horrible drop rates for usable loot in the game, I don't see the loot farm playstyle having much lasting power for Diablo 3.

Eh, I don't think the usable loot issue is that different than D2 in general. It's just that the AH has morphed our perception of what "usable" is since you can find so much better from the AH that potential upgrades are that much rarer. You can basically skip entire tiers of progression with the AH and that's what causes the "so much worthless loot drops" issue really.

Morokh

That is your personal opinion. I enjoy this game for what it is. I don't sit in this thread and praise my phat loots and the fun co-op times I'm having just to rage-out and sell all my shit the next day.

I could go back and find specific posts ... but it's just not worth my time.

I don't need to be playing Diablo 3 for 3 years. I'm enjoying it today and I will until the next game I'm looking forward to comes around.

I'm sorry you don't like the game, you don't need to be in here shitting it up for the people who do.

I'm still sitting in this thread because I want to see what you people say about the RMAH madness (and cause i've a slow day at work, but that's another story :p)

And you know my post was a pure all-in Troll especially to you because while Yoshi may have been a little over-active/hyped about this game, he clearly doesn't deserve the hate.

I may feel exactly the same as him about the game, but i'm totally the opposite in terms of anticipation, i never really was much hyped about it, exception made maybe for the time they revealed the very first footage.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt because it was Diablo and ended up disappointed in the same way.

Revoh

dat hoarding economy

I can't check the AH right now because I'm at work but do you know the price in dollars of a 1300ish 2-h axe? I sold mine yesterday for 2.2M (I had 10 RM auctions used), I think I sold it too cheap because it sold instantly.

BigDug13

This is just pure nonsense. Can all of these types of posters just quit already so we quit hearing your whining?

DRM has to be one of the most ridiculous complaints I've ever heard. Yeah it sucks you can't play when the servers are down. But when was the last time you didn't have an internet connection? Get over it already. They use DRM for the integrity of the game and to protect their product from being pirated. Go outside, read a book for the times when the servers are down. It's not the end of the world.

The game overall is a ton of fun. The classes are a ton of fun and different. Combat (the actual gameplay) are a blast and keep me playing. When it gets boring i'll stop. These OT threads have been on the first page since the game was released and people are clearly enjoying the game even with its minor flaws.

Well I'm playing in Japan. I have an 80mb downlink and 60mb uplink speed on my connection. My experience in playing single player has been kinda laggy. My computer isn't that current, but I'm pretty much rocking the exact "recommended" specs. But it wouldn't matter even if I had an Ivy Bridge with 16 gb RAM and a 7970 card installed. I would still experience a game that performs mediocre. And that's a shame for a game I'm playing by myself.

When does the corporate apologist rhetoric end? When do you consider that a company has sacrificed too much stability for the sake of security?

TommyT

Is +% to block included in the total block % of a shield that is displayed?

For instance if I have a 30% block shield with +7% to block is it just 30% or 37%?

scy

And you know my post was a pure all-in Troll especially to you because while Yoshi may have been a little over-active/hyped about this game, he clearly doesn't deserve the hate.

I don't really get "hating" people, honestly. Though, I don't really take much of what Yoshi says seriously :x

Is +% to block included in the total block % of a shield that is displayed?

For instance if I have a 30% block shield with +7% to block is it just 30% or 37%?

Already factored. It's a 23% Chance to Block Shield that has +7% making it 30%.

TommyT

I'm still sitting in this thread because I want to see what you people say about the RMAH madness (and cause i've a slow day at work, but that's another story :p)

I may feel exactly the same as him about the game, but i'm totally the opposite in terms of anticipation, i never really was much hyped about it, exception made maybe for the time they revealed the very first footage.

I gave it the benefit of the doubt because it was Diablo and ended up disappointed in the same way.

sigh

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan

If people don't like this or don't like that or don't like the game as a whole then I'm cool with that. I don't mind when a thread isn't just an echo chamber.

Saying "if you were a TRUE Diablo fan like ME then you would hate this game too" is pretty dumb though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom