• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at 86k dps with scoundrel buff. Weird as hell as I swear I was at 83k w/o it, but when I checked again earlier it was only 82928. Made me go through my gear over and over again like a madman. Weird.

Xanathus

What the hell, people are buying the 6prop chest plans on the auction house at a price higher than what I'm offering in the Trade/Crafting forums. I guess not many people actually check those forums before purchasing in order to save on the blizz tax.

Woo-Fu

Banned
What the hell, people are buying the 6prop chest plans on the auction house at a price higher than what I'm offering in the Trade/Crafting forums. I guess not many people actually check those forums before purchasing in order to save on the blizz tax.
I suspect only a tiny percentage of the players bother with trade/crafting forums, I know I don't.

Anyone try to gear up their followers at all? I have a bunch of gold find on my scoundrel and he's up to 4k DPS with that gear. Is that any good? It's far, far higher than my other followers (my Templar's DPS is almost non existent).

Xanathus

Hell I've never actually even browsed the forums at all :lol

If you're about to make an expensive commodity purchase, it makes sense to check for that item or post a WTB there or on d2jsp where you'll save at least 10% on the AH price.

edit: on second thought, someone who is able to spend that money probably doesn't care about saving that amount or wants to bother scouring for a deal

Neki

If you're about to make an expensive commodity purchase, it makes sense to check for that item or post a WTB there or on d2jsp where you'll save at least 10% on the AH price.

edit: on second thought, someone who is able to spend that money probably doesn't care about saving that amount or wants to bother scouring for a deal

d2jsp is a lot of work, the auction house is convenient and in game. I'd only do it for very expensive purchases, like 50mil plus now.

eek5

It makes sense, yeah, but I'm way too lazy for that shit. I rather just buy it on AH and not have to scour through threads or bump my own every hour or whatever.

Xanathus

How does trading work that way? Do you basically join the same game and throw the goods on the floor? Sounds risky.

There's an in-game trading thing, right click on the portrait of someone in your party. Make sure that when placing things to trade, do not drag and drop it but instead right-click on the item in your inventory. There's scams where people close the trade window so you accidentally drop the item on the floor.

Danj

I'm at 86k dps with scoundrel buff. Weird as hell as I swear I was at 83k w/o it, but when I checked again earlier it was only 82928. Made me go through my gear over and over again like a madman. Weird.

Jesus Christ how do people get dps levels this high? I'm nearly level 60 (level 59, just started act 4 hell) and it took a lot of AH purchases to get my dps up over 10k. 80k seems like an unreachable dream.

syllogism

Archon + arcane dynamo and a good crit roll

I32pd.jpg

Channelled spells tick twice per second

There's an in-game trading thing, right click on the portrait of someone in your party. Make sure that when placing things to trade, do not drag and drop it but instead right-click on the item in your inventory. There's scams where people close the trade window so you accidentally drop the item on the floor.
Ahh ok, I've not seen that one. Thanks.

Jesus Christ how do people get dps levels this high? I'm nearly level 60 (level 59, just started act 4 hell) and it took a lot of AH purchases to get my dps up over 10k. 80k seems like an unreachable dream.

It's pretty mediocre, actually. I'm way too stupid with my gold in this game, haha. Also Archery + Steady aim passives boost it by a lot.

Danj

It's pretty mediocre, actually. I'm way too stupid with my gold in this game, haha. Also Archery + Steady aim passives boost it by a lot.

80k dps is mediocre?! Have you guys all spent $1000+ on the RMAH or something to get your DPS up that high? BTW I'm a Wizard if that makes any difference.

80k dps is mediocre?! Have you guys all spent $1000+ on the RMAH or something to get your DPS up that high? BTW I'm a Wizard if that makes any difference.
Mine (Wizard) is only 20k (Act 1 inferno)... I could do with a bit more but the AH prices are ridiculous.

On the bright side, you'll annihilate Act 1 Inferno, Act 4 hell must be pathetic for you. I'm farming it now with no difficulty so I'd imagine it's a complete joke for you.

Danj

Mine (Wizard) is only 20k (Act 1 inferno)... I could do with a bit more but the AH prices are ridiculous.

On the bright side, you'll annihilate Act 1 Inferno, Act 4 hell must be pathetic for you. I'm farming it now with no difficulty so I'd imagine it's a complete joke for you.

Well my DPS is only 10k right now which is why I was making exclamations about people with 80k and worrying that I wouldn't be able to cut it in Inferno. And it is true that Act 3 was rather easy, even Azmodan didn't present much of a problem.

Totakeke

Well my DPS is only 10k right now which is why I was making exclamations about people with 80k and worrying that I wouldn't be able to cut it in Inferno. And it is true that Act 3 was rather easy, even Azmodan didn't present much of a problem.

Nope, you won't be able to cut it. Better quit the game while you're still ahead.

Seriously, what do you want people to tell you anyway? Play more and read less.

Neki

I don't even know why I sell things for gold anymore. What am I going to do with a currency that is constantly depreciating? lol.

Won

Every time I come back, the game tries to push me away again.......can't join any public games past A1Q8. Love you too, Battle.net. >.<

scy

Wizard != Demon Hunter.

Edit: To be slightly more useful, you'll be fine for Hell with 10k DPS and Inferno upgrades will push you to something comfortable for Inferno. Many of us Wizards were fine doing all of Inferno with ~30k-40k DPS and kiting. A lot of DHs have inflated numbers due to Sharpshooter and good Crit Damage as well :x

I'm thinking about dropping 5-10k dps for crit/resist gear and going to a 1-hand/source set up rather than a 2 hand. 30 hours stuck in inferno act one and it is really getting old.

What stats and spec do I need to beat ghom as a Monk on inferno?

Goddamn. Act 2 is a joke and Ghom is a big wall for me.

Unbuffed: 4687 armor, 14k dps, 38k hp, 813 all resist, no life on hit, no spirit regen.

Wizard question... is it generally considered best to go for a fast or slow wep, or doesn't it really matter?

Edit - Unrelated, I've realised Blizzard don't have a clue what a yard is. Supposedly my gold collecting gear should pick up gold 14 yards (42 feet) away from me... and there's not a chance it's even close to that.

eek5

Unbuffed: 4687 armor, 14k dps, 38k hp, 813 all resist, no life on hit, no spirit regen.

You should be able to do it. More DPS might help but the main thing is to kite him all around the perimeter of the room slowly so that by the time you get to the first square the gas clouds are gone. I think you want at least 15k unbuffed dps to get through it

If you're on US and need help, I can help you beat it. eek#1673

You should be able to do it. More DPS might help but the main thing is to kite him all around the perimeter of the room slowly so that by the time you get to the first square the gas clouds are gone. I think you want at least 15k unbuffed dps to get through it

If you're on US and need help, I can help you beat it. eek#1673
I just bleed health too fast.

Thanks, sent a request.

I just best him with my monk. Armor and resists are fine. Dps is way low. I have 29k hp / 5800 armor buffed / 850 res / 24k dps buffed and he almost hits his enrage by the time I get him down.

I just bleed health too fast.

Thanks, sent a request.
U have to get in a few hits and then move when he expells gas. Can't move far and have to move him slowly around the edge.

I have a question. I just bought a copy of D3 for my GF, shes not really a gamer at all. She is going to play through with me but we rarely game. She'll be in the computer room I'll be in the other room when we do.

Because of the rarity we will actually use that account can I just give it to a friend and I'll let him know whenever we want to actually use it.

I understand thats probably wrong so I'm checking here first, but I did purchase two copies and because its all online only two of us would be playing D3 at once...so in a way I'm like half and half split between I should be able to do this and I shouldn't.

Is this against the terms of use I accepted, and will it get banned?

Sarcasm

I have a question. I just bought a copy of D3 for my GF, shes not really a gamer at all. She is going to play through with me but we rarely game. She'll be in the computer room I'll be in the other room when we do.

Because of the rarity we will actually use that account can I just give it to a friend and I'll let him know whenever we want to actually use it.

I understand thats probably wrong so I'm checking here first, but I did purchase two copies and because its all online only two of us would be playing D3 at once...so in a way I'm like half and half split between I should be able to do this and I shouldn't.

Is this against the terms of use I accepted, and will it get banned?

Yea its against the ToS but most likely you won't. But I recommend you don't anyways. Keep it just for your gal. Your friend, this may sound like I am being a dick, can buy his own copy.

I'll give you 250 gold for it!

Unrelated, I just went through my entire stash (and all of my bag characters) vendoring / disenchanting everything that wasn't worth 20k (arbitrary). I've got so little left to sell now. :(

Still, no-one seems to be buying my stuff anyway so I guess it doesn't make a difference. :p

Kyuur

Gratz!

Now your options are:

1. Die over and over and get a 30K repair bill
  2. Farm Act IV Hell
  3. AH

Choose =D

I don't see how people manage to get such insane repair bills... Mine are never over 15k~, and if I'm picking up everything in Inferno Act I I easily make more than that per repair I have to do. Normal mobs can drop gold stacks of 1k each for god sakes. :| Just don't rush through, and avoid tough affixes if you have to.

ElyrionX

There is definitely something bugged with the rng and drops imo. Earlier this week I had 2 rare shields with exactly the same stats drop and then the exact 2hd bow drop with the same stats as well. The matching pair dropped within 2 minutes of each other. I could understand if they were sets or maybe even legendaries, but these were rare items with exactly the same stats with at least 6 different properties. They werent similar in stats, but every number and property was the same.

Bows/Xbows seem to have a much higher drop rate than any other weapon for me. I know it is random and it will be streaky, but Ive had over 50 Helion and 40 Revenant Bows drop and not one Veil Piercer so far this week. I dont mind it as much as because so many want Bows/Xbows, but as a WD I would like to see more ceremonial knives dropping. Even looking at the market, the market is flooded with all kinds of high end bows/xbows and not many ceremonial knives. Who knows maybe it was lottery luck with the same items, horrible luck with WD weapons and this week things will change. The drop system could be more like D2 than they are letting on though. Certain bosses were more likely to drop certain items and they carried this over to D3. Since Ive been running the same areas, Im seeing the similar drops more often.

I've had two Exalted Dread Shield plans drop in a row for me in one game. And then the next game, I had another one drop.

Insaniac

Made my first Million+ sale on the AH from a pair of gloves I bought a while back and turned a profit. Now i just need another 50 mill to fund upgrading my gear :(

Woo-Fu

Banned
Yeah, I find it kind of mind-boggling when people complain about Act 2 nowadays. Their head would have exploded if they hit Act 2 back before the patch.

First time we got there it was with a full party, monk and barbarian went down in 1 hit each, mage and witch doctor dodged bugs and fireballs for a couple seconds before getting 1-hit as well.

I just best him with my monk. Armor and resists are fine. Dps is way low. I have 29k hp / 5800 armor buffed / 850 res / 24k dps buffed and he almost hits his enrage by the time I get him down.

U have to get in a few hits and then move when he expells gas. Can't move far and have to move him slowly around the edge.

I was finally able to get a build/strat down where I kited him around the room 3 times, but I hit the enrage by a large margin.

Also from the looks of it, you have no way of regening health. I'm surprised you've gotten that far into Act III without any LoH.
How much is a decent weapon with like 800 LOH with or without a socket? Everything around 900 DPS is like 50 million?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom