• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lexxon

Yeah, I find it kind of mind-boggling when people complain about Act 2 nowadays. Their head would have exploded if they hit Act 2 back before the patch.

First time we got there it was with a full party, monk and barbarian went down in 1 hit each, mage and witch doctor dodged bugs and fireballs for a couple seconds before getting 1-hit as well.

I wasn't lucky enough to see Act 2 pre-patch, but it was pretty rough coming in with gear that was barely good enough to clear A1. Now I feel pretty good about clearing A2 with my monk (certain affixes are still a bitch), but now A3 is absolutely insane. Anything with an affix that deals a decent amount of damage rapes me, pretty much. So A2 to A3 is still pretty damn significant for some of us.

Saying that, though...it's much more tolerable in a group. In a group we can zerg the tough enemies enough to kill them most of the time. I was able to down Diablo today with a group of 4 of us, but we corpse-hopped past 2 entire zones due to some crazy affix elites.

Kyuur

I was finally able to get a build/strat down where I kited him around the room 3 times, but I hit the enrage by a large margin.

How much is a decent weapon with like 800 LOH with or without a socket? Everything around 900 DPS is like 50 million?

You can get a 2H with that much LOH for fairly cheap. Around 1000DPS, probably a few 100k if you want something with decent other stats. 1Hs around that level are too expensive for most people right now.

GJS

I was finally able to get a build/strat down where I kited him around the room 3 times, but I hit the enrage by a large margin.

How much is a decent weapon with like 800 LOH with or without a socket? Everything around 900 DPS is like 50 million?

You have to sacrifice dps, everyone wants 900 dps weapons + LoH + Socket + Crit.

The 800-700 dps LoH weapon market is saturated and nothing is selling, unless it has a socket. So just look for those + main stat.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Trying to price this:

KQS2h.jpg

Kind of hard to find anything similar on the AH since you can't search for more than 3 properties at a time. Found a pretty similar piece that was up for 10 mil, but it didn't have hatred regen and I don't know how much value that adds. Plus that was only one listing so I don't know if someone just grossly overpriced it or whatever. Any ideas?

I see what people have been saying about inferno being easy to gear for now. Just got my wizard to 60 and managed to buy a full set of entry level equipment for under a million. Not the best gear but should be fine for act 1 and 2. All were buyouts too so no annoying bidding wars.

linsivvi

Yeah, I find it kind of mind-boggling when people complain about Act 2 nowadays. Their head would have exploded if they hit Act 2 back before the patch.

First time we got there it was with a full party, monk and barbarian went down in 1 hit each, mage and witch doctor dodged bugs and fireballs for a couple seconds before getting 1-hit as well.

Yeah I don't get it either. Especially with how prices of non-godly gears have dropped, anyone can probably become Act 2 ready by spending 200-300K on the AH. You couldn't even farm Act 1 or Act 2 for those items back then.

Act 2 was actually nerfed twice too. First time it's the removal of the multiplayer damage boost, then the 1.0.3 nerf. Before that it was pretty much 1 or 2 hits for everybody.

Realyn

I lvl'ed and equipped my HC Wizz from 58 to 60 after seeing a good weapon for just 5 mil. TBH I'm quite dissapoint with my stats? Is the damage that low only because of the shield? It's insane, don't wanna take it off :[

You have to sacrifice dps, everyone wants 900 dps weapons + LoH + Socket + Crit.

The 800-700 dps LoH weapon market is saturated and nothing is selling, unless it has a socket. So just look for those + main stat.

You don't need a 900 dps 1h-weapon to beat the game.

If I bought a 3 million 747 dps weapon with 900 life on hit without a gem I'd either need 308 more dex (have 1212 now), 54% total crit chanche (up from 17.50%), or 222% crit hit damage (up from 72%) to compensate the dps loss and I'd still be at a mesealy 14k dps.

Need more DPS and LOH to not hit ghom enrage.

balddemon

Banned
I lvl'ed and equipped my HC Wizz from 58 to 60 after seeing a good weapon for just 5 mil. TBH I'm quite dissapoint with my stats? Is the damage that low only because of the shield? It's insane, don't wanna take it off :[

what are those wing things? and the cool looking potions beneath them?

jersoc

you need more crit and then work on more crit dmg

Artanisix

I'm sorry but it is getting so damn annoying

If you want to, we can have a look at the HC AH and search for some good crit items.

Not sure what your point is? You asked why your damage was so low and we told you. It's not our fault there's no crit gear on the AH for HC... but that doesn't change the reason your damage is sub-25k.

RDreamer

I'm pretty happy that I can farm and roll through Act 3 now like no one's business. I can pretty much annihilate everything and most elites go down pretty easily, though some 2 DOT combinations (or arcane mixed with something else like frozen) make me stumble a little bit.

My problem is that Thunderclap seems to be by far the best rune for getting LOH and for cyclones, and just overall. The problem is that it automatically teleports you insanely close to the mobs no matter what. I feel like 90% of my deaths now come from being teleported that extra few feet closer to the mob where I don't need to be. That puts me on to of plagued stuff and molten, and makes it really hard to predict where I'll hit the mob when there's desecration down. I wish I could hold shift (spacebar for me, actually) and he would attack right where he is and only teleport if I'm not holding the shift, but that doesn't seem to work. Really sucks...

Welcome to loot games.

Tomorrow you could loot 10 items worth 20 mil each.

Diablo 3 is a different beast. Take for instance Diablo 2. Four quick boss runs could net you something of (limited) value due to lower level uniques/sets/rings/amulets/gloves/boots dropping on Hell difficulty and having some value if rolled decently.

Zeppelin

I'm starting to get real sick and tired of the Reflects Damage affix. I swear almost 50% of the packs I encounter has it. There's nothing even remotely fun in fighting a pack with it, it only comes off as cheap, lazy design.

To be honest I feel pretty done with this game. Drops are way too far in between and playing the AH isn't my idea of fun. I do get the occasional good drop now and then but never for my chars. Also, 250+ hours of game time without a single set item. "Fun."

My gear isn't good enough for Act 3 and since Act 2 is some of the most depressing shit I've ever encountered in a video game I don't think I'll be giving this game a whole lot more attention in the future.

I've got a lot of other issues with the game too. There's some interesting things to be said about the cluster fuck always online and megalomaniac Jay Wilson but I'll save that for a time when I'm not on my phone.

I got my money's worth though. More so than with most games.

Do packs in late act 2 drop better loot than the ones before Maghda?

I can do Maghda runs faster and there doesn't seem to be many champ packs before Kulle.

Zeppelin

Do packs in late act 2 drop better loot than the ones before Maghda?

I can do Maghda runs faster and there doesn't seem to be many champ packs before Kulle.

You can get 5 stacks by selecting the checkpoint just before you're gonna fight Kulle and do the three areas in the archives, and then kill Kulle. I don't think they'll drop better stuff than the earlier ones though and it can be hell if you encounter a grim wraith pack with the wrong affices (?).

I have now all character to 60 expect WD.

Monk, being my main, and my tank, is strangely enough, having the weakest life pool with 25k (but 700 all res buffed) when Barb as 50k hp (50ish all res), and 35k for Wiz and DH (same res) but no fancy stuff yet

Trying to price this:

KQS2h.jpg

Kind of hard to find anything similar on the AH since you can't search for more than 3 properties at a time. Found a pretty similar piece that was up for 10 mil, but it didn't have hatred regen and I don't know how much value that adds. Plus that was only one listing so I don't know if someone just grossly overpriced it or whatever. Any ideas?

At least 15m I would imagine.

backdrifter

Neo Member
It seemed my luck was changing, as my first decent drop in an age appeared

9EJxJ.jpg

(No idea how to price that up - can't find anything with that combo of Crit, Str, Int, and MF. Any ideas?)

And then my first Legendary in far too long appeared. I felt a twinge of excitement. Is this the time I finally land an incredible weapon to get me through to the end of Inferno? I settle back to see what wonder I've found...

oDhhu.jpg

Sigh.

Artanisix

It seemed my luck was changing, as my first decent drop in an age appeared

9EJxJ.jpg

(No idea how to price that up - can't find anything with that combo of Crit, Str, Int, and MF. Any ideas?)

really nice helm, if the resist was all resist or physical resist and it had a socket i would pay over 25 mil for it

GJS

Is 6 mil for a 800DPS, 800life on hit a "normal" price?

Around that I guess.

800 dps with good LoH generally go for around that much on auction, more so if it has a primary stat, also depends on the type of weapon.

Socket & stats give LoH weapons the most value right now. There is an auction for a 900dps fist with 100+ str, dex, vit, and a socket, with a bid of 105M and 10 hours left.

RkOwnage

Welcome to loot games.

Tomorrow you could loot 10 items worth 20 mil each.

I have played several loot games, this is a pretty consistent occurance for me. Diablo 3's loot is not interesting, it's boring and uninteresting.

They need to raise the minimum ilvl cap on the items to 58-59 instead of 51-52. Rolling good stats is a game upon itself, so raise the ilvl cap of items so the chances of finding something better are realistic.

Cj70

Finally made it to Act 4 Inferno on my Monk with my 2 Demon Hunter friends. Had to skip 2 elite mobs at the end of act 3 that were just too painful though. Arcane + Freezing :(((

Now time to go back to farming act 2 till we're good enough for 4 :D

BigDug13

I personally find that way too many weapons drop. We only have 2 hands and a ton of armor slots, yet I feel like every run nets me at least 60-70% low dps weapons and a few pieces of armor. Maybe if the ratio was reversed, I wouldn't feel like these runs were such a waste of time.

Anyone else getting a disproportionate level of weapon drops compared to armor?

balddemon

Banned
since i'm getting fucking tired of this game my new goal is to convert all my gems to star level. 496k + 54 tomes + 27 flawless square. should take a while. started with the emerald in my wep first

balddemon

Banned
Can I have a ruby when you're done?

a star ruby? yeah if you pay me the 496k + tomes lol

also, demented fallen pack. wtf.

edit: ugh thats 2 packs now in the same vault. i can't kill them before they explode and i only survive if i get my overpower off quickly

linsivvi

If I bought a 3 million 747 dps weapon with 900 life on hit without a gem I'd either need 308 more dex (have 1212 now), 54% total crit chanche (up from 17.50%), or 222% crit hit damage (up from 72%) to compensate the dps loss and I'd still be at a mesealy 14k dps.

Need more DPS and LOH to not hit ghom enrage.

Dual wield. And don't look back.

Xanathus

Yes... I've got a bidding war on my crafted shoulders. At 2757629 now with 1d2h to go. This must be what it feels like to have two guys fighting for your affection.

2tuv4.png

I really should try crafting something, I have a ridiculous amount of mats and my guy is at max level. Is anything worth a go (that isn't a dropped recipe)?

kennah

a star ruby? yeah if you pay me the 496k + tomes lol

also, demented fallen pack. wtf.

edit: ugh thats 2 packs now in the same vault. i can't kill them before they explode and i only survive if i get my overpower off quickly

I'm only level 46 :( Kinda want to relevel again because it is so much fun oneshotting most of the game.

inky

Crafting is worthless unless you have a 6 property recipe, or some legendary stuff that sells alright, like the Sage's Set or Helm of Command (and even then, I wouldn't recommend it unless you can set a stream to get customers or have a lot of gold to i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ burn). That's how I see it anyway.

Man, farming Act II with 250 MF is proving about as good as farming Act I with 320. Vault of the Assassin is nice, but I miss the couple of legendaries I was getting each day. Haven't seen a single one from A2.

4th Butcher run today with nothing worth posting on here found...sigh, Diablo 3 has almost completely lost its appeal to me.

Don't do butcher.

Do: Northern Highlands (retry until watchtower spawns northwest, anywhere between 2-4 mobs), then Cathedral lvl 3 (usually 1 mob), then Festering Woods (2 mobs in 2 dungeons, hopefully you run into one outside), then Cemery of Forsaken (3 dungeons with on average >2 mobs each), then Highlands Crossing (past bridge find Cave of the Moon Clan, >4 mobs), then Leoric's Manor (backtrack, 1 mob outside, usually another one past bridge).

Skip Warden, it simply takes too long. There's only 2 mobs in the prison, and it takes too long to clear. The above run will give you a mob every minute or so.

balddemon

Banned
Don't do butcher.

Do: Northern Highlands (retry until watchtower spawns northwest, anywhere between 2-4 mobs), then cathedral lvl 3 (usually 1 mob), then Festering Woods (2 mobs in 2 dungeons, hopefully you run into one outside), then Cemery of Forsaken (3 dungeons with on average >2 mobs each), then Highlands Crossing (past bridge find Cavemen Cave, >4 mobs), then Leoric's Manor (backtrack, 1 mob outside, usually another one past bridge).

Skip Warden, it simply takes too long. There's only 2 mobs in the prison, and it takes too long to clear. The above run will give you a mob every minute or so.

warden takes me like 3 minutes lol

just sprint past all the trash mobs and each pack takes like 15 seconds to kill, warden takes about 1 second lmao

then sprint to butcher and kill the 0 or 1 or 2 packs on the way down and then kill butcher which takes about 45 seconds depending on when i get wotb up

Crafting is worthless unless you have a 6 property recipe, or some legendary stuff that sells alright, like the Sage's Set or Helm of Command (and even then, I wouldn't recommend it unless you can set a stream to get customers or have a lot of gold to i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶ burn). That's how I see it anyway.
Thanks, that's a shame. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a recipe one day. :)

warden takes me like 3 minutes lol

just sprint past all the trash mobs and each pack takes like 15 seconds to kill, warden takes about 1 second lmao

then sprint to butcher and kill the 0 or 1 or 2 packs on the way down and then kill butcher which takes about 45 seconds depending on when i get wotb up

Sure, sprint past stuff. But you gotta unlock those 6 cages, and there's only 2 mobs. Then there's the bridge with 0 mobs, and when you enter Halls of Agony to get to Butcher, you're lucky to get 1 mob. More time lost.

The run I suggested above simply has more mobs per minute. That's all.

Sure, sprint past stuff. But you gotta unlock those 6 cages, and there's only 2 mobs. Then there's the bridge with 0 mobs, and when you enter Halls of Agony to get to Butcher, you're lucky to get 1 mob. More time lost.

The run I suggested above simply has more mobs per minute. That's all.

I get between 2-4 in the Prison, I'd say 3 is more the average.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom