• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cipherr

I get between 2-4 in the Prison, I'd say 3 is more the average.

No Im pretty sure 2 is the max for the prison. I mean, I have like 300 hours logged and I cannot remember ever getting 3, but maybe its possible I guess. I always see 2 packs max, and then the Jailer might just be my bad luck tho. I know for a fact I have never seen 4.

Macmanus

I get between 2-4 in the Prison, I'd say 3 is more the average.

Yeah, I usually see three in the prison, though when I'm solo I just skip that part and do the run that's being suggested. It's vastly superior.

In fact, I love it when the Tower spawns a long hallway with a lot of mobs in it. I wish each act had three different lengthy dungeons of varying tile sets in it with between 6-10 packs and a boss at the end. Each taking between 10-30 minutes. That would make farming so much more fun then this wondering around.

No Im pretty sure 2 is the max for the prison. I mean, I have like 300 hours logged and I cannot remember ever getting 3, but maybe its possible I guess. I always see 2 packs max, and then the Jailer might just be my bad luck tho. I know for a fact I have never seen 4.

I fought 3 packs in the prison maybe 10 minutes ago. Not even.

sleepykyo

Yes... I've got a bidding war on my crafted shoulders. At 2757629 now with 1d2h to go. This must be what it feels like to have two guys fighting for your affection.

2tuv4.png

Oh my, I kind of want to get in on this. But, I'm 99% sure that the final price is going to be too much for me.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Hey Demon Hunter Gaf, what bow should I buy ?

Hand Crossbow or Bow

What's better overall in Inferno ?

If you're just starting out, buy whatever you can get the cheapest that has the most damage or dex or vit.

Once you have a build in mind, then you can be more specific. Hand xbow if you need more attack speed/hatred regen, ordisc, for example.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Well, decent gear made act 3 Inferno pretty damn easy for the most part. I can stand in just about whatever and just spam my acid raid and live. Even ghom's cloud crap, I can just stand in the clouds until he dies. lol

GJS

What slots can have a chance to stun/freeze/immobilize on hit? Just the weapon?

Every chance to x is on weapons and 1 other item type.

For example chance to fear can roll on helms.

There is a table with them somewhere.

Edit//

This is the list, dunno whether it's complete.
Amulet - Chance to Blind on Hit
Belt - Chance to Freeze on Hit
Boots - Chance to Immobilize on Hit
Bracers - Chance to Knockback on Hit
Gloves - Chance to Stun on Hit
Helm - Chance to Fear on Hit
Pants - Chance to Slow on Hit
Shoulders - Chance to Chill on Hit
Weapon - Bleed Chance + all of the above CCs
Off-Hand - Bleed Chance + all of the above CCs

purg3

slept with Malkin
so my DH is pretty much useless now unless I shell out hundreds of millions of gold that I don't have. So I decided to try some other classes. Got a Wiz to around 40 and got bored. Started a Barb, currently at 35 and damn, did they buff this class because it seems pretty OP. And as far as gear looks like you could easily gets some budget pieces and not really have too much trouble with inferno. New favorite class, never cared for them in D2 but they are surprisingly fun in D3.

Ramirez

so my DH is pretty much useless now unless I shell out hundreds of millions of gold that I don't have. So I decided to try some other classes. Got a Wiz to around 40 and got bored. Started a Barb, currently at 35 and damn, did they buff this class because it seems pretty OP. And as far as gear looks like you could easily gets some budget pieces and not really have too much trouble with inferno. New favorite class, never cared for them in D2 but they are surprisingly fun in D3.

Why is your DH worthless?

I finally got an Andariel's Visage, paid 4 mil for it. I feel like even after the IAS nerf, it's still the best DH helm, no?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened

Wait until you get to inferno

I am using pretty good gear.... And can't get anywhere in act 3

Just get outright annihilated

purg3

slept with Malkin
Why is your DH worthless?

I finally got an Andariel's Visage, paid 4 mil for it. I feel like even after the IAS nerf, it's still the best DH helm, no?

hit a brick wall on Act 3 Inferno. My DPS is fine, just have zero survivability once I run out of discipline. Can't even take one shot from trash mobs lol. I would need to purchase pretty much all new gear if I wanted to bolster my hp/resists, just can't afford it right now. And then I'm not even sure if it would make much of a difference.

Trickster

icDcx.jpg

What do you guys think, worth nothing or a lot? There really isnt enough rings with stats like that on the AH that I can gauge value.

Ramirez

I haven't been able to find any AV's with Dex rolls. Are they more rare?

I'm not sure, mine only has like 130.

hit a brick wall on Act 3 Inferno. My DPS is fine, just have zero survivability once I run out of discipline. Can't even take one shot from trash mobs lol. I would need to purchase pretty much all new gear if I wanted to bolster my hp/resists, just can't afford it right now. And then I'm not even sure if it would make much of a difference.

Yea, it's tough. I played in a group through A3/A4, I died a lot some times, but I mostly did ok. Reflect damage is obviously my worst enemy, most of my resists are all under 200. I can do pony land pretty easily, so I really don't see the reasoning to spend money on resist gear honestly.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Alright, sweet. Funnily enough, I think it's just been lying in my stash for a while. I tend to give rings and amulets little attention when they don't have str/dex/int/vit

Not having base stats is a negative, though.

if it had dex and vit it would have been 10s of millions likely

That one is likely in millions with chance to breach 10+ mil if I were to guess maybe even more... I don't see many 60+ AR

Even sold a ring today for 2 mil with its only redeeming qualities being life on hit and crit chance... No all resist

Only one ring on AH with those stats... And it's 100 mil FYI

Price high or uncap... It will likely sell for big money (yes I edited because I way way way underestimated it's value)

Xanathus

Anybody want to help me look for the Rakanishu Shrine event in Act 2 Normal? I'm trying to get the Bashanishu achievement which requires getting the Rakanishu Blade from that event, and then looking for a random unique enemy named Bashiok and hitting it with that blade.

edit: Rakanishu Blade found, now to find Bashiok....

edit2: well this is pointless, I"ll just wait for the next time someone finds him

inky

How good are your stats? I run a ww barb as well, and I normally demolish act 2 invulnerable packs when I pop wotb, which it seems like you must've done as well based on the CD on it.

PdIjy.png

About 33k HP, 900 LoH. I carry a ring with vit+resists and an amulet with STR+LoH for certain situations, it's just the shitty mob, that's all.

I got him the second time around. I just failed miserably at keeping WotB running with my terrible tornado placement and had to go in close to get more fury. I just brought him near a pack of trash mobs finished it without further trouble.

RDreamer

I wanna play my DH, but lag is making it nearly impossible. When your entire life depends on hitting SS in time you just can't work with huge lag... I'm dying in spots where I had moved away from a long time ago...

R3blk.jpg

Is this helm really worth couple millions as the AH suggests? I have a hard time believing that...

US Softcore btw.

Pretty sure this isnt worth a couple mill. I did a bunch of helm shopping today and I seen +6 crit chances, with sockets so you can put vitality gems in. With similar stats for MUCH less.

balddemon

Banned
it's amazing how much difference a little bit of extra MF makes. i now get 2 rares on average from each pack after 5 NV compared to the 1 guaranteed before.

all i've got is 32% from an amulet i found in act 1, and 11% from boots i found in act 1. pretty handy

Danj

Oh my god I finally sold something on the RMAH! Was only for £1.25 though so I only made 25p but still. Wish I'd been able to get on the £250 bandwagon like everyone else though :(

Rufus

Oh my god I finally sold something on the RMAH! Was only for £1.25 though so I only made 25p but still. Wish I'd been able to get on the £250 bandwagon like everyone else though :(
You're in the smallest market due to the pound. Not enough rich fools, rich botters, or regular players who accumulated enough B.net-Balance.

Kyuur

So my friend found this, we think it's worth a lot. What say you GAF?

HSNue.png

Edit: AH looks like $250 / 250mil. Just wondering if people have seen similar.

balddemon

Banned
I might start doing magdha runs. Change of pace, and starting from the beginning of the act, we killed prob 10 packs before magdha. Higher quality loot too

inky

So my friend found this, we think it's worth a lot. What say you GAF?

HSNue.png

Edit: AH looks like $250 / 250mil. Just wondering if people have seen similar.

Not entirely similar, but yea, I've seen some and it's worth a lot. I'd say more in the 75-150 mill range, but who knows. Every day that goes by there's more and more gold in the market so people will pay crazy amounts for stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom