• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wooo! Just beat the skeleton king :3

panty

I managed to run to Ghom now and I guess that's it. He enrages(?) immediately and I last abour 4 to 5 seconds. Is this a bug or what the fuck is the point in this? I can't advance anymore, there's nothing I can do except farming.

This is fucking ridiculous.

Rufus

I managed to run to Ghom now and I guess that's it. He enrages(?) immediately and I last abour 4 to 5 seconds. Is this a bug or what the fuck is the point in this? I can't advance anymore, there's nothing I can do except farming.

It's not the enrage. He just spawns a cloud wherever you are. They also linger for a long time, so if you move around a lot you might end up with no safe place to stand. It also makes it look like he enrages immediately. He's harder than Diablo now.

If you can't beat him without moving around as much, well... Did you know that Blizzard has the "best testers of the world"?

syllogism

This is exactly how inferno was supposed to be. It's a shame all the bosses aren't as difficult

You have to make some hits and then walk away from him pulling him in a direction as soon as he releases gas. Don't walk far. Just out of his gas cloud range. He'll walk up let you hit him some and fart again. Just keep moving around pulling him in a circle along the outer edge.

He does have an enrage timer though. I can get him down to about 5-10% health before he starts spamming the farts.

850 res all / 23K DPS here / 1100 LOH

It's not the enrage. He just spawns a cloud wherever you are. They also linger for a long time, so if you move around a lot you might end up with no safe place to stand. It also makes it look like he enrages immediately. He's harder than Diablo now.

If you can't beat him without moving around as much, well... Did you know that Blizzard has the "best testers of the world"?

Is this for real?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
He quits once every OT so...
lol not really. When I said I quit 3 OTs ago (?), I really did quit. Or did you honestly believe I'd say "wooo, beat the skeleton king" in a serious note :p? Watching my friend play this game for the first time currently.

Neki

You have to make some hits and then walk away from him pulling him in a direction as soon as he releases gas. Don't walk far. Just out of his gas cloud range. He'll walk up let you hit him some and fart again. Just keep moving around pulling him in a circle along the outer edge.

He does have an enrage timer though. I can get him down to about 5-10% health before he starts spamming the farts.

850 res all / 23K DPS here / 1100 LOH

Is this for real?

Diablo is a push over, and he has no enrage, so yes.

lol not really. When I said I quit, I really did quit. Or did you honestly believe I'd say "wooo, beat the skeleton king" in a serious note :p? Watching my friend play this game for the first time currently.

dat backpedal

tn2007

Lamp what was the max dps on your enchantress? I just spend 10 million on her and got he up to 6.5k and 16k when she critical. I'm thinking another 30-40 million I can get her to 10k regular and 25k critical.

Woo-Fu

Banned
No diablo 3 for most of the week due to a faulty power supply. Get back in today, do my auctions then logout since I felt the need to setup my auctions but felt no desire to actually play the game. Kind of depressing when I think about it.

Lamp what was the max dps on your enchantress? I just spend 10 million on her and got he up to 6.5k and 16k when she critical. I'm thinking another 30-40 million I can get her to 10k regular and 25k critical.

Why anyone would want to make the follower dps when they just should survive to cast their crowd control skills ?

also where to farm xp ? Just turn 59 and 60 seems like hours away... Azmodan ? last level of Act 4 ?

Zzoram

Why anyone would want to make the follower dps when they just should survive to cast their crowd control skills ?

also where to farm xp ? Just turn 59 and 60 seems like hours away... Azmodan ? last level of Act 4 ?

Put a good Ruby in a helm socket and just play normally. You'll hit 60 naturally in Hell Act 3.

GJS

Why the hell are Chipped Emeralds selling for 800 each?

Something to do with people flipping them to other people who flip them and so on based on speculation, they were up near 10k each at one point.

There are also people who don't know that you can use any gem at any level.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
But chipped costing more than the ones that are better? It makes no sense

Not logic sense, but when you consider that people are stupid as hell, it all makes sense.

If I had to guess, I'd say that people are buying chips to put into sockets so that crit damage shows up on search. They're going down to chipped emeralds, thinking they'd be the cheapest, without actually confirming so.

Something to do with people flipping them to other people who flip them and so on based on speculation, they were up near at 10k each at one point.

Uh, why? For shits and giggles? The AH fee would always cause you to lose money.

syllogism

People were even trying to drive the price of chipped gems up by claiming you could dupe gold by gaming the way AH sometimes returns gold when you buy commodities.

GJS

Not logic sense, but when you consider that people are stupid as hell, it all makes sense.

If I had to guess, I'd say that people are buying chips to put into sockets so that crit damage shows up on search. They're going down to chipped emeralds, thinking they'd be the cheapest, without actually confirming so.

Uh, why? For shits and giggles? The AH fee would always cause you to lose money.

Each subsequent person sets the price higher above the 15% fee, thinking it is based on lots of people wanting chipped gems, but it's really other people trying to flip them, driving up the price and creating a bubble. I don't think they would have reached near 10k each without that.

Diablo is a push over, and he has no enrage, so yes.

dat backpedal

What's the point of putting an enrage timer on the bosses before the end boss, but then not put one on the end boss. Why make me go through DPS gear checks if I don't need the DPS when I fight Diablo? I've had Ghom down to about 5-10% health a ton of times. I've built up a nice strat to pull him too. He's a giant DPS gear check that doesn't matter. Kind of frustrating.

This is really weird. I'm doing an act 1 run, and i've had 15 goedendags drop. 5 rare, 10 white. I'm really weirded out right now....

holy crap - 18 now

WHAT IS GOING ON

edit: 19

now 22

last one was a cracked one...greys to yellows so far....LEGENDARY GOEDENDANG INC

RDreamer

How are you using SS? I'd recommend you use it to put as much distance ( a full screen if possible ) between you and the enemy while it's active. During this process drop traps to slow them down allowing for more recovery time. Try switching up gloom with Reign of Vengence (stampede). This works very well in many places that are not only open, but bottle necked. Mobs can't act while being knocked back, and there is a recovery time for them.

Just an update. I tried this in my last game, and it worked. I actually switched out Preparation/Backup Plan for this, and Shadow Power/Gloom for multishot, and it worked pretty well. Multishot works because I have a cold bow, so I can slow them down a bit. And Rain of Vengence is nice to have because it doesn't work on discipline or hatred, so it's a nice free ability I don't have to worry about taking away from anything else.

I actually did pretty well with the group I was with for a little while. The monk complimented me while complaining about the other DH and Wizard dying way too much. So, that's a good sign. I still need to invest in far more vitality when I get some gold back from the AH.

In other news.... Why won't any of my stuff sell, lol. I have a bunch of really good finds worth a good amount, and I thought I underpriced them all, but they just aren't selling. Bah. I really could use all that gold now. I'm antsy!

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Well, goedendags ARE pretty common in act 1 haha.

In other news, I freaking beat inferno Ghom with my wizard, wooooo! I died quite a few times, but not nearly as many as Belial, and that one I couldn't beat on my own.
The thing is, I completely forgot to bring my follower with me and I have fairly modest gear considering I'm in act 3 and pretty much did all of act 2 and 3 (prior to Ghom) with other people. I can't progress further than Ghom either, I just get nuked by elite packs. Still, I'm pretty happy.

Sorry, but I need another price check because prices seem all over the place and I can't make out what people would value most on this amulet (apart from LOH and either stat boost obviously):

idchk0bI13pVG.png

Does 1 mil sound about right? Too high? Too low?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I actually did pretty well with the group I was with for a little while. The monk complimented me while complaining about the other DH and Wizard dying way too much. So, that's a good sign. I still need to invest in far more vitality when I get some gold back from the AH.

Do you always play in public games? It seems like all your stories involve randoms.

What the most difficult piece for everyone to find? I think helmets are near impossible for me. At least with what I want. If you do a search for LpSS / Dex 130+ / RES all with level 60+, you get almost no results. If you accept helms with lower level requirements, thigns are better, but the LpSS is almost zilch.

Gloves are tough to find simply because I need more search slots.

Kunohara

For me it seems fists never drop for me. I always have a fucking lot of bows/xbows drop, but never any fists (I'm a monk btw). I would love to just have a rare one drop for once, but nope.

Trickster

What the most difficult piece for everyone to find? I think helmets are near impossible for me. At least with what I want. If you do a search for LpSS / Dex 130+ / RES all with level 60+, you get almost no results. If you accept helms with lower level requirements, thigns are better, but the LpSS is almost zilch.

Gloves are tough to find simply because I need more search slots.

Probably helmets and gloves, pretty much want 5 specific stats on both those slots in an ideal world, and given the shitty filter options of the AH, it becomes pretty cumbersome to search for items like that.

In terms of difficulty with finding items from farming, gotta say pretty much any ilvl 63 item. The ones I find are NEVER good.

For me it seems fists never drop for me. I always have a fucking lot of bows/xbows drop, but never any fists (I'm a monk btw). I would love to just have a rare one drop for once, but nope.

I actually swapped my entire build around one glove drop. I used to have an ALL RES + POISON RES build. Then I got a pair of goves with 65 ALL res / 40 Arcane / 140 Dex / 70 Vit / 8 IAS. I changed out all my gear for those gloves and am now ALL + Arcane Stack on resists.

Probably helmets and gloves, pretty much want 5 specific stats on both those slots in an ideal world, and given the shitty filter options of the AH, it becomes pretty cumbersome to search for items like that.

In terms of difficulty with finding items from farming, gotta say pretty much any ilvl 63 item. The ones I find are NEVER good.

I would be happy to find 4 stats on a helm and can't do it. I want more resists on my helm but don't want to sacrifice Dex or LpSS. It seem impossible.

HenryHSH

lol not really. When I said I quit 3 OTs ago (?), I really did quit. Or did you honestly believe I'd say "wooo, beat the skeleton king" in a serious note :p? Watching my friend play this game for the first time currently.

Don't make me dig through your post history! You've quit at least 3 times. :p

Yoshichan

Don't make me dig through your post history! You've quit at least 3 times. :p
And I was clearly "taking small breaks" every time; but when I said I quit, I did quit (no regrets either). No one believed me but I realized that this game's truly trash very early on so :lol

RDreamer

Do you always play in public games? It seems like all your stories involve randoms.

Pretty much. Not necessarily always public games. I duo with a wizard quite frequently, and I have a friend that plays DH and Barb, and they bring some friends sometimes.

I rarely ever solo. I really hate soloing in Diablo games. Never did it in D2, either. Just boring stuff. That's why I can't get into Torchlight at all. No online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom