• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trickster

Yea not too long actually. Maybe 15-20 hours. I do consider myself to have bad luck perhaps they are coming.

The stuff you get can vary A LOT just in item levels. I mainly farm act 2 inferno. And yesterday I had 2 clears where at the end of the run I had something like 12 and 16 ilvl 63 rares. Then I do an act 2 clear today, and get 4 ilvl 63 rares.

Zyzyxxz

Guys I can't decide... should I keep it to use or sell it?

nEwqm.jpg

Danj

OK, I am clearly not ready for Inferno, just died twice to Captain Dalton in the hidden cellar at the beginning of Act 1. Here are my stats, please tell me what I need to upgrade and how to get the gold I'll need to buy said upgrades:

Level 60 Wizard
Gold: 19971

Str: 260
Dex: 381
Int: 1459
Vit: 936
Armor: 4479
DPS: 11439.92
Attacks per second: 1.47

HP: 37000
Life Regen: 305
LoH: 265
Health globes: +1112

Resists: 194/169/211/206/219/169

That's a lot of HP. I'm doing act 1 with (mostly) no problems, but I've got about double your DPS, half your health and half your armour. Maybe concentrate more on your crowd control skills so you don't have to worry about your health so much? I can't see exactly from your numbers there, but I'm guessing your crit is pretty low too. If it's not, then you could probably just get a cheap 1h in the 750 - 800dps range for about 50k, that would help a lot.

As for gold, I asked as well and I've been running Hell Act 3 from Siegebreaker to Azmodan. With that DPS you might want to consider Nightmare instead (with a ton of +gold / +pickup range gear on)

I feel pretty good about beating inferno Diablo with my Barb without using the AH. I got mediocre hand-me-down amulets and gloves, but that's it. The rest of the stuff I got I picked up myself.

Feels so good to tank shit after playing DH for so long. Now I can just leave my barb as is and buy more shit for my DH. Cool beans.

edit: My friend just got a pretty godlike 1handed sword for 3m. I'm pretty sure the seller just missed a zero in that auction, haha. Feel bad for the dude. Specially if that sword was his first big break. :(

jsrv

Thinking of giving up on my WD until they decide to buff/fix the class

For non-tanking Wizards in Inferno act 3/4, what do you look for in a weapon besides Crit Damage + Socket? Is the wizard only bonus from wands a necessity for some builds (like mana regen for WDs from Ceremonial knives)? Is fast attack speed ideal or slow?

Erehael

Neo Member
Any Euro Gaffers willing to craft a Perfect Star Emerald for me for a small fee? I have the 537 Tomes required and about 60 Flawless Squares. I'd pay the rest in cash.

It would be much appreciated.
Please leave a note here with your Battle Tag or shoot me a pm.

Danj

OK well I fiddled around a bit (also I now have less gold, so I'll need to do the gold farming before I can do anything else) and these are my stats now, with the extra numbers you asked for added in:

Str 237
Dex 468
Int 1710
Vit 912

Armor 4418
DPS 12843.21
Attacks per sec 1.47
Crit chance 5%
Crit damage +50%

Block amount 1244-1444
Block chance 19%
Dodge chance 19.2%
Damage reduction 59.58%
Resists: 219/194/222/276/244/194
Crowd control reduction 13.55%
Thorns 262

HP 36060
Life regen 421
LoH 265

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Thinking of giving up on my WD until they decide to buff/fix the class

For non-tanking Wizards in Inferno act 3/4, what do you look for in a weapon besides Crit Damage + Socket? Is the wizard only bonus from wands a necessity for some builds (like mana regen for WDs from Ceremonial knives)? Is fast attack speed ideal or slow?
What's wrong with the wd? I just cleared act 2 with average stats. Only 11.1k dps and 400 plus resist all. Only good thing I have is 700 loh. Stuck in act 3 though because I couldn't afford to upgrade. Played with a wizard friend before, doesn't seem like he is doing that much better than I am.

Pepto

Banned
What's wrong with the wd? I just cleared act 2 with average stats. Only 11.1k dps and 400 plus resist all. Only good thing I have is 700 loh. Stuck in act 3 though because I couldn't afford to upgrade. Played with a wizard friend before, doesn't seem like he is doing that much better than I am.

With those stats you are going to get one shotted by everything in act 3.

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
With those stats you are going to get one shotted by everything in act 3.
I played an hour of act 3 just fine (as in, not one shotted) though it was challenging. Loh and acid rain does wonders, though I admit I am not too far in yet.

Gaspode_T

Maybe it is a part of the way the economy works but I am having a super hard time selling L30 to L45 items on AH. I also think I better understand what should sell and what should not so I am even more baffled - is it that players who are making alts just want to buy something 10 to 29 range and then power up through Nightmare without buying much like I am doing myself? It is kind of an "in the middle" level range where you only catch people who are on their way up to 60 right...and most of the newbs are excluded too.

I finally started to die after having a bunch of L22 to L29 items so at L42 I had to upgrade some equipment, but I tried to keep it as cheap as possible...

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
Maybe it is a part of the way the economy works but I am having a super hard time selling L30 to L45 items on AH. I also think I better understand what should sell and what should not so I am even more baffled - is it that players who are making alts just want to buy something 10 to 29 range and then power up through Nightmare without buying much like I am doing myself? It is kind of an "in the middle" level range where you only catch people who are on their way up to 60 right...and most of the newbs are excluded too.

I finally started to die after having a bunch of L22 to L29 items so at L42 I had to upgrade some equipment, but I tried to keep it as cheap as possible...

Yea, the problem is that the economy is starting to stabilize right now. Game sales are top heavy, so right now, there are fewer and fewer new players playing through the earlier parts of the game and willing to buy low levelled items. Many of the people playing now also have level 60 alts, so if they want a lower levelled equipment, they can simply farm a few chapters ahead for little to no effort.

eek5

Is the AH worldwide? Like selling in EU it will also be available in the US?

I didn't ask why you would bother to tell us the region. I simply asked why you spoiler tagged it instead of leaving it visible for anyone wishing to help you price your items (both of which have 3 or less valuable stats each and would be easy to just search for and price yourself)

Gaspode_T

Blizzard needs to do a sale on this game, I want to recommend it to my friend but I cant really tell him to spend $60 on it...I think maybe they will take their sweet time doing it though.

I just got a L36 Templar follower Rare with awesome stats (36 Life on Hit too)...even this will probably have a hard time fetching 10K :( I had a 1H crossbow with huge crit for DH and it hasn't sold yet.

ch0mp

About the only gear I buy from 1-59 is a weapon every 5-10 levels, and reduced requirement gear.

So I finished inferno on my tanky barb and I'm so sick of dealing shit damage. What is the current best DPS build for barb (while still maintaining some suvivability)? Dual-wield with crit? And also, there any viable builds without going sprint + WW?

equil

I just purchased a Radiant Star ruby from the auction house for around 20 million gold. So i was going to place it into my pants. But first i had to remove the two perfect Star rubies from my pants. I went to the Jeweler, removed the two perfect star rubies, and as i was dragging the Radiant star Ruby into my pants, the game froze. And when i logged back in the Radiant star ruby was gone. So now I'm missing the Radiant star ruby because the game froze.

I submitted a ticket, but do you think i'll get it back?

Zeppelin

Any Euro Gaffers willing to craft a Perfect Star Emerald for me for a small fee? I have the 537 Tomes required and about 60 Flawless Squares. I'd pay the rest in cash.

It would be much appreciated.
Please leave a note here with your Battle Tag or shoot me a pm.

Unless my calculations are crazy off, you'll need 243 Flawless Squares to be able to make one Perfect Star. And 1.6 M gold.

Trickster

Need advice with a shoulder purchase

Need to know which of these I should choose

Shoulder 1 -
Price: 5.5 million
4du3x.jpg

Shoulder 2-
Price - 7 million:
df6lo.jpg

RivalCore

Second set. You're losing 20 odd VIT for higher resist, STR and Armour. It's an i63 so it will probably maintain it's value as well.

Spotted a nice amulet on the AH for 25k. bid on it, with 36 hours left. Some minutes later, I was out bidded. I go and check it out...

the guy put 800k on the table. lol wut

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Spotted a nice amulet on the AH for 25k. bid on it, with 36 hours left. Some minutes later, I was out bidded. I go and check it out...

the guy put 800k on the table. lol wut

I was bidding on an item yesterday, it literally went from 3 million to 8 million in the last minute... damn snipers.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Anyone have the 6 prop glove recipe for sale?

I wish I could sell you mine, I'd like that 36 million back.

I was bidding on an item yesterday, it literally went from 3 million to 8 million in the last minute... damn snipers.

If you don't like snipers then make the max you'll pay for an item your bid. The AH will automatically increment your bid for you if somebody competes and if they don't you'll get a refund of the money it didn't have to increment.

Nobody will snipe anything from you that way, they just might pay more than you think the item is worth---which you'd be OK with unless you were trying to snipe the item yourself, lol.

3 days without diablo 3 and I've gotten sucked into Patapon 2 instead. Turns out it is just another farming game, nooooooooo.

Also, I bout an item but I got charge only with the initial price ? I guess if you buy an item for over the intial price and if you were the only bidder, you pay only the first price ? That's pretty cool

Rufus

I wish I had 36 million. Finding a weapon upgrade is proving to be difficult.

Also, I bout an item but I got charge only with the initial price ? I guess if you buy an item for over the intial price and if you were the only bidder, you pay only the first price ? That's pretty cool
Of course. It works just like Ebay.

eek5

Bidding works like eBay. It's proxy bidding so the winner pays the second highest bid.

eek5

wait, wat ? So I just have to go all in to win every bid and I'll only pay for the second bid ?

Yes. If the starting bid is 5000 gold and someone bids 100k then at the last second you bid 20 million, you'll win for 101k or whatever the minimum increment is at that level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom