• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I've got a hundred million gold and I still feel like nothing on the GAH is worth it. There's no way I'm paying 60 mil for something that will add like 800 dps. Fuck that noise.

Man, I've got a hundred million gold and I still feel like nothing on the GAH is worth it. There's no way I'm paying 60 mil for something that will add like 800 dps. Fuck that noise.

If it's a burden I'll take the money off of you.

... but I know what you mean, I'm only around the 10-20 mil point at anytime and even though a 16 million piece would be a huge upgrade I can never bring myself to pull the trigger.

Hmm why ? Can you already farm act 3 inferno ?

Because if not it's a classic case of money lying in the bank doing nothing while it could be used to make more money.

Danj

If you're in the EU I'd be happy to relieve you of some of the burden of those millions of gold. I've only got ~120k and still need to buy equipment for Inferno.

Oh the joys of the auction hall in the moments leading up to down time.

I've got three big upgrades going real cheap and only ten minutes until they are mine. (They all end during maint.)

Edit: Looks like I only got one, shoot. Oh well, it's a big upgrade weapon wise.

Vodh

UA8ol.jpg

Up for grabs on EU AH, no buyout, bid starts at 100 gold!

i really, really hope it gets high enough for me not to regret it...

DSmalls84

I got my Wizard to 60 yesterday and my stats are:

32k hp
27k damage (Force Weapon)
850-950 Resist All (Prismatic Armor)
700 Life Regen/Sec (Without Gal. Ward)
715 LOH

Pretty new to wizard, but what stats are needed to clear Inferno Post 1.0.3?

Danj

I got my Wizard to 60 yesterday and my stats are:

32k hp
27k damage (Force Weapon)
850-950 Resist All (Prismatic Armor)
700 Life Regen/Sec (Without Gal. Ward)
715 LOH

Pretty new to wizard, but what stats are needed to clear Inferno Post 1.0.3?

How are people getting stats like this with wizards? Does everyone except me have the millions of gold needed to buy 1000+ dps weapons and all items with like +200 or +300 int on each of them or something?

DSmalls84

How are people getting stats like this with wizards? Does everyone except me have the millions of gold needed to buy 1000+ dps weapons and all items with like +200 or +300 int on each of them or something?

My weapon is a 765 dmg wand with 50 int and 43% crit. My offhand is 88-337 dmg and has over 100 int on it. I stacked a lot of my armor pieces with Crit chance and damage where possible. I think I have 20% chance and around 150% crit damage.

GJS

Seriously, it takes time. You have to decide what you are looking for and get there piece by piece.

However you certainly don't need 1k dps weapons and maximum intelligence rolls.

LordCanti

Nooooo! I finally got my alt barb to Hell, and I come back from breakfast to find extended maintenance. Y u do me liek dis, based blizzard?

Hey man, I worked harder for dem pixels harder than I work in my job!

But yeah, 100m isn't worth much anyway, so why even bother.

100m is easily $400-$500 in AH to RMAH flips, thanks to Blizzard not turning on in-game gold selling.

If that's not a lot of money to you, I digress.

DSmalls84

I also farmed about 11 million gold with my Barb before I leveled my Wizard and while I was farming found about half of the gear I use now.

My weapon is a 765 dmg wand with 50 int and 43% crit. My offhand is 88-337 dmg and has over 100 int on it. I stacked a lot of my armor pieces with Crit chance and damage where possible. I think I have 20% chance and around 150% crit damage.
Did you get lucky with drops or do you have a sugar daddy? My gear looked nothing like that when I hit 60 and I sure as shit didn't have the gold to buy that sort of stuff.

Edit - Ahh, just saw your last post.

larvi

Another bugged achievement, got my dh to level 60 last night but didn't get the achievement for it. I also haven't been able to get the act 1 bestiary since it won't give me credit for the Butcher lore entry even though I have it.

Also started inferno and played up through beating the skeleton king. My gear isn't anything special but I managed ok up to that point with only a handful of deaths. I'm sure I will hit the wall soon though.

Punisher

Neo Member
been playing hardcore without using the AH and it's been a blast.

Lvl 55 Barb in Hell and things are starting to get dangerous.

Not using the AH made the game way more fun...

Xanathus

So now that all of the exp exploits (heh) have been fixed, what's the fastest way to grind up from ~57 to 60? I'm liking the end of Act 3 because those huge packs of tiny scorpions easily give you massacre exp bonuses, and I guess you get a bit of exp from killing Cydaea and Azmodan. What level are the enemies in Act 3 and 4 Hell?

zoukka

How many hours have you played? Many people have hundreds of hours under their belt so they're bound to have better shit that you.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Anyone know of a functional remote desktop app that lets you mess around with Diablo 3 remotely?

I'd love to be able to log into my PC at home and check out the AH and whatnot, but LogMeIn has a big 'ole grey screen when I try and bring it up, and the troubleshooting on the site doesn't fix anything.

Looks like there are some TOS-level agreements that make it so you shouldn't be able to do this kind of remote accessing?

Would suck!

As a total aside, I think I want to stop leveling my monk and roll a witch doctor...I know they aren't the best class, but it looks like they are still viable on Inferno and seem fun as hell "BEARS!!!".

Am I just setting myself up for disappointment? I suspect if they are really that imbalanced Bliz would be buffing them or nerfing others soon anyways, right?

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Anyone know of a functional remote desktop app that lets you mess around with Diablo 3 remotely?

I'd love to be able to log into my PC at home and check out the AH and whatnot, but LogMeIn has a big 'ole grey screen when I try and bring it up, and the troubleshooting on the site doesn't fix anything.

Looks like there are some TOS-level agreements that make it so you shouldn't be able to do this kind of remote accessing?

Would suck!

As a total aside, I think I want to stop leveling my monk and roll a witch doctor...I know they aren't the best class, but it looks like they are still viable on Inferno and seem fun as hell "BEARS!!!".

Am I just setting myself up for disappointment? I suspect if they are really that imbalanced Bliz would be buffing them or nerfing others soon anyways, right?

Splashtop remote

DSmalls84

Would suck!

Bears are great in Act 1 but when I played WD they were hard to use in Act 2 (Most people go Darts here). I don't know if it has gotten easier since 1.0.3 changed some of the Act 2 Enemies (Wasp, Lacuni Prowlers) attack patterns (I believe Wasp run away from you less now?).

garath

Found a decent weapon in Act I a couple days ago. Don't even think I had any stacks. Don't have a screenshot but the stats are:

Monk 1-h
750ish dps
+90 dex
+45 vit
+150 int
Life on hit 902
Crit damage 50ish
Socket

There's only a couple pages worth of weapons that are even close to it. Really looks like a 20-30m weapon to me. Unfortunately my friend that I co-op with all the time is a monk and I let him use it while we were playing Act II last night and he loved it. I feel bad for selling it but if it could fetch that much it could fund a few upgrades for me. Everything I own is < 1m a piece.

So I put it up for 30m with no buyout. We'll see if I get any hits. Nothing so far ~ 12 hours in.

So this had no bids on it by the time I went to bed with 8 hours left. When I woke up however, it had sold for 68m.

Wow. Maybe I should have put that up on the RMAH lol.

Time to go on a DH shopping spree. I'll blow half that on a weapon of my own.

zulux21

are there any act 2 goblin farmers in here that don't already have a dedicated group for farming?

My friend and myself are doing gobs (sometimes with another friend but usually not) from time to time and would love to have another person (who actually has a decent MF set) or two join us.

we often farm from 10PM to 6am Central US time.

koji

So guys, farming act 1 comfortably with 235MF or move on to act 2 and try my luck there? (with progression gear) Been getting shit loot last couple of days.

Also, anyone mind sharing an act 2 farming routine/path?

Act 2 is going to be a huge pain for my WD, certainly the way I've been gearing up so far. (Summoner build)

Fularu

Banned
omg. Those catagories. Them Art. THAT HAS BUYOUT OPTION.

I waaaant.

Current AH is better than what those screens suggest. You can't look by values or level.

Would more than 3 search options be nice? Sure but I never understood the search issues people have.

The only real problem i have with the AH is that you can't sort by "time remaining" and can't filter out high bid values. I like the 10 items limit because it avoids having an even more flooded market and an even bigger crash.

garath

So guys, farming act 1 comfortably with 235MF or move on to act 2 and try my luck there? (with progression gear) Been getting shit loot last couple of days.

Act 2 is going to be a huge pain for my WD, certainly the way I've been gearing up so far. (Summoner build)

Act 2 is a big jump in difficulty and honestly I can't say I've gotten much better stuff in Act 2 or Act 3 than I did in Act 1. The numbers are more in your favor to get a better item but Act 1 is so much easier and can be done so much quicker that I'm not sure it's worth it.

That opinion is for me the way I am geared right now at least. I melt Act I. I make lots of gold, have very few deaths and clear very quickly. I usually run highlands until I get 5 stacks then go leoric to Butcher and it takes me about an hour.

Act II, I die much more frequently, clear times are long long long. I don't make much money because of repair costs and I'm lucky if I can kill even half the number of elite groups in the same time.

zulux21

If you don't have a decently high damage output I recommend just farming gobs in act 2 (to try to obtain better gear). If you are able to clear act 1 in your MF set you should be able to farm goblins just fine.

Current AH is better than what those screens suggest. You can't look by values or level.

Would more than 3 search options be nice? Sure but I never understood the search issues people have.

The only real problem i have with the AH is that you can't sort by "time remaining" and can't filter out high bid values. I like the 10 items limit because it avoids having an even more flooded market and an even bigger crash.

the search issue would be a lot of good items have 4 or 5 stats of interest which makes pricing them really hard to do as it's hard to compare 4-5 stats when you can only look at 3 at a time.

as for problems with the AH the two you said are big, but also not being able to set how long you want it up. Being able to set an item to 6 hours to try to sell it quickly but not have to set a buyout price would be nice. at the same time being able to say set an amazing item to sell for 3-4 days so you can get as many people as possible to look at it and bid on it would also be nice... but the biggest thing I would love to see is a way to cancel auctions that don't have bids on them. I try to price things to move (I often look for the lowest priced thing that compares and have my price be 25% off that) but there are a number of items priced 25-100k that just don't move even if you are the cheapest, and at least I don't know what all of those items are.

scosher

My route in Act 2 farming is usually as follows:

- Choose last quest Lord of Lies (gives you Adria and Leah as followers outdoors).
- Dahlgur Oasis for 5 stacks (if you get one or both of the tombs to spawn, clear them)
- Sewer waypoint for 1-2 quick packs
- Black Mines waypoint for 1-2 packs around the area, then I backtrack to Howling Plateau for the pack there and a possible event w/ elite spawn (the "terrified girl" one)
- Ancient Path waypoint -- don't bother clearing all of Desolate Sands, but search for the Vault of Assassin and killing any elites on the way.
- Vault of Assassin - this dungeon has like 5-6 elites minimum.
- Road to Alcarnus waypoint for the elite pack on the way to Maghda.
- Then I go kill Belial.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Splashtop remote
It doesn't look like they offer a PC to PC solution anymore? I'm scouring their site and don't see anything jumping at me.

Bears are great in Act 1 but when I played WD they were hard to use in Act 2 (Most people go Darts here). I don't know if it has gotten easier since 1.0.3 changed some of the Act 2 Enemies (Wasp, Lacuni Prowlers) attack patterns (I believe Wasp run away from you less now?).

But it sounds like they are at least viable? Like I won't get ROLFstomped trying to roll into Inferno?

zulux21

My route in Act 2 farming is usually as follows:

- Choose last quest Lord of Lies (gives you Adria and Leah as followers outdoors).
- Dahlgur Oasis for 5 stacks (if you get one or both of the tombs to spawn, clear them)
- Sewer waypoint for 1-2 quick packs
- Black Mines waypoint for 1-2 packs around the area, then I backtrack to Howling Plateau for the pack there and a possible event w/ elite spawn (the "terrified girl" one)
- Ancient Path waypoint -- don't bother clearing all of Desolate Sands, but search for the Vault of Assassin and killing any elites on the way.
- Vault of Assassin - this dungeon has like 5-6 elites minimum.
- Road to Alcarnus waypoint for the elite pack on the way to Maghda.
- Then I go kill Belial.

I will have to try that one out. I currently use this one

though I imagine if i try yours out i will skip killing beilal as I just don't see him being worth the time and effort .

koji

Thanks for the replies guys!

Damage output might be a bit of a problem, have a semi OK weapon but only around 13/14k dmg, not really stacking a lot of INT. (or VIT for that matter)

Been buying gear to keep my pets alive (armor, resists, regen, thorns)

If I want to kill stuff "fast" in act 2 I guess I'll have to invest in some new stuff :)

thanks for the farming route as well, copy pasted and mailed to myself :-D

Estein

Banned

Would suck!

I use LogMeIn. Try turning down the color quality and opening in Windowed mode, that's what I had to do. You won't be able to play but you can browse the AH.

garath

So for a DH,

Dual wield 1H xbows, or 2H xbow and a quiver? Bang for your buck with a ~30m budget.

Right now I have a 950dps 2h xbow w/ crit damage and 150 dex and a quiver. Gives me about 25k dps with my current gear. It was a 300k weapon though. I'm ready to upgrade.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
It doesn't look like they offer a PC to PC solution anymore? I'm scouring their site and don't see anything jumping at me.

go to products

then "other products"

though i tested through ipad on full screen... (splashtop 2) i am fairly sure that Diablo 3 will work at least windowed through splashtop 1... I've played a game of starcraft through it before

scosher

I will have to try that one out. I currently use this one

though I imagine if i try yours out i will skip killing beilal as I just don't see him being worth the time and effort .

Hrmm, yeah, ending at Vault of Assassin and reloading right back there is probably more efficient.

I'm the type though who has to take a break after an hour and a half farming run, or switch up Acts for variety, so I like capping a run with a boss kill.

Also, Belial for my wizard is super easy now and takes at most 1 minute to kill, plus there's the easiest elite pack right before him (the serpents that stand still and channel the lightning aura).

zulux21

Hrmm, yeah, ending at Vault of Assassin and reloading right back there is probably more efficient.

I'm the type though who has to take a break after an hour and a half farming run, or switch up Acts for variety, so I like capping a run with a boss kill.

I can get that, I usually break up things by taking a break, and then watching something while doing some gobs yet saving the vault check point for the next run lol.

DSmalls84

But it sounds like they are at least viable? Like I won't get ROLFstomped trying to roll into Inferno?

I think any class is viable provided you have the gear. I mean I have seen streams of WDs in Act III inferno so it has to be viable, you might have to change your build around as you progress though. I just didn't like kiting and Darting enemies all day, so I switched to a different class. I was using Bears in Act 1 without problems before the 1.0.3 patch with about 24k damage and it worked fine there.

Blitzzz

made some expensive progress in A3 inferno last night with a wiz friend and got to Cydaea where we promptly got shut down. Did a bit better solo and can get her down to 30% before being overrun by spiderlings. Any tips?

DH w/scoundrel
~53k dps no SS
~300 resist
~28k hp

best run was using
hungering->devouring
ball lightning
stun caltrops
smoke
gloom
prep

DSmalls84

What follower are you guys using with the Wizard? I was using scoundrel in Hell with a cold damage bow and his Crit boost. Anyone using the Enchantress instead for the Armor/IAS?

zulux21

made some expensive progress in A3 inferno last night with a wiz friend and got to Cydaea where we promptly got shut down. Did a bit better solo and can get her down to 30% before being overrun by spiderlings. Any tips?

DH w/scoundrel
~53k dps no SS
~300 resist
~28k hp

best run was using
hungering->devouring
ball lightning
stun caltrops
smoke
gloom
prep

I should try using the scoundrel some time. I personally tend to use the Templar because I mostly need something to distract the enemies. I have the damage covered.

unfortunately I can't give you much in the way of tips, I rarely run stuff solo, I almost always play with my friend who is just a big distraction for the enemies.

sazzy

Big hig changes in 1.0.3b.

Bid button is getting nerfed. Now the search button is OP. Hope they fix that in 1.0.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom