• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

so no tips on cydaea as a DH? just farm to the point where I can drop her in 3 seconds flat so I don't worry about spiderlings?

What problems are you having with them? It's easy to see where they spawn and they move slow. They shouldn't be touching you.

Guys, would you buy this weapon for your monk if it were up for 15mio?

lwcG0.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I just thought of this Nat's Set based DH build.

I just wonder if it's theoretically possible to basically lay down long fuse traps and then hit Preparation and gain back all your hatred. Next, when the enemy is 1 second from your trap throw bola shot at them with the 2 second rune. Then the second they hit your traps you throw 2 cluster arrows with Loaded for Bear rune at them. Theoretically couldn't you get crits on everything there all in one second and basically annihilate anything in the game depending on your crit damage?

Edit: Could actually throw marked for death on there, too instead of elemental arrow and get even more damage. That could be potentially insanely devastating.

Seems a bit complicated.

If I was gonna use cluster arrow with Nat's set and hatred regen preparation, I'd probably use evasive fire for fast hatred regen, loaded for bear, and grenadier passive for cluster arrow spam.

Or you could just try what this guy does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9rr-kD_i-4

HAs anyone encountered the bug in Act II sewers? There's a unique mob in there. He gets down to about 80% power gone and then none of my attacks work on him. It's funny too because they register spirit regen and life on hit though. Just nothing off of his life. What's even more odd is that my AoE attack does work. Sweeping wind continues to ship away power. However ... it won't kill him.His power is all gone and he still follows me vortexing me the entire time through the sewers as I try to get my first two stacks.

RkOwnage

'Just too hard'???

Fuck that, they need to make the game harder.

Preferably harder in the sense that it takes more strategy to win, not just overgearing the content so you don't get one shot.

Broken was another option, and the one I was going with. Not in all areas, but you know...

RDreamer

Seems a bit complicated.

If I was gonna use cluster arrow with Nat's set and hatred regen preparation, I'd probably use evasive fire for fast hatred regen, loaded for bear, and grenadier passive for cluster arrow spam.

Or you could just try what this guy does:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X9rr-kD_i-4

That's basically exactly what I have been doing now. I was just trying to think outside the box and see just how devastating you could get within just that one second.

Actually if you wanted to stack things even further yeah you could use the grenadier passive and suicide right as you were doing that other stuff, lol.

'Just too hard'???

Fuck that, they need to make the game harder.

Preferably harder in the sense that it takes more strategy to win, not just overgearing the content so you don't get one shot.

... if the game had direct control i would like for it to need to use more player skill than just dodging out of desecrators and arcane sentries. But it doesnt so i am fine with the way the difficultly works.

Blitzzz

Hey I'd intended to post earlier but then promptly forgot. I believe we have the exact same skill setup. My DPS/Resists are higher than yours, but not like they are light years beyond what you have.

I didn't really have too tough of a time with her....I actually beat her first try so I don't even have that many tips as I haven't beat her since. I tried to keep her at the edge of the screen for the most part and whenever the spiderlings showed up, I'd pop gop gloom and take a step back still firing in her direction. In that way, the ball lightning would hit them and then continue on to do some damage on her as well.

How much discipline do you have? I believe I had 40 at the time as I didn't have my current armor yet which gave me another 8. I did need to use smokescreen at least a couple times but I tried to stick to gloom just as it helped out with keeping my HP high.

thx for the reply

hmm I guess my burst isn't quite up to your levels since I need to kite the spiders for a bit. I'll try keeping up gloom when the spiders warp and see how it goes. I lose too much time dpsing by avoiding their 1-2 shot

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That's basically exactly what I have been doing now. I was just trying to think outside the box and see just how devastating you could get within just that one second.

Ah, gotcha.

I think I mentioned it before, but one of the DHs I run with uses the tank DH build with the Nat's set, and prefers that style. It works out pretty well and syncs with the rest of the party.

RDreamer

Ah, gotcha.

I think I mentioned it before, but one of the DHs I run with uses the tank DH build with the Nat's set, and prefers that style. It works out pretty well and syncs with the rest of the party.

What's the tank DH style? Gloom I'm guessing and what else? What kind of equipment and skills?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Since the EU servers are going down tonight, I won't put it outright, but any guesses what this might be worth?

ibpkvdezQM8Hz0.png

No AP on crit or natural crit dmg is too bad, but the pretty high DPS (compared to the wands you can get at reasonable prices on the AH), decent int and 60% crit dmg on the radiant square emerald (which by the way is worth about 200k on its own right now) makes me think 1m at least. Is it too low/high?

[EDIT] Holy crap I gain more than 4K DPS (up from 16k) when I equip it. Must stay strong, need that AP on crit and attack speed... HNNNNNG

Around the 1 mil area. Personally I'd want LOH/IAS/socket on a wand. AP on crit can be reached on the Source very easily. My current wand has similar dmg stats but with LOH/AP crit/dex/vit/socket(crit%).

Ashhong

Anyone know of a functional remote desktop app that lets you mess around with Diablo 3 remotely?

I'd love to be able to log into my PC at home and check out the AH and whatnot, but LogMeIn has a big 'ole grey screen when I try and bring it up, and the troubleshooting on the site doesn't fix anything.
/QUOTE]

Logmein works, you just have to have the game in Windowed mode.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
What's the tank DH style? Gloom I'm guessing and what else? What kind of equipment and skills?

Oh, caltrops jagged spikes, sentry with guardian turret, gloom or smokescreen or both if you like, preparation if you want, and gas grenades.

Passives are custom engineering for longer traps, cull the weak since most of the damage comes from caltrops, and whatever else.

Some like to add in cluster arrow as a hatred dump, some like to use fan of knives, some like to use mark of death, whatever suits your playstyle. My friend doesn't even use any hatred spenders at all.

Get as much life on hit as possible. If you want to be cheap, you can get a low DPS high life on hit off hand crossbow since the offhand DPS doesn't matter for caltrops and grenades.

Basically, 5 stacked caltrops gives you a shit ton of life on hit procs. Gas grenades gives you even more.

You can also add stun/freeze on both weapons, stun on gloves, and freeze on your belt. Those hit procs will also cause a lot of CC procs too.

You might have problems if your nats helm has too much % to fear since they'll run out of your traps. The solution to that is to get a 1% fear nats helm, or to get a nats xbow offhand with life on hit and stun and then replace the hat.

So now that all of the exp exploits (heh) have been fixed, what's the fastest way to grind up from ~57 to 60? I'm liking the end of Act 3 because those huge packs of tiny scorpions easily give you massacre exp bonuses, and I guess you get a bit of exp from killing Cydaea and Azmodan. What level are the enemies in Act 3 and 4 Hell?

Aren't Cydea and Azmodan too deep into act4 ?
My witch doctor had 57-58 lvl when i entered act 3 hell (with 25% ruby and as many +exp items as i could buy.

balddemon

Banned
just got done fighting one of the most annoying packs i've faced

Noxious Guardians with frozen jailer arcane shielding. in the sewers.

but they dropped ilvl 61 set gloves and ilvl 62 shield. so i'm ok with that.

Naw. I'd rather get LOH + socket for 15 mil or critical damage + socket for 15 mil.

Also, the ASPD is pretty slow.

Come to think of it, isn't it smarter to buy a cheapish low DPS weapon but with 1000+ LoH and vitality when you're a tank anyway? Then again, keeping a balance between offence and defence is important as well I assume. I'm not seeing anything better than that spear I posted on the AH.

RDreamer

Oh, caltrops jagged spikes, sentry with guardian turret, gloom or smokescreen or both if you like, preparation if you want, and gas grenades.

Passives are custom engineering for longer traps, cull the weak since most of the damage comes from caltrops, and whatever else.

Some like to add in cluster arrow as a hatred dump, some like to use fan of knives, some like to use mark of death, whatever suits your playstyle. My friend doesn't even use any hatred spenders at all.

Get as much life on hit as possible. If you want to be cheap, you can get a low DPS high life on hit off hand crossbow since the offhand DPS doesn't matter for caltrops and grenades.

Basically, 5 stacked caltrops gives you a shit ton of life on hit procs. Gas grenades gives you even more.

You can also add stun/freeze on both weapons, stun on gloves, and freeze on your belt. Those hit procs will also cause a lot of CC procs too.

You might have problems if your nats helm has too much % to fear since they'll run out of your traps. The solution to that is to get a 1% fear nats helm, or to get a nats xbow offhand with life on hit and stun and then replace the hat.

That sounds pretty cool, actually. Even though you're running gloom constantly I would think this sort of thing would need a lot of defense. Am I right?

Edit: Just tried it with my LOH crossbow for the hell of it. It was insanely devastating on normal mobs to a hilarious degree, but I got outright wasted by elites, probably because my defenses weren't nearly enough and gloom does a piss poor job of letting you know when it runs.

Diablo III Patch 1.0.3b - v.1.0.3.10485
The latest client patch notes can be found here.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
The most recent hotfixes can be found here.
Table of Contents
Auction House
Bug Fixes

Auction House
Bug Fixes
The "Bid" and "Buyout" buttons will now be correctly grayed-out in the confirmation window when attempting to purchase an item with insufficient gold

Bug Fixes
General
Fixed a bug where leaving a heavily-populated General chat channel would prevent players from rejoining any General chat channel until they logged out and logged back in
Fixed several tooltip-related bugs that were occurring when viewing items with 2 or more sockets in the auction house and profile pages
Fixed a rare crash with tutorials on item pickup

What a fucking garbage patch. They even managed to break their damn forums.

syllogism

I just got exactly the same legendary as the person I was playing with, including identical stats. I've heard that happening with rare items, but haven't seen this happen before. Too bad it wasn't a better one (eternal union).

I hope I'm not too annoying but I'm very insecure as to what to do with my 15 million gold.

As a monk, which weapon would prefer?

5nJS6.jpg
lwcG0.jpg

First one grants very good survivability (is life steal an important stat? I haven't started a monk yet, I do feel like spending my money though), the second one excellent damage.

garath

I hope I'm not too annoying but I'm very insecure as to what to do with my 15 million gold.

As a monk, which weapon would prefer?

5nJS6.jpg
lwcG0.jpg

First one grants very good survivability (is life steal an important stat? I haven't started a monk yet, I do feel like spending my money though), the second one excellent damage.

I'm not a monk, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'll answer your question.

Don't spend 15 mil right now on a character you haven't even created yet. I can assure you better weapons will be cheaper by the time you level to 60, unless you plan on a marathon session.

I'm not a monk, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night so I'll answer your question.

Don't spend 15 mil right now on a character you haven't even created yet. I can assure you better weapons will be cheaper by the time you level to 60, unless you plan on a marathon session.

Sounds like a reasonable advice.

RDreamer

Not a chance.

Actually, that's a pretty good price for that damage, LOH, and crit damage. I spent most of yesterday looking at those types of weapons and you don't really see that damage at that price at all. Only problem is that it's a slow weapon and ultimately you can't upgrade the crit damage.

balddemon

Banned
edit: ^^ wait so i should have put my essences and that fiery brimstone on there instead of GAH. terrible.

Think any of these would sell or are they all trash (low dps?)?
http://i.imgur.com/pMVUM.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/pkZcM.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/rCn6F.jpg[IMG][IMG]http://i.imgur.com/9nVcy.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

amulet will sell (probs for a lot)
everything else is garbage

Macmanus

Not sure if anyone posted yet, but Commodities work on RMAH now.

At work now so I can't check, but how much is Exquisite essence going for? Do you think there will even be a cash market for it? I've got soooo much hoarded right now.

amulet will sell (probs for a lot)
everything else is garbage

That axe is baller for an enchantress. It wont fetch a lot, but someone will buy it.

Vodh

The DHs have shifted from Nether Tentacles to Ball Lightning... What am I missing? It does the same damage, flies at roughly same speed, has the same aoe (?) and doesn't have lifesteal. What makes it a superior choice?

The DHs have shifted from Nether Tentacles to Ball Lightning... What am I missing? It does the same damage, flies at roughly same speed, has the same aoe (?) and doesn't have lifesteal. What makes it a superior choice?

nether only attacks one enemy per tentacle now

Needs dex or vit or socket to be worth 15mil
maybe 7.5-10

There's no such thing on the AH. I found a heavily overpriced weapon with similar stats + 80 dex but with a 100 lower DPS. I don't think 80 dex make up for that.

edit:

Is this better?

8rlOc.jpg

Significantly lower DPS, but higher crit dmg, attack speed and vitality.

Blitzzz

BL can hit multiple times like old NT.... I see a lot of people shift to cluster bombs TBH

equil

At work now so I can't check, but how much is Exquisite essence going for? Do you think there will even be a cash market for it? I've got soooo much hoarded right now.

That axe is baller for an enchantress. It wont fetch a lot, but someone will buy it.

Exquisites are 27cents, but you have to buy atleast $1 worth to actually be able to buy anything.

Ramirez

NT & BL are both boring skills. I can't be the only DH who rolled the class to shoot fast projectiles, not big globs that take forever to travel, meh.

I'm personally using Evasive Fire>Covering Fire & Impale>Grievous Wounds. EF crits for up to 110K for me on 3 targets, and it generates hatred, I like it. I only wish the backflip was a little more reliable as to when it happens. Seems like it kicks in sometimes when nothing is around you...

Blitzzz

NT & BL are both boring skills. I can't be the only DH who rolled the class to shoot fast projectiles, not big globs that take forever to travel, meh.

I'm personally using Evasive Fire>Covering Fire & Impale>Grievous Wounds. EF crits for up to 110K for me on 3 targets, and it generates hatred, I like it. I only wish the backflip was a little more reliable as to when it happens. Seems like it kicks in sometimes when nothing is around you...

Yeah I like Evasive even after the nerf/fix... free multishot clears trash quick

I usually swap between devouring and evasive. I don't really like spray of teeth even though some others do.

I like cluster over BL now too. Big burst gets things down fast but short range is super annoying when doing full screen kites :( I want the elite's mortar lol

There's no such thing on the AH. I found a heavily overpriced weapon with similar stats + 80 dex but with a 100 lower DPS. I don't think 80 dex make up for that.

edit:

Is this better?

8rlOc.jpg

Significantly lower DPS, but higher crit dmg, attack speed and vitality.

I would use the fist instead because of faster attack speed and slightly higher crit. Vit is a huge bonus too thats like 2-3k hp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom