• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

This just dropped for me - missing critical hit unfortunately, but max IAS, 9 Max Disc, high DEX and decent Hatred regen still makes it a slight upgrade for me.

oyIf1.jpg

IIRC, DML cannot roll crit as that is the Blackbone quiver that does. It's still a good roll and will sell quite well. Hungering Arrow damage is second only to Elemental Arrow.

Tapiozona

Banned
I got my Wizard to 60 yesterday and my stats are:

32k hp
27k damage (Force Weapon)
850-950 Resist All (Prismatic Armor)
700 Life Regen/Sec (Without Gal. Ward)
715 LOH

Pretty new to wizard, but what stats are needed to clear Inferno Post 1.0.3?

Would love to see a screen shot of your stats and armor. Not saying you're lying...actually yes I am. You just hit 60 and you have all that? That's millions upon millions in gear.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
No AH to check, but I'd guess 1-2M maybe? If that Max AP was crit %, it'd be worth multi-millions.

Yeah, with crit% it would be worth around 5 million on the EU AH. I bought a Dark Mage's Shade (legendary wizard hat) for 5 mil. Had 10 AP on crit, 3% crit%, 4% crit% for explosive blast, 9% crowd control reduction, 60+ int/vit and 17 arcane res. Only thing missing was a socket, but there literally is no DMS with a socket on top of crit%, AP on crit, CCD and decent stats on the AH. I got lucky.

Actually, just having a look right now, and it seems I have the best DMS overall. The most expensive buyouts for the thing are 5-7M, and NONE of them have AP on crit, talk about ripoffs. There's one at 4 mil, and even so it's only 7AP on crit.

Tambini, without taking a look I would have said 1-2m like scosher, but right now there's an equivalent helm on the EU AH that goes for 300k.

On the other hand the price quickly goes up from there, and fairly similar helms go for 600k (though with a socket), then 2-3 mil. Try an intermediary price, around 800k-1mil for instance. Once that 300k helm is sold yours should sell quickly. It's a recent auction (1d10h left), so I suppose that's why it's not been sold yet. I'm not flipping it. Again, EU here.

Dark Mage's Shade is a love/indifference kind of thing. The select few that have really good attributes combos can go up for a few millions, but outside of those (which are really rare), nobody wants it. I have another DMS without AP on crit, and I just put it up for 35k <cries>. A shame it's not even lvl 60, could have made a nice fiery brimstone.

garath

Reposting this for a new page. Going to do a little shopping over lunch if everything is back up in time.

So for a DH,

Dual wield 1H xbows, or 2H xbow and a quiver? Bang for your buck with a ~30m budget.

Right now I have a 950dps 2h xbow w/ crit damage and 150 dex and a quiver. Gives me about 25k dps with my current gear. It was a 300k weapon though. I'm ready to upgrade.

koji

I think any class is viable provided you have the gear. I mean I have seen streams of WDs in Act III inferno so it has to be viable, you might have to change your build around as you progress though. I just didn't like kiting and Darting enemies all day, so I switched to a different class. I was using Bears in Act 1 without problems before the 1.0.3 patch with about 24k damage and it worked fine there.

From what I've played so far (160hours) it's a fun and VERY versatile class. I'm just a bit bummed out that pets are such a PITA to use and are not viable after act 1 inferno. (they work fine in act 1, if you are geared for it)

Post act 1 you have two choices, kiting stuff with darts or tank stuff, if I wanted to kite stuff I would have picked DH or wiz from the start and if I wanted to tank I would have rolled a tank, you know...

WD in its current state feels a bit like Druids did when WoW launched, jack of all trades, master of none. I love the versatility though but it doesn't "feel" optimal.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
Reposting this for a new page. Going to do a little shopping over lunch if everything is back up in time.

So for a DH,

Dual wield 1H xbows, or 2H xbow and a quiver? Bang for your buck with a ~30m budget.

Right now I have a 950dps 2h xbow w/ crit damage and 150 dex and a quiver. Gives me about 25k dps with my current gear. It was a 300k weapon though. I'm ready to upgrade.

I have a similar predicament. rocking a quiver and 1h xbow. am looking to go dual 1h xbows.

zulux21

if im running sharpshooter, is +crit chance stat unnecessary?

one second after you scrore a crit hit your crit chance goes back to your base chance and slowly counts back up by 3 percent each second. If you are fighting only 1 enemy every 33 seconds then yes the crit chance stat would be unnecessary, if you are fighting more than one enemy every 33 seconds though (which I would assume you would be otherwise you wouldn't be very far) then the crit chance still matters as, at the very least it makes it so the skill resets at a higher number.

Vodh

Is there any point in any kind of boosting with a 60 friend now, or is running solo act 3 the best way to level?

garath

Is there any point in any kind of boosting with a 60 friend now, or is running solo act 3 the best way to level?

depends on what level you are. If you are 50+, have that 60 friend just mow through the mobs of Act 3-4 Nightmare. I leveled from 55-60 in just around 2 hours with 2 level 60 friends.

Vodh

depends on what level you are. If you are 50+, have that 60 friend just mow through the mobs of Act 3-4 Nightmare. I leveled from 55-60 in just around 2 hours with 2 level 60 friends.

Surely you mean Hell not Nightmare? (and I'm the lvl 60, the friend is 43 ;p)

DSmalls84

Would love to see a screen shot of your stats and armor. Not saying you're lying...actually yes I am. You just hit 60 and you have all that? That's millions upon millions in gear.

I logged a combined 240 hours on a WD and Barb before rolling my Wiz. I had 11 Million gold plus the drops I found on those characters to gear with. I usually dont post screens because I am either at work or on my phone (that and theres not really a quick way to crop and edit them). I might just snap a quick Steam screen and link it later though. No reason to lie about it, I just wanted to find out from the Wiz experts what stat numbers I should work towards to be viable in Act III/IV Inferno.

TommyT

So for a DH,

Why not a 2h bow and quiver? All depends on what you're wanting to go. Are you lacking crit damage or crit chance if you're going a crit build?

BTW is Natalya set full bonus still workind at +2 to discipline or they nerfed it back already ?

It's not being nerfed. Depending on your build the 4 set piece bonus might not be worth it.

Number45

I logged a combined 240 hours on a WD and Barb before rolling my Wiz. I had 11 Million gold plus the drops I found on those characters to gear with. I usually dont post screens because I am either at work or on my phone (that and theres not really a quick way to crop and edit them). I might just snap a quick Steam screen and link it later though. No reason to lie about it, I just wanted to find out from the Wiz experts what stat numbers I should work towards to be viable in Act III/IV Inferno.
I'm guessing he missed the port shortly afterwards where you said it wasn't your first character.

Still, I'm almost at 60 with my fourth and I haven't made any meaningful cash yet (though I haven't touched inferno post patch). Going to get all five there then decide which one I want to try and progress with... barbarian is currently the most fun I've had levelling.

garath

Why not a 2h bow and quiver? All depends on what you're wanting to go. Are you lacking crit damage or crit chance if you're going a crit build?

Right now I'm mostly a crit build. I have 28% crit chance and 157% crit damage and I use hungering arrows and cluster bomb loaded for bear. If I go 2h xbow I'm hoping for a socket + crit damage this time to get it up over 200%.

But more than open for new approaches. Basically just sold an item for 68m and can finally upgrade my gear. Most of what I'm wearing I either found or bought for <500k.

DSmalls84

I'm guessing he missed the port shortly afterwards where you said it wasn't your first character.

Still, I'm almost at 60 with my fourth and I haven't made any meaningful cash yet (though I haven't touched inferno post patch). Going to get all five there then decide which one I want to try and progress with... barbarian is currently the most fun I've had levelling.

Inferno Act 1 drops post patch are a ton better and it took me about 5 days to farm the 11 mil (farming and auctioning items). When I was buying Gloves/Helms/Boots yesterday,it seemed like the prices have fallen a lot on those items over the past few weeks though (Crafting?). Was finding plenty of Wizard helms with 100+ Int, 50 AR, Crit Chance 4% for a few hundred k and noticed gloves were pretty cheap as well.

TommyT

Right now I'm mostly a crit build. I have 28% crit chance and 157% crit damage and I use hungering arrows and cluster bomb loaded for bear. If I go 2h xbow I'm hoping for a socket + crit damage this time to get it up over 200%.

But more than open for new approaches. Basically just sold an item for 68m and can finally upgrade my gear. Most of what I'm wearing I either found or bought for <500k.

Well you're going to always get more +crit damage % if you go with 2h xbow so if you're wanting to stack that then that's what you'd go for. It's not too expensive to get a really high +crit damage % necklace, and depending on your build getting one with high dex doesn't add much to it.

Say you get a 2h xbow with 50% crit damage and a socket. Getting a 70% gem is rather cheap, so that's 170 right there from just the bow and your passive. Finding a +50% amulet isn't too bad either, and find some 30% gloves or two 15% rings (both shouldn't be too bad either) gets you to 250 fairly quick.

Boo they got rid of the ability to track an auction by bidding more gold than you had? Bastards.

Didn't they say they wouldn't nerf it?

I thought it was the opposite. Saying they were happy with where it was after the 'bug' so they were going to leave it. Which is why the price in the set skyrocketed.

LordCanti

Reading the patch notes, I guess you guys were right about the auction house thing. I'm pretty peeved right now, because they're taking away a feature, albeit one that they never intended. Give us a real way to watch an auction without bidding on it before getting rid of the current cheesy method.

I thought it was the opposite. Saying they were happy with where it was after the 'bug' so they were going to leave it. Which is why the price in the set skyrocketed.

That's what I said O_O

Number45

Inferno Act 1 drops post patch are a ton better and it took me about 5 days to farm the 11 mil (farming and auctioning items). When I was buying Gloves/Helms/Boots yesterday,it seemed like the prices have fallen a lot on those items over the past few week though (Crafting?). Was finding plenty of Wizard helms with 100+ Int, 50 AR, Crit Chance 4% for a few hundred k and noticed gloves were pretty cheap as well.
Yeah, I definitely should jump back in and check. As I say my Monk is nearly at 60 (55) and then I just have the DH to go. Hopefully I'll have around 3m by that point, which should be enough to at least get one of the characters started for progression and in turn making some more cash.

Boo they got rid of the ability to track an auction by bidding more gold than you had? Bastards.

Didn't they say they wouldn't nerf it?
Nice that people find a way to get around their shoddy AH and *that* is what is deemed important to fix!

And you are correct about Natalya's, there was a blue post stating it will not be nerfed. I personally feel the gold cost of a nice set could easily just be spent on decking your DH out so you don't need that constant discipline to begin with.

RDreamer

Nice that people find a way to get around their shoddy AH and *that* is what is deemed important to fix!

And you are correct about Natalya's, there was a blue post stating it will not be nerfed. I personally feel the gold cost of a nice set could easily just be spent on decking your DH out so you don't need that constant discipline to begin with.

Yeah the gold towards a nice set could probably do that, but now that I've got a set I think it opens up so many different builds and play styles that it's kind of a bummer just this set offers that. The class is just so much more fun with it, I think.

Reading the patch notes, I guess you guys were right about the auction house thing. I'm pretty peeved right now, because they're taking away a feature, albeit one that they never intended. Give us a real way to watch an auction without bidding on it before getting rid of the current cheesy method.

I feel dumb, I never knew about this "bug." I've been using note cards and jotting down interesting auctions with low bids and when they end. :lol

Yeah the gold towards a nice set could probably do that, but now that I've got a set I think it opens up so many different builds and play styles that it's kind of a bummer just this set offers that. The class is just so much more fun with it, I think.
Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely take a set if I was offered one! =) I can definitely see how having essentially unlimited discipline would be a lot of fun.

So besides the full set, that is the only way to get improved discipline regen? Well that and I know there's a passive that also does it.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
From what I've played so far (160hours) it's a fun and VERY versatile class. I'm just a bit bummed out that pets are such a PITA to use and are not viable after act 1 inferno. (they work fine in act 1, if you are geared for it)

Post act 1 you have two choices, kiting stuff with darts or tank stuff, if I wanted to kite stuff I would have picked DH or wiz from the start and if I wanted to tank I would have rolled a tank, you know...

WD in its current state feels a bit like Druids did when WoW launched, jack of all trades, master of none. I love the versatility though but it doesn't "feel" optimal.

Sounds WD in Inferno is basically the least efficient class to play, but potentially has the most tricks. Hmph..I love the concept of the WD so I think I may give it a go instead of my Monk. Not that I'm not liking my Monk, though...

I use LogMeIn. Try turning down the color quality and opening in Windowed mode, that's what I had to do. You won't be able to play but you can browse the AH.
Thanks for this! Windowed mode nailed it.

RDreamer

Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely take a set if I was offered one! =) I can definitely see how having essentially unlimited discipline would be a lot of fun.

So besides the full set, that is the only way to get improved discipline regen? Well that and I know there's a passive that also does it.

There isn't a passive that gives regen. There is a passive that gives crits a chance to restore 1 discipline, and that could be good if you had a lot of crit chance, but it still seems really unreliable. I'm not exactly sure what the "chance" even is on that. There's also things like Multishot's Supression Fire rune that gives 1 per enemy hit. Other than stuff like that, though there's no way to get regen.

Regen is pretty fun because yeah there's the obvious uses like a lot of Smoke Screen, but it does open up other possibilities. You could build around constant Gloom. You could also use Preparation's Punishment Rune which restores all hatred for 25 discipline and basically trade your "infinite" discipline for almost literally actual infinite hatred. With that you can do cool things like throw on Sharpshooter and have Cluster Arrow ready. When you see a mob your crit chance will be sky high. Just blast them for all your hatred, then hit Preparation and keep blasting away. You can get a ton of elemental arrow with that sort of thing, too. Just keep an eye on your discipline and swap things when it's full. Rapidfire's also a fun one to do this with. You can essentially blast away at an entire elite the whole time with rapid-fire. You could lay spike traps and then use Preparation and still have enough hatred left for elemental arrow or cluster arrow. If you timed things correctly you could get crits on your traps and the arrows within that same second, too!

linsivvi

Ridiculous, isn't it?

Just yesterday my group was hit with the invisible mob bug and we had to kite the invincible monster to somewhere safe before we could proceed.

How about fixing that, Blizzard?

RDreamer

I just thought of this Nat's Set based DH build.

I just wonder if it's theoretically possible to basically lay down long fuse traps and then hit Preparation and gain back all your hatred. Next, when the enemy is 1 second from your trap throw bola shot at them with the 2 second rune. Then the second they hit your traps you throw 2 cluster arrows with Loaded for Bear rune at them. Theoretically couldn't you get crits on everything there all in one second and basically annihilate anything in the game depending on your crit damage?

Edit: Could actually throw marked for death on there, too instead of elemental arrow and get even more damage. That could be potentially insanely devastating.

garath

Darn auction house. I just wanted to browse over lunch. Game up, AH not. At least I made some star gems. DPS climbing with every gem. yay.

Erehael

Neo Member
Trying this again..

Any Euro Gaffer willing to craft a Perfect Star Emerald for me? I have the mats and the money.

Please send me a PM or leave your battle tag.

Thanks!

Darn auction house. I just wanted to browse over lunch. Game up, AH not. At least I made some star gems. DPS climbing with every gem. yay.

I'm hoping it's up soon. I have an auction that ends in a couple hours. Someone had placed a 3.15 million bid last night at about 12:30AM. I'm hoping it's up in time for someone else to bid if they're interested.

Blitzzz

so no tips on cydaea as a DH? just farm to the point where I can drop her in 3 seconds flat so I don't worry about spiderlings?

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
Since the EU servers are going down tonight, I won't put it outright, but any guesses what this might be worth?

ibpkvdezQM8Hz0.png

No AP on crit or natural crit dmg is too bad, but the pretty high DPS (compared to the wands you can get at reasonable prices on the AH), decent int and 60% crit dmg on the radiant square emerald (which by the way is worth about 200k on its own right now) makes me think 1m at least. Is it too low/high?

[EDIT] Holy crap I gain more than 4K DPS (up from 16k) when I equip it. Must stay strong, need that AP on crit and attack speed... HNNNNNG

so no tips on cydaea as a DH? just farm to the point where I can drop her in 3 seconds flat so I don't worry about spiderlings?
Hey I'd intended to post earlier but then promptly forgot. I believe we have the exact same skill setup. My DPS/Resists are higher than yours, but not like they are light years beyond what you have.

I didn't really have too tough of a time with her....I actually beat her first try so I don't even have that many tips as I haven't beat her since. I tried to keep her at the edge of the screen for the most part and whenever the spiderlings showed up, I'd pop gop gloom and take a step back still firing in her direction. In that way, the ball lightning would hit them and then continue on to do some damage on her as well.

How much discipline do you have? I believe I had 40 at the time as I didn't have my current armor yet which gave me another 8. I did need to use smokescreen at least a couple times but I tried to stick to gloom just as it helped out with keeping my HP high.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
Ridiculous, isn't it?

Just yesterday my group was hit with the invisible mob bug and we had to kite the invincible monster to somewhere safe before we could proceed.

How about fixing that, Blizzard?

I've been seeing that a lot since entering act 4 inferno.

So for a DH,

2h + quiver is a lot cheaper. Actually unless you have 100s of millions it's not really worth using 1handers. (Although I myself do).

RkOwnage

Diablo III Patch 1.0.3b - v.1.0.3.10485
The latest client patch notes can be found here.
Visit our Bug Report forum for a list of known issues.
The most recent hotfixes can be found here.
Table of Contents
Auction House
Bug Fixes

Auction House
Bug Fixes
The "Bid" and "Buyout" buttons will now be correctly grayed-out in the confirmation window when attempting to purchase an item with insufficient gold

Bug Fixes
General
Fixed a bug where leaving a heavily-populated General chat channel would prevent players from rejoining any General chat channel until they logged out and logged back in
Fixed several tooltip-related bugs that were occurring when viewing items with 2 or more sockets in the auction house and profile pages
Fixed a rare crash with tutorials on item pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom