• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

garath

There's no such thing on the AH. I found a heavily overpriced weapon with similar stats + 80 dex but with a 100 lower DPS. I don't think 80 dex make up for that.

edit:

Is this better?

8rlOc.jpg

Significantly lower DPS, but higher crit dmg, attack speed and vitality.

I like that better. More life on hit, higher crit damage plus vitality

Won

NT & BL are both boring skills. I can't be the only DH who rolled the class to shoot fast projectiles, not big globs that take forever to travel, meh.

I'm personally using Evasive Fire>Covering Fire & Impale>Grievous Wounds. EF crits for up to 110K for me on 3 targets, and it generates hatred, I like it. I only wish the backflip was a little more reliable as to when it happens. Seems like it kicks in sometimes when nothing is around you...

I rolled DH for Strafe and strafing I did! Though I must have been the only one in the world.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
At work now so I can't check, but how much is Exquisite essence going for? Do you think there will even be a cash market for it? I've got soooo much hoarded right now.

Trying to sell the essence at 25 cents each, not happening so far.

garath

Trying to sell the essence at 25 cents each, not happening so far.

I know people are nuts, but there should be no possible way essences are worth anywhere close to 25 cents a piece.

Essences are 1800 give or take in gold. You can buy gold for $2.50/m from chinese farmers. With that calculation, essences should be closer to half a cent a piece.

I know people are nuts, but there should be no possible way essences are worth anywhere close to 25 cents a piece.

Essences are 1800 give or take in gold. You can buy gold for $2.50/m from chinese farmers. With that calculation, essences should be closer to half a cent a piece.

With a 25 cent per unit minimum, the only commodities that will sell on the RMAH are high end gems, unless someone absolutely crazy enough stumbles in.

Zuly

I'm officially done with Act 2 public games. Every single game had 2 or 3 people afk and they leave you alone while you try to kill an elite. I even found one that had me and a Barb killing an elite while the other stayed in town chatting.
LLShC.gif

RDreamer

Hah, awesome. I just changed my nat's DH to this build

Suddenly where before I was killing slowly and had to kite now I was kicking ass, taking names and standing in the shit dropped by enemies that most definitely feared me. It was pretty fun as hell. I might change my equipment to reflect that build once I get some gold. We went all the way through the towers in act 3 through azmodan and I died probably less than the other DHs in my group (there were 2 others and a monk). I did test it out solo, too and I killed 3 packs before I opened the game to the public, so it works there too.

garath

Suddenly where before I was killing slowly and had to kite now I was kicking ass, taking names and standing in the shit dropped by enemies that most definitely feared me. It was pretty fun as hell. I might change my equipment to reflect that build once I get some gold. We went all the way through the towers in act 3 through azmodan and I died probably less than the other DHs in my group (there were 2 others and a monk). I did test it out solo, too and I killed 3 packs before I opened the game to the public, so it works there too.

Hmm.. Intriguing. I may try out spike traps, though I burn through most of my hatred with cluster bombs as it is. The AE damage potential of spike traps seems incredible though.

Seriously thinking of buying gold instead of items on RMAH 1.1-1.3 dollars per million gold is pretty decent 10dollar items on RMAH dont even touch 10million dollar items usually. Just to get the last couple pieces i think i need to finish act III

garath

Seriously thinking of buying gold instead of items on RMAH 1.1-1.3 dollars per million gold is pretty decent 10dollar items on RMAH dont even touch 10million dollar items usually. Just to get the last couple pieces i think i need to finish act III

Gold is available to buy now?

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
That's the minimum?

smh Blizzard.

Yeah, I tried setting it to 1 cent each. lol then a message popped up about the minimum being 25 cents... sigh, they will never sell at that price.

If RMAH Commods are as DOA as I think they are, I may very well just sell my character. Such a silly limitation. x_X

I'm close to doing this. There is no reason to continue playing other than hoping for loot to sell, which I don't have any interest in doing.

Te upgrades I can't afford @ 30 million will be 100 million now!

You know people are going to try and undercut the gold farmers, and I have heard that the gold farmers will still make a profit if a million gold was at .05 cents.

30 mil to a 100 mil? Probably 5 times that increase.

Wha? It shouldn't take you near that amount to get out of act 1. I don't see why 4-5m would easily put act 1 on farm status.

I can farm act one...I can faceroll farm act one. I drop inferno butcher in sub 1.5 minutes. But I get one shotted in act two by everything and don't have the time or the patience to learn the ins and outs of the game. This usually requires me to build a very OP build to get anywhere.

Yes I suck.

I just want to progress.

solidstatement

Neo Member

would be curious to see your stats to go with that spec, if you don't mind sharing.

Sophia

I'm close to doing this. There is no reason to continue playing other than hoping for loot to sell, which I don't have any interest in doing.

The ONLY thing that's stopped me from doing this is the fact that some close friends helped me get this far. Otherwise I'd just stop, because the game has gotten really boring.

RDreamer

would be curious to see your stats to go with that spec, if you don't mind sharing.

At the moment probably pretty trash stats, lol. Definitely not the kind of stuff you should have with that build, since I just changed to it on a whim for some random fun. I've only got 30k life, for instance. My resists are at like 350, too lol. My damage goes down to 35,000 without steady aim or sharpshooter or anything, too.

But, somehow it worked for the most part. I think if I were to switch to it permanently I'd definitely need more life and resists. I'd probably buy a LOH 1 hander. I'd possibly use either a shield or another cheaper LOH 1 hander like someone else here stated. But yeah mostly need more life and resists. If I didn't have gloom up I'd be trashed. But the cool thing is that with nat's you can have it up all the time.

Someone else pointed to using caltrops to proc LOH and that's an option, but I find that with that then I can't constantly have Gloom up, and definitely don't have much leftover for vault just in case, so I'll probably stick with this setup.

s7evn

Upgraded my weapon for under 500,000g, I thought it was a good deal since everything else around it was 1.5 million garbage.

SoDEV.jpg

Also I'm laughing if I can make money off commodities on RMAH. 100 Exquisite gives me $25? LOL good thing I have almost 400 of them :p

JLSJ9.png

just found this. price check (EU)

RMAH.

Trickster

lol, there's really a limitation of 0.25 (or $1.00) for commodities? Wow, how stupid.

Seems like a bit of a non-issue for me. what would you want to buy on the rmah for less than 25 cents, that you couldnt very easily buy with in game gold? chipped gems?

RDreamer

Why can't I use the AH? My friend can now... Anyone else able to use it yet?

I tried entering and exiting a game and re-logging in.

Sophia

Seems like a bit of a non-issue for me. what would you want to buy on the rmah for less than 25 cents, that you couldnt very easily buy with in game gold? chipped gems?

It's a huge issue because it means all commodities are over priced. 100 Exquisite Essences goes for $25. Would you really spend that much for something you can farm in Act 1 of Inferno easily?

There's already a limitation of $1 required for your total commodities, so I'm not really sure why the .25 per unit limitation is there. It just means nobody will buy anything except the highest end quality gems, as everything is artificially overpriced.

Trickster

It's a huge issue because it means all commodities are over priced. 100 Exquisite Essences goes for $25. Would you really spend that much for something you can farm in Act 1 of Inferno easily?

There's already a limitation of $1 required for your total commodities, so I'm not really sure why the .25 per unit limitation is there. It just means nobody will buy anything except the highest end quality gems, as everything is artificially overpriced.

Wait, you'd have to buy each exquisite essence for the .25 price? holy shit yeah that's dumb :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom