• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMAH driving up the price?

Why would the RMAH drive up the price? The only thing I can think of is less supply on the GAH because a bunch of idiots thought they could sell tomes at $0.25 a piece and so everyone moved to the RMAH.

But that seems kind of suspect, because I don't think any tomes are going to sell at that price, and I doubt enough people would think that they actually would sell for the movement from GAH to RMAH to be significant.

RDreamer

What has everyone made on the RMAH so far?

I've managed to rake in a measly $3.71 so far! :/

Technically I made like $75 total, but only about $20 actually went to paypal for me. The other stuff I sold on there for the sole purpose of getting some RMAH moneys to spend on stuff for the game still. Basically I traded in junk that people shouldn't have rationally bought for better stuff in game through the RMAH. Never put in my own money and never intend to.

The $20 was nice, though, since it meant half off on a concert dvd special edition I just ordered :D

eek5

Why would the RMAH drive up the price? The only thing I can think of is less supply on the GAH because a bunch of idiots thought they could sell tomes at $0.25 a piece and so everyone moved to the RMAH.

But that seems kind of suspect, because I don't think any tomes are going to sell at that price, and I doubt enough people would think that they actually would sell for the movement from GAH to RMAH to be significant.

It's that and dumb people thinking they can buy tomes from GAH and flip to RMAH which is also decreasing gah supply and increasing artificial demand. After people realize that they can't move volume on RMAH they'll probably dump their tomes and the price will drop.

There is the whole speculation side of it as well. If the price of tomes is going up that fast, you could buy in now and wait for it to top off then sell for a small profit before the bubble bursts. (note: it's probably way too late to buy in now)

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I thought about being proud that I made enough money to at least cover the cost of the game but then I realized those of us that have jobs, our time is essentially our money.

Then I got ashamed of all the time I wasted playing in the first place.

Jay Wilson said:
"It just wasn't disappointing enough, so we doubled it!" Jay Wilson

Jay Wilson said:
"The wait time for to release our advertised launch feature PVP wasn't long enough, so we doubled it!" Jay Wilson

Jay Wilson said:
We were going to just use one hand to grab your money, but we decided that just wasn't enough. So we Doubled It! Jay Wilson

JAY WILSONNNNN.

It's that and dumb people thinking they can buy tomes from GAH and flip to RMAH which is also increasing supply and increasing artificial demand. After people realize that they can't move volume on RMAH they'll probably dump their tomes and the price will drop.

There is the whole speculation side of it as well. If the price of tomes is going up that fast, you could buy in now and wait for it to top off then sell for a small profit before the bubble bursts.

Yea, the whole 15% thing kind of kills any speculative profits though unless you expect something to massively skyrocket. But yea, I guess you're right. People dumping tons of money into tomes on the GAH and then listing them on the RMAH even though obviously none of it will sell. I mean seriously tomes are up on the RMAH at a conversion rate of $166 / million. Seriously people? Cancel that shit and put it back on the GAH.

In other news, I had $150 in my battle.net account. My RMAH slots are full for at least a few weeks clearing out inventory, so I figured I'd help out the only activity I still do in the game - crafting gems for profit. Bought 3 jeweler designs for $20!

eek5

Yea, the whole 15% thing kind of kills any speculative profits though unless you expect something to massively skyrocket. But yea, I guess you're right. People dumping tons of money into tomes on the GAH and then listing them on the RMAH even though obviously none of it will sell. I mean seriously tomes are up on the RMAH at a conversion rate of $166 / million. Seriously people? Cancel that shit and put it back on the GAH

Well last night you could buy tomes at ~1075 and essences at ~1580 so even with the 15% the gap right now would be big enough to profit pretty easily

Sophia

Give it a day or two, I'm sure it'll go back down when absolutely nothing sells. Heck, it'll probably drop lower than it was.

I found a 50 str, 120 int, 50 fire res, 80 all res, 300 armor belt.

Nothing came up in the AH with when I look for 120 int, and the res. The closest was half the stat and was up for 10 millions ?!

dwebo

I found a 50 str, 120 int, 50 fire res, 80 all res, 300 armor belt.

Nothing came up in the AH with when I look for 120 int, and the res. The closest was half the stat and was up for 10 millions ?!

80 is max allres roll I think, so of course you're not going to find many

also nobody will be searching for it either. use 70

Majine

Banned
2) So, when are you going to nerf Critical Hit Chance and Critical Hit Damage affixes?

We've no plans to nerf +Crit Chance or +Crit Damage. While +Crit Chance and +Crit Damage are very strong right now, there's nothing inherently wrong with something being strong. As mentioned above, players doing too much damage is not enough reason for us to bring out the nerf bat. Neither affix is having a negative impact on build diversity (we're seeing a pretty good balance overall), and there aren't any technical issues with them being stacked to higher values. It's something we're keeping an eye on of course.

But is this something they are gonna have to look at when PvP comes? Because as I understand it, the extra crit damage is way too dramatic to create any suspense in PvP. But I might be wrong.

God I hope they do #5. I am so sick of hearing about how Kingsport is a fair city.

That bizzare feeling that you get when you receive an email that you sold something for like 25 dollars, have no clue what it is, then finding out it's some glove that you failed to sell multiple times for less than 5 mil on the gold AH and had like 10 hours left on the timer, never fucking disappoints. There's nothing else like it.

Yup, dont know that feel. Must be nice.

Totakeke

That bizzare feeling that you get when you receive an email that you sold something for like 25 dollars, have no clue what it is, then finding out it's some glove that you failed to sell multiple times for less than 5 mil on the gold AH and had like 10 hours left on the timer, never fucking disappoints. There's nothing else like it.

Yup, dont know that feel. Must be nice.

Blame the shitty AH search.

I've made about 600 ish. I've made much less recently than I have like 2+ weeks ago. Only one of those items was 200+ bucks. The rest was all 10-20 bucks with the odd 40-80 exception. Might be a 100-150 in there too. Can't remember.

I'm up about US$80+. Sold off a Natalya's Mark for US$100 during the first 3 days of RMAH launch.

It was my ever 2nd legendary item. First was a Gladiator's Gauntlets, which I then turned it into materials. Never had any other legendary drop after that.

Thoraxes

I think I've sold around $500-600 worth so far. It's become really tough to sell stuff now compared to a few weeks ago.

Yeah, i'm finding it neigh impossible to sell anything anymore. It's depressing and removing any drive I had left to play.

Biff

Not trying to be snarky at all, just genuinely curious: Has anyone been able to beat minimum wage ($10.25/hr in Canada, not sure about U.S.) with this game?

Obviously that's not the point, as the game is fun and any cash you make is a bonus, but I'm just curious if a couple months in this is a viable employment option for legit players.

hyduK

Banned
How are these stats for starting hell as a monk? Hardcore..

21.5k HP
198 all resist
41% Dodge
21% Block
60% Damage Reduction (67ish with Keen Eye)
108 LOH
2563 DPS

Dahbomb

Wow so monster affixes ARE grouped into categories...

Just looked at it and they need to tighten it up a bit. Some of the Aggressive affixes are actually CC affixes like Jailer and Waller.

s7evn

How are these stats for starting hell as a monk? Hardcore..

21.5k HP
198 all resist
41% Dodge
21% Block
60% Damage Reduction (67ish with Keen Eye)
108 LOH
2563 DPS

If you die, I guess we'll find out that it's not good enough (you should be fine)

zulux21

What has everyone made on the RMAH so far?

I've managed to rake in a measly $3.71 so far! :/

i've made around $45, $15 of which was made this morning, and I have one item currently going with a $5.25 bid on it with time left to go so my total will go up a bit.

Just started Inferno Act 2... I think I need more, uhh, everything. The elite fights are taking forever, and there's some I don't have a chance of surviving. My drops have been terrible recently so that hasn't really helped, though I did just put a couple of reasonable things on the AH.

Just need them to sell now so I can upgrade my (apparently rubbish) gear.

Hey good sirs, could I get some advice on where I should go gear wise? I'm a wizard using the cookie-cutter blizzard and electric orb build.

My gear + gold:

i4rriuyozJpVO.jpg

I'm not really sure what to purchase, or if I should just hold off. At this point I die very rarely on act 1, and have gotten past Mahgda in act 2.

Thanks gentlemen.

Edit: Unbuffed stats...

Trickster

oh man, blizzard screwing me over with this downtime to 9 am. Got a ring on the ah with an 8 mil bid, that runs out just around 9 am, fuuuuck.

s7evn

Hey good sirs, could I get some advice on where I should go gear wise? I'm a wizard using the cookie-cutter blizzard and electric orb build.

My gear + gold:

I'm not really sure what to purchase, or if I should just hold off. At this point I die very rarely on act 1, and have gotten past Mahgda in act 2.

Thanks gentlemen.

Edit: Unbuffed stats...

Would a source work better than a shield or is the shield necessary for the build (I don't have a wizard).

Screenshot001.jpg

Worth anything you think? DPS is low-ish and it's a mace without socket, but there's still 329 int + 91% crit damage and some dex, so I don't know...there's nothing like this on the EU AH too when I checked just before the server went down half an hour ago...

Any input is much appreciated /bow

Wedge7

Made about $1100.

A decent portion of that is from selling gold though, but of course the bulk is probably the RMAH sales. Like most though, its been pretty tough selling stuff as of late. I used to play at least 3-4 hours everyday, but in the past 2 weeks, I've played at most like an hour a day, and some days I dont even bother logging on.

Cant complain though, I definitely got tons of value from this game. Hell, even forgetting about the money, just the time factor and decent amount of fun I had playing with buddies, I'm more than satisfied.

Raxus

farming act 1 and two inferno. Doing gobs in act 2 and selling items I will get at least 250k an hour on average.

I have been meaning to ask. How do you do act 2 gobs? I always feel a stretch out runs WAY too far and do more of act 2 than I should.

Act 1 takes about 4 hours and I typically make a million off of that so I imagine it is the same case I feel that I am just not getting the same out of it since the limited time I can invest in the game and the ever appreciating price of the gauntlets. I want to invest with someone so I can finally get 'with the market' but it is a daunting barrier of entry.

dwebo

yeah, definitely far harder to sell anything on either AH than even just a week or two ago when I started flipping stuff

I wouldn't be surprised if most of the stuff that I'm selling recently is just to other flippers

s7evn

I have been meaning to ask. How do you do act 2 gobs? I always feel a stretch out runs WAY too far and do more of act 2 than I should.

There's one that will occasionally spawn by the ancient sand wp near the switchback, people just go up the switch back, hit the checkpoint, and then leave and start working back to the wp to find a goblin.

zulux21

Act 1 takes about 4 hours and I typically make a million off of that so I imagine it is the same case I feel that I am just not getting the same out of it since the limited time I can invest in the game and the ever appreciating price of the gauntlets. I want to invest with someone so I can finally get 'with the market' but it is a daunting barrier of entry.

you have to have MF gear of at least 200 and you check ancient path (just up before the check point of desolate sands) and road to alcarnus (just the perimeter don't go through any archways)

gobs spawn at both spots pretty regularly, and there are never any elites at road to alcarnus (at least I haven't seen any but you can get a unique monster) and very rarely any at ancient path (maybe once every 20 times) but you can also get a unique monster.

The unique monsters are push overs.

Personally i have a MF set that I can do enough damage with to clear without needing to change, but most people wear their normal gear, clear the area and then switch to their MF set for the goblin. Also if you get some other people doing it with you it goes better, as lets say there is a 30% chance you find a gob, if there are 4 people doing it and inviting each other to their game you will get gobs at a very fast pace.

How fast do items sell for you an hour? I have decent items that sit for a day or don't sell....

most of my items don't last over 2 hours, instead of trying to maximize profit per item I sell them about about 10% less than any comparable one just to move them. You tend to get enough stuff to sell farming that maximizing sales and potentially taking up all of your slots actually tends to slow do your money intake

Why doesn't the community make a black market AH with a sick UI and spread the word?

Forums are meh.

Someone could create an online AH UI similar to the actual UI but with more filters, and then you just PM the person and get in touch in game.

You would also see a big list of comparable items different people are selling. No AH cuts. No selling limit.

most of my items don't last over 2 hours, instead of trying to maximize profit per item I sell them about about 10% less than any comparable one just to move them. You tend to get enough stuff to sell farming that maximizing sales and potentially taking up all of your slots actually tends to slow do your money intake

I always undercut, but it just seems like people don't want it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom