• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

RDreamer

Man... got ousted from the game with 5 NV just before Diablo... not cool blizzard, not cool. I'm pretty sure it wasn't my internet, either since my wife stayed on and I didn't even get booted all the way off battle.net. I just went to the menu...

eek5

t6tdJ.jpg

Joined a public game and ran into this A3 barb. Tried to send him a msg to help him out with his gear but he ignored me. :(

Unless he has a crazy amount of loh, life steal, life regen, resists, and if it's even possible to get to A3 that way with such low DPS, he's probably trolling or sold the gear that got him into act 3.

linsivvi

Unless he has a crazy amount of loh, life steal, life regen, resists, and if it's even possible to get to A3 that way with such low DPS, he's probably trolling or sold the gear that got him into act 3.

Or maybe he leeched his way there. You always run into these players who pretend to be afk in town indefinitely, and all he needs to do is to leech a couple quests from each group to advance.

Sigmaah

I'm looking for people who always want someone to play with, I hate playing by myself, I GET SO BORED haha. Add me if anyone's looking for someone to play with whenever they're on.

Sigma#1440

eek5

I feel like that barb has almost 100% gone to the RMAH for his gear.

I doubt it. Well, maybe he bought the SS and HoC but the rest is pretty "ordinary"

http://imgur.com/a/umBak

Didn't cap everything because the rest got cut off

He does have a lot of LoH, resists, regen.

tafer

Ok I need some serious advice, I'm struggling with act 2, unless you are not suppose to kill all the elites that you find (And I love to hunt those bastards)

I think it is working like this so far: regular enemies are almost ignorable, 25% of the elites I find are easy, 50% complicated but nothing special, 15% are very complicated and may kill me, and 10% are just impossible at the moment.

y0VFq.jpg

Resistances + war cry >= 1000.
To get the resistances I had to sacrifice most of my vit. Right now I'm trying to recover some of it. But the gears are getting painfully expensive, and the AH is just not nice with people that work

Oh and I think I got lucky today:
K2v0q.jpg

Yay!

redhot_

Ok I need some serious advice, I'm struggling with act 2, unless you are not suppose to kill all the elites that you find (And I love to hunt those bastards)

I think it is working like this so far: regular enemies are almost ignorable, 25% of the elites I find are easy, 50% complicated but nothing special, 15% are very complicated and may kill me, and 10% are just impossible at the moment.

Resistances + war cry >= 1000.
To raise the resistances I had to sacrifice most of my vit. Right now I'm trying to recover some of it. But the gears are getting painfully expensive, and the AH is just not nice with people that work

Get your armor up, and maybe HP around 35k-ish if its not already.

I got through act 2 with only 800 res, but my armor was like 10k.(which you dont really need i just like to stand there and wack away)

A weapon with Life on Hit never hurts to.

Edit: Oh.. and a Shield with a good block % helped me a ton.

Anyone wanna farm act 3 inferno right now? Farming alone is boring. DH here

Sublime #6909

I actually hardly ever play with Gaffers in D3, now that I think about it.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Seems the EU servers are back up, but the AH is down, nice job blizzard.

"We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting 05:00 to 09:00 on 11 July in order to deploy patch 1.0.3b. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 10:00 a.m. CEST"

LordCanti

I love the prices of gems in the US RMAH right now. Millions and millions to make, like $3 to buy. That's way less than the $2.50 per million that Blizzard set for gold selling.

Trickster

"We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting 05:00 to 09:00 on 11 July in order to deploy patch 1.0.3b. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 10:00 a.m. CEST"

AH I missed that, nvm then.

Trickster

Gotta retract my previous statement about the EU maintenence screwing me over because of the ring I had on AH with an 8 million bid, by the time the servers went down. It sold for 13.4 million :D

LordCanti

I'm reading that there may be an Auction House bug that lets you instantly buy out an item that doesn't have a buyout. I'm not sure if it's true or not, but I'd refrain from putting up your epic loot with a low minimum bid and no buyout.

Zyzyxxz

Screenshot001.jpg

Worth anything you think? DPS is low-ish and it's a mace without socket, but there's still 329 int + 91% crit damage and some dex, so I don't know...there's nothing like this on the EU AH too when I checked just before the server went down half an hour ago...

Any input is much appreciated /bow

Yeah the DPS is pretty low but I might be interested in buying it. Intelligence roll is super high, I believe 350 is the max so almost perfect and 91% crit rate is great since most of us are going for crit damage these days, socket would have put it an easy sell.

V_Arnold

716 weapon dps with 300+ intelligence basically means that it is going to be stronger DPS-wise for Wizards than an 1000+ weapon without any intelligence. Make sure to get a proper price for it. I'd say 40$+, and that is a minimum. Might not sell for a while, but when it does... well.

Hmm what class has it easiest (or rather cheapest) to reach and kill inferno diablo ?

And regarding weapon dmg if we have let's say 2000 INT then 700 dps weapon would be multiplied to 14k dps and then 300 INT would add another 2100 dps to it therefore being equal to more or less 805 dps weapon ? (plus if you use off-hand it's dmg would also benefit from 300 int in the same way) ?

Vodh

Ok, with 14 hours to go this baby:

Lcg9K.jpg

is up to 2.9mil (started from 100g to see if the market is an asshole). I need it to go about 2 mil up for me to feel kinda ok with this, and an extra 2-3 to make me happy.

LordCanti

Ok, with 14 hours to go this baby:

Lcg9K.jpg

is up to 2.9mil (started from 100g to see if the market is an asshole). I need it to go about 2 mil up for me to feel kinda ok with this, and an extra 2-3 to make me happy.

From first hand experience, people have no problem sitting on an auction and then bidding at the last second. Putting an item up with a low minimum bid is a pretty good way to end up selling an item for less than it's worth, unless there are multiple people that get into a bidding war right at the end.

koji

From first hand experience, people have no problem sitting on an auction and then bidding at the last second. Putting an item up with a low minimum bid is a pretty good way to end up selling an item for less than it's worth, unless there are multiple people that get into a bidding war right at the end.

Yeah I fooled myself a couple times by setting a very low minimum bid, ended up selling a great amulet for 19K two weeks ago...

BigDug13

Hmm what class has it easiest (or rather cheapest) to reach and kill inferno diablo ?

And regarding weapon dmg if we have let's say 2000 INT then 700 dps weapon would be multiplied to 14k dps and then 300 INT would add another 2100 dps to it therefore being equal to more or less 805 dps weapon ? (plus if you use off-hand it's dmg would also benefit from 300 int in the same way) ?

Pretty easy to figure that one out. There are 1 strength using class, 2 dex using classes of high popularity, and 2 int using classes.

Also, I'm not sure what happened in this last patch, but drop rates changed again. I killed a bunch of elite packs tonight with 5 stack Neph and got 1 yellow each time. I thought we were now guaranteed at least 2 yellow drops with each pack?

Vodh

Pretty easy to figure that one out. There are 1 strength using class, 2 dex using classes of high popularity, and 2 int using classes.

Also, I'm not sure what happened in this last patch, but drop rates changed again. I killed a bunch of elite packs tonight with 5 stack Neph and got 1 yellow each time. I thought we were now guaranteed at least 2 yellow drops with each pack?

Nope, it's never been guaranteed 2 yellows form elites/champs, it's just bosses. Nothing changed about the droprates in this patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom