• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

Pretty easy to figure that one out. There are 1 strength using class, 2 dex using classes of high popularity, and 2 int using classes.

Also, I'm not sure what happened in this last patch, but drop rates changed again. I killed a bunch of elite packs tonight with 5 stack Neph and got 1 yellow each time. I thought we were now guaranteed at least 2 yellow drops with each pack?

Yeah but people really only play one of the int classes ;)

Monk is incredibly cheap to gear for progression as well because you can get single res on a ton of your pieces and get by.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
400k worth of gear is enough for a barbarian to clear act 1 and 2 inferno nowadays.

syllogism

Pretty easy to figure that one out. There are 1 strength using class, 2 dex using classes of high popularity, and 2 int using classes.
Wizard is the correct answer as it's a ranged class with high dps and also great defensive skills and doesn't require good gear to be one-shot proof in act 3-4

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I rolled a WD because Monks being largely defensive abilities with like 1-2 actives for offense, the play style wasn't really gelling with me.

WD definitely requires more thinking, although it looks like Dire Bats will let me faceroll for a bit. A lot more active and challenging which is nice, and hopefully they get a little Blizz love so they're more viable in the end game.

Worst case I'll get to 60 and roll a Wiz for gear transfer between chars.

koji

I might be imagining things but did they increase the chance to get health globes in the last patch? They seem to be dropping a lot.

Prezhulio

So it seems that Gems and Blacksmith tombs can now be sold in RMAH. I'll be interested to see what the avg price settles at (or if anyone would use real money on them at all)

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-11-diablo-3-patch-1-0-3b-live-in-europe

since everything is capped at a minimum of $.25 a piece, why do they even put anything below perfect square or ANY crafting mats besides fiery brimstone eligible for sale? doesn't seem like they'd ever move...

Found without gems on a 1d10h timer (two hours!) for 2 million.

4lyZX.png

Love me some AH.

FUUU i have been looking for pants like that but with some fire resist.

Goyira

Neo Member
just got a message from a friend he bought a weapon upgrade for my barb for 2.4m. after doing a quick math i figure it'll be at least a 20k dps upgrade. so cant wait to get home tonight to try out the weapon.
here's hoping he's not joking about the weapon, because the stats on the weapon make it a ridiculously expensive weapon.

garath

Is it just me or was the auction house pretty empty last night? I've been looking for 2h xbows for a week or so and when I finally have money, last night it seemed like there was nothing.

I couldn't find more than a few overpriced 2h over 1k dps w/ dex and crit damage. :(

Maybe the downtime killed some auctions?

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Its kind of weird seeing people so openly discussing using real money to buy items/gold outside the system Blizzard put in place.

People buying accounts, items or money for games previously has typically been viewed as a "cop-out", but with Diablo 3 basically making it the status quo by putting the mechanism in game, its discussed openly without any hesitation or perceived embarrassment.

I'm not saying people using real money to buy items or in game money should be frowned upon or anything like that...it's just interesting to me how quickly the perception of acceptability changes the moment there's a legit means of doing things.

kennah

I'm not saying people using real money to buy items or in game money should be frowned upon or anything like that...it's just interesting to me how quickly the perception of acceptability changes the moment there's a legit means of doing things.
Pretty much, I never would have considered selling pixels for real money, but heck, if it's part of the game, I'm in. Just wish I had more time to farm and make a couple extra dollars.

j-wood

Help me understand this. I am confused how my current gear on my hero results in almost double the damage. The most significant difference may be that currently when I crit I do an extra 100% as opposed to an extra 50%, but would that really make that large of a difference? I would think that two crossbows that each have impressive DPS stats would beat out a single crossbow even with a quiver, as the quiver really is only adding some dex and not that much. Especially since my hero's attacks per second is much higher with the twin crossbows. Any thoughts?

Current Demon Hunter Setup :

Damage = 7957.97
Dex = 867
Attacks per Second = 1.22
Crit Chance = 100%
Crit Damage = +100%

Weapons = 2-Hand Crossbow + Quiver

Crossbow
370.7 DPS
280-394 DMG
1.10 Attacks per Second

+89-161 Holy Damage
+88 Strength
+58 Dex
+63 Vitality
2.30% of Damage Dealt converted to Life

Quiver
+44 Dex
+45 Int
+11% Attack Speed

New gear

Damage = 4223.91
Dex = 765
Attacks per Second = 1.84
Crit Chance = 100%
Crit Damage = +50%

Weapons = Two 1 Handed Crossbows

Crossbow 1
303.2 DPS
85-294 DMG
1.60 Attacks per Second

+50-146 Arcane Damage
+277 Life after Each Kill

Crossbow 2
262.1 DPS
74-238 DMG
1.68 Attacks per Second

+47-88 Lightning Damage
+53 Strenght
+188 Int
+111 Vitality

I just wasted 100k (ok, I know that's nothing to most of you) on a pair of gloves that proved to not even be close to being an upgrade. :(

Why can't the AH tooltip work in the same was as the ingame one?

garath

Help me understand this. I am confused how my current gear on my hero results in almost double the damage. The most significant difference may be that currently when I crit I do an extra 100% as opposed to an extra 50%, but would that really make that large of a difference? I would think that two crossbows that each have impressive DPS stats would beat out a single crossbow even with a quiver, as the quiver really is only adding some dex and not that much. Especially since my hero's attacks per second is much higher with the twin crossbows. Any thoughts?

<snip>

I believe the short of it is 100 extra dex is 100% more damage. The extra 50% crit damage is a big boost as well. And you have a higher base damage weapon with another 11% attack speed.

I just wasted 100k (ok, I know that's nothing to most of you) on a pair of gloves that proved to not even be close to being an upgrade. :(

I know :( I share the same frustrations. It's not always easy to see if an item is going to be an upgrade or not.

scy

100% Crit Chance with 50% Crit Damage is a 150% Damage multiplier:
[1 + Crit Chance * Crit Damage]

So taking that to 100% Crit Damage means it is now a 200% Damage multiplier.

Additionally, that ~100 DEX difference means the 2H Setup has a 9.67 Damage Multiplier vs the DW Setup of 8.65:
[1 + DEX / 100]

But, the biggest difference is that your DW setup is bad anyway. 303.2 DPS and 262.1 DPS are just that much worse than 370.7 DPS. Especially since DW functions as an alternating attacking system so the DW setup is really "only" using a ~280 DPS Weapon since it's basically an average of the two. Honestly, you're better off with a Quiver instead of the off-hand Bow here.

eek5

Been down that road. At one point I bought 3 weapons that were all sidegrades.

Now I use these two tools:

DPS:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApVAeMW4XRfcdGNrQlJWNmlVRGQzZU52S2JrX3F2Snc

EHP:
http://rubensayshi.github.com/d3-ehp-calculator/#calculator/

Zyzyxxz

Seriously hate that I need to calculate it through a spreadsheet or program when the game should be doing it. IF Blizz wants to promote users to use AH to advance in the game then shouldn't it do everything it can to do to make sales happen?

Blitzzz

Seriously hate that I need to calculate it through a spreadsheet or program when the game should be doing it. IF Blizz wants to promote users to use AH to advance in the game then shouldn't it do everything it can to do to make sales happen?

you have to use the AH again if you mess up purchases! that's an extra buy and sell they generate

Sophia

Any benevolent (NA server) souls mind taking down Belial in Hell for my alt Barb? I'm at Blood and Sand again (thanks to the people that helped me skip it in Normal/Nightmare) and as always, if I have to do that quest one more time I'll jump off a bridge :p

I can jump on my Inferno geared tank Barb and help you right now. Sophia#1244

garath

Any benevolent (NA server) souls mind taking down Belial in Hell for my alt Barb? I'm at Blood and Sand again (thanks to the people that helped me skip it in Normal/Nightmare) and as always, if I have to do that quest one more time I'll jump off a bridge :p

If you are still in need when I get off work I'll knock if off for you. That's around 5:30pm EST. garath#1132

So I just found a spreadsheet and it's not massively surprising why my new gloves weren't a match for the old ones.

I'd need 105 int or 13% crit or 30% crit damage just to equal the 6% attack speed I have on them!

ThinFinn

Do you still need help? Add me at ThinFinn#1784.

LordCanti

Do you still need help? Add me at ThinFinn#1784.

Marrshu already helped. Thanks though.

So I found a some perfect and flawless star recipes which I can sell in the GAH for some million or do I go for some $ in RMAH? <_<

How much $?

Consider 1m to be $2.50. Convert how many millions you'd get to dollars, and then see if the amount you can get for the plans is more or less than you'd get for gold at that exchange rate.

How much $?

Consider 1m to be $2.50. Convert how many millions you'd get to dollars, and then see if the amount you can get for the plans is more or less than you'd get for gold at that exchange rate.
Well the perfect star emerald atm floats at 5m to $11 in the RMAH, so that $2.50/1m rate makes sense. Thanks.

Xamdou

They really need to patch the lvl 60+ legendary item specs, the designs looks amazing compared to the regular lvl 60 gear but not even worth equipping.

RDreamer

They really need to patch the lvl 60+ legendary item specs, the designs looks amazing compared to the regular lvl 60 gear but not even worth equipping.

There are some really good legendaries, though. It's mostly the weapons that are screwed up. For the lower level stuff I think they just need to make them drop a bit more often when you can actually use it. Those two changes and legendaries would be perfect.

Anustart

So Radiant star emeralds are selling around 36$ a pop according to the ah. Lemme do some math here, carry the zero...... Is it not profitable to buy the necessary gold from a seller now, make the gem, sell it, reap 20$ profit?

LordCanti

Is there another ZK-esque leveling tactic for Hell yet? =/ An hour later and I'm only a level higher -_-

So Radiant star emeralds are selling around 36$ a pop according to the ah. Lemme do some math here, carry the zero...... Is it not profitable to buy the necessary gold from a seller now, make the gem, sell it, reap 20$ profit?

Don't those cost 20 something million to make? That's less than $2 per million.

But you make the gem, sell, buy gold from a gold seller at near 1$ per million, so I guess 16$ profit per gem. Theoretically the market would allow right now to buy the gold at a much cheaper cost than it takes to make the gem.

Gold is down to $1 per mil?

Ok, let's say $1/m, and you need 20m to make the gem. That's $20. You make it, and it sells for $35, minus 30% (15% if you want the money in blizzbucks but....who wants those?), you're left with like...$25.

I don't know that the gem costs 20m (I have no idea).

Either way, I have no idea where you are getting $16 in profit. $5 maybe, per pull, seems more accurate, unless I'm missing something huge. I guess if you invest $100, and get $25 back, that's not bad. Then again, that's dependent on the market for them staying where it is currently.

Anustart

Is there another ZK-esque leveling tactic for Hell yet? =/ An hour later and I'm only a level higher -_-

But you make the gem, sell, buy gold from a gold seller at near 1$ per million, so I guess 16$ profit per gem. Theoretically the market would allow right now to buy the gold at a much cheaper cost than it takes to make the gem.

Edit : Forgot the 30% cut, thanks for reminding me. So the situation still allows someone to basically print $5 bills, no?

LordCanti

I like this http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079707996#1

IAS was OP, but needed to be nerfed because too many people used it. Crit is OP, but doesn't need to be nerfed because....everyone uses it? What?

Edit : Forgot the 30% cut, thanks for reminding me. So the situation still allows someone to basically print $5 bills, no?

I guess step one is figuring out how much the gem actually costs to make. If it's 20m or less, and they keep selling around $35 then...yeah, I guess. Figure that if this is the case, the market will figure it out sooner rather than later, and the price of the gems will go down as people get desperate and undercut each other.

Gold is down to $1 per mil?

Ok, let's say $1/m, and you need 20m to make the gem. That's $20. You make it, and it sells for $35, minus 30% (15% if you want the money in blizzbucks but....who wants those?), you're left with like...$25.

I don't know that the gem costs 20m (I have no idea).

Either way, I have no idea where you are getting $16 in profit. $5 maybe, per pull, seems more accurate, unless I'm missing something huge. I guess if you invest $100, and get $25 back, that's not bad. Then again, that's dependent on the market for them staying where it is currently.

It seems like in a week, there will be buy one get one free sales. 2 mill per buck. When the game came out, it was like $14 for a million.

LordCanti

It seems like in a week, there will be buy one get one free sales. 2 mill per buck. When the game came out, it was like $14 for a million.

There was a very brief moment where gold was $40 per million (on the NA server). If Blizzard hadn't set a $2.50 minimum, gold wouldn't even be worth $1 per million now (once gold selling is turned on).

I think there are enough people that don't want to mess with third party sellers, that gold will actually sell at the $2.50/m mark. I don't think it will go a cent higher though.

I'd think the actual step 1 would be to see how often the gems are actually selling.

How would someone do that? Just check if the average sale price fluctuates at all based on time, or if stays the same?

Radiant Star's are something I could see a rich person buying. It's like... "I just bought this chest piece for $250. How can I make this even more of a trophy? Oh, I know!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom