• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

TommyT

c9ffk.jpg

I'm being lucky lately. Anybody on EU servers willing to pay me 7mil for that one?

:O why would that be worth 7m? Is that what current prices are going for on the EU AH?

I want/need LOH, but looking at the American AH I don't see anything with those stats and dps for under 40 million. WTF is wrong with the weapon market.

Tbh, most of these overpriced weapons never sell but 7mil ain't too bad a price nevertheless. Some dude tried to rip me off by removing a "0" seconds before accepting the deal. What a jerk.

TommyT

I want/need LOH, but looking at the American AH I don't see anything with those stats and dps for under 40 million. WTF is wrong with the weapon market.

Yeah, don't see why that would sell remotely close to those numbers let alone the 7m number. No LoH or LS nor an open socket for the flavor-of-the-month crit barb... but that's why I'm asking :p!

Man, I find myself without "increases pickup range" on any of my gear and it SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKSSS.

I'd quite happily lose a couple of thousand DPS to get it back, and might too.. as soon as I've finished running around enough gold desperately trying to pick it up.

scosher

Man, I find myself without "increases pickup range" on any of my gear and it SUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKSSS.

I'd quite happily lose a couple of thousand DPS to get it back, and might too.. as soon as I've finished running around enough gold desperately trying to pick it up.

It's the "Increase Light Radius" of this game.

Life on Kill is also another underrated stat once your DPS starts to get high enough where you're just mowing down mobs. Especially useful for any Archon spec for Wizards.

Sold it for 7mil on the AH withing 5 minutes.

In the future, I'll refrain from trying to sell stuff via trade/general chat. A second scammer lied about not seeing my sword in the trade screen and wanted me put it off and on.

Is magic find influence the entire group or just my drop rate ? My friend is sure that one player's MF is divided into the number of player and gives better drop to everybody

scy

Is magic find influence the entire group or just my drop rate ? My friend is sure that one player's MF is divided into the number of player and gives better drop to everybody

All player's MF is averaged together in a game. If you have 50% and your friend has 100%, you both actually have 75%.

Tbh, most of these overpriced weapons never sell but 7mil ain't too bad a price nevertheless. Some dude tried to rip me off by removing a "0" seconds before accepting the deal. What a jerk.

Everyone always says that. And everyone is also wrong. Yes, they sell. You'd be an imbecile to sell that weapon for 7 million.

Ashhong

Is Poison Damage on a weapon any worse than Lightning Damage? My friend once told me that Poison is the one element that actually sucks on a weapon. I just upgraded my weapon a nice 4k DPS from a lightning to poison. Element doesn't matter right?

Is Poison Damage on a weapon any worse than Lightning Damage? My friend once told me that Poison is the one element that actually sucks on a weapon. I just upgraded my weapon a nice 4k DPS from a lightning to poison. Element doesn't matter right?

Cold matters, nothing else does

TommyT

Cold matters, nothing else does

Yeah as far as an actual effect on the target. Don't they all get unique death animations though based on element?

Because it has 980 dps, over 100 primary stat, and crit damage? Does anyone even search the AH anymore? There's nothing close to that for less than 15m on the AH, and I'm pretty sure you could get 20m for it if you were a little patient.

Why are you asking that in question form? I don't know if that makes it worth 7m or 20m as that isn't anything close to what I'd pay for an item like that (I mentioned earlier if it had a socket I could see why). As I'm at work I'm not checking any AH at the moment, but I agree in that I don't get why people ask for price checks in the thread when they have the AH available.

:lol guess that makes him an imbecile then? Still don't understand why it's worth 7m.

Because it has 980 dps, over 100 primary stat, and crit damage? Does anyone even search the AH anymore? There's nothing close to that for less than 15m on the AH, and I'm pretty sure you could get 20m for it if you were a little patient.

Nafai1123

Banned
I had a similar weapon drop last night.

955dps
100+ str
1 socket (put a flawless square emerald in)

Sold for 10mil almost immediately. Probably could have gotten quite a bit more.

LordCanti

I had a similar weapon drop last night.

955dps
100+ str
1 socket (put a flawless square emerald in)

Sold for 10mil almost immediately. Probably could have gotten quite a bit more.

A socket is worth a bit more than 50% crit for a weapon in this range. Still, just as you might have gotten 15, he might have gotten 10.

Every day I switch between wanting to quit and leveling an alt. I'm 5 levels away from only have 1 other alt left to unlock inferno with, and I have no interest in the class. Witch Doctor level 10.

Yeah, but there's a whopping 3 items with >180 dex and vit w/ MF. 2 between 5-7 mil, and one that's like 400 mil because of all resists. I was hoping that someone here might have a better idea.

TommyT

Yeah, but there's a whopping 3 items with >180 dex and vit w/ MF. 2 between 5-7 mil, and one that's like 400 mil because of all resists. I was hoping that someone here might have a better idea.

Armor gives you ~24 all resist, so don't discount that (don't overprice it too much based on that since it's still not a huge amount). The MF will help quite a bit since people are starting to be fear-mongered into something happening with the MF swap.

Search for 140 dex, 228 vit, slots 2. Then take some time until you find one with open slots (if there is one) and has base dex like yours. You can always lower the price if it doesn't sell, obviously you can't raise it when it does sooo take that into account.

The only way people here know what stuff is worth is because they're also searching the AH. Take off the MF and tighten your search parameters, then make up a number to add to whatever price you find and consider that the MF premium.

The AH is the Oracle that knows what stuff is worth, you're much better off asking it.

HenryHSH

There are many reasons why that sword isn't all that good for dual wielding.
It's a sword so not the preferred mainhand, Very low crit AND no loh so not the ideal offhand either. And no socket.

With that said, it's worth a bit more than the 7M he got for it. We see a lot of "similar" weapons in that DPS range that go for a lot more, most of it doesn't sell because most of the items aren't anywhere as good as the ones that do sell yet they go for the same price just because they have the same dps.

I'd pick a 790dps axe with 100% crit with a 80% emerald over a 1000 dps sword with 50% crit and no socket. (and i did for 12m)

Ashhong

Armor gives you ~24 all resist, so don't discount that (don't overprice it too much based on that since it's still not a huge amount). The MF will help quite a bit since people are starting to be fear-mongered into something happening with the MF swap.

What are you talking about? Are there rumblings of Blizz doing something so people can't MF swap?

Ashhong

While players getting more Magic Find for their kills isn't a game breaker for us, many players have said they don't enjoy doing it but feel the benefit is too large to ignore

What the fuck is this? If you don't want to do it, buy some good MF gear then.

If that's the reason MF swapping gets fixed I'm going to be pissed. On that note, does anybody know a good MF swapping script?

maharg

idspispopd

If that's the reason MF swapping gets fixed I'm going to be pissed. On that note, does anybody know a good MF swapping script?

What it really means is "we think you're bored, let's just fix that for you, shall we?"

Trickster

I don't. But I'm pretty sure that's a bannable thing to do, just as a heads up.

If I'm wrong anyone feel free to correct me.

Cipherr

Theres no if, its getting nerf guaranteed. And dont bother with scripts, its bannable.

Sophia

I don't. But I'm pretty sure that's a bannable thing to do, just as a heads up.

If I'm wrong anyone feel free to correct me.

If it's anything like the rules in WoW, it's only bannable if you're either a) not at the PC or b) doing something literally impossible by the game rules.

If you're merely making your life easier and you're actually AT the PC, you don't usually get in trouble.

Yea just sold an amulet for 5 bucks! Is there a way to check what it was before it gets sent to stash or whatever?

Also whats the deal when you dual wield? People say main and offhand but I just assumed it doesnt matter which weapon goes in which slot, and have been doing that for my 2h monk. Why should I pick one weapon over the other for main or offhand?

syllogism

Yea just sold an amulet for 5 bucks! Is there a way to check what it was before it gets sent to stash or whatever?

Also whats the deal when you dual wield? People say main and offhand but I just assumed it doesnt matter which weapon goes in which slot, and have been doing that for my 2h monk. Why should I pick one weapon over the other for main or offhand?
Some skills always use main hand while most skills rotate. Thus your main hand should be the one with higher base damage

Don't know if it's what you want but when you've successfully sold an item, you can link that item in the chat if you shift-click on the gold icon in the Completed tab.
Once you send the gold to your stash however, you cannot do that anymore, obviously.

Some skills always use main hand while most skills rotate. Thus your main hand should be the one with higher base damage

OK, so if I had a 1000dps blue one hand and a 700dps one hand with Crit damage, I should put the blue in my main hand and the lower one in my offhand cause that bonus will still apply to all my other hits? and it would only help in the end if I actually used a skill that doesnt alternate weapons?

complicated stuff. is there a list of these skills?

Realyn

Game disconnected me yesterday. Lost my second 60 barb due to DC with gear worth several hundred € .. so yeah, I hope you'll survive it ;d.

Best thing was, I didn't even needed to login again! Just a "disconnected from the server" straight in your face and back to char selection.

inky

Game disconnected me yesterday. Lost my second 60 barb due to DC with gear worth several hundred € .. so yeah, I hope you'll survive it ;d..

I don't know, what if that lvl 55 spear was actually good this time? Or those Balor Treads? :p

Plus smart people don't play HC for exactly this reason :p :p :p

scy

OK, so if I had a 1000dps blue one hand and a 700dps one hand with Crit damage, I should put the blue in my main hand and the lower one in my offhand cause that bonus will still apply to all my other hits? and it would only help in the end if I actually used a skill that doesnt alternate weapons?

complicated stuff. is there a list of these skills?

Well, you'd actually be better off with just the 1000 DPS Main Hand. The off-hand is most likely lowering your damage (or, if it's raising it, it's ever so slightly). Honestly, at that point, you're better off with a Shield with +Attributes/+Critical Chance. When Dual Wielding, you need two weapons that are roughly the same (e.g., 1000 DPS and 900 DPS, if even that far apart).

As for skills that use your off-hand, primary skills basically. Every resource spender should use your Main Hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom