• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svafnir

Looking for some gaf feedback on my item price tracking system - http://www.d3rmt.com/auction-house/

If you have any ideas on how to track actual gear (weapons, armor, etc) please share! I really want to track items also... just don't have a good idea yet due to the random nature of stats on gear.

Edit: Here's some more info on how it works.

Subscriptions: Subscriptions are only available to registered D3RMT users and allows them to be notified when a item they are subscribed to goes above or below a certain price. Users can choose to be sent an email or simply have a website notification sent for the items they subscribe to.

Graphs: Graphs are available for every item. Various time ranges are available for more detailed information.

Commodities: The current displayed price of a commodity represents the average trading price of the item since the last price update.

We track average sold price rather than listed price to give a more accurate representation of the items actual value. Because of this the listed price of items may differ from the values found ingame. For example it is quite common for a player to post a Legendary Plan for $200+ when no other plans of that type exist. However since the average trading price of that plan is actually $20 it does not benefit anyone to track the $250 value as it is not sold price and only serves to mislead people.

Item Tracking (Armor, Weapons, Etc): Currently only commodity tracking is available. We are trying to figure out the best way to track prices of items, which is rather difficult due to the random nature of item stats. If you have any suggestions please post them in the forums.

Price Tracking began on July 10th, 2012.

Sarcasm

Really getting bored of the weird fake challenges. Sure I can beat the main bosses and mini bosses. But lets spawn 2 elite packs (neither illusionists) with about 12 white mobs. One of the elite packs is also lickers.

Seriously? Whats hard about that? I mean unless I buy gear of the AH than it will be.

aznpxdd

Is Mantra of Evasion not suppose to work as advertised in Inferno? My base dodge is around 42% (at 2200+ Dex), but when I have MoE on, it only jumps to 50%, isn't it suppose to add 15%?

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
0cwlc.jpg

first time price checking so dont hate... even though i'm being hypocritical and hate it myself.

did some research on the AH. not seeing much close to it. I know the damage is jack shite. but those stats!

im seeing things with like 100 dex 100 vit 415 dmg 800 LOH go between 1-3 mil. - granted im not sure people are buying/bidding

thoughts anyone? or vendor!!!!!!!

zulux21

finally got what appears to be a high value item to drop
3jGgZ.png

and I am even a DH so they will work nicely on me. I am tempted to sell them though ><;

RDreamer

0cwlc.jpg

first time price checking so dont hate... even though i'm being hypocritical and hate it myself.

did some research on the AH. not seeing much close to it. I know the damage is jack shite. but those stats!

im seeing things with like 100 dex 100 vit 415 dmg 800 LOH go between 1-3 mil. - granted im not sure people are buying/bidding

thoughts anyone? or vendor!!!!!!!

I'm not sure on the exact price, but don't vendor it. People are buying the shite damage LOH weapons, especially if they have stats. I think barbs use them as off hands for stuff like whirlwind builds. I put up something with abysmal dps and it sold instantly at 1.2 mil and my friend was like "yeah there's 2 markets, one for normal weapons and one for off hands). Daggers also sell really well, since they're the fastest weapons, so that inflates the price a bit too.

zulux21

Interesting (and annoying). I've vendored a ton of shit DPS 1h weapons with LOH on them recently. =/

700 LOH plus 150 vit or higher I would imagine will sell period. I know a number of people who are playing characters who have little to no DPS but just don't die.

They go great with glass cannon DH. the one just sits there always distracting the enemies while the DH shoots and kills everything.

RDreamer

Interesting (and annoying). I've vendored a ton of shit DPS 1h weapons with LOH on them recently. =/

Yeah, the thing is that a lot of people just look at that DPS number, but that number is kind of a liar depending on what build you're going for. Whirlwind Barb build, for example, apparently only uses your main hand for damage. You can have absolute shit damage in your offhand and it won't matter at all. Gloom tank DHs can run on the same theory. Throw a high LOH one hand crossbow in one hand and put your actual damage crossbow in the other. Only the main hand matters because you'll be using grenades, which goes off main hand damage. I think a lot of your main attack type spells and abilities that don't cost anything (or gain back whatever it is you use) tend to alternate like you'd expect, but spenders tend to go with only main hand damage.

Vman

Hey guys i got this to drop and looking to sell/trade it. All my slots are full and i need gold. any offers welcomed! (don't know if good lol)

tB8DZ.png

nitric0

Wow. My group was steamrolling Act 3 until we got to the barracks and there are two horde packs next to each other both with arcane, molten and desecrator with jailer. wtf blizzard?

Riggs

Banned
So been a while since I've played D3. My friend was saying barbarians do not need to use shield in inferno anymore.

Crit chance Crit build + Whirlwind he said is so OP. Any truth to this?

eek5

So been a while since I've played D3. My friend was saying barbarians do not need to use shield in inferno anymore.

Crit chance Crit build + Whirlwind he said is so OP. Any truth to this?

Melee chars stopped having to use a shield since 1.0.3

Totakeke

Dahbomb

Fire based damage does insane damage and it's pretty hilarious especially in Act 2 with those Elemental throwing those fire puddles and just melt away your life where as everything else does not so bad damage.

eek5

Ahahahah, FU Blizzard if this is true. Always suspected something like this was happening.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Strategy/comments/wf6zy/farming_resistance_or_armor_not_affecting/

I am pretty sure it's armor if it's only one, because I have 900+ resists and only 4-6k armor depending on whether I'm using a shield and still easily get wrecked by ground effects far more than anything in the game.

*sees cheap equipment with high armor disappear off the AH

rofl at the wall of fire. explains why i t one shots everyone new to a3

HenryHSH

Ever since I bought diablo3 I've been getting WoW phishing emails. Maybe I should have registered D3 on a junk email account that I never check... :\

Ahahahah, FU Blizzard if this is true. Always suspected something like this was happening.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Strategy/comments/wf6zy/farming_resistance_or_armor_not_affecting/

I am pretty sure it's armor if it's only one, because I have 900+ resists and only 4-6k armor depending on whether I'm using a shield and still easily get wrecked by ground effects far more than anything in the game.

*sees cheap equipment with high armor disappear off the AH

What happened to them actually telling the players about changes so HC characters don't suddenly drop like flies?

Insaniac

I know you guys just love price check posts, but I'm not sure as to what these are worth, I know both are pretty damn good, and the ring is worth a lot, but since I can only search 3 properties on the AH, im just not sure how high to price it (same with the pants)

QwiBp.png

sleepykyo

Ever since I bought diablo3 I've been getting WoW phishing emails. Maybe I should have registered D3 on a junk email account that I never check... :\

What happened to them actually telling the players about changes so HC characters don't suddenly drop like flies?

When SC characters die, it's a repair bill. When HC characters die, it translates into more AH and hopefully RMAH transactions.

eek5

I know you guys just love price check posts, but I'm not sure as to what these are worth, I know both are pretty damn good, and the ring is worth a lot, but since I can only search 3 properties on the AH, im just not sure how high to price it (same with the pants)

QwiBp.png

left: let the market (aka botter money) battle it out and decide the price
right: search for resis/int/vit and price it against what you find. I like to use 46 stat gems to factor in what to compete against

QwiBp.png

Everybody else can also only search 3 properties on the AH.

Also, the pants only have 3 properties, so I don't even see what the problem is there.

koji

I'm going to start breaking skulls if this game keeps giving me crap 2 handed ivl 63 weapons...

"Oh look ivl 63!"

"2hander urgh..."

"510 dps"

Maybe I need to hold on to them and make some kind of crap collage :lol

linsivvi

I'm going to start breaking skulls if this game keeps giving me crap 2 handed ivl 63 weapons...

"Oh look ivl 63!"

"2hander urgh..."

"510 dps"

Maybe I need to hold on to them and make some kind of crap collage :lol
Well 510 is like the base dps of a 2 handed lvl 63 weapon. You need it to roll at least a couple damage modifiers to make it a high dps weapon.

Xanathus

Man, the prices on the RMAH are ridiculous now considering that $1 = 1mil gold. When you think about it, everything in the RMAH is going to be overpriced because of Blizzard's $1 fee.

sleepykyo

Are you still playing the game while thinking they're manipulating things THAT cynically?

Core game is fine, I'm bored and I've grown accustomed to the concept that publishers shaft as hard as possible. If it helps put in perspective, I'm a pretty big fan of SFxT and that game is largely derided as a blatant cash in.

koji

Man, the prices on the RMAH are ridiculous now considering that $1 = 1mil gold. When you think about it, everything in the RMAH is going to be overpriced because of Blizzard's $1 fee.

I've got no idea what they were thinking with those fees. I think they've seriously overestimated the amount of money most people want to spend on virtual items...

&#8364;4 is my personal maximum, and that's even a lot...

Sigmaah

Can anyone tell me how to level up fast? I honestly would just play the acts out with my monk but that gets so boring haha. Just wanna get my monk to 60 fast so I can start tanking with him.

zulux21

I don't know if I feel good about this one
5Uc3s.png

I almost feel like I am stealing money at this point... this plan only costs 30k to buy on the gold auction house @_@

koji

Can anyone tell me how to level up fast? I honestly would just play the acts out with my monk but that gets so boring haha. Just wanna get my monk to 60 fast so I can start tanking with him.

Stack + experience gear in every slot. Search for a lowered level requirement weapon on the AH, you can search on that and input a value, when I bought my 590dmg lvl 46 axe -14 level requirement was pretty good value.

Rush through the acts, only kill the stuff on your way to objectives, if you've got enough +exp gear you'll still level fast enough.

Leveled my barb to 51 in 18 hours, could probably have gone faster if I hadn't fooled around at the lower levels in normal

Stack + experience gear in every slot. Search for a lowered level requirement weapon on the AH, you can search on that and input a value, when I bought my 590dmg lvl 46 axe -14 level requirement was pretty good value.

Rush through the acts, only kill the stuff on your way to objectives, if you've got enough +exp gear you'll still level fast enough.

Leveled my barb to 51 in 18 hours, could probably have gone faster if I hadn't fooled around at the lower levels in normal

Don't forget about a big fat ruby in a socketed helmet
Using same system i got WD to 60 in 23-24h.

LordCanti

Anyone (NA Server) up for Ghom in hell? My lvl 57 barb is geared up, but he still chokes me out with his gas -_-

Edit: NM, found a frenzy shrine that made the fight quick lol. Wrath of the win button strikes again.

Trickster

What's this new obsession of Natalaya's set nowadays ? Is that 2 hatred/sec really that big ?

What class are you using ?

It's not 2 hatred per second, it's 2 discipline per second. Consider that discipline only has 30 points as default, and that most skills cost between 6-14 discipline to use.

So yeah, 2 discipline per second is insanely good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom