• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DSmalls84

I think I'm finally starting to hit the wall. At about 260 total hours I still like to farm a little, but I defeinitely haven't put in the kind of hours farming I was a few weeks ago. Still enjoying the game a lot but I might actually start playing other stuff again.

LordCanti

Oh my god, Barb gear is ridiculously expensive now. I'm seeing 5 comparable dex/int items for each str item.

That's what happens when a class is OP; Everyone wants to play it.

This news does not please me, since my Alt Barb is level 59, and I'm going to need Inferno kit soon ><

sold two 400k items in two days. feels good

Now that I'm in act two Inferno, I seem to be having much better luck with ok-ish drops. Sold quite a few for 200-300k, a ring for 6 mil, and have a couple of mil in auctions waiting to finish.

I also got some crap-ass legendary ring (my second legendary ever) that I worked over for a fiery brimstone and made 230k off that.

I started 2 days ago with about a 100k in my coffers, and now I have just shy of 10mil.

Xanathus

That's what happens when a class is OP; Everyone wants to play it.

This news does not please me, since my Alt Barb is level 59, and I'm going to need Inferno kit soon ><

It's not like I'm even trying to find near perfect barb gear, I just want good vit and res but most of the items I find have high dex or int attached with them which makes them more valuable to those classes.

Now that I'm in act two Inferno, I seem to be having much better luck with ok-ish drops. Sold quite a few for 200-300k, a ring for 6 mil, and have a couple of mil in auctions waiting to finish.

I also got some crap-ass legendary ring (my second legendary ever) that I worked over for a fiery brimstone and made 230k off that.

I started 2 days ago with about a 100k in my coffers, and now I have just shy of 10mil.

Fiery brimstone is 230k on US AH ?
It's like 120k on EU :(

Xanathus

Ugh y'know what the AH needs? A way for sellers to tag items with labels like "Barbarian" or "Wizard" to make it easier to search for gear.

garath

Ugh y'know what the AH needs? A way for sellers to tag items with labels like "Barbarian" or "Wizard" to make it easier to search for gear.

All it needs is one or two more filters, a way to sort on time remaining, a way to see item history and ability to 'watch' auctions.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Newb Report:

Rolled a Barb real quick to see how they play in general...love how meaty their strikes felt. Launching dudes across the map with my basic attack is hilarious and awesome.

Had an issue with survivability early which kind of bothered me. Actually died in Act 1 on Normal which was an absolute first. Never even came close with my WD or Monk. Not sure what was up, but that gave me pause.

Went back to my Monk who is level 25 now rocking:

- Lightning Strikes w/Thunderclap
- Super Kick thingy
- Bubble Shield
- Healing Thing (Breath of Heaven?)
- Mantra of Stop Hitting Yourself (forget the name, Thorns equivalent)
- 7-Sided Strike w/Teleport + Boosted damage rune

Passives I've got the Mantra one to make them last forever (don't care) but love the passive spirit regen. Always enter a fight with full spirit so I can start blamming dudes immediately. Forget the other one.

Tried to get a decent mix of offense/defense...although it is skewed towards defense because I hate dying and I'm practicing up for Inferno anyways.

TL:DR - Some newb talks about stuff no one cares about and won't matter in like 5 more levels

Does it actually count as progression through an act if I can't kill a third of the elites? I'm doing ok in Act 2 inferno but I can't cope with most things that have fast or vortex+molten/chains/arcane.

LordCanti

50-60 in this game is the worst.

Does it actually count as progression through an act if I can't kill a third of the elites? I'm doing ok in Act 2 inferno but I can't cope with most things that have fast or vortex+molten/chains/arcane.

Yes. Progress, get gold, turn that into kit, then champs.

Blitzzz

so my wiz buddy has hit a wall in gearing for act 3...

he's currently sitting at
35k dps buffed
35k hp
~300 resist
30+ % crit
1700 int

He is using a blizz/hydra build and just can't dps fast enough to progress past Cydaea (we both skipped Ghom, no idea how that fight is now)

How are you 50k+ dps wizzes getting up that high? he's telling me it's costing 3mil+ for 1-2k dps now....

Sarcasm

I thought elite packs cold not spawn upon each other. Not only not illusionists they aren't even the same mob type.

*Also the lag got worse..can't tell if video or not.

garath

Well my monk friend and I (DH) officially have Act II on farm status. I think we died a total of 2-3 times in a few hours last night. Quality of drops was better than Act I - a lot less <60 lvl items.

We get rocked in Act III though. Spent about 100k in repairs without even finishing lighting the signal beacons. I'm back to getting one shotted. It's going to be that type of progression I think. Farm an act to gear up for the next act.

Spent about 15 million last night and got a new xbow, bracers, ring and actually found an amulet upgrade - hooray.

Went from ~26k dps to 34k dps (no sharpshooter).
30k hp to 36k hp.

Crit chance up a few points to 32%
Crit damage from 159 to over 200 (I forget exact number).

Big improvements. Lost a little magic find in the process though. I'm definitely feeling that. Not as many multi-yellows from the elite packs. Used to avg 2-3, now it's probably 1-2.

I'm debating a chest upgrade. It's tough going finding anything under 10m that is that big of an upgrade. Best I've been able to find is a 1 hatred regen and 30 vit upgrade for ~8 mil. Not that thrilling tbh.

Fact is, without spending 10s of millions of gold, I'm not upgrading as much as sacrificing some sort of stat for higher others (like lose 2k hp for 500 dps, etc). It's not a great way of going about it.

I thought elite packs cold not spawn upon each other. Not only not illusionists they aren't even the same mob type.

If only that were true. Faced double spawned elite packs at least a dozen times just last night. Not fun.

Anustart

I think I'm finally starting to hit the wall. At about 260 total hours I still like to farm a little, but I defeinitely haven't put in the kind of hours farming I was a few weeks ago. Still enjoying the game a lot but I might actually start playing other stuff again.

Im feeling the same. Re-installing SC2 as we type.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
still dont understand the level cap. so much wasted exp farming a1/a2 and trying to legit quest in a3. ( and to raise it in expansion packs even though i remember them saying they would'nt, which i highly doubt)

my only reason why they did it was so people couldnt advance through inferno with a1/2 gear while relying on char stats to increase and make you better. the cap really just forces any progression to rely solely on gear.

but i mean. really? is it that bad? just make the levels after 60 incredibly long to level up and i wouldnt be relying on the stats. but the amount of exp down the drain is just disappointing.

eek5

Someone....bought Perfect Square Gems? For real money?

....WTF?

As an experiment yesterday, I put my gems up for the minimum price allowed. None sold. You got damnnnnn lucky.

Basically you get in line then hope that you're in front of the line when some idiot buys them. But you can only stand in line for 36 hours then you have to get to the back of the line again.

garath

Someone....bought Perfect Square Gems? For real money?

....WTF?

As an experiment yesterday, I put my gems up for the minimum price allowed. None sold. You got damnnnnn lucky.

I already can't fathom the stuff people are buying for real money. At some point I'm going to do what everyone else did and cash out my character and go play something else. This is just getting ridiculous.

LordCanti

Finally Lvl 60 on my Alt Barb. I will never level another character in this game, until an expansion adds other classes. I don't have it in me.

I already can't fathom the stuff people are buying for real money. At some point I'm going to do what everyone else did and cash out my character and go play something else. This is just getting ridiculous.

I did that weeks ago while people still didn't know how much they should be paying for stuff. I wouldn't still be playing, except I wanted to try a tornado barb.

Prezhulio

Where is a good place for one lvl? (I am lvl 59..beat diablo already..been grinding already -.-)

very beginning of act iv hell (don't remember quest name or enemy name, but it's literally the first 20 seconds of act iv) - after taking down the boss with all the shadows coming at you in the first portal that tyrael opens, just leave game and restart quest. 20 minutes tops to get to 60.

LordCanti

Tornado Barb is....is...ahahahahahaha. I can't stop laughing while playing it.

very beginning of act iv hell (don't remember quest name or enemy name, but it's literally the first 20 seconds of act iv) - after taking down the boss with all the shadows coming at you in the first portal that tyrael opens, just leave game and restart quest. 20 minutes tops to get to 60.

That didn't seem like good EXP at all when I did it an hour or so ago. I got better results starting from Azmodan's door, going up, popping WOTB and Earthquake (to take down the spiders/phase beasts/whatever else is there) then reloading. It still took hours, but it wasn't that horrible.

Edit: Why is the server shutting down? Now I can't make a game. Dammit Blizzard it's the middle of the day, and it's not Tuesday ><

Radec

Got my DH to 60, now only 2 more classes left.

Reduced Level Req. Weapons are the best power leveling tool when you get to lvl42.

Everything melts.

LordCanti

Tornado barb is so good.

I don't have any money though...

I think I spent 500k gearing one up, and I was doing A1 Inferno just fine until the server kicked me and wouldn't let me make a new game (what is this maintenance for?)

It's super cheap because you don't need very high DPS. All you need is crit (on the weapons especially), crit chance, LOH on the weapons, and then junk Vita/All Res everything else. There is a video on youtube showing how to gear for it.

It's a bit hard to get used to, but it's hilarious to play.

Edit: "

We will be performing scheduled maintenance on Thursday, July 12th. Maintenance will begin at 9:00 AM PDT and conclude at approximately 1:00 PM PDT.

Thank you for your patience."

Four hours during the middle of the day and it's not patch tuesday. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

zulux21

bleh I lost track of time while searching the AH.... as I hit submit on a 1.5mil item to buy it I was booted from the AH.... I really hope I didn't spend 1.5mil on nothing lol
Four hours during the middle of the day and it's not patch tuesday. BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

in before the stealth nerf of the barb :p

I think I spent 500k gearing one up, and I was doing A1 Inferno just fine until the server kicked me and wouldn't let me make a new game (what is this maintenance for?)

It's super cheap because you don't need very high DPS. All you need is crit (on the weapons especially), crit chance, LOH on the weapons, and then junk Vita/All Res everything else. There is a video on youtube showing how to gear for it.

It's a bit hard to get used to, but it's hilarious to play.

haha yeah, it's definitely the most fun I'm having in the game.
I've got an Act I set with some MF going right now, but I wonder what it takes to do Act 3. I just run into a brick wall and die.

LordCanti

bleh I lost track of time while searching the AH.... as I hit submit on a 1.5mil item to buy it I was booted from the AH.... I really hope I didn't spend 1.5mil on nothing lol

in before the stealth nerf of the barb :p

I'd flip a table. It would be a massively wasted 20+ hours that I spent leveling him.

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
So what's the strategy to beat Ghom?

The rule of thumb is to slowly circle around the room so that by the time you come full circle the first couple of poison clouds have dissipated. Which class/build are you? That's how I did it with my melee wizard (even though I can't do much in act 3 without being slaughtered in half a second).

Got my first set item, yaaaay! And it's Natalya's Redemption too, yaaaaay! With shit stats, nooooooooo :(.

Does salvaging lvl 60+ items guarantee a fiery brimstone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom