• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Theres a bunch of here crushing ac3 and already beaten inferno.

My monk just needs to kill Diablo and Im done with that character. My Wiz is in act3 machines. Pretty hard though.

Lol, I meant none presently browsing GAF. At the time, I needed an A3 waypoint, and was hoping that someone would let me join their game. No one ever responded though lol.

yeah..VoA is more farm efficient for me after going through sewers, mines, and road to alc to get 5 stacks
I do sort of the opposite. I hit up the mines and kill the 2 elite groups usually near by the spawn point. Then I hit the elite group on road to alcarnus. Then I take the 3/4 stack whatever I have around there and hit up VoA where I kill the tons of elites and get all teh good shit. Then I just hit up path of oasis and clean that area up.

That's my extended act 2 farming run.

LordCanti

I'm at 50% crit chance now with my Tornado barb. If I can get the fury to pop WOTB, mobs melt. The only real issue is getting the fury built before being clobbered :p

If you still need an act 3 waypoint, I've got one for you.

Sublime #6909

Thank you.

which one do you need?

Already got it. Thanks though.

Sorry Canti I sent you a PM but you never responded.

I just killed Azmodan on Inferno. Act IV is next!

I never notice PM's =/

I've got pop up notice of PM enabled, but I guess chrome blocks those.

Thanks for trying.

eek5

Ahh, I think that's the place I was just in. More enjoyable than that goddamn cave anyway.

VoA is nice because it's a square layout with zero chance to get lost. You have to double back a couple times but it's short distances and usually backtracking to the main path means you hit an elite.

A2 has a lot of "ruins" that are like mini-VoA's as well (including crumbling vault). Very fast to travel through and usually have 2-4 packs.

I actually don't mind the caves in A2 as far as farming goes. It's annoying if you can't deal w/ arcane and stuff in tight corridors but they're extremely linear.

The really only bad thing A2 has going for it is its open areas are huge and sometimes you can lose farming time if you explore them (north of black canyon mines, oasis, desolate sands).

Tip for A2: Never, ever go into ancient caves. There is never a pack in there. It's 2 levels deep w/ a resplendent at the end. Basically a waste of time.

Any idea what I could get for this? I 'sniped' it for 1.4 mil @ 1 day 12 hours. Doing a search for 39% mf and 600 LoH yields only a handful of results with varying prices (from a few mil to tens of mil). Normally I wouldn't ask but this is a weird amulet and filtering for similar is yielding mixed results and only a few examples.

Bv4cU.jpg

LordCanti

Any idea what I could get for this? I 'sniped' it for 1.4 mil @ 1 day 12 hours. Doing a search for 39% mf and 600 LoH yields only a handful of results with varying prices (from a few mil to tens of mil). Normally I wouldn't ask but this is a weird amulet and filtering for similar is yielding mixed results and only a few examples.

Bv4cU.jpg

LOH, Life, and a perfect MF roll? Gat damn.

For a pure LOH build (no crit or anything) that's a damn good ammy. Someone could sword and board, only taking the LOH from the main hand, and still get 600 from the amulet.

For what it's worth, there isn't a single 40% (no other stat) amulet on the AH right now for 1.4m. That means the one you have is probably worth quite a bit more. There are only four amulets total with that much LOH and MF on the GAH, and one on the RMAH (not selling at $119, but with better stats). Who knows what to price it at. If it had a main stat, I'd say put it up for $250 and be done with it. Since it doesn't, I wonder if it could get $100?

What are the requirements for a pair of gloves be worth more than 100k now? It seems like if you don't have all 3 of Attack Speed, Crit Chance, and Crit Damage, they're basically worthless. Is that about right?

zulux21

Problem is, people are probably buying it, just you're getting put in line. People have to buy everyone's gold thats in front of you first.

I suppose... I keep somehow selling plans that are worth 250k or less gold for $1 or more @_@

eek5

Problem is, people are probably buying it, just you're getting put in line. People have to buy everyone's gold thats in front of you first.

Yup. Get in line behind this guy

HayBT.png

What are the requirements for a pair of gloves be worth more than 100k now? It seems like if you don't have all 3 of Attack Speed, Crit Chance, and Crit Damage, they're basically worthless. Is that about right?

8% crit, 25% critdmg, dex/int
8% crit, 25% critdmg, asi 6+
80+ str, vit, 65+res
200+ int, res, crit%
200+ dex, res, crit%

Some variations of 16-17MF, dex, crit% or just dex, 20GF+dex are around 100k or more

Yup. Get in line behind this guy

HayBT.png

That guy's never going to sell anything. You don't get many people jumping up to bat for 100m all at once, and it doesn't allow partial sales AFAIK.

8% crit, 25% critdmg, dex/int
8% crit, 25% critdmg, asi 6+
80+ str, vit, 65+res
200+ int, res, crit%
200+ dex, res, crit%

Some variations of 16-17MF, dex, crit% or just dex, 20GF+dex are around 100k or more

Thanks. I blew my remaining battle.net balance earlier on 6 prop gloves plan. Since I don't actually play play anymore, I figure I'll just log in once a day, craft some gloves, and sell half of everything good on the RMAH and the other half on the GAH to fund more crafts.

inky

Meh, I am already at the point in which I just launch the game to check the AH, then close it down again. Didn't even bother to finish a run today. Something interesting needs to happen for me to want to play again at this point, and I am going to take a guess and say sanctioned gold selling inflating the GAH prices is not it.

LordCanti

That guy's never going to sell anything. You don't get many people jumping up to bat for 100m all at once, and it doesn't allow partial sales AFAIK.

He probably has a higher chance of selling it than the guy peddling 1m. There are a ton of people in line at that end, and very few at the other end.

The question I have is whether someone buying $250 worth of gold is given gold from multiple people (5 people selling 50m each for instance) or if it goes for the highest denomination available first.

Either way, $2.50 (minus 30%) per million is terrible. I can turn a million gold into $5-$10 pretty easily through flips. I could anyway; Who knows after this.

He probably has a higher chance of selling it than the guy peddling 1m. There are a ton of people in line at that end, and very few at the other end.

The question I have is whether someone buying $250 worth of gold is given gold from multiple people (5 people selling 50m each for instance) or if it goes for the highest denomination available first.

Either way, $2.50 (minus 30%) per million is terrible. I can turn a million gold into $5-$10 pretty easily through flips. I could anyway; Who knows after this.

The way I understand it, when you place an order for N of some item, the algorithm is:

a) Find the listing with the lowest unit price where the quantity being sold is <= N.
b) Set N = the quantity remaining to be purchased
c) Repeat from a

So I don't believe it prioritizes people who are selling large quantities, only people who are selling cheaply. If there are 10 million people selling 1 million at 25 cents, then all of those people will get filled first.

So even if every single buyer ever is purchasing in bulk, you'll never get filled unless you (at some point, even if just for an second) become the cheapest person on the block

Here is the fucking empirical results of my scientific testing concerning WHY I DIE IN DIABLO 3:

50% of the time from shit flying in off screen whether it's super speed projectiles, super fast teleport, etc...

49% of the time when the game stutters

1% of the time from "other', other consisting of basically the normal game, normal fights, etc...

Totakeke

The AH does allow partial sells for the commodities. If you cancel after it's partially sold you get back the item left and the proceeds. That's what I heard someone else describe anyway.

The AH does allow partial sells for the commodities. If you cancel after it's partially sold you get back the item left and the proceeds. That's what I heard someone else describe anyway.

I once put up 3 Perfect Star Emeralds in a single stack, priced competitively. Didn't sell after 6 hours. Cancelled it and put up all 3 individually and the first one sold within 10 minutes, the other ones within an hour, at the same price. So yea, idk. I suppose that's possible, the encounter I had above though led me to believe it wasn't possible to have a partial sale.

LordCanti

I once put up 3 Perfect Star Emeralds in a single stack, priced competitively. Didn't sell after 6 hours. Cancelled it and put up all 3 individually and the first one sold within 10 minutes, the other ones within an hour, at the same price. So yea, idk. I suppose that's possible, the encounter I had above though led me to believe it wasn't possible to have a partial sale.

If yours is the cheapest at the price, but someone only wants a couple items from the stack, it should sell off those items.

I'm not saying it does, just that it should.

For what it's worth, my experience pretty much mirrors yours; I put up 10 deep stacks and they didn't sell. Then I split it up, did it one by one, and they sold almost instantly.

Staab

Aahhhhh, over 200 hours played and my first set item dropped today, in Act 2 Inferno :

vgw9l.jpg

Aaaannnnd....

mahfD.jpg

GAF ? Shit damage right? Do the rest of the stats make up for it ? =(

Danj

Does that apply to commodities like Tomes of Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing as well? Cos I just put a bunch of those up on the RMAH last night thinking it's gonna be money for old rope.

Does that apply to commodities like Tomes of Jewelcrafting/Blacksmithing as well? Cos I just put a bunch of those up on the RMAH last night thinking it's gonna be money for old rope.

The difference with those is that people frequently buy a metric fuckton at once. It's not uncommon to see people buying 1k, or 2k tomes at once. So I wouldn't worry about it.

If they haven't sold, you can alawys cancel them at any time though since they're commodities.

That being said, I seriously doubt anyone is ever going to buy tomes at the current RMAH price of 25 cents. So if those don't sell, it's probably not because of the quantity.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Hoping with commodities being up, I can squeeze a few final dollars from the game. I listed a Million Gold for $2.50, a 350k gold recipe for $1.80, and just tosses up all my gems and tomes.

Insaniac

so I was complaining to my friend about how i never get legendary drops, and then lo and behold i get 3 legendaries today, 2 were one right after another elite group. ONly the ring was decent though.

I've been getting extremely shit luck these past few days. Like, the items I loot are THIS close to being 50m+ in price, but there's always one fucking stat missing that keeps them away from true greatness.

That or it's level 52 drops after killing champ invul phasebeasts. Fuck off with that shit!

SALT

Aahhhhh, over 200 hours played and my first set item dropped today, in Act 2 Inferno :

vgw9l.jpg

Aaaannnnd....

mahfD.jpg

GAF ? Shit damage right? Do the rest of the stats make up for it ? =(

damage bonus vs elite AND with poison dart ? socket ? Dat mana regen ? It's really good. Put the best ruby gem in there to make the damage better

Radec

Hey gaf, anyone here can help me kill Diablo inferno ?

Keep getting killed in phase 3 by those spammed flaming circles.

I just want to get over it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom