• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just bought this that had just been put on the AH, had 1d 11h left.

RyLBv.jpg

Gotta be considered a snipe at 6 million right?

DPS is really low. 6 millions for that ? Yeah, good stats but terrible dps... I hope it's an offhand for a full crit build

Trickster

DPS is really low. 6 millions for that ? Yeah, good stats but terrible dps... I hope it's an offhand for a full crit build

It is as an off hand for the barbarian tornado spec, offhand dps doesnt really matter that much since the whirlwind and tornadoes from sprint only gets their dps from the mainhand afaik.

Edit - looking the other weapons with similar stats, I feel like it was a very good purchase. None that has a BO are under 16 million :)

It is as an off hand for the barbarian tornado spec, offhand dps doesnt really matter that much since the whirlwind and tornadoes from sprint only gets their dps from the mainhand afaik.

Edit - looking the other weapons with similar stats, I feel like it was a very good purchase. None that has a BO are under 16 million :)

Good price imo, str+LOH+crit+socket can get crazy expensive almost all the time.
I need one like that too :D

Interesting armor I found:
81qhW.jpg

Kiind of just as an example, do you think this type of armor will be valuable (again, or with the inclusion of PvP) in the future?

Ashhong

Anybody want to do this Vault of the Assassin run with me?

https://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/5960806373?page=1

1.) Start on the "Black Soulstone Quest"

2.) First WP: Road to Alcarnus, head here, over the bridge and there is one guarenteed pack, but typically two. Kill these two and go back to WP or town.

3.) Second WP: Black Canyon Mines, head here and look up first, if there is no pack up from the WP, head down and accross the small bridge. From my experience, there are ALWAYS two packs very close to this WP and are usually easy to kill, fallen and bees.

4.) At this point you have either 3 or 4 stacks, If you have three, spawn at the Khasim Outpost WP and run down, there is usually another mob here.

5.) Once you have 4 stacks, head to the sewers, there is ALWAYS either a pack of flies or snakes down here, ususally very close to the WP.

6.) Now, heres the not so fun part. If this is your first VotA run, you are gonna need to find the Vault, and it can take a bit of time. This will make your first run a little longer then the rest. Spawn at the Desolate Sands WP and start exploring. I find that the vault is usually bottom left from the WP or top right, to the right of the bridge that leads to the next area.

7.) Once you are in the vault, have fun clearing the most densly packed Champions in the game (that I have found anyways). On several occasion I had to take on two packs at once because they pretty much spawned on one another. There is NEVER less than seven packs in this area and I have seen upwards of 12. The trash in here is also very easy mode and there isnt much of it.

Now heres the trick, when you are done with that particular run, leave the game but DO NOT change your quest, now each time you rejoin your game you will be in the vault :D. From here, TP out and go from step 2 making sure NOT to use town portals, just the WPs. When you have 5 stacks, use the WP in sewers to get back to town and then use your original TP to get to the vault instantly.

Realyn

Anyone on my Act 2 problem? Only idea so far would be switching my 6k dps scoundrel with a frost bow for my ench with ~4k dps. But doubt that her little bit cc will be the solution.

I'm too tired to play now, but I'll give Illu as passive a shot tomorrow.

Barbarian friend of mine requires some assistance...

He's trying to work out whether to go dual wield or 1h + shield and the items he's equipping are confusing him a bit. Are there any sort of dual wield penalties to take account of?

He equipped a 69 STR shield (more there too, but nothing that would increas edamage) instead of a 90 STR, +49% crit damage mace and his damage actually went up by a bit. Can anyone tell me why that might be the case?

Grassy

Mbez5.jpg
Fj0BN.jpg

Had these drop last night but I have no idea about WD items, did a search on the AH but prices seem a bit all over the place. Are they worth anything/anyone here want them?

ch0mp

Barbarian friend of mine requires some assistance...

He's trying to work out whether to go dual wield or 1h + shield and the items he's equipping are confusing him a bit. Are there any sort of dual wield penalties to take account of?

He equipped a 69 STR shield (more there too, but nothing that would increas edamage) instead of a 90 STR, +49% crit damage mace and his damage actually went up by a bit. Can anyone tell me why that might be the case?
Damage is averaged over the 2 weapons. So if there's a big DPS difference between the two, damage goes down.

trs1080

Neo Member
So a million gold will sell for 2$ on RMAH?

I put up 500k last night to see what would happen. Got this in an email today:

Congratulations on your successful auction in Diablo III!
Item name 500,000 Gold
Time of transaction 13 Jul 2012 03:21 PM PDT
Sale price $1.25

Hmm... Interesting. I have like 85m gold...

Mbez5.jpg
Fj0BN.jpg

Had these drop last night but I have no idea about WD items, did a search on the AH but prices seem a bit all over the place. Are they worth anything/anyone here want them?

Left one is ok. Generally I want high int on mine as well, but the crit is nice. I'd prefer high int and a socket, but should sell really well. The one on the right - meh, it might be worth something, dunno what MF gear goes for nowadays.

Woo-Fu

Banned
Back when I still played I wouldn't touch a mojo that didn't have mana regen on it. Needs mana regen and high damage, crit chance is a nice bonus.

eek5

Hey guys what does Reflect damage count as? It's my main weakness and want to stack some resistance against it. Arcane?

The better question is if you're reflecting damage to an enemy that has reflect damage, do you reflect damage back and forth? Forever?

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
Inferno Diablo beaten with pretty mediocre gear and stats as a 2hand barb. Had to re-spec to do it from my normal Act clearing runs. Took a while as I played with different combinations. Anyways:

32k dps
33k hps
1250 LoH
6% lifesteal
35% crit rate (no enchantress available of course)
130% crit damage
400 resist all
9% IAS
7500 armor (from passive selected....usually run at 6100 armor)

Warcry (Impunity)
Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss)
Overpower (Crushing Advance)
Wrath of the Beserker (Insanity)

Frenzy (Maniac)
Leap (Iron Impact)

Nerves of Steel (although with only 630vit I'm not sure this is a good choice)
Ruthless
Tough as Nails

Basically jab and move and rotate cooldowns as needed, bring the pain when WotB was up. Took about 12 minutes but after I got the hang of it it was pretty straight forward. Some lee-way for minor errors (unlike some previous attempts with other builds) but still had to execute well or I'd die.

eek5

Inferno Diablo beaten with pretty mediocre gear and stats as a 2hand barb. Had to re-spec to do it from my normal Act clearing runs. Took a while as I played with different combinations. Anyways:

32k dps
33k hps
1250 LoH
6% lifesteal
35% crit rate (no enchantress available of course)
130% crit damage
400 resist all
9% IAS
7500 armor (from passive selected....usually run at 6100 armor)

Warcry (Impunity)
Ignore Pain (Ignorance is Bliss)
Overpower (Crushing Advance)
Wrath of the Beserker (Insanity)

Frenzy (Maniac)
Leap (Iron Impact)

Nerves of Steel (although with only 630vit I'm not sure this is a good choice)
Ruthless
Tough as Nails

Basically jab and move and rotate cooldowns as needed, bring the pain when WotB was up. Took about 12 minutes but after I got the hang of it it was pretty straight forward. Some lee-way for minor errors (unlike some previous attempts with other builds) but still had to execute well or I'd die.
12 mins? Good thing you beat him before they add some stupid enrage!

offtopic

He measures in centimeters
12 mins? Good thing you beat him before they add some stupid enrage!

Actually 8-9 now that I think about it...WotB went off 5 times (1x phase1, 2x phase2, 2x phase3). The devs did say they wanted long boss fights so I think asking players to execute well for a certain duration is desirable. Remember, fights in WoW would easily go far past that.

Definitely didn't use any sort of kiting. Moved out when things got bad, moved in when there was an opening and/or cooldowns were up.

kennah

Get a reduced lvl req. weapon and steamroll your way to 60.

Been using this since Level 46 :) Picked it up in a bidding war for 193k. The buyout was something like 600k

Screenshot006%20-%20Copy.jpg

Ok... time to take a break for the night. Skeleton King is one hitting me.

Ashhong

The better question is if you're reflecting damage to an enemy that has reflect damage, do you reflect damage back and forth? Forever?

Uh, not sure exactly what you're asking, but I throw down the venom hydra and put on Ice Armor. The hydra usually keeps hitting after my armor is out, and my health goes down low and forces me to use a potion. After that, I have to wait until Ice Armor cooldown is over so I can throw down another hydra. It's a shitty strategy for reflect monsters. Am I doing it wrong?

Anyway, I bought some new gear so my all resis is around 400, and it helps a lot in act 1 and 2, but doesnt really do anything for me in Act 3. I guess I need more.

Radec

Damn, never knew Reflect mobs we're really a nightmare for DH lol.

My wiz pretty much ignored it. Well it had 1.5k hp/sec regen I guess.

Just started a hardcore barb, shits gonna be fun. My friend already died at level 11, haha. This is gonna be a long grind to inferno

edit: reflect is easy for DH if you've got the proper skills equipped. Shadow power with gloom rune or Smoke screen deal with reflect pretty well.

eek5

Uh, not sure exactly what you're asking, but I throw down the venom hydra and put on Ice Armor. The hydra usually keeps hitting after my armor is out, and my health goes down low and forces me to use a potion. After that, I have to wait until Ice Armor cooldown is over so I can throw down another hydra. It's a shitty strategy for reflect monsters. Am I doing it wrong?

Anyway, I bought some new gear so my all resis is around 400, and it helps a lot in act 1 and 2, but doesnt really do anything for me in Act 3. I guess I need more.

What I'm asking is would you reflect the damage back and forth. Forever.

eek5

I do not understand. I don't reflect damage, I deal it until they die.
Wasn't refering to your situation, rather a situation where both you and the enemy are reflecting damage.

My question was if you're reflecting damage to an enemy that has reflect damage, do you reflect damage back and forth? Forever?

Ashhong

Wasn't refering to your situation, rather a situation where both you and the enemy are reflecting damage.

My question was if you're reflecting damage to an enemy that has reflect damage, do you reflect damage back and forth? Forever?

Ooh..ok. I think that you can only reflect physical damage back to an enemy. I think.

eek5

I think monk and barb can reflect most/all damage but does their reflected damage get reflected back to them only to get reflected again? Forever!?

linsivvi

Speaking of reflect damage, why can't they hurry up and fix the damn bug that reflects follower and mystic ally damage to my character? It's a pretty ridiculous bug and not something that's difficult to fix at all, and instead week after week they just keep "fixing" things that aren't even broken to begin with.

Reflect damage is such bullshit because the very fact that it exists forces me to use up a skill slot as a demon hunter. I didn't have to before they nerfed smoke screen though but now gloom is basically a must.

If I didn't need it I could add something else that could improve my play style by plenty but I pretty much have no choice.

eek5

Speaking of reflect damage, why can't they hurry up and fix the damn bug that reflects follower and mystic ally damage to my character? It's a pretty ridiculous bug and not something that's difficult to fix at all, and instead week after week they just keep "fixing" things that aren't even broken to begin with.

same reason nightmare has been broken for over a month

spoiler: doesn't affect the economy so who gives a fuck

tafer

Ok, quick question, are enemy fire spells broken?

I'm taking way too much damage (1.1k+ Res/8k armor) from anything fire: chains, molten, etc. Ideas?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Reflect damage is such bullshit because the very fact that it exists forces me to use up a skill slot as a demon hunter. I didn't have to before they nerfed smoke screen though but now gloom is basically a must.

If I didn't need it I could add something else that could improve my play style by plenty but I pretty much have no choice.

You could get life on hit, or life steal, or increase your defense, or a combination of those three. Then you don't need gloom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom