• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordCanti

Kripp was doing Act 3 with about 530 unbuffed, but around 6400 armour a few days ago (partly owing to high STR, not sure how high. He has some insane 270+ STR shoulders). Not sure how his gear has changed since, though I don't think it matters much, since he did just fine then, too. At least from what I saw.

I can get 200 STR on a chest piece right now for not a whole lot of gold, which should buff me quite a bit, while sacrificing 70 Res All.

I picked this up for like 30k as an offhand.

lAARn.jpg

Cheaaaaap.

IMO, your main priorities are getting enough life on hit so that your regen is really fast, and then have enough HP buffer so that you don't die.

The biggest impact to my survivability was when I got my HP to above 55k. At that level of HP, nothing could really damage me so much at once that I wouldn't be able to heal back.

Your resists and armor seem fine. I'm running around act 3 with less.

My HP is only 30k. Maybe I should focus on buffing that first. Well, second. Step one is getting a main hand that is an Axe/Mace (instead of the sword I bought like an idiot, not knowing that it didn't get the 10% crit chance buff)

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
How much res all should I sacrifice for STR?

I'm at 656 resistance right now unbuffed. 5600 Armor.

IMO, your main priorities are getting enough life on hit so that your regen is really fast, and then have enough HP buffer so that you don't die.

The biggest impact to my survivability was when I got my HP to above 55k. At that level of HP, nothing could really damage me so much at once that I wouldn't be able to heal back.

Your resists and armor seem fine. I'm running around act 3 with less.

LordCanti

This build is broken.

Less than a mil in gear, and I just took down two champ mobs. I don't know which affixes were on which, but the combination was molten, desecrator, vortex, waller, arcane.

With my LOH+Frenzy barb (the thing I steamrolled through Normal-Hell with) I could barely take one arcane mob.

This is insane.

Yeah, STR does affect the tornadoes. With all my gear at 281% Crit Dmg they crit for about 12k max, without (but keeping the same crit dmg) they crit for maybe 4800 max.

Wow. Want.

Thanks for testing it.

As for the spear...I feel sorry for whoever sold it. I feel good for me of course, though. Got it when it was still 1 day 12 hours left.

I need to find a crit chance + crit damage ammy. They're so expensive though.

Rufus

Yeah, STR does affect the tornadoes. With all my gear at 281% Crit Dmg they crit for about 12k max, without (but keeping the same crit dmg) they crit for maybe 4800 max.

I picked this up for like 30k as an offhand.

lAARn.jpg

Cheaaaaap.
Wow. Want.

I'd be farming Act 3 right now if I had any LOH. Gotta get my crit chance above 30%, too. If I could find a cheap axe/mace without losing any DPS and and off-hand like the above I'd be set.

LordCanti

Gold commodities up on the RMAH. 2.80 is the current US price.

I'm sure it'll hit the floor ($2.50 right?) shortly.

Edit: "Average last 10 trades: 0.25" lol, apparently it already did hit the floor.

Yes, it will be interested to see if this inflates the price.

Downside: you pay more. At the moment, a lot more. Upside: there is no risk of being cheated out of your purchase. Customer service exists. Market is stable and open.

I can imagine gold going for 1.40 on the black market, but, let's say, 2.00 on the RMAH for people who don't want the hassle or who don't trust unaccountable third parties. If the floor remains 2.50, there may be problems unless their bot detection and prevention gets better.

It can't get to $2.00, can it? The minimum is 25 cents for 100k gold (which is $2.50 for a mil). Unless I'm missing something. Blizzard is artificially inflating it by setting that minimum.

Opiate

With bots selling as low as $1.40...

Yes, it will be interested to see if this inflates the price.

Downside: you pay more. At the moment, a lot more. Upside: there is no risk of being cheated out of your purchase. Customer service exists. Market is stable and transparent.

I can imagine gold going for 1.40 on the black market, but, let's say, 2.00 on the RMAH for people who don't want the hassle or who don't trust unaccountable third parties. If the floor remains 2.50, there may be problems unless their bot detection and prevention gets better.

I've hit the point where I'm not having fun. Trying to get Kulle's blood in a cave and I keep coming up against spiders that I just can't kill (they're way too fast for me to kite). Last lot had fire chains too... which was enjoyable. :(

LordCanti

For three million dollars, you can be the proud owner of one trillion gold.

Edit: Anyone (on NA server) mind me joining their game and getting an A3 Inferno checkpoint (Azmodan)? I want to see if my new Tornado Barb is A3 ready.

I wonder how much this will inflate the gold AH.

I'm not against spending like 15 dollars a month, because I'm use to MMO subs, but it's only 5 million. ...Double what I currently have....

Kyuur

Having a ton of trouble with Ghom on my monk. My stats are: 40k HP, 20k DPS, 900 LOH, 600~ Resists, 5000 Armor. Skill build is this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiXgjh!cXU!aZZaZa

I've also tried adjusting my skill build to: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aRXgiQ!cYU!aaZaZa but with no further success.

Any tips? Do I need to get godly LPS and LOH to survive this battle? I kite the clouds as best as I can inbetween my 3 sec invunerabilities. Belial and Zoltun were complete cake compared to this guy. : |

Edit: Inferno, by the way.

Having a ton of trouble with Ghom on my monk. My stats are: 40k HP, 20k DPS, 900 LOH, 600~ Resists, 5000 Armor. Skill build is this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aiXgjh!cXU!aZZaZa

I've also tried adjusting my skill build to: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/monk#aRXgiQ!cYU!aaZaZa but with no further success.

Any tips? Do I need to get godly LPS and LOH to survive this battle? I kite the clouds as best as I can inbetween my 3 sec invunerabilities. Belial and Zoltun were complete cake compared to this guy. : |

I hit the enrage with worse stats. Did 3 around the room kites. 14k dps, no LOH.

Try Mantra of Conviction-Overawe or Healing-Sustenance.

I also experimented with Inner Sanctuary- Safe Haven instead of Mystic Ally since it dies real fast.

And I tried Becon of Ytar instead of Transcendence.

These ideas might be shit, but It seems like I could have been real close with LOH and your deeps.

I also was using deadly reach, may be worse or better, Iunno. Fuck Ghom.

I wound up just getting a barb to kill it for me, but I haven't quested further yet.

Went to beat Azmodan inferno. got help from two awesome buddies with good stuff but not that amazing. A good barb and a glass canon wiz.

We went through first try no wipe. Then we try act IV, got crushed under elites, but we ran. We made it to diablo. First try, my monk never died.

thiz game iz EZ

Edit: Inferno, by the way.

You should get your DPS up slightly. Resists are low too. If you can kite him though, you should be OK there. However, you need another 3-5K DPS I would say otherwise he'll hit his enrage and you die regardless.

He starts out in the center. I pull him to an edge and start attacking. He expells his gas and I walk away. Do not walk away far. You need to make sure you slowly pull him around the edge of the map in a circle. That way, when you get back to where you started, the gas is dying down.

This worked for me. It's slow though as you ahve to constantly pull yourself away from him. That's why you need to get your DPS up.

My resistances were slightly higher than yours. I had 10K less HP though. So rea gear a little and sacrifice some vitaility for more dex and resist.

EDIT: I'm actually at the start of tier two Act IV with 10K less HP that you.

Kyuur

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm going to farm Act I/II a bit and raise some money for some slightly better gears and play around the skills. Just bought a new weapon and raised my DPS to 22k and got some HP/Spirit Spent. Will work on circling him as well, great tip. : )

Edit: Also, Overawe rocks. Don't know why I wasn't using it before. So much power! I think I might want more Spirit Regen as well so I can use Mantras as on-demand heal of 6k~.

eek5

I'd gain almost 5k dps from those glove, even though I would be giving up 18 crit dmg and 95 STR. So yeah, worth a bunch.

Kripp was doing Act 3 with about 530 unbuffed, but around 6400 armour a few days ago (partly owing to high STR, not sure how high. He has some insane 270+ STR shoulders). Not sure how his gear has changed since, though I don't think it matters much, since he did just fine then, too. At least from what I saw.

He has like 1200+ LoH and 70k unbuffed dps. Not sure I'd use that as a template lol

edit: he has 90k dps now lol

LordCanti

It seems like more NA people are around now; Anyone around that I can bum an A3 Inferno checkpoint off of? I want to test my Tornado Barb.

He has like 1200+ LoH and 70k unbuffed dps. Not sure I'd use that as a template lol

edit: he has 90k dps now lol

90k unbuffed? Lol, nice.

How much does Athene have on that DH of his? It's got to be a lot if he can take down bosses blindfolded with it.

Raxus

I really need to beg but I really need to invest in this now. Can someone please give me ~40 million gold. I will pay you back with interest.

Raxus

Err. Seriously?

It is for a recipe online. I have tried saving up for it but every time I make a million gold it goes up by 2 million. It is frustrating and I don't think I will ever reach that amount of gold unless I just payed for it through a shady source.

LordCanti

I am disappoint GAF; None among ye is in Act 3 Inferno?

It is for a recipe online. I have tried saving up for it but every time I make a million gold it goes up by 2 million. It is frustrating and I don't think I will ever reach that amount of gold unless I just payed for it through a shady source.

Wait, so you were serious?

Just so we're clear :p

Sadly, yes. I am that desperate. I beat Ghrom btw Canti. Thanks for the offer to help though.

Mind if I pop into your game real quick to get a checkpoint?

(I'm short about 39.5m, so I can't loan you 40m at the moment, lol)

Raxus

Sadly, yes. I am that desperate. I beat Ghrom btw Canti. Thanks for the offer to help though.

Sure you can Canti. Just send me your info and I will add you.

Then how are you going to pay people back with interest? Surely you realize that 40 million is a patently ridiculous amount of gold to simply ask random internet strangers for.

Reasons like this are why the RMAH exists. If it's genuinely a good investment, then you should be willing to back it with real money (i.e. buy the recipe from the RMAH), and recoup your initial investment by selling the items you craft on the RMAH for profit.

So it's like a catch 22. If you aren't confident enough in your investment strategy to put your own money behind it, then any potential "investor" probably isn't confident enough that they'll ever get paid back. And if you are confident enough that your investment strategy will be profitable, then why not just do that?

eek5

As profitable as crafting can be, if you can't afford the recipe you probably can't afford to make any money crafting. My last 80 crafts have been terrible. At the prices I purchased mats at, I basically lost 10 million gold. You promising to pay someone back is sweet and all but a very likely scenario would be you blowing all the rest of your gold crafting shit crafts then just rage quitting the game forever after several table flips. Hard to pay someone back "with interest" then.. lol

Raxus

Then how are you going to pay people back with interest? Surely you realize that 40 million is a patently ridiculous amount of gold to simply ask random internet strangers for.

Reasons like this are why the RMAH exists. If it's genuinely a good investment, then you should be willing to back it with real money, and recoup your initial investment by selling the items you craft on the RMAH for profit.

I am against the idea of spending a dime on fake items. Plus ever since my game was hijacked I have been paranoid about using the RMAH to even sell some items. But I could try to sell my neck and purchase the recipe and see if that works.

I am against the idea of spending a dime on fake items. Plus ever since my game was hijacked I have been paranoid about using the RMAH to even sell some items. But I could try to sell my neck and purchase the recipe and see if that works.

It's an investment though, right? What's the difference, if you're going to make that money back anyway?

ch0mp

So you have a neck worth 40 million.... and you're begging for gold?

So am I the only one who gets a lot more mileage farming act 2 than 3? Act 3 is a bit harder but I don't seem to get much. Act 2 has tons of easy access elites, they aren't hard to beat at all for the most part, and yeahhh.

Sophia

So am I the only one who gets a lot more mileage farming act 2 than 3? Act 3 is a bit harder but I don't seem to get much. Act 2 has tons of easy access elites, they aren't hard to beat at all for the most part, and yeahhh.

Act 2's a pain in the ass to farm at first (entire first half of the act is shit for consistent farming), but one you get to the point where you have the whole act unlock it becomes pretty good for farming.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?

yeah..VoA is more farm efficient for me after going through sewers, mines, and road to alc to get 5 stacks

Anustart

Share it here in Gaf! hide it in qoute. :p

Hah, I would, but that would most definitely end said loop by causing a string of people undercutting one another on a certain item, lol. I will say that

And it can probably be applied to others rather than just the one I'm using.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom