• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

scy

damage bonus vs elite AND with poison dart ? socket ? Dat mana regen ? It's really good. Put the best ruby gem in there to make the damage better

Off-Hands aren't Weapons so a Ruby is +Strength.

The low damage basically kills the item, unfortunately :/ Even with the bonuses.

Staab

Anyone on EU can help me kill Ghom on Inferno ?
I'm basically fucking useless as a monk and can't even get him to 50% hp =(

Quote to see my battle tag, I'll be on this afternoon !
Grianspog#2559

Meh, I am already at the point in which I just launch the game to check the AH, then close it down again. Didn't even bother to finish a run today. Something interesting needs to happen for me to want to play again at this point, and I am going to take a guess and say sanctioned gold selling inflating the GAH prices is not it.

This is EXACTLY what I do lol. Haven't done a run in like a week. Hopefully the balance and legendary rework patches are coming up soon cause PVP is still a ways off.

garath

So some gold definitely goes a long way. With ~20mil in upgrades (8 mil for my bow with the balance for the rest of my gear + gem upgrades), I went from 24k dps to 39k and 29k hp to 40k hp. Resists are up around 300 (up from 200).

Key points to my build are crit chance at 33% and crit damage 210%. Act 2 is now a cakewalk. Time to try act 3 again.

It's just really expensive to make even minor upgrades now. Best jump with a single piece was about 1800 dps. Nickel and diming my way to the top.

I probably could have done better but I don't have the time to sit and watch the AH all day so I did some buyouts instead of trying to snipe things (except for a couple pieces which I landed for a song).

still.. gotta wonder what's it all for.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
abandoning my inferno DH. rolling a monk. my 2nd character ever played in d3. since ive mainly been following DH related news, builds, etc. is there any advice people can give me for Monk builds/skills/item stats/ etc. cheers in advance.

idoabZ7WgGbuN.jpg

Good sirs, could I get a price check on these? What I'm seeing on the AH seems a little ridiculous.

(Sorry for the re-post but these pants are confusing the hell out of me.)

kennah

abandoning my inferno DH. rolling a monk. my 2nd character ever played in d3. since ive mainly been following DH related news, builds, etc. is there any advice people can give me for Monk builds/skills/item stats/ etc. cheers in advance.

I hear ya. The Barbarian I started a week ago is a higher level now than my launch WD.

Zanosuke

Sigh, I've not been able to sell a single good ilvl 62-63 item for the past few days (EU), even when I'm selling for way less than the cheapest buyout price but with better stats. How I am suppose to get 10+ m gold for a new weapon if god-tier items only seems to sell? ; /

Input 200 Dex, 40 +res, and Vit as your search criteria. Quick search on NA AH shows it's around the 5M-7M range.

Except if you put in the max amount of Dex it can have (243, right?) the price goes into insano territory. I can't imagine it actually sells for as much as it's listed.

Except if you put in the max amount of Dex it can have (243, right?) the price goes into insano territory. I can't imagine it actually sells for as much as it's listed.

Probably because at that point the gems are worth 20 million each.

It's not worth having 'insano' stats if you won't even make your money back on the gems. Just pop lower level ones in it and make some cash.

Probably because at that point the gems are worth 20 million each.

It's not worth having 'insano' stats if you won't even make your money back on the gems. Just pop lower level ones in it and make some cash.

Two star rubies aren't actually that bad.

I just can't imagine somebody paying $100 bucks or 77 million gold for these pants.

Anustart

Seemingly for the time being I've found a never ending money making loop utilizing the gah and rmah. We'll see if it holds up.

Looks like I have about a day left in this profit-making machine. Prices on the item are dropping. :(

Really haven't been playing anymore either, just isn't holding my attention. Though I did re-install Starcraft 2 and played a bunch of matches yesterday, took too long of a break though, my skill has suffered.

RDreamer

Two star rubies aren't actually that bad.

I just can't imagine somebody paying $100 bucks or 77 million gold for these pants.

Rubies are for str. You'd need emeralds for that.

And I'm not entirely sure they'd be worth that much, either, or at least they're going to be harder to sell that high. Thing is that monks definitely won't buy them. You can find really nice monk pants with the resist of your choice for decently cheap, or at least way way way cheaper than that. My own pats have 60 dex, 200+ vit, 2 open sockets, and 56 lightning resist. So, honestly someone like me would never make the switch, especially since All Res seems to command a premium. That means your only hope is from DHs. You very well could get a DH to buy it, I'm just not sure at that much. I would think a DH would pay a good amount (again, because all resist commands a premium), but maybe only like 20 million.

The other thing is that I think a lot of builds tend to search for large vit on pants. That's one of the spots that's really easy to get a large vit roll, so they make up the main stat on everything else where it's easier to get a large roll on that. Gloves and boots for instance to up to like 300.

Rubies are for str. You'd need emeralds for that.

And I'm not entirely sure they'd be worth that much, either, or at least they're going to be harder to sell that high. Thing is that monks definitely won't buy them. You can find really nice monk pants with the resist of your choice for decently cheap, or at least way way way cheaper than that. My own pats have 60 dex, 200+ vit, 2 open sockets, and 56 lightning resist. So, honestly someone like me would never make the switch, especially since All Res seems to command a premium. That means your only hope is from DHs. You very well could get a DH to buy it, I'm just not sure at that much. I would think a DH would pay a good amount (again, because all resist commands a premium), but maybe only like 20 million.

The other thing is that I think a lot of builds tend to search for large vit on pants. That's one of the spots that's really easy to get a large vit roll, so they make up the main stat on everything else where it's easier to get a large roll on that. Gloves and boots for instance to up to like 300.

Thank you... that kind of analysis was exactly what I needed.

RDreamer

Thank you... that kind of analysis was exactly what I needed.

Try searching pants with 130 dex, 130 vit, and 40 res all, too. Get a consensus on what some of the higher ones in that category command for price and what they offer. You might also find a few that people put vit gems into in order to get over the ~120/120 hump rather than pumping dex. Not that you have to price them in line with some of those pants, but it might give you a better idea.

Zertez

I need help with Ghom as well, if anyone can help a WD. I have solid gear, but I get him to 30 percent and gas overwhelms me. Ive been stuck on him for a week. Bnet tag is Tick1452#1574.
Edit: Finally killed him with Xanathus help, thanks much.

RDreamer

Seems like logically it should correspond to whatever type of damage you did to the enemy. If you hit it with Poison, it should reflect poison. Etc.

That would make some kind of sense, but since Bliz simplified all the weapon damages and stuff so they don't actually do much of anything (aside from cold) and make no difference, I kind of doubt they would leave something like that in, too.

jsrv

Just noticed that gold is now for sale in RMAH and read that 3rd party gold sellers raised their prices due to the minimum price of the RMAH

Think this will make the gold inflation better or worse?

I just got done a Vault of the Assassin run and I could not believe the bullshit affix combos I was getting.

I got a Frozen/Fire Chains/Mortar/Arcane, pretty much a kiter's worst nightmare lol.

Then I one of those flying birds in the desert, who wasn't that bad, but it was an extra health elite with mortar/fast/arcane and the damned thing was airborne and wouldn't land.

Then I was in a cave and got a pack of 4 mini-spiders with fast/reflect/arcane/vortex. I couldn't mitigate the damage reflect let alone the rest of it lol.

I usually get an affix pack that I don't bother with once per game, but it was just kicking me in the face the whole time today. I can't believe how fast some of the mobs spam frozen/arcane.Wish I could spam like that.

Oh, and on my first foray into act 3, I got one of those winged fire shooting things in the very first pack of mobs you encounter that glitched out on me. It was invincible and would warp in and out of the ground, or go invisible or something. It kicked my ass a couple of times and then I quit.

Just noticed that gold is now for sale in RMAH and read that 3rd party gold sellers raised their prices due to the minimum price of the RMAH

Think this will make the gold inflation better or worse?

I think inevitably the player base (if it stays around) will just make something better like d2jsp and just circumvent everyone.

How much crap can we take?

Can someone at 60 help me for 2 mins in killing Hell Belial? I'm lvling a barb and can't be bothered to buy gear that'll be superfluous once I hit 60.

Edit: nvm, taken care of ;-)

Jesus, in one run I got 2 items easily worth 25+ million. Question is do I want real money or gold. I haven't been following the gold selling on the RMAH, but is 1 mil going for a lot? Are people having success?

Realyn

So ... how exactly am I supposed to do act 2 again?

Long story short, after 2 barbs died on me duo game freeze/dc (one being infront of kulle) I chose a Wizz this time. It was planned to play act2 with a friend, but he sadly fucked up and died so I had a look for myself.

I had 3 stacks when I was at the Road to Alcarnus waypoint and had a gob aswell! Yay. Killed the big thing with no problems but then had cultists with Fast/Jailer/Mortar with minions. Had the minions down to 50% but then I had to take the waypoint, simply no chance.
What am supposed to do against jailer except one tele every x seconds? Did some backtracking then hoping to find 2 more stacks and had those sword slashers with horde and fast > back to the other waypoint.

Excuse the large images ... imgur is trying to troll me again.

Help :[. Oh and for the record: I'm playing HC. And the HC AH still sucks.

Edit:eek:riginally wanted to run seeker/arcane orb, but don't think thats a good idea solo?

Are Demon Hunters the only class that can skip resistence gear? I thought Wizards did too but I noticed all the top wiz have 900+ resist. I freaking hate resist.

RDreamer

Are Demon Hunters the only class that can skip resistence gear? I thought Wizards did too but I noticed all the top wiz have 900+ resist. I freaking hate resist.

I personally think DHs are the ones that have to focus most on having resists. What I mean by that is every other class has some way of upping their resists even higher than they actually are, whereas DHs don't have anything. Monks have One With Everything, Barbs have a warcry, and Wizards and WDs have the fact that their main stat is INT to inflate their resistances. Most wizards I know have the highest unbuffed resists of any class.

Man, I'm really grappling with the fact that the Natalya's Mark I have is worth 80 bucks now on the RMAH. I don't think I want to quit and sell everything or anything like that, but it just feels weird to keep this ring especially since I'm playing less and less these days... ugh...

scosher

What am supposed to do against jailer except one tele every x seconds? Did some backtracking then hoping to find 2 more stacks and had those sword slashers with horde and fast > back to the other waypoint.

Drop Diamond Skin for Mirror Images (Duplicates). It's superior for Inferno, and gives you an extra break for Jailer, Frozen, Nightmare, etc. Also Illusionist becomes twice as effective of a passive.

edit - Just noticed your max health and resists...Illusionist probably won't even proc lol. Diamond Skin may be your best bet then at your health/defense levels.

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
Just beat the game on normal with my Monk, first clear of the game so far.

Diablo got hosed. My monk just ran up to him and pumped his face full of fists until he died. :lol Loot drop at the end was epic as hell which was nice.

I'm pretty sure I deserve a trophy for this great achievement!

Ashhong

Well I'm a wizard and mainly rely on my hydra/blizzard combo so LOH won't help much. I will attempt to get LOH on my next weapon though, but for now I just need something to stop my health from going down in 2 seconds after my ice armor runs out. I'm assuming all resis > armor right? About to buy some stuff now..

Insaniac

(Sorry for the re-post but these pants are confusing the hell out of me.)

all I know is that pants like these, even without the resist all sell like hotcakes, so.. yeah. I just sold a pair of pants that had 130 dex/114 vitality 41 arcane resist and 2 sockets for 650k very quickly. So price accordingly i suppose

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom