• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jhriad

My D2 experience is that I'd be lucky if I got a Rare by Andariel :/

My experience was that by the time I'd gotten to end game and gone through a few loot runs I'd have already completed a couple sets (not necessarily good sets) and gotten gobs of rares. D3 after 100 hours I might as well just forget the idea of completing a set without using either AH. I don't really need the best rares from D3, I'd really just like an opportunity to see/collect Legendary/Set items like I did in D2 but because they adjusted drop rates with the AH in mind it makes the feasibility of doing that myself nigh impossible.

scy

My experience was that by the time I'd gotten to end game and gone through a few loot runs I'd have already completed a couple sets (not necessarily good sets) and gotten gobs of rares. D3 after 100 hours I might as well just forget the idea of completing a set without using either AH. I don't really need the best rares from D3, I'd really just like an opportunity to see/collect Legendary/Set items like I did in D2 but because they adjusted drop rates with the AH in mind it makes the feasibility of doing that myself nigh impossible.

I didn't finish any sets in D2 until loot runs and those were at 400-500% MF. Comparing that to D3 is a bit unfair.

And they've said they didn't balance drops around the AH since they tested it without the AH implemented. I suppose it's a he said/she said/"Don't believe their lies" scenario but, honestly, the drop rate doesn't feel that bad. If anything, I'm fine with Legendaries/Sets being relatively rare in their current incarnations (i.e., worthless for many slots) and satisfied with 20-ish Rares per run.

Sarcasm

So I have the pages I am saving them. Do I need to start like salvaging my rares and keeping the mats or can I just continue vendoring them? lvl 37, nightmare currently.

J0dy77

Well I'm playing in Japan. I have an 80mb downlink and 60mb uplink speed on my connection. My experience in playing single player has been kinda laggy. My computer isn't that current, but I'm pretty much rocking the exact "recommended" specs. But it wouldn't matter even if I had an Ivy Bridge with 16 gb RAM and a 7970 card installed. I would still experience a game that performs mediocre. And that's a shame for a game I'm playing by myself.

When does the corporate apologist rhetoric end? When do you consider that a company has sacrificed too much stability for the sake of security?

I feel your pain and it does suck to be in that situation. You are one of the .01% of the people that bought the game with a justified reason for hating the DRM. The rest can just leave. But I also don't consider the .01 % of people in your situation "Sacrificing too much".

You would think by the time we had our 4th OT they would have left, yet they still play. 100's of hours in a $60 game and they still complain.

datamage

I didn't finish any sets in D2 until loot runs and those were at 400-500% MF. Comparing that to D3 is a bit unfair.

And they've said they didn't balance drops around the AH since they tested it without the AH implemented. I suppose it's a he said/she said/"Don't believe their lies" scenario but, honestly, the drop rate doesn't feel that bad. If anything, I'm fine with Legendaries/Sets being relatively rare in their current incarnations (i.e., worthless for many slots) and satisfied with 20-ish Rares per run.

Personally, I don't have an issue with the drop rate, except for maybe legendaries. My problem is the homogenized gear and WoW-like stats. None of the gear seems to be interesting.

Game is fun though.

Xanathus

good lord, it's like one of those shitty ticket vendor arcades. Spend a fortune and end up with tat.
Well hopefully by the time the expansion comes out I'll have enough to pay for it entirely with blizz bucks. That's probably the best for anyone who cashes into blizz bucks and doesn't play wow.

Ferrio

Banned
I'm going to miss this thing. Pretty much seals that I can't play inferno anymore haha.
AXsUR.jpg

Won

I kept hearing for the longest time that DH had it so easy and was like playing inferno on ez mode.

Now that ive grouped with a few DHs, honestly fuck everything about that. How do people find this glass cannon shit fun? I keep hearing "don't get hit" but i havent seen anyone die less than like 30 times /run.

Ill happily stick with my barb, lol

Joining pub games in Inferno made me wish that there are some min requirments for group play.
No, I am not gonna carry your 18k HP ass through the game. Go back exploiting waypoints and let Tyrael do the work for you!

Jhriad

And they've said they didn't balance drops around the AH since they tested it without the AH implemented.

Bashiok on Battle.net Forums said:
What I said, and what is true, is that with far more players and an increased proliferation of item trade, we have to factor in how many items are being found by players and how quickly a player can gear up by 'sourcing' items from others through trade and the convenience of the gold auction house.

It would be rather poorly thought out if we balanced drops completely ignoring all of the ways players can gear up, and trading is certainly one of them.

There's another clearer post out there but I didn't want to spend the time looking around for it. Fact is, they did adjust the drop rates with the AH in mind. It would be silly of them not to. I just don't care for how that affects my enjoyment of the game.

scy

Level 59 rares have a chance to give exquisite essences

Just Rings, Amulets, and Follower Relics.

Personally, I don't have an issue with the drop rate, except for maybe legendaries. My problem is the homogenized gear and WoW-like stats. None of the gear seems to be interesting.

Game is fun though.

Here's the thing though, discounting +Skills, what were interesting stats for Diablo 2? Damage, AR, Life Steal, IAS%, ...?

I do agree it's a little annoying that it's "Does it have primary Attribute and VIT? No? Doesn't matter!" but I think the amount of total stats to gear towards is far greater in Diablo 3.

I'm going to miss this thing. Pretty much seals that I can't play inferno anymore haha.
AXsUR.jpg

What were the stats on that beast? Just curious, I'm on Virgin Mobile prepaid ($25 /mo grandfather clause, not leaving that until I absolutely have to ) so I can't use SMS protect to cash out, and I got a pretty sick xbow drop the other night and was wondering what it would cost equivalent on the AH in terms of people actually buying the item.

There's another clearer post out there but I didn't want to spend the time looking around for it. Fact is, they did adjust the drop rates with the AH in mind. It would be silly of them not to. I just don't care for how that affects my enjoyment of the game.

Yeah ... a short time after that statement was made, the lead designer was trying to play damage control and denied it right?

scy

And then Jay Wilson is on record saying that entire post is wrong and that they didn't tune anything around the AH since it wasn't implemented at all during testing.

Neki

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

1liTA.png

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

All winners will get a free Exalted Pallium Shoulders recipe, free of charge, courtesy of Artanisix

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

Xamdou

90% of my legendaries dropped when I didn't have my MF gear on, so it's really irrelevant. I once got 3 legendaries drop in the first ten minutes of a skelly king run. :p

Setting another give away in a couple of minutes, hope you guys are ready!

o_O Skeleton King in hell or inferno mode?

My body is ready for another giveaway!

Ferrio

Banned
What were the stats on that beast? Just curious, I'm on Virgin Mobile prepaid ($25 /mo grandfather clause, not leaving that until I absolutely have to ) so I can't use SMS protect to cash out, and I got a pretty sick xbow drop the other night and was wondering what it would cost equivalent on the AH in terms of people actually buying the item.

I'm going to miss it, it was one of the best bows I've seen. But I wasn't playign the game.. but selling that pretty much garuntees I won't be playing DH in inferno anytime soon. So if I do come back it'll be as a melee class.
hMzaL.png

scy

AXsUR.jpg

On one-hand, I could strip my Wizard down and make some money and just rebuy (or refarm, Act 1 is easy anyway) her equipment.

On the other ...

...uh...

...Guess I got nothing.

Thrakier

Giveaway #2 (North American servers only!)

No tricks, no smoke, no mirrors. These are some decent weapons for fresh 60's, or Act 1 Inferno 60's that I'm donating because I have no use for them, and I'm sure gaffers would make better use of it than letting it rot in my stash. All of these items dropped from Act 3 Inferno+. :p

You can choose one item, and after time has expired, I will roll for each item. Meaning six people are getting new items! The more people who want a weapon, the less chance you'll have less of getting it.

All you need to do is PM your GAF name and battletag and the item you want and you'll be entered.

The raffle will end 5PM Mountain Time on June 15th (Friday).

I'd like to gamble that two handed sword. :D

Tacitus_

No one said it wasn't. If you like the frustration* of getting 1-shot and playing like that then more power to you. You can certainly progress through inferno like that. However, Ponies isn't the easiest level to kill things if you're not familiar with kiting well.

Bingo. Beats sleepwalking my way through Butcher runs and getting stonewalled in Act 2 on my Barb.

Chris R

Didn't see an option to "ADD" a paypal account today... Did they disable it? I see paypal as an option, but trying to sell anything with that set results in an error screen saying I haven't setup an account yet.

One of the things about the glass cannon style DH gameplay is that once you get the muscle memory, mob patterns, optimal farming routes, and some small amount of vitality and resists (31-32k hp, 300 physical and fire resists), things get a whole lot easier in the most productive part of Act 3. I don't like ponies right now, yes you can farm them but it takes way longer than the optimal Siegebreaker run due to the absurdly high HP mobs.

As a DH I die about 4-7 times a run now ( more if I get an invulnerable affix that's rough), can clear 5NV Siegebreaker in about 25m. The loot is awesome and I am only capped by AH throughput in terms of money generation.

My semi-geared monk on the other hand is about as good at productive item harvesting as Robert Mugabe was at real agriculture.

I really want to see some kind of Diablo III NeoGaf Moneyhat leaderboard. Who's game.
Sounds cool to me. I'd like to see a thread for it, actually.

I wonder if non-Diablo GAF realizes there are people in here selling stuff in-game for $100+? It would probably blow some minds, haha.

If someone spots a Monk past Act 1 Inferno please screenshot and send to the local authorities for a UFO discovery.
I finished Act II with my monk the other day. :)

With my barb and wd friends...

Neki

Guys, please PM me with the format because

a) It means it will have a 100% chance of me seeing it
b) Easier to record info
c) Won't spam the thread as much
d) People will not see how much one item is in demand ;)

If someone spots a Monk past Act 1 Inferno please screenshot and send to the local authorities for a UFO discovery.

It's much easier to do than it used to be. Act 2 quality gear goes for pretty cheap on the AH now. You will have some difficultly with certain affixes but provided you have remotely reasonable DPS (yes, DPS is a function of effective health in this game) , you will get through most of the content without too much trouble.

Tacitus_

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/manajumas-ritual-cutter

I found one of these the other day and the damage was approximately 450. I was just wondering if this was worth anything other than selling to someone as a magic find weapon? Some poeple were trying to tell me it would sell for a bit since it was a set item but I wasn't really buying into that rationale.

450 dps is awful. Might be worth something since it's a set item.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom