• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reflect damage is such bullshit because the very fact that it exists forces me to use up a skill slot as a demon hunter. I didn't have to before they nerfed smoke screen though but now gloom is basically a must.

If I didn't need it I could add something else that could improve my play style by plenty but I pretty much have no choice.

Yeah I was going with a burst damage build before I got tired of reflect mobs taking forfuckingever to kill, so now I just use devouring arrow/ball lightning like everyone else.

It's a shame, though. With my old build, mobs that didn't have reflect just melted away. But laying down a trap, but having to use smoke screen everytime you want to detonate a trap just had me running around waiting out cooldowns every 10 seconds. Oh well

Any wizards know a good spec for grouping with a Barbarian? I should be able to spec a little more offensively, but I'm not sure what's good (I'm set up for blizzard / frost hydra / cold blooded at the mo).

Realyn

So ... how exactly am I supposed to do act 2 again?

Long story short, after 2 barbs died on me duo game freeze/dc (one being infront of kulle) I chose a Wizz this time. It was planned to play act2 with a friend, but he sadly fucked up and died so I had a look for myself.

I had 3 stacks when I was at the Road to Alcarnus waypoint and had a gob aswell! Yay. Killed the big thing with no problems but then had cultists with Fast/Jailer/Mortar with minions. Had the minions down to 50% but then I had to take the waypoint, simply no chance.
What am supposed to do against jailer except one tele every x seconds? Did some backtracking then hoping to find 2 more stacks and had those sword slashers with horde and fast > back to the other waypoint.

Excuse the large images ... imgur is trying to troll me again.

fZ2up.jpg

sxLSi.jpg

Help :[. Oh and for the record: I'm playing HC. And the HC AH still sucks.

Edit:eek:riginally wanted to run seeker/arcane orb, but don't think thats a good idea solo?

Bump. Anyone? Please?

I'd guess you're looking at a lot of Act 1 farming if you want to progress. You have a lot of resist though... so I guess you're not going to get killed easy.

Have you considered trying ice hydra / cold blooded? Seems like it would give even more survivability (they should be too slow to get to you even when you get jailed). I imagine it takes you a while to kill most things as it is though.

accx

There's got to be something fundamentally wrong with a game when almost all the people on my friends list has begun resorting to botting.

Still playing, although not as much. Trying to get enough loot to sell on the rmah in order to get my money back from buying the CE.
I really wished there were more customization and more viable loot. I can't count how many times i've had ilvl 63 1h dropping with 250 dps. It's infuriating.
Also needs more sets (maybe tier's, similar to wow?) anyway, anything that feels almost imbalanced. crit hit gems, all resistances gems need to be implemented. +skill damage affixes also needs to be boosted.

I was actually going wd as my main in the beginning, but since my all spirit build isn't viable at all (drains mana too much) i've actually been playing monk which was my least favorite character.
Still hoping wd will rock the casbah once pvp is implemented. They have so many cc skills!

Realyn

I'd guess you're looking at a lot of Act 1 farming if you want to progress. You have a lot of resist though... so I guess you're not going to get killed easy.

Have you considered trying ice hydra / cold blooded? Seems like it would give even more survivability (they should be too slow to get to you even when you get jailed). I imagine it takes you a while to kill most things as it is though.

><
been farming it with my 350 mf(no swap) DH for ages. I'll post my Wizz items, would been cool if you could have a look at what to upgrade. Got enough items to sell for moneyz.

The pants are shit obv. I've been checking the AH for three days, willing to spend +5 mill but never found anything good. Same goes for offhand, while the shield is pretty good, I would be fine using a source ... if I could find one. Gloves give me about 4,5k dmg, so some with 30 ar/50 vit/50 int/crit won't be a big upgrade.

Xanathus

Anyone online able to host a game at Inferno Diablo for me? Just wanna get him killed but I'm too lazy to get through Act 4. US server, xanathus#6279.

so i leveled my wizzard from 32-52 yesterday now i dont know what build to use in hell. I have 475dps reduced level weapon so act I is still pretty easy.

I think monk and barb can reflect most/all damage but does their reflected damage get reflected back to them only to get reflected again? Forever!?

Nope, sitting in molten with retribution will melt the bad guys it doesnt get reflected back to you, but why would you be using retribution in inferno unless there are three monks in a game.

eek5

Nope, sitting in molten with retribution will melt the bad guys it doesnt get reflected back to you, but why would you be using retribution in inferno unless there are three monks in a game.

I'm not saying retribution is good. I was asking if damage would get reflected back and forth, forever.

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
Does anyone use str gems?

And screw you complainers...I put 200 hours into this game. 1 legendary...a fucking pony sword....fucking....pony....sword...

Anustart

The cost of gold on the rmah is actually worse profit than if you bought flawless star gems and sold them for gold on the gah. Why did it shoot up to .32 per 100k? This really puts a damper on my money making machine lol.

eek5

It goes down steadily as it isn't replenished. Think of it as you're 'calming down' and getting less angry and hulky.

You degenerate 2 fury per second after being out of "combat" for 10 seconds. Breaking barrels and stuff counts as "combat" for barbs though so it's easy to keep it from degening as long as you keep moving. Taking damage also prevents degeneration.

koji

Oh man, that whirlwind build is so much fun, loving my new barb.

Feels a bit broken though, fear it`s going to be nerfed, it`s too much fun!

Still getting the hang of it though, takes some getting used to. Oh, and waller is a partypooper sometimes :lol

LordCanti

I'm offering $35 worth of Diablo 3 gold for a Skyrim steam trade, (you're getting +$5) if anyone wishes to trade let me know.

How many millions? 30?

If I knew that gold actually sells in the RMAH, I'd do it. I haven't heard anyone here actually successfully sell gold though. Why not just sell the gold in the RMAH yourself? Does Steam not take Paypal?

Oh man, that whirlwind build is so much fun, loving my new barb.

Feels a bit broken though, fear it`s going to be nerfed, it`s too much fun!

Still getting the hang of it though, takes some getting used to :)

I can't get used to it. I'm fine in A1 since I've got a huge vita pool and things don't hit that hard, but I'm getting rocked in A3. I can't seem to keep from depleting fury too fast, so I end up in the middle of a mob with no attacks happening. The result isn't pretty. I've got 50% crit chance, and the skill that is crit has a chance to cause fury gain, but it doesn't work consistently enough. I'm not sure if I need more than 50% crit chance or what.

It's a daily deal so would expire vefore the paypal clears.

Too bad. I would have taken you up on this with the skyrim steamgift i got for my birthday but i accidentally installedit

Aah, makes sense I guess.

I'll ask again: Has anyone actually sold any gold on the RMAH? Does it happen like clockwork, if so?

I'm willing to help him out, but I don't want to be stuck with millions of gold I can't sell (that I then have to use the GAH to flip to the RMAH, which is...you know...work lol).

Edit: I went to the official Diablo forums, and one of the first topics was "Gold isn't selling"

Soooo....yeah.....

It would have to be so much gold that I'm certain I could make the $30 back by flipping stuff, if it's not selling. I'd feel bad taking that much gold in exchange for a $30 game if I happened to turn it into way more than $30 by luck.

kennah

How many millions? 30?

If I knew that gold actually sells in the RMAH, I'd do it. I haven't heard anyone here actually successfully sell gold though. Why not just sell the gold in the RMAH yourself? Does Steam not take Paypal?

It's a daily deal so would expire vefore the paypal clears.

Too bad. I would have taken you up on this with the skyrim steamgift i got for my birthday but i accidentally installedit

syllogism

How many millions? 30?
I put 50m gold on EU rmah, kind of hoping it wouldn't sell so I wouldn't be tempted, but it sold eventually. I imagine it is easier on US, even if the AH is flooded.

zulux21

I'll ask again: Has anyone actually sold any gold on the RMAH? Does it happen like clockwork, if so?

I'm willing to help him out, but I don't want to be stuck with millions of gold I can't sell (that I then have to use the GAH to flip to the RMAH, which is...you know...work lol).

i put up 400k for 6 hours at the min price and it didn't move... I also haven't heard of anyone in my group successfully selling any gold. NA for me here

LordCanti

I put 50m gold on EU rmah, kind of hoping it wouldn't sell so I wouldn't be tempted, but it sold eventually. I imagine it is easier on US, even if the AH is flooded.

Apparently the NA RMAH is so flooded that gold isn't really going through.

i put up 400k for 6 hours at the min price and it didn't move... I also haven't heard of anyone in my group successfully selling any gold. NA for me here

Your experience seems to be mirrored by people on the forums. Some sells surely, but it's a lottery. Your gold either gets picked by Blizzard, or it doesn't.

But people have to relist their gold every 36 hours so presumably if a bunch of people attempt to buy gold when yours is about to expire, it would get sold. I assume that's how it works anyway.

The way I've heard it explained, you go onto a list when you list the gold (at the bottom, obviously). People at the top of the list keep expiring, until someone comes along and buys gold, and the person at the top (probably seconds from expiring) gets the sale. It's all dumb luck.

syllogism

Apparently the NA RMAH is so flooded that gold isn't really going through.

Your experience seems to be mirrored by people on the forums. Some sells surely, but it's a lottery. Your gold either gets picked by Blizzard, or it doesn't.
But people have to relist their gold every 36 hours so presumably if a bunch of people attempt to buy gold when yours is about to expire, it would get sold. I assume that's how it works anyway.

><
The pants are shit obv. I've been checking the AH for three days, willing to spend +5 mill but never found anything good. Same goes for offhand, while the shield is pretty good, I would be fine using a source ... if I could find one. Gloves give me about 4,5k dmg, so some with 30 ar/50 vit/50 int/crit won't be a big upgrade.
Personally I'd have some movement speed on those boots (if it aint 12%, I don't wear it), and I'd like a sprinkling of crowd control reduction here and there too (specifically for jailers). I think it might be worth losing just a little resist to have some of those. There's nothing massively wrong there, but it seems like your biggest problem is the fact that the hardcore auction house is crap. That aside, maybe investigate some spec alterations in hell to see how you get on? You're obviously geared heavily towards resists, which makes a lot of sense for HC I guess.

Talking of auction houses, the more I use it... the angrier I get; there's just so much missing. Where's my "sort by bid", where's my "sort by time left" where's "search on DPS or weapon damage", why can't I save my favourite searches, why only 3 stats, etc etc etc. Someone from Blizzard should go and spend a bit of time on ebay. If the thing was more user friendly they'd get more sales (and more commission) too.

zulux21

personally with the current market it seems silly to sell my gold at $2.50... I have a pretty successful system going right now that is averaging me about $5 per mil gold I spend right now, and they are actually selling at a decent clip (about 24 hours, but very few don't sell at all lol)

I've commented on what I have been doing and how I feel a bit guilty with some of them in here before lol.

LordCanti

personally with the current market it seems silly to sell my gold at $2.50... I have a pretty successful system going right now that is averaging me about $5 per mil gold I spend right now, and they are actually selling at a decent clip (about 24 hours, but very few don't sell at all lol)

I've commented on what I have been doing and how I feel a bit guilty with some of them in here before lol.

It's absolutely not worth it to sell gold straight (compared to flipping).

It really just depends on how much gold he was talking about. If he was valuing gold at $2.50, it's not worth the hassle. If he was valuing it closer to the $1-$1.50 the gold sellers are getting, then it may be worth it, even though it will make me an AH watching nutjob for the foreseeable future as I try to flip the gold.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what is your system? I didn't see that post.

LordCanti

I can't believe I sold this just before the Tornado Barb spec came out. I got $15 for it then...who knows what it's worth now.

kXavA.jpg

I should toss old screenshots of stuff I've sold so that I can't go back later and get angry at myself :p

zulux21

It's absolutely not worth it to sell gold straight (compared to flipping).

It really just depends on how much gold he was talking about. If he was valuing gold at $2.50, it's not worth the hassle. If he was valuing it closer to the $1-$1.50 the gold sellers are getting, then it may be worth it, even though it will make me an AH watching nutjob for the foreseeable future as I try to flip the gold.

Edit: Out of curiosity, what is your system? I didn't see that post.

Plans... they keep selling for $1 even though they cost 100k gold or less lol.
I've also been selling 6 prop doomcasters as 1.3mil gold for $6 isn't a bad turn around either... but those obviously sell much slower lol
obviously there is a limited market to all of this though, so it's gonna stop at some point lol

LordCanti

Plans... they keep selling for $1 even though they cost 100k gold or less lol.
I've also been selling 6 prop doomcasters as 1.3mil gold for $6 isn't a bad turn around either... but those obviously sell much slower lol
obviously there is a limited market to all of this though, so it's gonna stop at some point lol

Aren't the 6 prop doomcasters like 20 mil gold to buy?

I guess I did see your post. I can remember commenting on how you got damn lucky lol. I've put up some junk plans and none sell.

zulux21

Aren't the 6 prop doomcasters like 20 mil gold to buy?

I guess I did see your post. I can remember commenting on how you got damn lucky lol. I've put up some junk plans and none sell.

62b758eecb884e1db86f491.png

no just around 1.3mil lol

but yeah I have cleared a number of plans now lol
t278T.png

I just wish i had more money to play around with lol

LordCanti

I just wish i had more money to play around with lol

Wow...the price on those TANKED. They used to be worth a ton.

i think that is part of the reason they are selling on the RMAH for 5-6$ because people still think they are worth a ton and are to lazy to check the gold value lol

I guess people wised up to the fact that only one in maybe a hundred Xbows was worth anything, and that they'd be better off either buying UNID'd Hellions, or saving their gold for something someone else already ID'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom