• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed out on two items thanks to that max bid thing. :(

Still, I got myself a very good 2h wep... decided to see if I can live with a full on DOT build for my wizard.

Ashhong

Wasted a mil on an item that I somehow miscalculated on my DPS calculator sheet. Thought I would only lose 400dps in exchange for LoH but instead I lost 6000k. Fucking Blizzard, ADD THE GODDAMN TOOLTIP TO THE AH

Gaspode_T

L54 in Hell - finishing up Act I and was getting laid out in like 2 secs flat by just tree poison gas so I broke down and upgraded more gear...which leaves me with not much gold...but I have a bunch of gems which eventually I can hopefully make money off of. With my new gear it seems to go better but the invulnerable minion sentry mortar vortex etc combos make my WD (and dogs) go down like a wet tissue.

Don't know much about quivers, so is this something that someone would buy for a high price?
quiv.jpg

linsivvi

Is it my imagination, or can you not search on IAS on quivers?

Yes, the geniuses at Blizzard think that since quivers always have IAS, it's pointless to have a way to distinguish between 11% and 15% IAS. Same kind of thinking goes into not being able to search damage on source, etc.

Radec

How much can I sell this String of Ears that has 100 str, 15 res, and 18% melee red. ?

Only seeing atleast 5m, but is that overpriced?

Yes, the geniuses at Blizzard think that since quivers always have IAS, it's pointless to have a way to distinguish between 11% and 15% IAS. Same kind of thinking goes into not being able to search damage on source, etc.
Gotta love the brains behind the auction house. They should be proud.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
That shit is all intentional, they want it to be difficult/annoying so we look at the AH longer.

Estein

Banned
Wasted a mil on an item that I somehow miscalculated on my DPS calculator sheet. Thought I would only lose 400dps in exchange for LoH but instead I lost 6000k. Fucking Blizzard, ADD THE GODDAMN TOOLTIP TO THE AH

Are you a DH? If so, re-equip your quiver after equipping your new weapon.

Xanathus

Why are people buying worthless plans on the RMAH? I just sold an Exalted Grand Massacre Axe plan for about 6 bucks, when the plan is only average 1.6 mil gold on the GAH.

LordCanti

Why are people buying worthless plans on the RMAH? I just sold an Exalted Grand Massacre Axe plan for about 6 bucks, when the plan is only average 1.6 mil gold on the GAH.

After someone mentioned that to me yesterday, I thought about buying some up and seeing where it went. Then I remembered that plans are commodities (even though you only really get one at a time to sell...which makes no sense) and that I'd have to eat 30%.

It would make sense to sell in the RMAH if I had one drop, but not so much for flipping. My understanding is that people still buy them because they used to be worth a lot more, and also because they've heard about people making thousands of dollars by crafting for gold on streams.

He goes way overboard with resistances/armor/vit, this build has things frozen most of the time and he even has LoH so he could instead be doing much higher dps. Not even using glass cannon, how dumb

Why do more DPS when you could just sit there and DPS for long periods of time without having to worry about dying?

syllogism

Why do more DPS when you could just sit there and DPS for long periods of time without having to worry about dying?
Have you tried the build? Dskin alone makes you pretty much invulnerable at decent resistances/armor and when you combine that with freeze, things don't even hit you, especially in the secret level due to monster ai

Danj

I managed to get my wizard up to 16k dps by getting shitloads of +int equipment from the AH, still doesn't seem like it'll be enough to go to inferno with though. My weapon is a 1h ~610dps axe with like +320 int and +633 LoH, can't seem to find anything better than that that doesn't cost gajillions.

Zzoram

I managed to get my wizard up to 16k dps by getting shitloads of +int equipment from the AH, still doesn't seem like it'll be enough to go to inferno with though. My weapon is a 1h ~610dps axe with like +320 int and +633 LoH, can't seem to find anything better than that that doesn't cost gajillions.

Does every character need LOH? It's not too expensive to get 800dps 1h without LOH.

trs1080

Neo Member
Bleargh, I get a nice weapon drop and it's for a WD, so probably sell for peanuts :(

883 dps, 208 Int, 108 Vit, 122 Str, 14 mana regen.

It's the highest DPS on AH with 200+ Int, 100+ vit and 13+ mana regen, but I don't know that enough people play for it to sell for much. Put it up with a sub 1m bid, no buyout. We'll see.

eek5

Bleargh, I get a nice weapon drop and it's for a WD, so probably sell for peanuts :(

883 dps, 208 Int, 108 Vit, 122 Str, 14 mana regen.

It's the highest DPS on AH with 200+ Int, 100+ vit and 13+ mana regen, but I don't know that enough people play for it to sell for much. Put it up with a sub 1m bid, no buyout. We'll see.
I was looking at ceremonial knives the other day and there were some nice ones in 20+ mil range getting bid on. No clue where those WDs are getting their gold but good WD gear does sell!

I was looking at ceremonial knives the other day and there were some nice ones in 20+ mil range getting bid on. No clue where those WDs are getting their gold but good WD gear does sell!

As a WD I personally don't get why Mana Regeneration is so expensive. I'm not complaining, it devalues the stuff without it and makes me have great stats cheap.

trs1080

Neo Member

That's a bit encouraging. I wish it were a ww barb 1 hander though, last one I got that was good sold for 61m heh.

Can someone whos further into Inferno post their WD build and strategy? I'm struggling in Hell A1 Lvl53!, AH'd to have decent rares so my stats should be fine. With DH and Monk I blew through Hell pretty easily. WD is by far the most interesting class but underpowered IMO. I get Zombie Bears soon though and thats a staple isnt it?

My strategy pretty much the whole game has been Gargantuan up front Grasp of Dead them and then just Splinter them if they don't die kite back a bit Grasp of Dead again and Splinter more...Some of the fast elites are just crushing me now but its like 50/50 at this point. Of course theres more stuff like I'm liking Voodoo Rush thing currently. Thats the jist though.

eek5

As a WD I personally don't get why Mana Regeneration is so expensive. I'm not complaining, it devalues the stuff without it and makes me have great stats cheap.

WD resource is kind of broken because everything is a spender and you regen it painfully slow. Having mana regen kind of fixes this but it means you have to get it from a mojo/helm/ceremonial knife and the way class-specific items drop/roll it means the amount of good items that also have MR are pretty rare. You can certainly have builds that don't rely on any MR but I think it really limits your options until they make adjustments to the resource.

I think the fact that MR is so sought after that it devalues all other class-specific items for WD is a good sign that t hey'll probably tweak it. You definitely shouldn't be required to stack MR on 3 pieces of equipment to be viable rofl

Ashhong

Are you a DH? If so, re-equip your quiver after equipping your new weapon.

I'm a Wiz, will try re-equipping my source..maybe that will do something?

You lost 6 million damage!? Whoa!

lol

lol, you caught me...6000 DPS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-btToPtYus

Wow, if only I have the gold, I will try this build on my Wiz. :O

This looks like fun..might have to go away from the blizzard/hydra build

Can someone whos further into Inferno post their WD build and strategy? I'm struggling in Hell A1 Lvl53!, AH'd to have decent rares so my stats should be fine. With DH and Monk I blew through Hell pretty easily. WD is by far the most interesting class but underpowered IMO. I get Zombie Bears soon though and thats a staple isnt it?

My strategy pretty much the whole game has been Gargantuan up front Grasp of Dead them and then just Splinter them if they don't die kite back a bit Grasp of Dead again and Splinter more...Some of the fast elites are just crushing me now but its like 50/50 at this point. Of course theres more stuff like I'm liking Voodoo Rush thing currently. Thats the jist though.
darts with splinters as main attack
locust swarm with searing locusts as secondary for dots and "aoe" (it jumps from guy to guy if you've never used it)
Haunt
hex
spirit walk
fetish army

I never used spirit walk much till late hell and inferno. Gotta have it. hex keeps those individual dudes who get to me when I'm kiting turned into sheeps.

passives: jungle fortitude, pierce the veil, and spirit vessel.

That shit is all intentional, they want it to be difficult/annoying so we look at the AH longer.
If so then they're doubly retarded. They make nothing on us looking at the AH... they make when they take their cut, and its better for them if that happens as fast and as often as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom