• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bah, friend of mine just hit inferno... set item drop worth a few million. lol :(

Oh, and whilst complaining about the AH: Why can't I search for "similar items"?

rbanke

I get a legendary helm and an amulet from a set within moments of eachother in act 3, and guess what!!!? They both suck!

I don't even get crappy legendary's. 183 hours on my wizard, a huge amount of that spent farming act1 then act2 (both post 1.0.3), ive seen 1 legendary ever and it was a low lvl item. I've also only found 3 items in that time that sold for over a million.

...That helm isn't junk at all, and depending on the stats, the Tal may not be either O_O
I'd take screen caps and show you but believe me it's not worth it lol. They're both shitty rolls. Andarials has like 170 intelligence and crit chance 3.0 with 72 dex. Tal Rusha amulet has 146 intelligence, 130 vit, something like that. With 6% lightning bonus.

Both going for cheap as hell in the AH.

eek5

Just hold on to Andy's Visage. One day WDs will get buffed and maybe they won't need mana regen in 3 slots and can actually try to go for DPS. On that day you'll be potentially rich!

LordCanti

I'd take screen caps and show you but believe me it's not worth it lol. They're both shitty rolls. Andarials has like 170 intelligence and crit chance 3.0 with 72 dex. Tal Rusha amulet has 146 intelligence, 130 vit, something like that. With 6% lightning bonus.

Both going for cheap as hell in the AH.

I sold a pretty shitty Tal for $10 a few weeks ago. Maybe things have changed.

72 dex and that crit chance isn't horrible though. Did it roll 5 or 6% IAS?

I sold a pretty shitty Tal for $10 a few weeks ago. Maybe things have changed.

72 dex and that crit chance isn't horrible though. Did it roll 5 or 6% IAS?
yeah it did but that's barely a boost. The dex is what kills it because high intelligence helms of the same king go for nothing. If it had 170 dex instead then I could pull something.

As for the tal rasha set piece, that one just is a huge mehhh.

Sheik

Is anyone else having a problem with the RMAH where in your list of completed trades all items processing have blank amounts? For example, I recently sold a weapon and it says processing but I have no idea how much it actually sold for. It's been happening to me the last few days. When the transaction finishes processing, then the amount shows up. Really annoying...

Rufus

Is anyone else having a problem with the RMAH where in your list of completed trades all items processing have blank amounts? For example, I recently sold a weapon and it says processing but I have no idea how much it actually sold for. It's been happening to me the last few days. When the transaction finishes processing, then the amount shows up. Really annoying...
Yeah, there's a screenshot of that on this very page. The person who posted it has also mentioned it a while ago.

jono51

Banned
I swear sometimes this game is trolling me. Playing my HC barb in Normal. All is going great, get to Diablo in a pub game. First stage goes just fine. Shadow realm stage is going fine, and then right at the end when he has like 5-10%health he casts his claw/pickup spell. Thing is, he picks me up right as the rest of the team drops him. When I'm spawned into the final part I can't move and losing health. Can't use pots, all skills greyed out and I'm taking a steady stream of damage that was obviously intended for the shadow pickup skill. My health goes down to zero and I continue taking damage. Somehow I don't die (despite the fact I should be at negative hp by this point) and I'm just left in limbo wondering if when the group drop Diablo I'll just drop dead too. Luckily it was fine, but seriously it could have gone wrong at the final stage of the final boss for a stupid bug. My hc barb is living up to its name of RageInducer :p.

Anyone else all about selling Unidentified items now? I love debating if I should identify for myself or just sell it on trade before identifying. Can make crazy loot selling this way as well.

Once I get some gold saved I want to buy items this way as well. I know it's risky but it's like a grab bag knowing you may make out on the unknown.

zulux21

just check your email. you should get an email any time your item sells saying you sold it. in that email your amount sold for will be in it.

that or just wait until it's processed lol.

Zertez

Anyone else all about selling Unidentified items now? I love debating if I should identify for myself or just sell it on trade before identifying. Can make crazy loot selling this way as well.

Once I get some gold saved I want to buy items this way as well. I know it's risky but it's like a grab bag knowing you may make out on the unknown.
It reminds me a lot of the gambling they had with the merchant in D2. They removed gambling from D3, so the player base filled the hole. Ive sold a few pieces to make some quick cash, but most the time Im afraid I will sell a great item, so I wont sell ilvl 63 weapons or high lvl rings/amulets.

eek5

Unless you're seriously strapped for cash, I don't think it's worth it to sell at all.

Unless you're seriously strapped for cash, I don't think it's worth it to sell at all.

True. I was more strapped for cash than now. I sold a 1 handed axe (i63) for 450k almost immediately. Doubt I would have used it either. I find these user created aspects of games fascinating though.

LordCanti

Let's say you sell 10 unid'd level 63 items for 700k each. That's 7m. What are the chances of one of them being worth 7m or more?

It was more worth it when people were paying 1.5m before the nerf and ilvl drop buff (in A1/A2), but it's still not horrible.

Obviously you're risking not ID'ing the thing that is going to sell for $250 though. It's a mental block for sure.

Let's say you sell 10 unid'd level 63 items for 700k each. That's 7m. What are the chances of one of them being worth 7m or more?

It was more worth it when people were paying 1.5m before the nerf and ilvl drop buff (in A1/A2), but it's still not horrible.

Obviously you're risking not ID'ing the thing that is going to sell for $250 though. It's a mental block for sure.

It's a trade off but I like the quick sell aspect without dealing with the AH. I guess missing out on that item for the RMAH is a risk but I don't want to think about that!!

Sheik

Yeah, there's a screenshot of that on this very page. The person who posted it has also mentioned it a while ago.

Oh, crap. In my defense it's not on this page lol! I admit didn't look past the first page for some unknown reason. Doh.

just check your email. you should get an email any time your item sells saying you sold it. in that email your amount sold for will be in it.

that or just wait until it's processed lol.

I find the e-mail notifications really random. Sometimes I get them right away, sometimes I don't get them for days, and sometimes I don't get them at all. I am constantly flipping things on the RMAH so this bug is REALLY annoying me. I also feel like processing times have slowed down considerably. I rarely ever get my money in under 48 hours anymore.

zulux21

Oh, crap. In my defense it's not on this page lol! I admit didn't look past the first page for some unknown reason. Doh.

I find the e-mail notifications really random. Sometimes I get them right away, sometimes I don't get them for days, and sometimes I don't get them at all. I am constantly flipping things on the RMAH so this bug is REALLY annoying me. I also feel like processing times have slowed down considerably. I rarely ever get my money in under 48 hours anymore.

odd the last 3 times i happened to be watching the AH when I sold a real money item I went over to my email and had an email already o.o

Sheik

Switch to 100 posts per page and never look back. Makes the threads that devolve into chat rooms much easier to skim.

Thanks for the tip! Didn't even know you could do that. Yeah, I frequent the Vita thread and it's nearly impossible to keep up with. Love it though ;P.

odd the last 3 times i happened to be watching the AH when I sold a real money item I went over to my email and had an email already o.o

Maybe Blizzard hates me :(. I'd say my first 15-20 transactions, purchases and sales combined, sent out e-mails within 5 minutes. They are infrequent and totally random now.

scosher

You can't put UNID'd items on the RMAH.

I meant GAH, but just double checked and it prevents me from selling un-ID'd items there as well. I suppose you guys are using some trade forum/channel to sell un-ID'd lvl 63 items?

As an aside, sold this for $10, when I originally bought it for 300k. That conversion rate...

PvTRf.jpg

Raxus

I did this run earlier today and it was great. The vault is full of champ packs. Actually got my fourth legendary on that run today.

I can't do vault in my current gear/spec. The elites are still really annoying in act 2. Heck they are more annoying than act 3 elites.

eek5

I don't think people even pay 700k for anything outside of maybe, MAYBE a hellion crossbow right now. Almost everything unID is 500k or less and most sell for 150-400k (armor-weapons).

The stats kinda makes it a barb weapon anyway though

Current metagame for barb is to have high DPS main hand which works out in his favor. Unfortunately barb has a passive called Weapon Master that increase crit% by 10% if using an axe or mace and that's not an axe or mace so it doesn't work out in his favor there. I think that'd sell for a lot weeks ago before everyone started going critdmg crazy but it's still high dps w/ high main base stat so I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid a lot for it.

Trickster

Current metagame for barb is to have high DPS main hand which works out in his favor. Unfortunately barb has a passive called Weapon Master that increase crit% by 10% if using an axe or mace and that's not an axe or mace so it doesn't work out in his favor there. I think that'd sell for a lot weeks ago before everyone started going critdmg crazy but it's still high dps w/ high main base stat so I wouldn't be surprised if someone paid a lot for it.

Not everone is a whirlwind barb though, 2 of my friends really don't like that spec, and are still using frenzy specs.

ElyrionX

So after more than 200 hours, I think I'm finally tired of this game. Upgrades are too incremental nowadays with my Wiz sitting at 52k damage (including Glass Cannon buff) and farming is getting really boring. Have killed all Inferno bosses as well.

I still hve $175 in Blizzbucks though. Will probably put that towards the expansion pack when it's out.

ch0mp

Mighty weapons actually work really well for the tornado spec too, weapon master + mighty weapon = 3 fury per hit; it's a much more reliable fury generator. High dps and a good strength roll with a socket... I'd definitely use that.

More moaning about the AH... put all my money into bids, sold something, wanted to increase one of my bids by the amount I had. Can I? Can I fuck. That's an excellent design decision Blizzard. Don't let me just add to my bid, no, force me to put an entirely new bid on (which I don't have the gold for) and then give me my old bid back.

I'd love to speak to the person who came up with that one.

Kyuur

More moaning about the AH... put all my money into bids, sold something, wanted to increase one of my bids by the amount I had. Can I? Can I fuck. That's an excellent design decision Blizzard. Don't let me just add to my bid, no, force me to put an entirely new bid on (which I don't have the gold for) and then give me my old bid back.

I'd love to speak to the person who came up with that one.

What? They give the old bid back when you are outbid. I literally just did this, got my money back, and then rebid using that money and a little extra.

eek5

What? They give the old bid back when you are outbid. I literally just did this, got my money back, and then rebid using that money and a little extra.

He is talking about increasing your minimum bid which requires you to actually increase the bid even if you're the current highest bidder.

I never said anything about being outbid. I just wanted to increase my maximum bid...

So lets say I had put a max bid on of 1m gold, and I wanted to increase that to 2m, I have to have 2m gold available, even though I'm only adding 1m to the total. It's retarded.

You get your original bid back afterwards, but that doesn't really help in the mean time.

Kyuur

I never said anything about being outbid. I just wanted to increase my maximum bid...

So lets say I had put a max bid on of 1m gold, and I wanted to increase that to 2m, I have to have 2m gold available, even though I'm only adding 1m to the total. It's retarded.

You get your original bid back afterwards, but that doesn't really help in the mean time.

Oh, my bad. That doesn't really make sense, yeah. : /

Staab

OOooh my first legendary on Inferno, how good could it be ?

jpmEO.jpg

Let's find out :

tN2Eh.jpg

and finally, how much would this be worth approx ?

FfD9F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom