• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a WD I personally don't get why Mana Regeneration is so expensive. I'm not complaining, it devalues the stuff without it and makes me have great stats cheap.
I'm using zombie bears as my primary attack right now and need mana Regeneration on my knife, helm, and mojo as well as the 300% regeneration rate passive in order to be able to spam it. When I swap my helm for one with MF but no regeneration it doesn't regen fast enough.

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
I've got an entire tab filled with ilvl 63 items, with the exception of wiz/wd off-hands and amulets/rings that are all 60-62. I'm kind of scared to identify them because I have a feeling it will all be crap. :(

DTKT

I've got an entire tab filled with ilvl 63 items, with the exception of wiz/wd off-hands and amulets/rings that are all 60-62. I'm kind of scared to identify them because I have a feeling it will all be crap. :(

Record it with audio.

I want to hear you suffer.

Rufus

Do it. You don't want getting rares to become as satisfying as actually seeing a good item. I think that's what's happening to me. I've seen so few good items that I'm happy just seeing a 63 drop.
I've also noticed some weird thoughts popping into my increasingly diseased mind: white mob dropped a 62 ring? Kill more white mobs of that type. Legendary dropped? Extend current run/do another run. I realize there could be something to the latter, what with changing seed values, but it's still a dumb thing to do.

It's no wonder gambling is so popular and ruins a small portion of people. Our brains are wired to spring for this kind of shit.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I miss being able to run Siegebreaker or something, and almost always find 1 or 2 things I can sell. Now I either don't find shit that people will buy, or after 3 or 4 runs I find 1 thing worth a few mil.

I miss being able to run Siegebreaker or something, and almost always find 1 or 2 things I can sell. Now I either don't find shit that people will buy, or after 3 or 4 runs I find 1 thing worth a few mil.

I had an epiphany today -

Why the hell am I playing a loot game where I've essentially got no loot in the massive hours I've played it?

Screw this game. Buying torchlight.

Tom Penny

This good for a wizard or witch doctor? High Int and crit chance?

5QA0p.jpg

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I had an epiphany today -

Why the hell am I playing a loot game where I've essentially got no loot in the massive hours I've played it?

Screw this game. Buying torchlight.

When I can buy a good weapon with lifesteal I'll have the gear to be able to just faceroll act 3 with archon. Don't know if I'll last that long though.

I think one of the things that made the D2 item hunt more fun was that, yeah, running the same boss over and over again was repetitive, but it was instant gratification. The item hunt in D3 just feels like work.

Cipherr

Finally got around to trying the dual wield Whirlwind + Tornado build on my Barb. Man, Barbs really are the new ranged pre IAS and Inferno nerf. Ridiculous how easy it is. I only tested on Act 2 so I could learn it. My gear is all sword and board, but I popped a spare weapon I had in my offhand and got to 40k dps self buffed with about 35% crit or something like that, chose the standard build and cleared the entire Act faster than I ever have.

Just running around at Sprint speed stopping only when I see an elite pack. Spin around and cut them down, loot and keep going. No need to stop for anything or even bother with any of the white trash. This is so broken that its not even funny.

Shouta

Just sold my body piece for 6 mil gold, probably could've gotten a tad more for 200 DEX, 80 VIT, and 100 combined resist but eh. I'll probably cash out on my char and if I feel like it start from scratch again.

Just sold my body piece for 6 mil gold, probably could've gotten a tad more for 200 DEX, 80 VIT, and 100 combined resist but eh. I'll probably cash out on my char and if I feel like it start from scratch again.
I've already done this like 3 times. I started DH, went Barb, then WD, then back to DH. I spent all my cash completely each time. had ZILCH.

Ashhong

FexLF.jpg

Anybody interested in either of these? 500k for the MF one, and like 3mil for the other? Is that other one worth 3 mil? Did a search and the lowest one with my stats is 3.5mil.

Sophia

lol. Essences and Tomes are still selling for the lowest possible price on the RMTAH. That's pretty telling how crappy a state crafting is in.

eek5

What's RMTAH?

Assuming you're talking about real money, the RMAH has a floor of 25 cents for commodities which is about ~138k gold. I don't think that says anything about the "crappy state" of crafting.

Sigmaah

Hey guys I crafted some level 62 gloves and I was wondering if I could get a PC on them.

Brawlers Envy
514 armor
+79 vitality
+30 fire resistance
+66 All resistance
+234 Armor
+17% magic find

Channeling Tendrils
280 Armor
+78 Strength
+78 Intelligence
+69 Vitality
+38 Lightning Resistance
+68 All Resistance
+16% Gold Find

Cured Carriers
446 Armor
+87 Strength
+166 Dexterity
+47 Poison Resistance
+6% Attack Speed
+166 Armor

Predator's Wraps
280 Armor
+138 Strength
+59 Dexterity
+47 Lightning Resistance
Regenerate 163 Life per Second
Crit Chance increased by 8%

Really appreciate it guys. Hopefully at least 1 is good haha.

trs1080

Neo Member
Am I the only one with the AH issue where it doesn't show the current bid on an item?

I keep having to look up my own items in the search to see if someone bid on it.

eek5

Hey guys I crafted some level 62 gloves and I was wondering if I could get a PC on them.

Brawlers Envy
514 armor
+79 vitality
+30 fire resistance
+66 All resistance
+234 Armor
+17% magic find

Channeling Tendrils
280 Armor
+78 Strength
+78 Intelligence
+69 Vitality
+38 Lightning Resistance
+68 All Resistance
+16% Gold Find

Cured Carriers
446 Armor
+87 Strength
+166 Dexterity
+47 Poison Resistance
+6% Attack Speed
+166 Armor

Predator's Wraps
280 Armor
+138 Strength
+59 Dexterity
+47 Lightning Resistance
Regenerate 163 Life per Second
Crit Chance increased by 8%

Really appreciate it guys. Hopefully at least 1 is good haha.

These are all gloves or what?

Am I the only one with the AH issue where it doesn't show the current bid on an item?

I keep having to look up my own items in the search to see if someone bid on it.

I want to say it's been like this since 1.0.3 but it might have been before or the patch right after.

eek5

Yep, all gloves.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of those are worth more than 50k. Glove market is absolutely saturated right now. Nothing w/o crit%/ASI or crit%/critdmg really sells. In rare occasions max ASI or CRIT% w/ very high base + high vit OR res will sell.

Even when you get a good roll then check auctions and stuff is in the 2-3 mil range you have to understand that almost none of that stuff sells. People are just fishing for people who don't know better to buy it out. You have to undercut to at least 75% of the lowest to even move your gloves which means you'd be listing your gloves for 10-30k. Not even worth an AH slot.

Sigmaah

I'm going to go out on a limb and say none of those are worth more than 50k. Glove market is absolutely saturated right now. Nothing w/o crit%/ASI or crit%/critdmg really sells. In rare occasions max ASI or CRIT% w/ very high base + high vit OR res will sell.

Even when you get a good roll then check auctions and stuff is in the 2-3 mil range you have to understand that almost none of that stuff sells. People are just fishing for people who don't know better to buy it out. You have to undercut to at least 75% of the lowest to even move your gloves which means you'd be listing your gloves for 10-30k. Not even worth an AH slot.

Alright, thanks a bunch man, appreciate it.

eek5

Alright, thanks a bunch man, appreciate it.

Glove crafting is really fucked up right now unless you get really lucky. I've been doing 8-20mil crafting sessions recently and I've basically had 10/10 AH slots filled up for a full week and lost ~10-15 mil in the process (crafted about 200-300 pairs). The problem is I'm getting "jackpot" items but they only sell for ~10-15m now and that barely covers the cost of ~90 crafts. All the mid-tier stuff that used to sell for 300-500k or 1-2m is absolutely garbage now.

Sigmaah

Glove crafting is really fucked up right now unless you get really lucky. I've been doing 8-20mil crafting sessions recently and I've basically had 10/10 AH slots filled up for a full week and lost ~10-15 mil in the process (crafted about 200-300 pairs). The problem is I'm getting "jackpot" items but they only sell for ~10-15m now and that barely covers the cost of ~90 crafts. All the mid-tier stuff that used to sell for 300-500k or 1-2m is absolutely garbage now.

Damn, that sucks, looks like ill lay off the glove crafting for now then, what other crafting should I invest in? I can't buy the 42mill plans lmao, don't got that much gold.

Meanwhile i just made 900k on blue ilvl 63 belt ;) And that was with undercutting lowest offers for other items of same class.

eek5

Damn, that sucks, looks like ill lay off the glove crafting for now then, what other crafting should I invest in? I can't buy the 42mill plans lmao, don't got that much gold.

If you have a ton of gold you can gamble and keep making gloves and hope you get lucky. Worst case you lose 10-20m, or break even. Best case you rattle off a handful of winners and go away filthy rich. Just make sure you know when to quit :lol

trh

Nifty AND saffron-colored!
Imgur is not working for me at the moment, but the two potentially good items are:

Ring with
+51 strength
+70 vitality
+26 lightning resist
+36 all resist
+4.0% critical hit chance

and a Mojo (which I don't know anything about so I'd be glad if anyone could tell me if this is worth anything) with
+84-378 damage
+60 intelligence
+45 vitality
206 life regen
+92 maximum mana
+9 mana regeneration

Sadly lacking crit on that Mojo, and some of the stats seem a bit low.

All in all a bunch of crap, qq.

Meanwhile i just made 900k on blue ilvl 63 belt ;) And that was with undercutting lowest offers for other items of same class.
I can't remember that last time I looked at a blue item that wasn't a ring or an amulet. I just vendor that shit as quickly as possible and get back to the farming.

Now I might get obsessive. :O

I can't remember that last time I looked at a blue item that wasn't a ring or an amulet. I just vendor that shit as quickly as possible and get back to the farming.

Now I might get obsessive. :O

Hint: maximum roll GF :)

And i made a milion or two already selling inferno essences from salvaging lvl 61+ blue items

Hey Diablogaf - I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2012 11" Macbook Air. To be used exclusively as a travel computer/second pc on desk/couch companion. Will it be able to play D3?

I'm not buying it for games per se, but it'd be cool if I could play some Diablo while I'm away.

syllogism

Now would be a good time to stop buying unided items, because it's possible to figure out how many affixes the unided item has by linking the item and looking at the link code. That wouldn't be too bad as then you can just sell 6-affix items for a higher price, but it's also possible to find out which affixes it has. It may be possible to even find out stats, but that's harder and likely requires a third party program.

hym

Banned
Now would be a good time to stop buying unided items, because it's possible to figure out how many affixes the unided item has by linking the item and looking at the link code. That wouldn't be too bad as then you can just sell 6-affix items for a higher price, but it's also possible to find out which affixes it has. It may be possible to even find out stats, but that's harder and likely requires a third party program.

Well if you count your browser as a 3rd party program, ctrl-F certainly ain't hard.

The full affix list for each code and the specific rank per affix can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/gr16TyGb

The value range can be found out here:
http://www.d3lexicon.com/affix/

Buying unidentified items after today from anyone but people you trust is throwing away gold. Again a serious flaw in Blizzard's system design and this is not really one where you can say oh well these things happen, exposing these codes to the client before item identification makes no sense. I'm surprised by decisions like this, it's as if the WoW engine programmers either left or don't share what they learned over the years with the Diablo team.

EDIT: I intentionally left out the exact method on how obtain item codes because I'm unsure how exploitative that part is in relation to the rules here, it can be found easily on d2jsp.org.

Hey Diablogaf - I'm close to pulling the trigger on a 2012 11" Macbook Air. To be used exclusively as a travel computer/second pc on desk/couch companion. Will it be able to play D3?

I'm not buying it for games per se, but it'd be cool if I could play some Diablo while I'm away.

Yes if you buy new one with HD4000 - yes but much worse if you get older one with sandy bridge inside.

Well if you count your browser as a 3rd party program, ctrl-F certainly ain't hard.

The full affix list for each code and the specific rank per affix can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/gr16TyGb

The value range can be found out here:
http://www.d3lexicon.com/affix/

Buying unidentified items after today from anyone but people you trust is throwing away gold. Again a serious flaw in Blizzard's system design and this is not really one where you can say oh well these things happen, exposing these codes to the client before item identification makes no sense. I'm surprised by decisions like this, it's as if the WoW engine programmers either left or don't share what they learned over the years with the Diablo team.

EDIT: I intentionally left out the exact method on how obtain item codes because I'm unsure how exploitative that part is in relation to the rules here, it can be found easily on d2jsp.org.

This is awesome news. Buying UnIds was a crappy gamble in the first place.

Jesus christ.

What the fuck, the entire rare market is going to be fucked up now.

This does not change the market for anything but Unids stuff.

Sarcasm

Just got to play this game on my new rig at max...the only difference I get no FPS lag and such..otherwise its not that much of a step up from low settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom