• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

syllogism

Well if you count your browser as a 3rd party program, ctrl-F certainly ain't hard.

The full affix list for each code and the specific rank per affix can be found here:
http://pastebin.com/gr16TyGb

The value range can be found out here:
http://www.d3lexicon.com/affix/

Buying unidentified items after today from anyone but people you trust is throwing away gold. Again a serious flaw in Blizzard's system design and this is not really one where you can say oh well these things happen, exposing these codes to the client before item identification makes no sense. I'm surprised by decisions like this, it's as if the WoW engine programmers either left or don't share what they learned over the years with the Diablo team.

EDIT: I intentionally left out the exact method on how obtain item codes because I'm unsure how exploitative that part is in relation to the rules here, it can be found easily on d2jsp.org.
That doesn't give you the exact values, which is what I was referring to

Are they bot on the AH ? I'm biding on very low items and after each bid, I got the message that I'm not ahead because bid is currently higher. Whenever I bid, it automatically bid something a coin gold over my bid. I swear its like a bot

scy

Are they bot on the AH ? I'm biding on very low items and after each bid, I got the message that I'm not ahead because bid is currently higher. Whenever I bid, it automatically bid something a coin gold over my bid. I swear its like a bot

When you bid, you're bidding the maximum you're willing to bid. The game increments it as needed when other people bid.

So lets say I bid 100000 on an item. The current bid will only be at 10000, however, rather than 100000. If you bid 20000, my bid will go up to something higher than 20000. This repeats until you bid over 100000.

Yes it's Blizzard bot - shamelesly copied from ebay and other such service.

When someone sets maximum bid on item the systems set's it at lowest value needed to win against other bidders. Then if someone else bids the bids are compared and if you didn't beat other person maximum the actual bid will be set a tiny bit above yours.

hym

Banned
While we are talking bids, I had rather high bids on an item (went upto +8mil) but not long before it ended the Current Bid disappeared in my auction list, I figured it was an interface error but after restarting the game the item still said No Bids, now the weird thing when I looked up my own item in Search I could see somebody made bids because it was above the start bid and bidding showed a higher price than current, the auction expired as Not Sold and my item is back.

So what's going on? did I get a bid from somebody who's account was banned?

I seem to remember someone posting that there was a way to tell what someones max bid was from the increments added to the current bid? I think I may just have been screwed by someone exploiting that. It was suspicious because I ended up paying the exact amount of my max bid. If not, quite a coincidence they stopped at exactly the right price to make me pay all of it. Think I'm going to be a bit more careful with that in future.

eek5

I can't remember that last time I looked at a blue item that wasn't a ring or an amulet. I just vendor that shit as quickly as possible and get back to the farming.

Now I might get obsessive. :O

I think 190+dex shoulders are in the millions
max GF/MF stuff sells really well too

LordCanti

Certain areas look pretty nice.

Siege of Bastions Keep comes to mind.

Art direction aside (personally I think it's mediocre; So many carbon copy areas for one thing), the game doesn't push current gen hardware.

This isn't the kind of game where you spend a thousand dollars to upgrade your rig and then bask in the warm glow of the eye melting goodness.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member
anyone else think deckard cain's garb is too blue and not grey enough.

that said what are the inferno builds u can go gear/skill wise for a monk?

I had 4 legendaries (2 were set pieces) fall for me this weekend in act II. About 170% MF after stack. I even got one to fall from a unique mob!

However ... it was easily the best shitty luck I've ever had. Only one was worth more than a million. The other three were salvage material.

I also progreesed to the Silver Spire this morning before work. I'm thinking I might try for Diablo tonight after work.

Stripes55

Neo Member
OK, dumb question but...do different classes have different MF rates? I ask this because I have a Lvl 52 Monk and a Lvl 47 Barb, both with about +75% MF. The Monk's in Act I of Hell, the Barb in Act 3 of NM. Yet the Barb gets rares regularly, while the Monk almost never does (he did get a legendary though). Or is Act I just not good for finding rares no matter what difficulty you're in?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Glove crafting is really fucked up right now unless you get really lucky. I've been doing 8-20mil crafting sessions recently and I've basically had 10/10 AH slots filled up for a full week and lost ~10-15 mil in the process (crafted about 200-300 pairs). The problem is I'm getting "jackpot" items but they only sell for ~10-15m now and that barely covers the cost of ~90 crafts. All the mid-tier stuff that used to sell for 300-500k or 1-2m is absolutely garbage now.

Starting to think that crafting is a big part of why the economy is so fucked right now.

Starting to think that crafting is a big part of why the economy is so fucked right now.

I know the drop rate for LVL 63 items is more rare than LVL 62, but it feels like the AH is loaded with LVL 62. At an even greater disparity than the standard drop rates.

Annecdotal and all that, but I would assume there's A LOT of crafting going on as well.

Xamdou

Is there a place to calculate weapon damage? I would hate to buy a weapon worth millions only to find it is weaker than my current wep.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
That's interesting, I feel like the battle in the background is one of the coolest parts.

All in all I know it's not a visual marvel, but it doesn't look bad either

I also think that the background battle is cool, but then I get sad since that is only the background, and that the places we do go to in the act aren't really like that. (and that it's always the same layout every single time).

Jrmint

I also think that the background battle is cool, but then I get sad since that is only the background, and that the places we do go to in the act aren't really like that. (and that it's always the same layout every single time).
I thought that was the same battleground you go to for the quest when you destroy the ballistas and whatnot.

LordCanti

It's kind of funny how the market will correct itself. A consumable I've been watching was 1,200,000 gold yesterday, yet selling for $5 in the RMAH. Today it's still selling around $5, but it's up to 2m gold.

It looks like the whole "people will base GAH prices on RMAH gold" theory came true, at least in part. I sold three off, and made like 1.2m on the flip after fees. They didn't sell in the RMAH (so who knows if anyone is actually buying them).

I don't think this is a direct case of people basing their prices on RMAH gold, but rather just flippers buying the commodity until it's not worth flipping anymore. The adjustment can also happen on the RMAH side as people with money but no gold can choose to either buy the item on RMAH or buy a bunch of gold and then buy stuff on gold AH. But yes, "adjustment" is inevitable for something as easily flippable as commodities

I guess both forces are probably at play. What's interesting to me is that supply and demand doesn't seem to factor in, since supply is completely invisible to the participants in the market. It's not like you can figure out that after the current low-balled commodity sells, there are only high priced ones after it, so people will just assume that the current (lower) price is what their item is worth. It doesn't show the seller the average for the day/past ten trades, so unless the seller goes and checks, they'll never know. It's a self feeding machine down to the bottom, as long as the supply is there (demand being impossible to judge, while "supply" is obvious to you; You've got it, you want to sell it, end of story).

syllogism

It's kind of funny how the market will correct itself. A consumable I've been watching was 1,200,000 gold yesterday, yet selling for $5 in the RMAH. Today it's still selling around $5, but it's up to 2m gold.

It looks like the whole "people will base GAH prices on RMAH gold" theory came true, at least in part. I sold three off, and made like 1.2m on the flip after fees.
I don't think this is a direct case of people basing their prices on RMAH gold, but rather just flippers buying the commodity until it's not worth flipping anymore. The adjustment can also happen on the RMAH side as people with money but no gold can choose to either buy the item on RMAH or buy a bunch of gold and then buy stuff on gold AH. But yes, "adjustment" is inevitable for something as easily flippable as commodities

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I thought that was the same battleground you go to for the quest when you destroy the ballistas and whatnot.

It's supposed to be, and they also show more background battles of the battlements.

However, while it was neat the first couple times through, after the 50th time through you get to thinking that it really isn't all epic.

Especially since the mechanics/layout/basic direction doesn't change at all between playthroughs or even between difficulties. Nothing new is introduced, and the randomness is depressingly low.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I think I may have been playing this out of habit.

Up until a couple of weeks ago, I was playing it nightly despite having already beaten Diablo on Inferno quite a while ago.

Then, a few nights went by where I was too busy to log in. When I had some free time again, I instead went back to play Dragon's Dogma, which I had put down after playing ten hours or so. I then focused on that for a while and finished it up (great game, btw).

This seems to have completely cured me of any desire to play more Diablo III. I look back at my time with the game and it feels like I was doing nothing but work, or something. The idea of playing more of the game is extremely unappealing to me now.

Anyway, I don't really have a point, but it was interesting to see how momentum and habit can keep a person (or maybe just me) playing a game that they aren't particularly enjoying.

redhot_

Welp.. started doing VotA runs, and damn.. with the fucked up elemental damages and the most annoying mobs in the game this is the most miserable place to farm lol.

LordCanti

So the stats on UNID'd items can be figured out now without ID'ing them. I wouldn't buy any UNID'd items until Blizzard comes up with a fix.

(this may be old news, but I just heard about it)

bs000

Hint: maximum roll GF :)

And i made a milion or two already selling inferno essences from salvaging lvl 61+ blue items

I found that alot of i61-63 items will vendor for around the same or more than the cost of essences. The cost of essences is creeping back up so it might be worth it again, but just right clicking all the items to vendor them is so much faster than sifting through the items looking for whats 61+/looking at which ones will sell for more as essence.

Alsooo, I almost vendored a blue 9% ias 70 int ring, but then I sold it for 1 mil :|

I don't know what I hate more. Morlu Incinerators or Mounted Armaddons. I'm going to lean towards Mounted Armaddons. Especially when there's .... 3 or more.

koji

Ok... So can someone explain this to me;

Screenshot030.jpg

Screenshot029.jpg
That price difference is crazy...

Man the past week all I've gotten are AMAZING level 63 boots. Sold one for 19 million. Sold 2 for 30 bucks each (second one just sold a few seconds ago). And I still got one pair left trying to sell for more money.

I get absolutely nothing else worth anything, but lots of boots.

bs000

Trade channel flooded with people trying to sell their crap unids.

There's even one guy trying to sell his ilvl55 2 hand axe for 400k lol...

TommyT

Really just logging in at this point to sell/relist things - my DH's old gear. I ended up buying some upgrades for the MF/DPS set so I could still farm Act 1 and 2 if I really wanted to, for whatever reason.

I will probably come back in for some huge crafting sessions as I've had some items sell recently. Most notably the boots I posted some pages back some for a LOT. Might just empty out the stash for peanuts in order to use the gold for crafting mats to hopefully craft something similar/better to sell.

Boots can have 300 dex, but only 200 str. Str items also have inflated prices atm, since everyone is making whirlwind barbs.

Yup, I've seen a sweet (str) pair with a bid of over 392m.

Anyone have a link to this whirlwind barb spec (and some info on what gear you need)? I'd like to pass it on to my barbarian playing friend.

Stasis

Anyway, I don't really have a point, but it was interesting to see how momentum and habit can keep a person (or maybe just me) playing a game that they aren't particularly enjoying.

I think it's a great point, and one that definitely applies to many others. I know it applies to me for certain titles, D3 being one of them. When you take a break and realize how little you actually feel like going back to it, is when you realize you weren't really having that much fun to begin with, and would rather spend your time doing other things.

I also think a lot of people still playing will eventually go through this.

linsivvi

Buying unidentified items after today from anyone but people you trust is throwing away gold. Again a serious flaw in Blizzard's system design and this is not really one where you can say oh well these things happen, exposing these codes to the client before item identification makes no sense. I'm surprised by decisions like this, it's as if the WoW engine programmers either left or don't share what they learned over the years with the Diablo team.

I have criticized Blizzard on the dozens of design flaws of this game, but this is not one of them. Since you cannot sell unidentified items on the AH, how is it Blizzard's problem if some players choose to buy items from outside the game? As far as they are concerned, exposing these codes to the client lead to no exploit whatsoever.

LordCanti

I have criticized Blizzard on the dozens of design flaws of this game, but this is not one of them. Since you cannot sell unidentified items on the AH, how is it Blizzard's problem if some players choose to buy items from outside the game? As far as they are concerned, exposing these codes to the client lead to no exploit whatsoever.

They left in-game trading in the game. It's an exploit. They could have made un-ID'd items unable to be traded, but they didn't. It's completely their fault.

maharg

idspispopd
I guess both forces are probably at play. What's interesting to me is that supply and demand doesn't seem to factor in, since supply is completely invisible to the participants in the market. It's not like you can figure out that after the current low-balled commodity sells, there are only high priced ones after it, so people will just assume that the current (lower) price is what their item is worth. It doesn't show the seller the average for the day/past ten trades, so unless the seller goes and checks, they'll never know. It's a self feeding machine down to the bottom, as long as the supply is there (demand being impossible to judge, while "supply" is obvious to you; You've got it, you want to sell it, end of story).

Well yes, just like any market? I'm not sure why you think this is special. Prices drop until demand meets supply. The participants don't need a solid understanding of the exact supply and demand (do you know how many coffee cups there are in the world when you go to buy one?), it's the constriction of supply when demand meets it that sets the reasonable floor on a price.

And a relatively free market will always drive prices to the bottom.

Playing a monk with 2.60 attacks per second (I could go up to 2.70 I think with an 9% attack speed amulet) feels like playing DH with Rapid Fire.

Too bad its just good for nightmare with my stuff.

What's the fastest way to get to 60 solo after beating diablo?

Reload the prime of evil quest and do the last floor back wards. do go back to garden of hopes something. Just reload prime evil

LordCanti

Well yes, just like any market? I'm not sure why you think this is special. Prices drop until demand meets supply. The participants don't need a solid understanding of the exact supply and demand (do you know how many coffee cups there are in the world when you go to buy one?), it's the constriction of supply when demand meets it that sets the reasonable floor on a price.

And a relatively free market will always drive prices to the bottom.

If there isn't enough demand for coffee, the coffee store closes (I realize this is a gross simplification; They'd lower costs first, based on that demand. They'd have an accurate read of demand to work with though). That never happens with this game. Speaking specifically of commodities (things that are exactly the same), there is no way to judge how much something is worth without knowing how many people want it. If an item does huge volume, of course you'd want to set the price a bit higher due to demand, until supply reached an equilibrium with demand. That isn't possible with commodities in this game, because no one knows how much demand is there.

I saw this first hand when I bought plans for 1.2m, failed to sell them at their $5 current trading price (I gave it a full 36 hours) and then sold them for 2m. The price in the GAH went up to reflect the price in the RMAH, but RMAH volume was extremely low (despite there being no shortage of supply). The market didn't bring the gold price of the item down, because no one could accurately tell how much demand there had been on the RMAH side (just that some schmuck had paid $5 at some point over the course of the day). If there was data to reflect that only a few of that item had sold in the entire day, people would realize it's worth far less, and the price would reflect that.

What's the fastest way to get to 60 solo after beating diablo?

As a Barb I started from Azmodan's door, went back to fight the first mob (sometimes junk, sometimes an EXP rich scorpion orgy) with WOTB and Earthquake, and then reloaded. The run took maybe a minute, and I'd fill most of an EXP bar section.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom