• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

eek5

What is it? I don't get it.

1. open chat window and input any 2 bytes character (I'm use ㅇ character)
2. link any UNID'd item
3. click between 2 bytes charater and linked item name
4. press delete key 2 or 3 times then you can see the item code
(do not press enter key this step. it may crash D3 client)
5. press ctrl+a then press ctrl+x and then ctrl+v in text editor like notepad

you get a code like this.
⻈Item:2,1565456761:-146123031:1055553278,1055553278,1055553278,1176553157:-1:0:-1:-1:-1:8:523:523:0:0:6:0:-1144451098:|h[가시 투구]|h

then you can know rare quality of UNID'd item now.
0:0:6:0 - 4-affix rare
0:0:7:0 - 5-affix rare
0:0:8:0 - 6-affix rare

next, this item code has 3 different type.

1. UNID'd code ingame
|HItem:2,1565456761:-146123031:1055553278,1055553278,1055553278,1176553157:-1:0:-1:-1:-1:8:523:523:0:0:6:0:-1144451098:|h[가시 투구]|h

2. UNID'd code in lobby
|HItem:2,1565456761:-146123031:1273837477,-2012337763,1951515674,-334812892:-1:0:130756:9:8:8:523:523:0:0:6:0:-648496672:|h[가시 투구]|h

3. ID'd code
|HItem:2,1565456761:-146123031:-334812892,1951515674,-2012337763,1273837477:-1:0:130756:9:8:9:523:523:0:0:6:0:1941137377:|h[가시 투구]|h

did you see that? UNID'd code in lobby and ID'd code are perfectly same except final number.
final number used for integrity check of item code and item ID'd state I guess.
so you can link and get exactly stats from UNID'd before ID'd if you discover formula of final number.

Also someone made a parser:
http://www.forceprojectx.com/services/diablo3-item-affix-parser

Paste code in.. bam tells you what range affixes item rolled. All without IDing lol

That's an interesting exploit. Safe to say Blizzard doesn't care about or want you trading unidentified items. They should make them untradeable at least, to prevent people being scammed.

Caveat Emptor, folks.

LordCanti

What did they break in the code to prevent the amount of an RMAH sale from showing up in the client? It comes to your e-mail, so it can't be about not getting your hopes up before they've made sure it is a legitimate sale.

That's an interesting exploit. Safe to say Blizzard doesn't care about or want you trading unidentified items. They should make them untradeable at least, to prevent people being scammed.

Caveat Emptor, folks.

There is a lot of stuff they should be doing to prevent people from being scammed. Months later, and you can still run a script that removes your gold or items from the trade window in the blink of an eye for instance.

eek5

They should just give us the option to remove the wrapper completely. Imagine just being able to ctrl hover items on the ground and only pick up good stuff!

koji

@ LordCanti, been doing fine with my whirlwind barb up to the middle of act 2, starting to get completely destroyed by elites so now it's either spend shitloads of money (which I don't have) on barb gear (my god those prices) or roll something else.

For inferno progression, what do you guys think would work best/"cheapest", DH or Wiz? Got some progression gear from my WD in the bank but it's summoner/CC gear.

Trickster

@ LordCanti, been doing fine with my whirlwind barb up to the middle of act 2, starting to get completely destroyed by elites so now it's either spend shitloads of money (which I don't have) on barb gear (my god those prices) or roll something else.

For inferno progression, what do you guys think would work best/"cheapest", DH or Wiz? Got some progression gear from my WD in the bank but it's summoner/CC gear.

Shouldn't really take very much gear to do act 2 as a WW barb, I spent maybe a million gold to fully gear out my barb when I switched to WW spec, and I was able to do act 2 pretty easily. How much armor/resist/loh do you have?

koji

Shouldn't really take very much gear to do act 2 as a WW barb, I spent maybe a million gold to fully gear out my barb when I switched to WW spec, and I was able to do act 2 pretty easily. How much armor/resist/loh do you have?

About 1200LOH (and some life steal), only around 500 resists though, HP is also kinda low, around 30k, armor around 7k.

Problem is the prices for barb gear atm, so crazy. When some slots on my AH free up I'm just going to put up some of my better WW barb gear and make some profit from that inflation, shit.

Took these screens last night while I was looking for gear;

Screenshot030.jpg

Screenshot029.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
About 1200LOH (and some life steal), only around 500 resists though, HP is also kinda low, around 30k, armor around 7k.

Problem is the prices for barb gear atm, so crazy. When some slots on my AH free up I'm just going to put up some of my better WW barb gear and make some profit from that inflation, shit.

With those resists, you'd need at least 50k HP for act 3. Helmet with socketed life% gem helps.

koji

Yeah, I know the resists are the main problem, checking for decent all resists + STR + VIT on the ah is just frightening atm though...

If those slow hammerwielding dudes hit me one time I'm good as dead... Anyway, it's not like that barb is my main, still got my WD but she's kinda stuck farming act 1. (with 265MF so it's not THAT bad...) Wanted to play the barb to actually make some progess in inferno but it looks like I don't have enough money to spend on him.

Are there any good builds for barb with 2h weapon ?

And if you have vengence and leap which would you put as right mouse button skill.

PS. After 200 h i got my first gem plan for second best topaz :)

Trickster

Is the resistance with or without shout warcry? Also, 30k hp is quite low. Easy way to remedy that would be to get a 500k weapon with 200+ vitality that also has loh or crit dmg depending on what items you're currently getting loh from.

Also, about the prices for the boots. Like I said earlier, one of the reasons those dex boots are way cheaper is that dex on boots can go up to 300, whereas boots can't have more than 200 str. Yes the current barbarian popularity definitely factors in as well. But a large reason for that price gab is the simple fact that the dex boots are markedly worse than the str boots because of the different max stats.

Also notable about the boot prices, you're seraching for 60+ all res. That is pretty damn high. I just tried searching with same vit and str, but "only" 45 all res. Prices dropped from the millions into a couple of hundred k instead.

koji

Is the resistance with or without shout warcry? Also, 30k hp is quite low. Easy way to remedy that would be to get a 500k weapon with 200+ vitality that also has loh or crit dmg depending on what items you're currently getting loh from.

Also, about the prices for the boots. Like I said earlier, one of the reasons those dex boots are way cheaper is that dex on boots can go up to 300, whereas boots can't have more than 200 str. Yes the current barbarian popularity definitely factors in as well. But a large reason for that price gab is the simple fact that the dex boots are markedly worse than the str boots because of the different max stats.

Also notable about the boot prices, you're seraching for 60+ all res. That is pretty damn high. I just tried searching with same vit and str, but "only" 45 all res. Prices dropped from the millions into a couple of hundred k instead.

Without warcry.

Yeah I was price checking when I took that screen, picked up dex boots with similar stats, hence the 60 all resist :)

Hmm, I could buy a 500dmg weapon with a lot of VIT yeah, that will probably help, if I just wouldn't get one shotted it would make a big difference in survivability. (obvious)

Trickster

Without warcry.

Yeah I was price checking when I took that screen, picked up dex boots with similar stats, hence the 60 all resist :)

Hmm, I could buy a 500dmg weapon with a lot of VIT yeah, that will probably help, if I just wouldn't get one shotted it would make a big difference in survivability. (obvious)

If it's without war cry, then it's fine. I'm doing act 3 with a base all resist of 389. With some resists higher due to specific resists on some items.

koji

Hmm your defensive stats aren't that much better like mine indeed, you have WAY more damage though. Thanks for linking, always good to see what stats other people have.

Number45

And if you have vengence and leap which would you put as right mouse button skill.
I'd try it out each way, but for me I prefer to have positional skills off of the mouse so that I can be more accurate with them (i.e. clicking the mouse might move the aim). I currently have Revenge on right mouse, and Leap (I think, it's been a while) on 1.

So I haven't read this thread in awhile as I haven't been playing D3 (got sucked into the world of Dota 2 - 40+ hours in less than 2 weeks there.) Not that I necessarily tired of D3 - just that Dota 2 is the new shit for me and is currently more compelling.

However, I have been thinking about D3.

Diablo III could really learn some lessons from the Dota 2/TF2 item system. The Strange Items, which are exceedingly rare, and track specific stats, would be a huge boon in adding to the longevity/interest of the game. Now you don't just want that awesome item with good stats, you want it to track kills as well! Or Spike Traps placed, etc.

This was sort of alluded to on the Bombcast a few weeks back when they were talking about "wanting the Carfax" for items.

While it's not something that could be done retroactively, adding these cosmetic stat-tracking affixes (which wouldn't count towards your actual useful affix limit per item) in as a patch for all new items would really revitalize the game and the item hunt - turning into more of a true end-game.

I've also been pondering over runes again, and I have something to say on that, but I'll leave it for another post. (Hint: What I said in the beta thread pretty much still holds.)

My evaluation two months after launch for Diablo III can be summed up with the words "unfulfilled potential". It's still a very good game, but on an absolute scale, that only puts true perfection at a 10, I'd have to give Diablo III an 8 or 8.5 at most. This isn't to say things can't be fixed through patches/expansions, but they probably shouldn't have launched with the state the game was in. The rest of the game being content complete (and had been , or at least been close for a good while) when the systems were incomplete/unbalanced forced their hand though. They couldn't sit on it any longer.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
My evaluation two months after launch for Diablo III can be summed up with the words "unfulfilled potential". It's still a very good game, but on an absolute scale, that only puts true perfection at a 10, I'd have to give Diablo III an 8 or 8.5 at most. This isn't to say things can't be fixed through patches/expansions, but they probably shouldn't have launched with the state the game was in. The rest of the game being content complete (and had been , or at least been close for a good while) when the systems were incomplete/unbalanced forced their hand though. They couldn't sit on it any longer.

Unfulfilled, yes. Most of my beta concerns extrapolated into what I thought would be the entire game still hold as well.

I find it amusing that this was "content complete" for so long, considering the distinct lack of content. I mean, to give one example of many, how could they have even considered act4 to be content complete? It reuses the same damn town from act 3 for cryin' out loud.

eek5

Searching for an off hand source on my newly 60 wizard... how. They need a way to search for avg damage.

same way monk finds 2res/dex/vit stuff.. hover over everything and cross your fingers lol

edit: The best way to find a good off-hand is to have at least one search parameter at the "breakpoint" for iL61/62 properties. I forget what it is but it's either 7.5 or 8 crit which will only have your results show up as iL62 then you can at least be in the right item range for good damage

koji

Yeah there are a lot of issues there :lol

Anyone have any news on an incoming update? Something to look forward to?

I quit the game but just read about the unid exploit. Fuckin lol blizz.

Oh it might just get better! Seems to be some evidence of duping hitting NA servers. Hasn't hit mass scale but looks like a method does exist (or it wouldn't make the full 26 pages on the official forums):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079712152

Anyone who can't access the forums (or does not want to), a guy posted that there were 8 identical ilvl63 1000+ dps bows on the AH being sold for the same price, which was then confirmed by numerous people.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Nwf0u.jpg

Are there any good builds for barb with 2h weapon ?

PS. After 200 h i got my first gem plan for second best topaz :)

there is no reason to go 2 handed weapons in this game (not including 2 handed bow for DH). you end up sacrificing too much potetial stats for your offhand weapon/shield/source/etc. They need to drastically buff 2 handed weapons to make them worthwhile but until they do, going 2 handed is always going to gimp you compared to your alternative.

Blitzzz

Oh it might just get better! Seems to be some evidence of duping hitting NA servers. Hasn't hit mass scale but looks like a method does exist (or it wouldn't make the full 26 pages on the official forums):

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6079712152

Anyone who can't access the forums (or does not want to), a guy posted that there were 8 identical ilvl63 1000+ dps bows on the AH being sold for the same price, which was then confirmed by numerous people.

EDIT: Here is a screenshot: http://i.imgur.com/Nwf0u.jpg

lol sigh.... why are we putting up with lag, bullshit save system and maintenance again?

Ashhong

Searching for an off hand source on my newly 60 wizard... how. They need a way to search for avg damage.

I have a few good sources for sale if you havent found any. Average damage of like 150 maybe and some Intel. So hard to sell them because people can't search by damage...

scy

there is no reason to go 2 handed weapons in this game (not including 2 handed bow for DH). you end up sacrificing too much potetial stats for your offhand weapon/shield/source/etc. They need to drastically buff 2 handed weapons to make them worthwhile but until they do, going 2 handed is always going to gimp you compared to your alternative.

More or less. The stat loss isn't made up by the damage difference, really. Unless you're at the point where it doesn't matter, I guess ... but then you won't need the damage there either so why bother?

At best, it's cheaper to gear Two Handed ... though the armor needed to make up for it will probably cost more than the savings in the first place.

Can't speak for anyone else, but going 2h on my Wizard upped my damage by about 15% in one shot (it's noticeable too), and that was just using a 500k 2h vs my 2m worth of main hand and off hand. Though that could just be because not many Wizards are buying that sort of wep on the AH I guess.

My DOT damage is pretty ridiculous now.

scy

Can't speak for anyone else, but going 2h on my Wizard upped my damage by about 15% in one shot (it's noticeable too), and that was just using a 500k 2h vs my 2m worth of main hand and off hand. Though that could just be because not many Wizards are buying that sort of wep on the AH I guess.

My DOT damage is pretty ridiculous now.

Generally speaking, 2H will have higher per hit damage than 1H/Source. Generally. You can get a good Source that makes the 1H/Source comparable, however, so the advantage isn't quite that big. It's more a case that really good 2H Weapons (e.g., 1300+ DPS) are a lot cheaper than their 1H counterparts (900-1000 DPS). Plus you can get far better stats out of a Source anyway. +Crit Chance, +Arcane Power on Crit, +Skill Bonuses, etc.

That said, Wizard does seem like Blizzard planned them out as more of a slow weapon using class. Limited resource with no way to gear it higher and their recovery is an on-crit effect. Maximize damage per AP spent and limit AP used per second to keep them going as long as possible.

Speaking of Wizards, I started playing one over the weekend. Beat Belial on nightmare this morning and I think I'm level 39.

Anybody with suggestions on "cookie cutter" style builds for a wizard? I'm liking to eventually be ranged though I do see there's such a thing as a melee wizard, just doesn't interest me.

I'll likely be scavenging a bunch of stuff off my WD as he had some decent stuff that'll at least give me a nice boost once I hit 60.

inky

There's also video of the samey bows and apparently some of them sold, so it was not a bug in which the same item was posted 8 times by mistake.

LOL, if this is really duping GG Blizz. Might even have been going on for a while, until someone was stupid enough to do this. I've heard of several people in this thread that have the exact same item drop seconds after the first one tho, so might be a rare bug that someone just now realized how to exploit or something like that.

zulux21

n the near future, we'll be re-enabling the limit on how many games a player can create within a certain amount of time. We've further tuned and tested the conditions that trigger this limit to ensure, as much as possible, that it only affects those abusing the Diablo III game service in a way that violates the Terms of Use – for example, by using bots that create games in rapid succession.
source

bleh I hope it's not to little. selling items/ gob farming could be easily effected if it's to low

Unfulfilled, yes. Most of my beta concerns extrapolated into what I thought would be the entire game still hold as well.

I find it amusing that this was "content complete" for so long, considering the distinct lack of content. I mean, to give one example of many, how could they have even considered act4 to be content complete? It reuses the same damn town from act 3 for cryin' out loud.

I remember being wowed when I got the achievement for fully exploring Act IV's random dungeons. Odd, since I've spent 100+ hours farming Act I Inferno and can't complete that, but found every "Nook and Cranny" for Act IV in Hell mode.

Random Dungeons (Content Complete):
Act 1: 19
Act 2: 27
Act 3: 9
Act 4: 4

Really bugs me how almost every other class can get a high dps weapon for cheap but Crossbows are the most expensive things EVER. All I want is one 1200+ with crit damage on it to replace my 1098 one. Difference in price between the 2 is like 20-40 million. Redonk.

eek5

Really bugs me how almost every other class can get a high dps weapon for cheap but Crossbows are the most expensive things EVER. All I want is one 1200+ with crit damage on it to replace my 1098 one. Difference in price between the 2 is like 20-40 million. Redonk.

The difference is all the other classes are using 1Hers and they're way more expensive than crossbows. Yeah, the top end crossbows might be higher but even mid-level 1Hers are a rip.

syllogism

Comparing 2h weapons and crossbows is ridiculous as crossbows aren't really 2h. Good 1h weapons are like 100m+ and very good ones 200+m

Comparing 2h weapons and crossbows is ridiculous as crossbows aren't really 2h. Good 1h weapons are like 100m+ and very good ones 200+m
they may not truly be 2h but they are balanced out by the fact that other 2h handers are cheap as fuck for much higher dps. Whereas a quiver or whatever doesn't supply a boost near the amount as a dps bump.

I've seen many a wizard or monk straight beasting it with 2 handers.

For all DH, post your DPS without sharpshooter, go!

syllogism

they may not truly be 2h but they are balanced out by the fact that other 2h handers are cheap as fuck for much higher dps. Whereas a quiver or whatever doesn't supply a boost near the amount as a dps bump.

Good luck finding a critdmg+socket 2h that is comparable to a critdmg+socket crossbow when you take into account the offhand crit%, IAS and dex bonus

Good luck finding a critdmg+socket 2h that is comparable to a critdmg+socket crossbow when you take into account the offhand crit%, IAS and dex bonus
you don't have to tell me, I'm at 40%+ crit chance, didn't get that from shitting the bed I'll tell you that much. Just saying. Crossbows be a crazyyy commodity. Even on the field. I've gotten at least 3+ 1h with 1000+ damage. Only 1 crossbow I've ever gotten on the field had 1000K.

eek5

you don't have to tell me, I'm at 40%+ crit chance, didn't get that from shitting the bed I'll tell you that much. Just saying. Crossbows be a crazyyy commodity. Even on the field. I've gotten at least 3+ 1h with 1000+ damage. Only 1 crossbow I've ever gotten on the field had 1000K.

It's not really that crazy. I don't really understand what your complaint is about anyway. Imagine a world where barbs could use 2H w/ shield. Your complaint would essentially be equal to someone saying

WHY THE FUCK ARE 2H SO EXPENSIVE FOR BARBS!? LOOK HOW CHEAP DAIBOS ARE!!

The answer is nobody wants 2H. They're garbage compared to a good 1H+shield or two good 1H. The loss in defense, resource generation, attack speed, etc. is just not worth it. The market is driven by demand and the demand for 2H is nearly non-existent. Seriously, go search for Daibos and look at the first page. Almost all the auctions are expiring. The range on buyouts is 2mil to 20 mil.. all on the same page and no one is even buying the ones at 2 mil. The fact is everyone wants a 2H bow/crossbow and nobody wants regular 2 handers. It isn't one of those "you can't explain that!" situations. The reason crossbows are so expensive is very simple.

Your complaint boils down to "the best gear in slot for my class is expensive.. whyyyy!?" lol

Hela

I'm running around Act I inferno with MF +265% with 5NVs and I get jack shit - nothing to sell, never mind keeping something for myself and I think I'm starting go lose my patience with the game. It just stopped being fun.

scy

Crossbows aren't Two Handers in the sense that they have a lower damage than every single Two Handed weapon (granted, 2H Swords are close). Comparing them to other 2H Weapons in straight DPS is a little unfair.

On top of that, you get the off-hand slot (e.g., +Crit Chance, IAS%, Stats) that 2H normally have to sacrifice. The IAS% boost on the off-hand does generally make up the difference.

It's not really that crazy. I don't really understand what your complaint is about anyway. Imagine a world where barbs could use 2H w/ shield. Your complaint would essentially be equal to someone saying

WHY THE FUCK ARE 2H SO EXPENSIVE FOR BARBS!? LOOK HOW CHEAP DAIBOS ARE!!

The answer is nobody wants 2H. They're garbage compared to a good 1H+shield or two good 1H. The loss in defense, resource generation, attack speed, etc. is just not worth it. The market is driven by demand and the demand for 2H is nearly non-existent. Seriously, go search for Daibos and look at the first page. Almost all the auctions are expiring. The range on buyouts is 2mil to 20 mil.. all on the same page and no one is even buying the ones at 2 mil. The fact is everyone wants a 2H bow/crossbow and nobody wants regular 2 handers. It isn't one of those "you can't explain that!" situations. The reason crossbows are so expensive is very simple.

Your complaint boils down to "the best gear in slot for my class is expensive.. whyyyy!?" lol
wow I'm basically just complaining for the sake of complaining, I thought that was obvious. I'm not starting a vendetta against the game here lol. I can't be annoyed that I can't get a stronger bow without paying a gazillion, and I can't seem to get one after farming 100 hours?

I think it's normal for people to complain after that kind of stuff. You're a true warrior though, stand up gentlemanz. There's no overarching point being made here, it just bugs me :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom