• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nitric0

Is Ghom even possible with 4 people? Did three runs with a public group and we were steam rolling elites/champ packs but can't even down Ghom to half health. What a joke. I can't even get past him :( 8-10 tries and all failures.

LordCanti

I sold 30m gold in one stack. But the way it sold is kind of strange.

I first got these 3 emails.

Items in review 8,600,000 Gold
Time of transaction 31 Dec 1969 04:00 PM PST
Total value in review $21.50

Items in review 16,700,000 Gold
Total value in review $41.75

Items in review 25,700,000 Gold
Total value in review $64.25

That is more than 30m total, but then i got this email:

Item name 30,000,000 Gold
Time of transaction 17 Jul 2012 09:21 AM PDT
Sale price $75.00
Transaction fee $11.26
Transfer fee $9.56
Applicable taxes $0.00
Your proceeds $54.18

I'm going to guess that your gold was used as a part of multiple gold purchases. The first two transactions may very well be entirely your gold, and then the third is your gold plus someone else's (or multiple people even). You got to the front of the line, and the system fulfilled orders with your gold until it couldn't anymore.

That's how I see it anyway.

zulux21

I first got these 3 emails.

you were cheated man... your gold sold in 1969

"$75.00 in 1969 had the same buying power as $476.77 in 2012.

Annual inflation over this period was 4.40%."

You should totally complain that you should be getting 476 for your gold since they sold it over 50 years ago.

On a serious note, as the other person said it likely sold in chunks and it was just letting you know that it sold in general so if you cancelled it you would know how much you would make.

I underestimated cull the weak in DH passives:

I'm now running with entangling arrow (4 targets rune), frozen arrow as attacks and it works really nicely. Just few milions more for Natalya mark and i'll be able to drop preparation and add caltrops to my skills :)

Also i was counting 1h crossbows - if you could get 2 of them with 150+ crit dmg and get 40% natural crit chance (should be easy with 7% natalya and 10% archery) you would get

1+0,4*3,5=2,4

but then if you consider you basic dps will be around 80% of 2h weapon it goes back to same areas as xbow/bow would have and if you stack more crit dmg on amulets/rings/gloves they would benefit crossbow more.

kennah

Every time I flip something, I marvel at the inability of people to look at what they'd pay in gold for an item before they pay actual money.

His $250 sale is basically an extrapolation of the $5 per million gold spent that I get by flipping stuff. Sometimes I get less, sometimes I get more, but $5/m is still doable because people are dumb and/or lazy.

You should not be dying at all as a Barb in hell. WOTB and Earthquake make it really easy. What build are you running?

Probably a stupid one. But most of my deaths are when I'm playing one handed.
Holding a five month old baby

5ed846b83b369cae1ed13088cae3b6fb6f005113.png

:-S

Izcarielo

Banned
What the HELL is happening? i cannot sell my exquisite essences, its the only item in my stash i cannot sell, and right now the prices are skyrocketing

RubxQub

φίλω ἐξεχέγλουτον καί ψευδολόγον οὖκ εἰπόν
I got these shoulders to drop and I have no idea why they are valuable:

+ 111 Intelligence
+ 106 Vitality
+ 27 Fire Resist
+ 44 to All Resist
+ 18% Gold from Monsters

... I was looking at comparable items and they were easily going for 1-2 million...for items worse than this.

This could potentially be my first million gold item that I put up on the AH (just dinged 60 last night) and it's kind of blowing my mind that THIS item would be worth a million gold to someone.

As a total aside, upon hitting 60 I geared up my Monk with all the gear I'd need and am survivable as hell right now, just need to work on increasing DPS through a better weapon (530 DPS on my current with 500 LoH and 150 dex)...but so far Inferno Act 1 has been butter. 5 stacks of NV without a sweat...loving see all this yellow!

scy

100-ish INT/VIT with 40+ All Resist isn't terrible. 18% Gold Find (25% Max) isn't bad either, though it shouldn't be worth that much since it's so far from the max.

+ 111 Intelligence
+ 106 Vitality
+ 27 Fire Resist
+ 44 to All Resist
+ 18% Gold from Monsters

... I was looking at comparable items and they were easily going for 1-2 million...for items worse than this.

This could potentially be my first million gold item that I put up on the AH (just dinged 60 last night) and it's kind of blowing my mind that THIS item would be worth a million gold to someone.

As a total aside, upon hitting 60 I geared up my Monk with all the gear I'd need and am survivable as hell right now, just need to work on increasing DPS through a better weapon (530 DPS on my current with 500 LoH and 150 dex)...but so far Inferno Act 1 has been butter. 5 stacks of NV without a sweat...loving see all this yellow!

What AH are you on? On the US one, I get items like that to drop all day long and I can't sell shit, with or without buyouts, and even starting the bid at the sell-to-vendor amount.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE BUY MY LOOT???

RubxQub

What AH are you on? On the US one, I get items like that to drop all day long and I can't sell shit, with or without buyouts, and even starting the bid at the sell-to-vendor amount.

WHY DOESN'T ANYONE BUY MY LOOT???

US...and the item hasn't sold yet, so no worries.

I simply put it up for 1mil starting bid, 1.5mil buyout based on the prices for similar stuff. If it doesn't sell I'll put it up for 750K/1mil and keep reducing from there till it sells. Apparently it's worth SOMETHING if the current prices are anything to go by.

The most I've ever sold something for so far has been like 20K for my old claws when I dinged 60 :lol This much money out of nowhere would be awesome...and it looks like I need at least 5-10 mil to get a decent DPS weapon going on (800+)

Going to play through Inferno until I hit the wall and just farm whatever act I can from there.

I've got like 35K Health and 700 all resists so living isn't really too hard. Focusing on getting more LoH and LpSS and then hoping to drop in a sweet 1h to go with my shield and wreck more faces.

kennah

The AH is weird. I paid 180k for a reduced level weapon and everyone here told me that I paid too much and was ripped off.

I used it for a week and sold it on a 200k buyout. *shrug*

The AH is weird. I paid 180k for a reduced level weapon and everyone here told me that I paid too much and was ripped off.

I've long since stopped paying attention to anyone's armchair appraisals. Everyone thinks they're an expert based on what they bought or sold a thing for a time or two, and never mind the fact that there is no purchase history to go by, and the bar for what constitutes a good item is constantly moving both for the community as a whole as more loot is out there, and for individuals as they change playstyle and skill preferences.

The only way to really value something is to put it up on the AH for free bidding, and even then you only get what it's worth to the people who are looking for something like that during that 36-hour window.

For real. I bought a legendary xbow (like level 40) for 200k, and felt terrible because I had overpaid and it wasn't even as good as what I had. Sold it a day later for 450k buyout. OK.

I've long since stopped paying attention to anyone's armchair appraisals. Everyone thinks they're an expert based on what they bought or sold a thing for a time or two, and never mind the fact that there is no purchase history to go by, and the bar for what constitutes a good item is constantly moving both for the community as a whole as more loot is out there, and for individuals as they change playstyle and skill preferences.

The only way to really value something is to put it up on the AH for free bidding, and even then you only get what it's worth to the people who are looking for something like that during that 36-hour window.

For lower level items (I still haven't hit 60 yet), I always set a buyout, and try to make it somewhat competitive. I think that people on their way to 60 just want quick, easy upgrades, and don't want to babysit an auction. I don't, at least.

kennah

For real. I bought a legendary xbow (like level 40) for 200k, and felt terrible because I had overpaid and it wasn't even as good as what I had. Sold it a day later for 450k buyout. OK.

The amusing part to me is that I have since replaced it with two separate MUCH BETTER weapons. One I paid 30k for and the other I sniped for 60k. Could probably set a buyout of 400k for each of them.

For lower level items (I still haven't hit 60 yet), I always set a buyout, and try to make it somewhat competitive. I think that people on their way to 60 just want quick, easy upgrades, and don't want to babysit an auction. I don't, at least.

Sure. I'm farming Act I/II Inferno, though, and anything I'm going to bother to use an AH slot for would be of use to a level 60 character. I've gone back and forth on doing buyouts, and case by case, as well. I'm just having shit luck selling anything these days.

garath

Yep. By the time a 1 day auction has ended, I'm 10 levels higher even with my limited playtime.

Xanathus

So I was curious about Witch Doctor builds and discovered that they have zero skills which benefit from crit chance. That gimps them at high-end Inferno level because now crit gives them much less benefits, but if Blizzard buffs the skills to compensate for their lack of ways to itemize for powerful skills/builds then they end up being overpowered since they'll have one less affix to gear up for, or two if you include crit damage.

inky

It was an iLVL 63 weapon with 200~ DPS iirc. People were saying that by those parameters it was a terrible weapon for the price (you could've got a lvl 55-57 reduced one with twice as many DPS for less than 100k or a better weapon for less like you just said you did) not that you couldn't have flipped it for 20k more. *shrug*

The whole idea of buying a reduced req. lvl weapon is to take advantage of the DPS range that higher iLVL weapons have so there's no reason to buy a 200 DPS lvl 63 weapon.

Sure. I'm farming Act I/II Inferno, though, and anything I'm going to bother to use an AH slot for would be of use to a level 60 character. I've gone back and forth on doing buyouts, and case by case, as well. I'm just having shit luck selling anything these days.

The problem right now is that the game is saturated with lower and mid tier equipment. Diablo 3 needs a weapon destruction system, not as in if your weapon breaks you can't repair it.

I used to play a game called Ragnarok Online, and it would have a system where you can upgrade your weapons and armor up to +10. Thing is, once your weapon reached +4 or +7, or +6 (etc, depending on the quality of the equipment), there would be a chance it would break during the upgrading process. The higher it would go, the higher the chances of breaking it would be.

The benefit of that would be:

1 - Lower and Mid Tier equipment would turn into pretty useful for everybody.
2 - It would remove a lot of items from the economy, keeping people interested in buying all levels of items since they could upgrade it and sell it for a good amount of money.
3 - Items would flow from one hand to another, so you wouldn't have the hard time you have right now in selling "decent crap".

So imagine you have a 600 DPS weapon with 1 socket and 50% critical chance. That's an O.K weapon and will serve it's purpose for a lower level character, but you'll have a hard time selling it on the AH, right?
So with an upgrade path, you can go to the blacksmith and try to upgrade it to one level and now the weapon has, say, 620 DPS. You get it to 6 upgrades and your weapon has now 740 DPS and it seems pretty useful. So you have an option to either sell it at the AH or keep trying to upgrade it. You upgrade it and it breaks, and with everybody doing that, the saturation goes away naturally.

There are so many levels in how Diablo 3 is tanking right now. I hate to spread more doom and gloom, but it almost feels like this game was stuck in 1999 or something. Some of the systems it has are so old it's not even funny. Let's hope a major update fixes this stuff.

MuggerMD

Banned
Just hit 60 with my DH, What gearing tips can you all give for inferno?

edit: What stats should I be searching for on the AH? Dex is an obvious one, is Vit still important in inferno, or will I get I shot now matter how much vit I have?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Is Ghom even possible with 4 people? Did three runs with a public group and we were steam rolling elites/champ packs but can't even down Ghom to half health. What a joke. I can't even get past him :( 8-10 tries and all failures.

You're not supposed to play Diablo III with other people.

You're supposed to go to the auction house and spend money to brute force your way through the game alone.

Blitzzz

edit: What stats should I be searching for on the AH? Dex is an obvious one, is Vit still important in inferno, or will I get I shot now matter how much vit I have?

My MF set is 1400 dex, 900 vit (30k hp), 150 all resist, 30k dps and I farm act 1 without issues. I run with sharpshooter (bumps to ~60k dps) since I didn't gear for crit chance at all (poor man's MF)

Gear like that with no MF should be pretty cheap. You probably just have to invest in a decent weapon

garath

What I did with mine is get a few pieces with all resist - shoulders, wrist, gloves I think. Then focused on dex + vit + crit chance + crit damage for the rest of my gear. I try to stay around 40k hp (so if I upgrade a piece of gear with less vit, I try to make up for the vit elsewhere) and I can survive two shots in Act III from most things.

Act I and II are on farm status. Act III is doable.

I have 41k dps - 30% crit chance and 250% crit damage, 40k hp, 250-300 resists.

It's a long progression though. I farmed Act I quite a bit till I found a good drop that gave me 67m gold. from there 20m spent let me farm act II and play act III pretty well.

larvi

What I did with mine is get a few pieces with all resist - shoulders, wrist, gloves I think. Then focused on dex + vit + crit chance + crit damage for the rest of my gear. I try to stay around 40k hp (so if I upgrade a piece of gear with less vit, I try to make up for the vit elsewhere) and I can survive two shots in Act III from most things.

Act I and II are on farm status. Act III is doable.

I have 41k dps - 30% crit chance and 250% crit damage, 40k hp, 250-300 resists.

It's a long progression though. I farmed Act I quite a bit till I found a good drop that gave me 67m gold. from there 20m spent let me farm act II and play act III pretty well.

Ugh, I'm at the farm Act 1 part right now, found a couple of things to sell but I'm only up to 1.5m, a long way from 20m. I swear that inflation has set in big time for some of these items, I thought I could buy something decent for 1mil a week or 2 ago, now i'm not really seeing anything that would be a significant upgrade. I would think the opposite would be true since items don't get destroyed so there should be more and more good items over time so the prices should trend downward unless there is an large influx of new players.

Punisher

Neo Member
Just died on my lvl 60 hardcore Barb that was in inferno :( Wanted to do just an ez loot run for 15 mins :(

Thats what I get for playing tired casually listening to my ipod.

Fuck.

RubxQub

Just died on my lvl 60 hardcore Barb that was in inferno :( Wanted to do just an ez loot run for 15 mins :(

Thats what I get for playing tired casually listening to my ipod.

Fuck.

God...what does that even feel like? I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to get that far and have everything ripped away like that.

So I was curious about Witch Doctor builds and discovered that they have zero skills which benefit from crit chance. That gimps them at high-end Inferno level because now crit gives them much less benefits, but if Blizzard buffs the skills to compensate for their lack of ways to itemize for powerful skills/builds then they end up being overpowered since they'll have one less affix to gear up for, or two if you include crit damage.

I missed the memo.

Oh well, I'm probably just 'playing my WD "wrong"'. In the meantime, I'll continue playing the way I am with 41% crit an 260% crit damage firebombing my way to loot heaven. I might not be optimal "Zombie bearz VQ only pls" but I'm farming just fine.

Blitzzz

Ugh, I'm at the farm Act 1 part right now, found a couple of things to sell but I'm only up to 1.5m, a long way from 20m. I swear that inflation has set in big time for some of these items, I thought I could buy something decent for 1mil a week or 2 ago, now i'm not really seeing anything that would be a significant upgrade. I would think the opposite would be true since items don't get destroyed so there should be more and more good items over time so the prices should trend downward unless there is an large influx of new players.

you are competing with 90% of the player base that are also trying to get out of act 1

now with gold trading active, any act 3 tier item will explode in price while act 1 tier items remain slightly better than vendor trash

Punisher

Neo Member
God...what does that even feel like? I can't imagine how frustrating it would be to get that far and have everything ripped away like that.

Frustrating, also because I just tilted my character away kinda :X

I played the character for 50 hours, feels like I've lost an investment and some hard work...It was very enjoying and satisfying while it lasted I guess.

Saves me some grinding though, I was playing without using the AH on purpose too.

Time to move on to another game atm I guess but will be back.

garath

Out of that 20m, 8m was a weapon and 5m was a quiver (not sure if I counted that in the 20m total or not.. might be closer to 23m with the quiver). The rest of the gear was on average 2-3 m a piece for a significant upgrade from my 200-500k gear when I first got to inferno. If nothing else, go for dps. Quick trigger finger on smokescreen will get you out of most jams as long as you can survive at least one hit.

Definity

Is this worth anything for a WD...maybe for an off-hand? I know nothing about the class and pricing is all over the place on the AH. Thanks.

ibhYYGFL9Vmynn.png

eek5

I missed the memo.

Oh well, I'm probably just 'playing my WD "wrong"'. In the meantime, I'll continue playing the way I am with 41% crit an 260% crit damage firebombing my way to loot heaven. I might not be optimal "Zombie bearz VQ only pls" but I'm farming just fine.

Don't take it personally or anything. All other classes have skills that proc secondary effects off critical hits. There is a huge side benefit to stacking crit chance outside of just DPS gains. For example barbarian can generate massive amounts of resources off of critical hits, lower CDs on skills like overpower.

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
So i usually dont ask for PC's but im having trouble with this one.

KWHnm.jpg

There was only one dagger on the RMAH with similar properties. It had a buyout at $100 but with half the DPS. Anyone?

Don't take it personally or anything. All other classes have skills that proc secondary effects off critical hits. There is a huge side benefit to stacking crit chance outside of just DPS gains. For example barbarian can generate massive amounts of resources off of critical hits, lower CDs on skills like overpower.

I don't take it personally, I'm more than happy with my progress and ability to farm. I haven't played any other classes yet so I didn't know about the procs off crits. It's interesting for sure.

LordCanti

KWHnm.jpg

There was only one dagger on the RMAH with similar properties. It had a buyout at $100 but with half the DPS. Anyone?

I've got a 1h spear up for $15, and no bids.

It's got similar stats, except a socket instead of rolled crit. Maybe yours is worth more as an offhand for the tornado barb spec due to the higher attack speed, who knows.

larvi

Frustrating, also because I just tilted my character away kinda :X

I played the character for 50 hours, feels like I've lost an investment and some hard work...It was very enjoying and satisfying while it lasted I guess.

Saves me some grinding though, I was playing without using the AH on purpose too.

Time to move on to another game atm I guess but will be back.

Ouch...sorry to hear that. I lost a couple of 100+ lvl hardcore chars in Sacred 2 closed net and it was always heartwrenching. I would take some time off but always be back again. It's good that you didn't invest a lot of $$$ in the AH and lose that as well.

I don't think I have it in me to do hardcore on D3 with how hard it is to come by decent items. You can always build another char but items looks to be pretty irreplacable.

XLNC

KWHnm.jpg

Not worth anywhere near $100. Don't look at just daggers. You can see that swords with comparable stats go for much, much cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom