• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTKT

Of all the things to complain you choose to complain about them adding additional features into the game. The quoted sentence doesn't even imply that they don't intend to "fix" item hunt (they are for instance buffing legendaries after all). The item hunt aspect of the game doesn't differ much at all from d2, almost everything you ever found in d2 is complete trash. Gamers are so whiny

I'm not annoyed by them adding a feature. I'm annoyed because the fundamentals of the itemization in D3 are flawed and create uninsteresting items where the only difference is a purely statistical one.

Nothing interesting about. Especially considering that Legendary must account for less than 1% of the drops.

neoism

so whats new, someone at the steam thread said a blue a bnet said some good shit.

Sooooo can I use my 9.77 to buy gold now. :p :D

scy

What the fuck does that even mean?

Instead of fixing the item hunt, the core part of Diablo, they are creating something else?

Ugh.

One of the largest complaints about Diablo 3 is that there's nothing to do except the item hunt so it kind of makes sense for some form of alternate advancement. Granted, it's mostly "Where PvP?!" talk rather than wanting some other feature.

I just want 1.0.4 details. Blizzard's patching speed is showing again :| At the latest, 1.0.4 should have hit next week but, by the sound of things, we probably won't see it until August. :/

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
One of the largest complaints about Diablo 3 is that there's nothing to do except the item hunt so it kind of makes sense for some form of alternate advancement.

The reason that is such a large complaint is BECAUSE the item hunt is awful. If itemization wasn't such a monstrous step backwards from D2, people wouldn't have nearly as big an issue because they would be getting more gratification out of the loot hunt.

scy

The reason that is such a large complaint is BECAUSE the item hunt is awful. If itemization wasn't such a monstrous step backwards from D2, people wouldn't have nearly as big an issue because they would be getting more gratification out of the loot hunt.

Itemization in D2 was pretty shitty as well for a long period of time. That's no excuse, mind you, as they should know better by now but it's not like D2 actually had an amazing loot system either. D3's deriving everything from equipment puts extra emphasis on getting as much Damage out of it primarily which skews what people are looking for. Not that the loot situation is great here, I just don't think of it having the same problem that most people say. They do need more Skill Mods, however, and maybe even remove +Stats from Armor in general and just rely on gems for that. Kind of surprised they didn't go that route in the first place.

But I disagree. People want something else other than just the loot hunt. Something to use all that loot rather than just for getting more loot. Or at least something to improve their character, even if marginally, so even bad loot runs yield "something." As long as whatever non-loot hunt thing they implement is one of those two categories and not "something to do BESIDES loot hunting", I think that'll help things out a fair amount.

Buffing underused skills sounds the most interesting to me. A chance to change up builds and mess around a little should be a warm welcome.

Legendary buff will be awesome too. Of the 10 or so I've farmed, only 2 have been worth anything. Even then ... they were only worth 1-2 million. It will be nice to have some extra motivation for the item hunt as well.

I'm at the spire currently. Izual on Inferno was easier for me than he was on Hell. I've been toying arund with the idea of beating Diablo, but just keep farming act II VotA. I can take act III fairly well, but it's not as efficient as act II farming for me. Though I did get the 3+ million emrald gem plan last night on act III during an Azmo run.

inky

Wasn't the legendary items buff coming with the 1.1.0 (PvP) patch? They really must be bleeding players to move it up to the 1.0.4. I expect a whole lot of problems coming with it too...

I just want something else to do other than launch up the AH every now and then. At least most of my gear has sold for real moneyz, so whatever. New HDD on the way, thanks Blizz.

People hold Diablo III to a higher standard than any other game I can think of.

This is a game with 5 distinctly different character classes, each with scores of potentially viable skill builds and a very long path to the end of Hell if you are only into the skill development, and even longer through Inferno if you get into gear maxing.

It has the easiest drop-in, drop-out coop setup imaginable, and an endless potential for finding great loot, and even making real money from it.

Oh, but it sucks and it's such a failure and blah blah blah god I hate it so much I can't believe 8 weeks, 3 whole official threads and 360 pages later I'm still playing and talking about it.

syllogism

Wasn't the legendary items buff coming with the 1.1.0 (PvP) patch? They really must be bleeding players to move it up to the 1.0.4. I expect a whole lot of problems coming with it too...

I just want something else to do other than launch up the AH every now and then. At least most of my gear has sold for real moneyz, so whatever. New HDD on the way, thanks Blizz.
These bizarre leaps of logic never cease to amaze me. Yes, I'm sure a lot of players are quitting/playing less/taking a break, but that has no relevance to the subject at hand. It's much more likely that the legendary buff will be included in 1.04 simply because 1.04 is taking much longer than they anticipated.

inky

Your leap of logic is as bizarre as mine. How is it irrelevant? Legendary item's buff is interesting content so it is not far-fetched that it is being moved up to attract some players back, especially when they explicitly said they would take their sweet time to buff them properly, and not do a half-assed job in the first place, that's why the estimate was the PvP patch. The timing of this letter amidst the bunch of complaints from the Official forums is another sign of this.

You what they are doing for each patch as much as I do.

syllogism

Your leap of logic is as bizarre as mine. How is it irrelevant? Legendary item's buff is interesting content so it is not far-fetched that it is being moved up to attract some players back, especially when they explicitly said they would take their sweet time to buff them properly, and not do a half-assed job in the first place, that's why the estimate was the PvP patch.
My explanation doesn't rely on the assumption that they are doing "half-assed job" and also takes into account that it has clearly take quite long for for 1.04 to come out. There is no leap in my logic. There is no reason for blizzard not to include the buff in the earliest patch possible, regardless of how much they are "bleeding players".

inky

But there is, you are not involved in development at Blizzard (if you are, then disclose it) you don't know how long it takes to produce the content, be it AH revamp, skill remake or Legendary Item changes, so your explanation of "it has taken too long" to bring 1.0.4 is as much of a guess as mine is.

syllogism

But there is, you are not involved in development at Blizzard (if you are, then disclose it) you don't know how long it takes to produce the content, so your explanation of "it has taken too long" to bring 1.0.4 is as much of a guess as mine is.
My explanation is the natural explanation, that is to say content gets released when it's done.

scy

Just for the record, the first design preview gave the Legendary buff + PvP thing but that was back at the end of May (and it was "Likely with the PvP patch" wording). The 1.0.3 preview mentioned it as being worked on currently with no mention of a release time. Though, it sounded like it was meant for the next major patch.

Edit: Though, on that note, they never did talk to us about the Legendary item changes they've already got ready and what's to come like they said they would :(

syllogism

I suppose the difference between us is that I expect the most likely scenario to be true until presented evidence suggesting otherwise.

ThatStupidLion

Gold Member

agreed. there shouldnt be a bunch of end game content. it's just a loot game not an mmo. whether that interests the player enough is what kept people playing and re rolling. they over simplified the game and messed up itemization. if there wasnt an AH i would feel the need to farm for items instead of browse the ah.

that said it being a loot game doesnt mean they couldnt have innovated a bit and modernized/improved the genre.

they are trying to make it as MMO as it can be without it being an "MMO". because then you get more long term "subscribers".

where as a normal loot game the players/"subscribers" would fall off drastically except for core players once done.

the issue is as we see is that formula doesnt work, so now they think they have to add more mmo aspects, because it's too far gone.

inky

Edit: You know what, whatever, you keep your crazy conspiracy theories about me being a crazy conspiracy theorist ;P

Bye.

Also, these people are not even trying anymore, got these back to back mails:

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Diablo III account(s).
As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.
If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.
It will be ongoing for further investigation by Blizzard Entertainment's employees.
If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with:
[link removed]
Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* First and Surname
* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

Account Administration Team
Blizzard Entertainment
[Link Removed]
Diablo III , Blizzard Entertainment 2012

Greetings!

It has come to our attention that you are trying to sell your personal Star Wars account(s).

As you may not be aware of, this conflicts with the EULA and Terms of Agreement.

If this proves to be true, your account can and will be disabled.

It will be ongoing for further investigation by LucasArts's employees.

If you wish to not get your account suspended you should immediately verify your account ownership.

You can confirm that you are the original owner of the account to this secure website with: :

[link removed]

Login to your account, In accordance following template to verify your account.

* Secret Question and Answer
Show * Please enter the correct information

If you ignore this mail your account can and will be closed permanently.

Once we verify your account, we will reply to your e-mail informing you that we have dropped the investigation.

Regards,

LucasArts, the LucasArts logo, STAR WARS and related properties are trademarks in the United States and/or in other countries of Lucasfilm Ltd. and/or its affiliates. 2012 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. All rights

This isn't even my D3 mail guys. Try again.

scy

I didn't say it was going to be a half-assed job, I said they explicitly put the estimate on the PvP patch to prevent such a scenario. Just for the record.

To be fair, I think they've had to reevaluate their schedule for changes a lot since they said that. They wanted 1.1 to be their first major balancing patch as well but changes have slowly been creeping in (and it is now a major point of 1.0.4). I'd say that they planned to work on it until 1.1 before they started doing larger changes with 1.0.3.

Blitzzz

We know the auction house isn’t perfect, but with your help and feedback, we’ll be able to continue making it a better experience for those who choose to use it. On the flipside, we are also committed to ensuring you have a great experience with Diablo III without feeling like the auction house is mandatory, which was never our intention.

lol wat... this game is impossible without the AH and that was by design

Ashhong

What the fuck does that even mean?

Instead of fixing the item hunt, the core part of Diablo, they are creating something else?

Ugh.

Even if they fixed itemization, I would love another way to play. Someone once suggested a mode where you go through levels, with each one getting harder and harder to see how far you can go without dying. I would love to see something like this.

And for the love of God bring the AH tooltip out sooner! How fucking hard is that to do? I spent 2.1mil last night thinking I'd go up roughly 3k, but only went up 800dps. I need to figure out why theasiangamer.com keeps giving me the wrong calculation.

syllogism

lol wat... this game is impossible without the AH and that was by design
It's a very easy game until inferno without AH and after that it's quite doable, especially if you play with a group so you can share loot.

e: I've a friend who has a 80k dps wizard with decent resistances/armor who has bought 1 item from AH

e: I've a friend who has a 80k dps wizard with decent resistances/armor who has bought 1 item from AH
Your friend has either played thousands of hours or has absolutely astonishing luck. I'm 200 hours in and I haven't had any main gear upgrade drop since I hit inferno (Wizard). I have had some stuff I use for farming gold drop though.

Ashhong

Your friend has either played thousands of hours or has absolutely astonishing luck. I'm 200 hours in and I haven't had any main gear upgrade drop since I hit inferno (Wizard). I have had some stuff I use for farming gold drop though.

Well did you AH your main gear in the first place? I have had main gear upgrades drop for my Wiz, some even better than the AH gear I have.

It's a very easy game until inferno without AH and after that it's quite doable, especially if you play with a group so you can share loot.

I suppose playing in groups would help. That useless (though kick ass) item for you might at least be used by your friend. It seems like it would take 1000+ hours to do it solo though. Unless you're super lucky. It's not impossible though. Just ... really really really long.

I personally don't know why anyone dilikes the AH. Well ... unless you're talking about search funtionality. Espeically after the patch. It's pretty cheap to gear someone to Act II and farm Act I.

Blitzzz

exactly, I have an entire friend's list to counteract his one example

Anustart

I really wish there wasn't this day and a half wait on rmah deals. My money making scheme is really starting to snow ball into something respectable, but this waiting is killing me.

Guess what, guys. Loot is random in this game. Everyone gets completely different things! At different times! And in different amounts!

Fear not, however, because there is a huge community of people trading this gigantic mish-mash of things in an almost effortless manner, and no one ever gets scammed! Each item is put before the community, and via the most cutting and accurate process humanity has ever evolved, fairly evaluated for its worth (in either gold or real currency). Come away from your transaction secure in the knowledge that you got every bit of coin you could from your hard-earned loot.

Where is this paradise of arms and commodities exchange, you ask? You know, I'd love to share, but I've got some things to attend to in about 2-4m.

Sheik

Could use some price checks on these items.

Normally I just price items based on what I find on the AH, but these items are a little different than what I can find using the search perimeters. Keen Coat has lower Vit and Fire Res but a lot of Dex and the Adornments chest has lowish stats overall but high resists. So confused. Bought both to flip but I have a feeling I might've overpaid lol. :S

si9ka.jpg

J2d

This is my first Diablo game, and outside of Baldurs gate for the ps2, my first venture into the genre. I have made it into inferno but I can do fuck all against the elite packs or what you call the blue and yellow enemies. I can do about 17k in damage and have around 34k in life if I'm not mistaken,I play a wizard btw.

I try to run away and blast them with arcane orbs and other ranged stuff but I just get sucked back, frozen or whatever the fuck they decide to use to make me immobile. Should I just try and hope to make progress, play some other race or change my setup (spectral blade, arcane orb, diamond skin, hydra, ice armor and explosive blast) because this seems fucking retarded to me..

Shouta

I put up some gold when I replied, 2 million, and it sold at 8am EST.

Changed it from 1 to 2 in some point and sold in within 24 hours.

I did .25 per 100k

So you gotta sell it in smaller increments? That kinda is woof because you get hit with the charge each transaction no?

LordCanti

So you gotta sell it in smaller increments? That kinda is woof because you get hit with the charge each transaction no?

The charge is a percentage. Whether they take 30% from the whole, or 30% from the whole broken up into smaller pieces, it's still 30%.

Unless I'm losing it :p

Edit: 15% if you want Blizzbucks, but why would you want those?

All I had was 2 million.

15 percent should be the same no matter what.

The only wall you hit is the amount of gold you can put in the 10 slots.

Ashhong

This is my first Diablo game, and outside of Baldurs gate for the ps2, my first venture into the genre. I have made it into inferno but I can do fuck all against the elite packs or what you call the blue and yellow enemies. I can do about 17k in damage and have around 34k in life if I'm not mistaken,I play a wizard btw.

I try to run away and blast them with arcane orbs and other ranged stuff but I just get sucked back, frozen or whatever the fuck they decide to use to make me immobile. Should I just try and hope to make progress, play some other race or change my setup (spectral blade, arcane orb, diamond skin, hydra, ice armor and explosive blast) because this seems fucking retarded to me..

You need to gear up and change your skills. You can either buy from the Auction House or you can go to Hell mode and farm act 4. I have some of my older Wizard items still for sale. PM me your tag if you want to take a look.

I highly recommend Teleport if you aren't going to be a melee wizard. Also use the passive skill that resets the cooldown if you take certain # damage. Energy Armor with Force Armor is also very important.

All I had was 2 million.

15 percent should be the same no matter what.

The only wall you hit is the amount of gold you can put in the 10 slots.

Is there no $1 fee for commodities? If not, then yea the 15% is the same.

I just realized something tho, they take out 15 percent, then 15 percent of the new value. Which is better than doing 30% all at once.

It's really... ~28% total for paypal.

Maybe I should keep this for myself so they don't nerf it.

LordCanti

Sell $10 worth of gold and get $8.50. Sell $20 worth of gold and get $17. Sell $40 worth of gold and get $34. (All these figures are Blizzbucks)

Double the gold amount, double the fees.

Shouta

Well damn, I forgot how good my helmet for my Monk was.

wOpEF.png

Crafted it to boot.

Wonder how much I could get on the RMAH or on D2jsp for it.

LordCanti

I shouldn't have used this RMAH calculator. It hurts to see that a $5 sale is 30% to cash out ($1 plus 15%). I guess that's why you should go for Blizzbucks first and then cash out a higher value item, but whatever. It's incredibly simple to figure out what will sell for $5 consistently, but bump that up to $15+ and it's a mystery.

wOpEF.png

Crafted it to boot.

Too many attributes to really search for. The lack of a socket for 15% vita hurts I guess, but 4% crit, DEX/VIT, res all, and 10% sweeping wind has to be worth something I'd think.

syllogism

I put up 50m yesterday and 2.5m of it sold today right before the auction ended. Basically you just have to get lucky near the auction deadline.

wOpEF.png

Crafted it to boot.

I jsut bought something very similar to this. It had less ALL RESIST, but was stacked with arcane so it ended out being more for me. It had slightly less VIT and didn't have the sweeping wind damage. I bought it for less than 2 mill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom