• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III |OT4| Antiques Roadshow: Sanctuary Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Definity

Do 6 property plans drop in all acts? With the amount of time I've farmed act 1 and 2 I was hoping to see one drop but nope...

my cloak plan dropped in act 2.

Yeah ... I was under the impression that they could drop in all acts. They're just super rare. I've not seen one in all my time on inferno.

Though I did get the highest crafting recipe for a topaz gem in Act II. It wasn't worth anything compared to the emrald, but it's something I guess. Popped on belial.

Definity

I seriously have a metric ton of crafting mats I've been holding on to hoping I would find a 6 prop plan drop. Really don't want to go to the AH for it.

LordCanti

That 30k gold weapon I bought for my Tornado barb just sold for $15. My barb is now useless but...I had to do it :p

i can understand. There just isnt anything worth while to do now

Isn't people watching him "the thing" he does? I guess he thinks he can get more viewers doing something else.

Cipherr

That 30k gold weapon I bought for my Tornado barb just sold for $15. My barb is now useless but...I had to do it :p

Isn't people watching him "the thing" he does? I guess he thinks he can get more viewers doing something else.

And he would probably be right about that. He apparently is going to try GW over the weekend, I sort of wish I had a beta key to try it also. There is nothing to do in D3 atm. Its just boring as sin.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
And he would probably be right about that. He apparently is going to try GW over the weekend, I sort of wish I had a beta key to try it also. There is nothing to do in D3 atm. Its just boring as sin.

I'm thinking of pre ordering the game to get a beta key.

kennah

Auction.jpg

No Auction house, Thank YOU

LordCanti

This game just kind of craps out $10-$15 bucks a day no matter what I do. Someone out there is probably clearing a couple hundred per day, considering that I put almost no effort into it.

I have no idea, but I'm going to directly reinvest the cash into gold and see how many Tomes of JC it buys.

Noooo. You'd be pissing it all away.

You got lucky. Your tomes happened to be at the top when some idiot bought them. The chances of that happening again are slim. I've had tomes up almost non-stop since commodities got turned on, and I haven't sold a single one.

larvi

Price check on aisle 3. I don't see much out there with this combo of str/vit/crit chance.

fa.png

I really wish you could search completed auctions.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Looks like a major ban wave is going out for Gold Farmers. With them also reimplementing the session limit, maybe the price of gold will actually start going up.

Not too long ago I started playing Diablo III. Just beat the Skeleton King and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have what may seem like a silly question: what is the meta game in Diablo? Or rather what are some classic cases of "you're doing it wrong" in this game? I'm not usually a PC gamer and this is my first Diablo game. I do have elective mode on.

LordCanti

Looks like a major ban wave is going out for Gold Farmers. With them also reimplementing the session limit, maybe the price of gold will actually start going up.

I don't think the price will go above $2.50. The botters were selling their gold via third party sites anyway, since they could cut out the fees associated with selling on the RMAH (and avoid the extra scrutiny).

Not too long ago I started playing Diablo III. Just beat the Skeleton King and I'm really enjoying it so far. I have what may seem like a silly question: what is the meta game in Diablo? Or rather what are some classic cases of "you're doing it wrong" in this game? I'm not usually a PC gamer and this is my first Diablo game. I do have elective mode on.

If you die before Inferno (and the thing that killed you wasn't a particularly nasty champ mob or a boss) you've done something horribly wrong. Most of the time, the thing you've done wrong in that scenario is a combination of the wrong build, and the wrong gear. The AH fixes one of these problems for you, if you can't handle sub-optimal level grinding. Otherwise, forget that the AH exists and just do whatever you want.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores

There's really not much you can do to screw yourself up, really. For better or worse, the babying design took care of that.

A pretty clear indicator that you're doing it wrong is that you die too much, although you probably won't have to face that until mid-late Hell and Inferno. At that stage in the game, a lot of players make the mistake of continuing to ignore their defense, like they did in normal and nightmare mode.

I guess another thing would be to carefully analyze the skills you are using and ask yourself why you are using them. In the beginning, "because they are cool" is a good enough reason, but later in the game, you need to think about how your skill selection contributes to your survivability, and damage-dealing capabilities.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I don't think the price will go above $2.50. The botters were selling their gold via third party sites anyway, since they could cut out the fees associated with selling on the RMAH (and avoid the extra scrutiny).

They managed to cut out the low hanging fruit at least, the bulk of the Dank Celler Farmers seem to have gotten banned. Plus, I am noticing the bulk my gold auctions are finishing far faster then before, which to me means that the supply is falling faster then the demand.

Danj

It's a very easy game until inferno without AH and after that it's quite doable, especially if you play with a group so you can share loot.

e: I've a friend who has a 80k dps wizard with decent resistances/armor who has bought 1 item from AH

Your friend has either played thousands of hours or has absolutely astonishing luck. I'm 200 hours in and I haven't had any main gear upgrade drop since I hit inferno (Wizard). I have had some stuff I use for farming gold drop though.

This this this this this. I got my Wizard to level 60 the other week and even with repeatedly buying stuff off the AH I've only been able to get my DPS up to 16k.

tafer

This this this this this. I got my Wizard to level 60 the other week and even with repeatedly buying stuff off the AH I've only been able to get my DPS up to 16k.

Same here with a barb, nothing remotely useful has been dropped since I started inferno. And right now I'm trying to improve my gears since most of them are pure garbage oriented to survival.

eek5

I'm at the point where any gear upgrade is 10-20+ mil per piece. I do 1-2 runs a day and I've gotten 2 items that would be an upgrade for me and 4 items that would be upgrades for other classes at my gear level in the last 7 days. It's just how the RNG rolls bros. Just have to keep at it.

interesting, with blizzard, a wave of banhammers usually means a new patch is very very near....

I think this is the 3rd ban wave in the last 2 weeks.

Just play whatever skills you enjoy - you cannot make permanent leveling mistakes in D3 thanks to skill system.

Radec

You're doing it wrong in D3 is when you don't use the AH. :p

Da fuq? What are you wearing? Care to list down your gears? what's your build type (skill set)?

There are major influx of lower tier 60s equipment. Shouldn't be that hard to get 25k dps at least!

Danj

Da fuq? What are you wearing? Care to list down your gears? what's your build type (skill set)?

There are major influx of lower tier 60s equipment. Shouldn't be that hard to get 25k dps at least!

Build

Gear and stats

This is how much money I have btw:
mXL18.jpg

Also don't forget I am in the UK, so EU server/gold auction house and UK-only RMAH - so this alleged influx of items you mention may be US only.

sleepykyo

Build

Gear and stats

mXL18.jpg

Also don't forget I am in the UK, so EU server/gold auction house and UK-only RMAH - so this alleged influx of items you mention may be US only.

I know nothing about this game, but it looks like your critical chance and critical damage are low. Most of the high dps characters have a high chance to critical and critical damage bonus.

edit: And switching the shield for a source would probably help.

Danj

I know nothing about this game, but it looks like your critical chance and critical damage are low. Most of the high dps characters have a high chance to critical and critical damage bonus.

Well yeah, that's because I've been buying all the +int gear I could get my hands on to try and get my DPS up. I hadn't been including crit chance or crit damage as I figured they don't affect the regular DPS figure. Do they? Surely critical only applies if and when you actually get a critical hit, so it wouldn't be part of the normal DPS figure?

Yeah, get some crit on your gear. You seem to be focused solely on stacking int.

edit: it is, haha. The higher your crit chance/damage is, the higher your final DPS calculation is. Attack speed also adds a lot to your dps.

Danj

Yeah, get some crit on your gear. You seem to be focused solely on stacking int.

edit: it is, haha. The higher your crit chance/damage is, the higher your final DPS calculation is. Attack speed also adds a lot to your dps.

Well shit. That explains a lot, then, I'd been wondering how all these people managed to get such high DPS and it's just that the crit figures are included. OK, thanks for the info. And yeah I did realise attack speed figures into it but attack speed gear is kind of hard to come by these days since the nerf.

Yeah. Like the rest has mentioned...you're missing:-

Crit chance
Crit damage
attack speed

You'll also need All resist from act 2 onwards.

Life regen is good if you can stack lots.

Also, if you're going for DPS, drop the shield and use a source (with high base damage, int and crit chance). Your dps will go up by about 5k.

linsivvi

Build

Gear and stats

mXL18.jpg

Your #1 priority is to increase your crit%, after that crit damage.

Your int is very high so you can sacrifice a bit of that for crit. For example, find a glove you that can eventually afford with crit% and crit damage but with a much lower int. Your weapon is fine for now, and don't ever switch to a 2 hander.

Danj

Life regen is good if you can stack lots.

Should I stack that instead of Life on Hit, or is Life on Hit still where it's at for recovering hp?

Your #1 priority is to increase your crit%, after that crit damage.

Your int is very high so you can sacrifice a bit of that for crit. For example, find a glove you that can eventually afford with crit% and crit damage but with a much lower int. Your weapon is fine for now, and don't ever switch to a 2 hander.

Thanks for the suggestions. With regard to the weapon, I'm not a big fan of 2-handers, they seem like they are really slow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom